[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got hit by nostalgia for old shows, so I rewatched Escaflowne.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 483284.jpg (384KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
483284.jpg
384KB, 1920x1080px
Got hit by nostalgia for old shows, so I rewatched Escaflowne.
Amazing backgrounds, great animation.
Rewatched Cowboy Bebop. Great backgrounds, super animation.
Never watched Outlaw Star. Give it a try. Amazing backgrounds, great animation.
Why can't modern television anime have just as large, detailed, pretty backgrounds? How did the late 90s pull this off so well?
>>
>>147308459
ITT: I watched two shows from the '90s that didn't even air in the same year and I think I can judge and entire decade based on that.
>>
>>147308684
>two
>three mentioned in the post
Do you have brain damage?

>entire decade
I specifically mentioned second half of the 90s. You definitely have brain damage.
I'm still waiting for your brilliant list of anime in 10s that can compare.
>>
>>147308802
Consider it the golden age. Now most of this moeshit is made for profit.
>>
I miss buitifull hand-drawn mecha
>>
File: 1469714063957.jpg (30KB, 439x439px) Image search: [Google]
1469714063957.jpg
30KB, 439x439px
>>147308802
Not even that anon, but generalizing the late 90s with literally your cherry-picked three?
And you're calling other people brain damaged? Fucking kek.
>>
>>147308802
>three
This
Changes
Everything
>>
>>147308459
Because you are judging a whole decade based on 3 shows, /v/tard.
>>
>>147308459
It was the era of the pinnacle of cel animation, which required a lot of hard work regardless. Digital tolerates laziness which just allows for a lot of corners to be cut despite the potential for amazing (albeit different) results.

There's also the lack of talent in general these days and the mass production of anime every season.
>>
Anime will never be good again.
>>
>>147309071
More like randomly picked. I don't even think they're that good shows, but their artwork and especially backgrounds had something that's missing today. No amount of durrr /v/ or jumping to conclusions about cherry picking changes that.
>>
>backgrounds
Watch more anime bro.
>>
>>147309116
>the mass production
Mass production set in in the 60s, anon, and you can find people in the industry complaining about how it ruined everything as early as the 70s.
>>
>>147309479
Anime today is literally oversaturated with crap, unlike back then.
>>
>>147309479
Maybe I worded it wrong, but you know what I mean, anon. Take a look at the number of shows per season starting from the 70s and see how much more there are from the 2000/2010s onwards.
>>
>>147308459
90's shows were contructed to convey vision and concept

2010's shows have been constructed around easily exploitable tropes and hyperfocused genres.

the entire point of modern shows is to avoid scope and hyper-focus in on individual character dynamics that interest the viewer. that naturally precludes things such as exploration and the unknown
>>
>>147308459
Outlaw Star is the chronic.
>>
>ITT: every single 90's show was like Cowboy Bebop or Escaflowne
>>
>>147308459
anime today doesnt have the POWER OF THE CELL.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.