[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In which order should I watch Ghost in the Shell? The only one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

In which order should I watch Ghost in the Shell? The only one I've seen is the 1995 movie. This is what some forum suggested:

>Ghost in the Shell (2015) is set as a prelude to the original Ghost in the Shell from 1995. It ends where the movie from 1995 begins.

>Ghost in the Shell (set in 2029) from 1995 or its 2008 remake Ghost in the Shell 2.0

>Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (set in 2030)

>The Laughing Man, a feature-length OVA summary of S.A.C.

>Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG (set in 2032)

>Individual Eleven, a feature-length OVA which retells the events of S.A.C. 2nd GIG, altered to focus on both the Individual Eleven investigation and the relationship between Hideo Kuze and Motoko Kusanagi

>Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (set in 2032)

>Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex − Solid State Society (set in 2034) from 2006 or 2011 in 3D

>Ghost in the Shell: Arise OVA series (set in 2027). It's a prequel telling the origin story of Section 9

>Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Alternative Architecture is a recompilation for television of Ghost in the Shell: Arise.

>Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie is a movie set after Ghost in the Shell: Arise that is a continuation of the plot of the Pyrophoric Cult episode.
>>
>>147300773

Watch Ghost in the Shell: Innocence next.

Then, if you liked that, check out Stand Alone Complex S1, S2, and Solid State Society. The two compilation movies are useless, unless you just want the main stories of both seasons, which isn't exactly the main appeal of the series.

Then, if you liked that, watch Ghost in the Shell: Arise: Alternative Architecture and Ghost in the Shell (2015)

GitS 1995 and Innocence, Stand Alone Complex, and Arise are all different takes on the Ghost in the Shell manga. So watching one to get information for the other and going by the in-universe years is silly. Also know that the way those three universes portray Ghost in the Shell are pretty different from each other, so you may end up liking one more than the others.

And, of course, if you like the franchise in general, be sure to check out the manga, since it's the source of it all. Know that it has a lot of nudity though.
>>
protip, anidb has tree for each version of universe
>>
File: 1467371352012.jpg (20KB, 412x295px) Image search: [Google]
1467371352012.jpg
20KB, 412x295px
>>147300773
>In which order should I watch Ghost in the Shell?
Here's a crazy idea!

How about

The order they were released?
>>
manga and original movie all you need ignore all other stuff
>>
>>147302000

trips for truth.
>>
>>147300773
There is no order with Production I.G., watch what you feel like you want to watch. There isn't any real consistency to the franchise as a whole!
>>
>>147300773
>that cancerous list

Holy shit

You start with the original movie from 1995 (avoid the 2.0 version which butchered a lot of scenes by replacing them with early cheap CGI).

Then you watch the second movie (Innocence)

Then you watch the anime series - Stand Alone Complex, then the second season (2nd GIG) then the epilogue movie to it called Solid State Society

Then you read the manga.

Then if you're really fucking desperate for more, you watch Arise which is shit.
First the original 4 Arise OVAs, then Episodes 9 and 10 of Arise anime (episodes 1-8 are just reused material from OVAs 1-4 with scenes removed and pacing fucked) and then the Arise movie also known as "Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie".
>>
>>147302000

>Watch it in the meme cashgrab order that was designed to keep you interested, instead of watching it in a chronological order that makes sense. Just stop thinking and become a broadcast-order retard like me.

No thanks.
>>
You first watch 1995 movie
Then you dont watch anything else. That is the optimal order.
>>
>>147303135
>chronological order
>for the series that isn't connected
You are beyond retarded.

SAC is its own universe

The first two moves are their own universe

Arise and its movie are their own universe

You are fucking retarded for thinking there is chronology, get cancer and die if you aren't even going to listen to us anyway and simply made the thread to shitpost.
>>
>>147303005
thanks
>>
>>147303135
>chronological order

Do you even know the series of are you just talking out of you ass ?
>>
>>147301744
>>147303005
>1995 movie
>innocence
>S.A.C series
This
Might as well rewatch the original one first as alot of its minor plot points will be shown in the second movie.

Saw the first one when i was a kid and second one when i was in high school, obviously didnt understand it and decided to give it a shot again.
Ive been binge watching this and currently in the 3rd episode of sac. Did it in the order as anons stated and its been really good so far.
>>
>>147303135
>instead of watching it in a chronological order that makes sense.
Chronological order literally never makes sense for anything that wasn't WRITTEN in chronological order. Watch 0083 Stardust Memory and fucking tell me you weren't literally EXPECTED to have seen Zeta first the way it was written.

Chronological order is for casuals and retards that don't understand the subtleties of writing used in things that take place chronologically before an entry that has already been written and concluded. Using it is quite literally putting on the dunce cap and saying "I don't know what I'm doing."
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.