[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This show is such horrible melodrama, why do people like it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: toradora.jpg (223KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
toradora.jpg
223KB, 640x960px
This show is such horrible melodrama, why do people like it?
>>
babby's first drama
>>
Good question OP.
One of the most boring rides in my anime life. And i've seen too many of shitty slice of life.
>>
>>147247850
It was literally my first drama, I remember enjoying it
>>
File: 1443589774384.webm (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1443589774384.webm
1MB, 800x450px
>>147247812
Greatest love story ever told.
>>
>>147247812
Minori was shit
>>
>>147248080
>butthurt Taigafag strikes preemptively out of his inferiority complex
>>
>>147247812
It's cute and fun. I don't think anyone watches it for serious drama.
>>
>>147249845
so it's shit basically
>>
>>147250022
yes
>>
File: 23.jpg (86KB, 1433x805px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
86KB, 1433x805px
Good romance/drama/slice of life for beginners. Introduces tsundere archetype and other cliche details. The comedy and easy plot is attractive to audiences who are into shonen shit.
>>
>>147247812
otaku pandering trash of the worst kind
>>
>>147250440
However, if you have more experience it's nothing special and can be forgettable. I honestly can't even remember why I enjoyed it. I think I stuck with it because of the characters instead of the plot/writing.
>>
>>147250478
>he typed, on the anime & manga board, feeling incredibly superior and euphoric in this moment
>>
Might have been good if anyone but Taiga won.
>>
>>147250635
It is literally named Tiger x Dragon
>>
>>147250710
I know that. She's still worst girl though.
>>
>>147250496
>I think I stuck with it because of the characters instead of the plot/writing.
Okay? There's nothing that says plot is more important than characters or even visuals.
>>
File: 1471841226062.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471841226062.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>147250440
>attractive to audiences who are into shonen shit
This is a pretty good and accurate point.

Also, Toradora is hardly even a SoL. Calling it one makes the genre look bad.
>>
>>147250496
>I think I stuck with it because of the characters instead of the plot/writing.
>this is a bad thing, especially in a romcom
>>
>>147250496
>However, if you have more experience it's nothing special and can be forgettable.
Anon, I spent pretty much my entire adolescence reading romance and drama manga, everything from Ranma and Love Hina to Mars and Kare Kano, plus so much forgettable garbage. Toradora is still up there.
>>
2009 was a simpler time, anon.

Ami was best girl.
>>
>>147247812
keep crying and making this thread please
>>
>>147248080
Plz don't be mean, I like her a lot!
>>
File: Toradora-smile-taiga.png (158KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
Toradora-smile-taiga.png
158KB, 500x283px
I watched it expecting it being a slice of life comedy with zero drama/romance plot development and it blew me away.
>>
File: taiga tips.png (216KB, 506x538px) Image search: [Google]
taiga tips.png
216KB, 506x538px
I don't understand why people on /a/ take anime so seriously.
>>
It is the greatest love story ever told. Full stop.
>>
Because other people don't think it's such horrible melodrama.
Or maybe they think it's horrible melodrama but something else prevents that from being a problem for them.
>>
>>147250022
Yes, anything cute and fun is terrible because it isn't manly or intellectual enough for well-adjusted adults like myself.
>>
File: category-toradora-79863.png (158KB, 1023x1023px) Image search: [Google]
category-toradora-79863.png
158KB, 1023x1023px
>>147250496

>Not remembering how the whole Minori and Ryuuji ship was represented by ghosts and scary stuff.
>Not getting feels when Taiga starts to open up more with Ryuuji
>The whole eloping episode
>The ending

What went wrong with the plot? Unless you're talking about the 'rushed' ending which is better written in the novel.
>>
>>147247812
Consider that anime is animation. Animation traditionally exaggerates its subjects to make them come across more clearly. Toradora applies this principle to its plot, themes and characters. The themes are the alienation of youth, family struggles and romance among other things. Most young men can relate to these, so thats why ,when they see them portrayed so intensely by Toradora, guys will experience a catharsis of sorts. They then associate the pleasant and lingering feeling of emotional release with the show, so they develop a fondness for it and its characters. Toradora is far from the only Mongolian cartoon that does this, but it does it particularly well and effectively. It's therefore appealing to a wider demographic,also it doesn't require you to know anything about annie mays to enjoy it. Also Taiga was best girl and best girl won.

tl;dr: People like overblown melodrama that's accessible and relatable
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.