[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ufotable is good at adapting source material because they actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

File: referencing sidequests.jpg (100KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
referencing sidequests.jpg
100KB, 1920x1080px
Ufotable is good at adapting source material because they actually pay attention to the source and respect it.
Most other studios just keep making changes they think are better, upsetting older fans while new ones see how shit their ideas usually are.
Are there any other studios that do game/novel adaptations as well as this one?
>>
>>147168553
>Ufotable is good at adapting source material because they actually pay attention to the source and respect it.

Nasu
>F/SN UBW is it's own thing and just like the VN it has no relation with F/Z
Miura
>I want UBW to be a continuation of Fate Zero
>>
>>147168761
Not OP, but I didn't see much that supports your claim and even then it wouldn't be that terrible
>>
>>147168761
It sucks all the F/Z secondaries came in expecting more adult characters looking emotionless and murdering without batting an eye, but I'm happy with what we god.
>>
File: 1361416644533.jpg (372KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1361416644533.jpg
372KB, 1280x960px
>Ufotable respects the source material

My fucking sides.
>>
File: 1467573961953.webm (587KB, 642x362px) Image search: [Google]
1467573961953.webm
587KB, 642x362px
>>147168887
I don't really care, it's not like Fate really needs to be a perfect adaptation because it's already fucking popular. We've seen the 2006 anime being mediocre(though I think it improved the awful Fate route in some instances), people still loved it and all that did was catapult Fate into one of the biggest otaku cashgrabs.

Zero secondaries are not the audience Type Moon has, they don't bring money(Zero has no merch) or anything to the table really.

And it's impossible to get a perfect adaptation of the VN, it's just way too fucking long and it focuses on monologues and stuff that just doesn't transmit to anime well. I blame Miura because he definetely could've made the anime much more enjoyable but It's not like I think he's the devil.

Still, just replying to OP about Ufotable having respect for the source material.
>>
>>147168553
wew
>>
>>147169410
The best episode in the series?
>>
By the way why the fuck is Rose still attacking Alisha?
Is she fucking retarded?
In the games she already learned it was Bartlow fucking with her.
>>
Zestiria anime has already made a ton of changes, though.

Ironically that also happens to be the only reason it's turned out as well as it has. The game was such a shit show no matter what Ufotable changed it would still end up better.
>>
>>147169611
Alisha kicked her ass all the times she attacked her.

>>147169659
I think it follows the manga
>>
>>147169719
Still, they're an assassin troupe. They get ordered to kill someone, and will follow through if it's justified. Bartlow wants Alisha dead, and Rose turns on Bartlow who only survives because Alisha and Sorey ask her to spare him.

I guess they're making it look like Rose is doing this on her own, but having her just murder without investigating makes her entire thing about being a pure hearted assassin look more stupid.
>>
>>147169349
>Miura because he definetely could've made the anime much more enjoyable but It's not like I think he's the devil.

What did he do wrong?
>>
>>147168820
UBW doesn't work as a 'continuation' of Zero as it's a twist on the Fate route
>>
File: God Eater.jpg (54KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
God Eater.jpg
54KB, 640x360px
>>147168553
Are you actually implying this was anything better than decent? It might've been better if they waited until at least last fall to air this. They only adapted about half of burst and a third of Resurrection which wasn't out at the time of airing.
>>
>>147168553
>Ufotable is good at adapting source material because they actually pay attention to the source and respect it.
Are you some /v/tard who only watches Tales and TM shit from them? Some of their best works are unfaithful adaptations.
>>
>>147168553
>pay attention to the source and respect it

>loli Rin defeats a Master and saves kids who were killed in the novel
>Kiritsugu vs Kirei in the batcave instead of a burning parking lot
>Sakura looking down at Kariya derisively instead of up at him helplessly when he dies
>>
Is Tales of Whichever This One Is worth watching or is it just fanservice for those that have played the game?
>>
>>147168920
Technically they did respect the source material, except it was terrible, so then they made a better version and everyone forgot about the faithful one.
>>
>>147170232
>>147170232
>Kiritsugu vs Kirei in the batcave instead of a burning parking lot

This was a artistic choice to make the scene more memorable, but truly, were just lazy as they stole it from TDK
>>
File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>147168553
I just want fun stuff like recent Yoyo and Minori back as well as good ol claymation

>>147170145
This was on Bamco giving a shit schedule on ufotable to time it with GER release. If it wasn't for the delays and Hirao carrying everything it would have been Rewrite anime tier.
It was something that they stuck with 2D weapons to the end even with all this
>>
>>147168761
I think Nasu is just retarded and is just as bad as Kubo.
>>
File: 2b6391f658.png (91KB, 212x342px) Image search: [Google]
2b6391f658.png
91KB, 212x342px
>>147170352
does it say guuci in the katakana?
>>
File: wrwsr.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
wrwsr.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
>>147169410
>>
Reminder that we will never see Sakura no Ondo outside ufocinema
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Ql4x6wccc

Also there's still hope for Girls Work since its site is still not taken down
http://www.girlswork-animation.com/
>>
File: 6bae1be8jw1dwyoe7ul7jj.jpg (275KB, 1024x1245px) Image search: [Google]
6bae1be8jw1dwyoe7ul7jj.jpg
275KB, 1024x1245px
>>147170232
Looks like Archer had tasted all Kirei’s hidden wine.

