[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bobobo on Cartoon Network: Wacky Afro martial arts warrior goes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: yes.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Bobobo on Cartoon Network: Wacky Afro martial arts warrior goes on a mission to defeat the ultimate bald evil.

Bobobo in the manga: In chapter 3, Bobobo decides to completely massacre an entire village just because he fucking felt like it

Why haven't you read the godsend that is the Bobobo manga?
>>
Both were great honestly. Bobobo had one of the best localizations, especially considering how japanese it is.
>>
>tfw we're never going to get a complete run of the Bobobo anime
>>
>>147261922
Don't pretend like you didn't enjoy Bobobo when it was airing.
>>
>>147261996
this. They could have just done a direct translation and left it as utter gibberish, but instead they created new puns and jokes to fit the visuals, even with things moving a mile a minute. In some cases, they even tried to keep things more "logical" than the manga, keeping more of a running theme through a scene instead of just randomness.
>>
>>147264482
This, fucking this. Some gems I remember from the dub
>"I'd love to fill out this entry form, but, ITS IN JAPANESE"
>Don Patch and Bo doing a Star Wars skit, "Duke, I am your stepfather!"
>Giga makes makes wax copies of himself, "get a load of my insane clone posse!"
>>
>>147266559
>>"I'd love to fill out this entry form, but, ITS IN JAPANESE"
god fucking dammit
>>
>>147261922
It was one of the first anime I ever witnessed, Currently reading the manga it's fantastic
>>
>>147261922
I'm illiterate
>>
I'll admit, I like how the dub translated it as 'wiggin' out', for some reason that seemed like an appropriate term for how they "fought"
>>
>>147261922
http://youtu.be/K16DZDN_tTo
>SUPER FIST OF NOSEMATH
>>
>>147261922
Keeping this thread alive with 2 of the best manga pages ever printed
>>
>>147267391
>>
>>147261922
Why aren't you talking about the latest developments in Shinsetsu Bobobo?
>>
Has the first series even been fully translated yet?
>>
>>147267466
I think it's a pretty good Osiris/Slifer...
>>
>>147267466
>>
File: Bo-BoBo Crew 1.jpg (62KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
Bo-BoBo Crew 1.jpg
62KB, 500x532px
I really, really, REALLY want Viz to translate more Bo-Bobo, even if only digitally. I bought all 6 volumes they put out but it's not nearly enough. They did a great job with it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXpAPwD7LEU

>deh huah uh huah hey hoo oh yeah heah deah duh huh hyeah hoo
>>
>>147261922
It's creative enough and I find has held up remarkably well

A solid show with a solid localization
>>
>>147268698
https://youtu.be/PCC8KYwLvo8
Probably my favorite parody ever.
>>
File: all hands on neck.gif (183KB, 650x478px) Image search: [Google]
all hands on neck.gif
183KB, 650x478px
>>
I know Bobobo is all farce, but it would have been nice if the story went somewhere. It just kind of spins downhill. And doesn't get funnier, just stale.
>>
>>147267468
The translation of the manga is so dry and clunky that a lot of the pun-heavy chapters are boring to sit through.
>>
>>147267468
Hasn't it long ended?
>>
>>147267391
>>147267466
I liked that this happened because of a random comment Sawai made at a Jump New year's party and Takahashi was like "Sure I'll draw it"
>>
>>147266559

>>"I'd love to fill out this entry form, but, ITS IN JAPANESE"

I remember bursting my shit when I first watched this.
>>
>>147269636
It's a parody of shounen, it's not meant to go anywhere or be serious. Everything is a parody on shounen formula.
>>
>>147261922
>that beach episode
>"I WANT TO BUILD A SAND CASTLE"
>Bo walks by in weeb armor, "I WILL GUARD IT WITH MY LIFE"

still one of my favorite jokes, even translated
>>
>>147269035
Bobobo World is such a ride every time.
>>
>>147261922
10/10 opening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx-9zJ3UpvQ
>>
>>147271729
Still in my top 5 OPs of all time
>>
>>147261922
The CN Bobobo was probably one of the funniest things I've ever watched so I don't regret it.
>>
>>147266559
>not "get those japanese characters out of my face"
>>
>>147272337
Fucking kek, I forgot about that. Props anon.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.