[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doesn't the asuka vs Rei debate miss the point? I mean Rei

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

File: rei-vs-asuka.jpg (85KB, 770x511px) Image search: [Google]
rei-vs-asuka.jpg
85KB, 770x511px
Doesn't the asuka vs Rei debate miss the point? I mean Rei is written as a literal doll and asuka is mentally fucked up, aren't they supposed to show that you shouldn't be after this type of woman?
>>
File: evangelion-asuka-04.jpg (234KB, 449x700px) Image search: [Google]
evangelion-asuka-04.jpg
234KB, 449x700px
>>147232621
They meant to contrast the Japanese ideal woman to the Japanese perception of the rest of the world's ideal woman.
>>
>>147232621

>you must agree entirely with how the author wants you to perceive his work

If you don't view Sonichu as a family friendly work and see their beloved mayor as a hero, you are wrong.
>>
>>147232621
>Try to make fucked up characters in a ploy to piss off otaku
>It backfires and just sets a new standard of character archetypes for otaku to fawn over
How embarassing. At least Anno succeeded in pissing people off with the ending.
>>
File: whip it good.jpg (48KB, 551x566px) Image search: [Google]
whip it good.jpg
48KB, 551x566px
>>147232621
Actually, Rei is a shitty toilet without a personality.

Asuka is the greatest anime character ever created.
>>
Well, if you count the fact that people have been doing this with way older stories (Romeo and Juliet was supposed to be about the futility of youth love, not a love story), I guess there's no point trying to bring anyone to their senses with Rei and Asuka.
>>
>>147233602

How exactly have they lost touch with their senses?

Again, the audience is not obligated to agree with the author on anything that happens in his work. I point out the flaw with that line of reasoning here: >>147232883

On the contrary, it's the author's obligation to manipulate the audience's emotions to match what he wants them to feel about a particular scene or aspect of the story. When the author fails too often and/or in too big of a way in this regard, you usually wind up with a work that the audience can't bring themselves to get invested in (at least not for reasons that would make the author happy), AKA a bad work.
>>
>>147233535
>Asuka is the greatest anime character ever created
There are too many girls here in germany (and around the world) like her, except they get even bitchier and shittier as time goes on.

Girls like Rei are rare nowadays and don't fuck every guy behind your back and only use you which is why they are so great, which is why Rei is greater than Asuka.
>>
File: Rei a shit.png (150KB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
Rei a shit.png
150KB, 360x274px
>>147232621
Only cucks like Rei though.
>>
File: 1361125814830.png (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1361125814830.png
45KB, 300x300px
>>147234910
>Reifag is LITERALLY a cuck
>>
>>147234975
No, I just have to look at other people's relationships to realize it's this way.
>>
>>147233535
>without a personality
Wow, it's almost as if you didn't even watch the show.
>>
>>147234910
I always preferred asuka, but damn, that rei picture is so fucking adorable
>>
>>147235127
Too bad Rei is really out of character.
>>
>>147235596
Reilly

You had an opportunity you shitcunt
>>
>>147232621
Rei is a typical imagination of how a perfect girl should be like, cute, quiet and obedient(mostly), while Asuka acts like a girl who is on her period
so no matter what you prefer, you would have either
plus the benefit of 2d, don't forget that

it's no surprise that these two specifically have huge amount of fans
>>
I like in the catalogue there's a thread with Asuka whipping Rei and a thread with Rei smacking Asuka.
>>
File: anim97.gif (393KB, 544x384px) Image search: [Google]
anim97.gif
393KB, 544x384px
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.