Although it is initially surprising, if one ponders about it, he would find nothing strange. Kirei has this habit that, once he hears of a wine of extraordinary quality, he would purchase it immediately.

The study of wine is actually a deep world without any boundaries if you wish to pursue it. Wine can fill the emptiness of one’s heart through its taste. When you are feeling hollow inside, getting drunk with alcohol is not a bad idea too.

Walking in the cul-de-sac, Kirei thought about these ideas, half-seriously.
Nevertheless, hitherto, he had never tried wine even once. All he did was to increase to number of delicious wines. Kirei did not even think of serving it to his guests.

>removed kotomine shedding tears when he discovers his father's body
>cut dialogue between zouken and kotomine, talking about what happened in the previous 'grail war'
>urobuchi purposely removed the flashbacks
>removed gilgamesh revival scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNdwl0HZPGM
>>
>>147170788
>still hope for Girls Work

Fuck no there ain't.
>>
>>147170232
And yet the F/Z anime was still a metric fuckton better than the LNs were.
>>
>>147170232
Ufotable removed or changed scenes who were way more important than these
>>147170926
>anime was still a metric fuckton better than the LNs were
What makes you think so?
>>
>>147171660
>who
which*
>>
>>147169775
She attempted to murder Sorey in the game without researching first.
>>
>>147168761
You realize Nasu was the one who wrote the FZ connection in the script? He even added a scene with Waver even after telling us they weren't supposed to ever meet.

Nasu is a pathological liar.
>>
>>147169349
>(Zero has no merch)
Are you a newfag? Because they gave Zero merch as BONUS in Japan if you bought a house or apartment in real states agencies.

You should correct your wording of:

>has little waifushit aimed at fat lonely otaku merch

Then you'll be right.
>>
>>147174303
You're right, it has fujoshit aimed at fat lonely fujoshi instead.
>>
>>147169775
>pure hearted assassin look more stupid
It is stupid. And if you think Ufo will refer to her that way in the show you're equally stupid.
>>
>>147170256
Partially fanservice. Partially a rewrite.
Yes. The game was that awful.
>>
>>147174835
It's stupid to expect the studio to explain why she's not a malevolent monster?
Hell, the only reason Dezel isn't a dragon is because of how pure she is.
>>
>>147176241
>It's stupid to expect the studio to explain why she's not a malevolent monster?
I'm sure they're gonna give an explanation. One that makes sense, that is.
>>
>>147176684
It does make sense, people just don't like it. I don't like it much either because it lends entirely on the belief she has zero second thoughts about how right she believes herself to be.
>>
>>147176933
Saying she doesn't become a hellion because she's "pure" doesn't explain anything.

But it's okay. Ufo will find a way to explain things in way that makes sense.
>>
>>147176933
>>147177085
They don't really need to say anything. This episode itself explains kegare as a by product of emotional pain and hatred. If Rose keeps herself together, there's no reason she would produce kegare even if she's an assassin.
>>
File: dsgdfgh.png (177KB, 268x277px) Image search: [Google]
dsgdfgh.png
177KB, 268x277px
>>147177085
>Saying she doesn't become a hellion because she's "pure" doesn't explain anything.
They explain it at least twice. Once in a skit.
Hell, even one of the villains isn't a hellion specifically because they believe they're doing the right thing.
Malevolence is born if your feelings. If you know you're feeling something awful but nurture that 'evil' feeling for any reason, you become a monster. If your consciousness dictates you're doing something terrible, you're a monster and will look like one.

The world isn't black and white and all morality comes from people, (hence why all Seraphs are saying malevolence is humanity's fault). Malevolence isn't "the darkness evil force" or some shit, it's born of emotions.

Rose doesn't believe she's doing anything evil, she feels all her actions are just and good and therefore she emits zero malevolence because she believes that completely.

You didn't play the game, don't parrot opinions if you're not going to make an effort to understand. People hate Rose because she represents what's wrong with the idea of malevolence, it's a stupid idea.
>>147177221
>They don't really need to say anything.
Obviously they do because so many people have played the game and watch the anime and still don't understand that. It's fucking Fate/Stay Night all over again.
>>
>>147178062
>Rose doesn't believe she's doing anything evil, she feels all her actions are just and good and therefore she emits zero malevolence because she believes that completely.
Anon, I never said they weren't gonna provide an explanation. All I said is that Ufo isn't gonna call Rose as pure. Because being convinced that your actions are just and good doesn't make you pure, it makes you self-righteous.
>>
>>147178340
>Because being convinced that your actions are just and good doesn't make you pure, it makes you self-righteous.
Pure: straightforward; unaffected.
Stop thinking 'pure waifu' is the only use of the word pure and start using your head or the dictionary.
She's pure in the sense she doesn't have anything to dilute her thoughts or filter her mindset.
>>
>>147178391
>Pure: straightforward; unaffected.
That word has a lot more connotations that this. I see no reason why Ufo would want to use it when it's no necessary.

I also don't see why you're so adamant on that specific word being used, considering you yourself admitted it might lead to confusion for the viewers.
>>
>>147178391
>She's pure in the sense she doesn't have anything to dilute her thoughts or filter her mindset.
She's just self-righteous. That's all.
>>
>>147168553
Miura's UBW

fucked up answer, both in the main story and post-epilogue

RIP UBW forever. Two adaptations fucked up. Even DEEN's answer was better.
>>
>>147168553
>because they actually pay attention to the source and respect it
Yeah, let's fucking skip all that Rin development, and all that Shirou making up his mind during answer, let's just see stuff from outside and don't give a shit about the characters and just focus on the Holy Grail stuff.
>>
Wait, but the worst parts of FZ and UBW are the shit they added or changed in the adaption. The more major the change or addition, the more it sucked. Shit like the circle walking scene, or Caster's new backstory.

Their only selling point as a studio is that they usually put out decent quality and can nail some hype scenes, but they also ruined multiple hype scenes in FZ and UBW.
>>
>>147174240
Miura was the one that requested every change in UBW.

He even said that he finished ep20 and it was just like in the VN, but he, as the special snowflake he is, said to Nasu that he wanted something different. The only good change, and that was entirely Nasu, was the battle Rin vs Illya he wanted to add for ep3.

There is a reason for why Miura isn't the director in Heaven's Feel, because someone important didn't like what he did. Hell, even the very same Miura was convinced he was the director of the Heaven's Feel movie(s) when he came to America for Anime Expo.

And what>>147168761 said. Miura couldn't have been more disconnected from the true purpose of this adaptation.
>>
>>147178710
Changing Kirei vs Kiritsugu to the batcave doesn't matter because the fight was the same.

But Shirou vs Gilgamesh never had the pressure Shirou was putting on Gil with every attack. It felt like Gil could've overcome Shirou with every attack and for that people say Gil losing to Shirou is bullshit. That battle for Shirou was do or die, and he knew that he couldn't let Gil take advantage because even with more swords, Gil is Gil.

That Shirou flying in ufo UBW was retarded, and Gil missing all those shots while Shirou was falling was retarded too. All those little details make the fight not believable and enter the bullshit territory.
>>
>>147178698
What are you even talking about? the biggest thing that zero secondaries shit in UBW is that doesnt focus that much in the grail war.

>>147178710
>Caster's new backstory.
Caster have almost no backstory anyway.

I get that people get mad with the changes but all the added content was ok

>>147178857
Wasnt the epilogue a nasu thing? he was the one writing all the changes and the added content anyway, miura isnt the best director but if nasu didnt like it something he could have talked about it anyway
>>
I will never not be angry about what they did to UBW.
The Fate fanbase is cancerous enough as it is, even more ignorant secondaries is not what we needed, and UBW gave them just enough to run with.
>>
>>147179077
>the fight was the same
No, it was completely different. It was shit compared to the duel that was presented in the LN.

Honestly, the Shirou v. Gil from The Other UBW was better than ufotable's because of how much janky ass shit got in the way.

>>147179163
The entire point of Caster's interlude was the explain her tragic devotion to Mister Lister the Saber Fister. Ufotable shifted the focus to the old Master in somehow a less elegant way than the VN, which simply stated that she flipped out when he called her a witch. It was a terrible revision which completely changed the tone of the interlude.
>>
>>147179338
>No, it was completely different. It was shit compared to the duel that was presented in the LN.

Ln fight was shit too anon, uro cant into fights everyone knows that.
>>
>>147169349
The fate route was good you pleb
>>
>>147179481
>uro cant into fights
Yet that fight and things like ganbanging Gilles, Saber chase after Rider or clasterfuck at the beginning of Zero were better than most fights in the VN. Just sayin.
>>
>>147170014
I don't understand this line of reasoning at all. F/Z pretends to portray the events of the last grail war, and as far as I can remember it doesn't contradict anything in the common premise of the various routes in F/SN. Therefore UBW is as much of a continuation as the other routes. They're what if scenarios starting from the same point.
>>
>>147168553
White Fox is better than Ufotable, newfag.

Ufotable faggots conveniently forget about shit like Gyo huh?
>>
>>147168553
Ufotable has never produced anything better than Katanagatari
>>
>>147181119
>forget about shit like Gyo
I did and I really wish you hadn't reminded me.
>>
>>147181146
Most studios haven't.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.