[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"I was killed once before-- by a woman." What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: 13464999532.gif (921KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
13464999532.gif
921KB, 500x375px
"I was killed once before-- by a woman."

What did he mean by this?
>>
That he was killed once before, by a women.

What, can't you read you retard?
>>
>>147108520
>(you)
>>
>>147108520
>by a women
>womEn
>can't you read

Fucking mongoloids, I swear.
>>
Julia cucked him and slept with Vicious
>but it was to save him
Fuck that noise, she was a total slut and they all deserved to die
>inb4 edgy
>>
>>147109232
>Julia cucked him and slept with Vicious

Wait, so she was with Spike first, then with Vicious? I thought it was the other way around.

Hell, that whole love triangle was a confusing mess. Still can't make sense of it.
>>
File: 1473421257227.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473421257227.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>147108459
Julia slayed him with her pussy
>>
wtf I hate Julia now
>>
That they all think he'a dead and he partially blames Julia for what happened

Maybe not her directly, but her arrival into his life
>>
>>147110588
Julia was with Vicious. The she met Spike, and they planned to run away together after Spike faked his death. But Vicious found out and prevented Julia from going.
>>
>>147108459
He was cucked and turned mgtow
>>
>>147110874

He wised up and took the red pill.
>>
File: spike.jpg (542KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
spike.jpg
542KB, 3840x2160px
Bebop talks alot thematically about lives, past and belonging. see spike and Jets stories in 26.

Spike means he died in the sense his past and old belonging in the world was killed when he lost julia, whom pinned him to the 'real world'.

His time in the bebop was the dream which took place after his metaphorical death. This 'death' is what spike must return to, and ultimately what leads to his physical death
>>
>>147108459

He's been whipped by a whore. The whole Julia plot is dumb and the ending where she stands up in the middle of a gunfight is one of the worst plot excuses out there.
>>
>>147108459
He was betrayed or let down.
A friend of mine once told me that in every man's lifes a woman will appear to fuck his life up sooner or later.
It's necessary for one to man up actually.
>>
>>147115804

>It's necessary for one to man up actually.
Which is exactly why Julia ruined Spike's character. Any time someone even mentions Julia, he suddenly turns into a passive loser. He doesn't man up, he just falls apart.
>>
The way i see it is, spike cucked vicious, and faked his death.
But when spike was about to run away with Julia she got cold feet and ran away.
So in the end both vicious and spike got fucked over.

They forgot the golden rule, bro's before ho's.
And it cost them a friendship and their lives.
>>
>>147108459
He felt "alive" - he enjoyed life - when he was with Julia. Once he thought she betrayed him, he fell in a state of deep apathy.
>>
Spike's obsession with Julia is about as good a romance as romeo and juliet. He almost died, she nursed him and sang him a song. Big fucking deal. If the story had taken place, say 15 years, from when he faked his death, he probably would have matured and gotten over Julia and the story would have been much better. Faye deserved better than this shit.
>>
>>147115907
She didn't ruin him.
She's necessary, he'd be a fucking Gary Stu otherwise.
>>
>>147116527

Without the 5 Julia focused episodes, Spike would just be a bounty hunter with a care free Han Solo type character. But the moment Julia is mentioned, he literally falls apart into total apathy. No longer caring about any of his friends or even his own life.

They were trying to come up with a deep 'noir' style backstory for Spike. But instead, it just gave him a split personality. One half of his personality being interesting and fun, the other half being a loser you don't care about.
>>
>>147116653
Because the hamartia of the typical Noir hero is their attachment to a Femme Fatale.

His cool persona is just a facade, he hides his apathy.
>>
>>147116502
>shit-talking the Bard
Why did you waste my time by writing this instead of just saying "I am a contrarian faggot"?
>>
Caspere knew this
>>
>>147116502

You retarded

Obviously there was more to the relationship than what we're shown, but it happened in the past and the viewer doesn't get all the details. You don't need to feel what Spike felt for Julia for the narrative, you just need to understand that he feels that way
>>
I've honestly never seen Bebop discussed like this despite there only being 25 posts

Why don't we ever talk about this?
>>
>>147119951

Fans don't want to hear criticism for the show.
>>
>>147110845
Okay, so Vicious was the one who was cucked? Well that explains a lot, especially his attitude.
>>
>>147118744
Never lost my keys, never even had a fucking keychain.
>>
>>147120225

He's making shit up. Vicious 'took' Julia, as well as a number of other people in the Triad. It is implied that Julia went along with it to protect Spike.

Spike left the Triad and went on the run, because you can't leave the triad (only way to leave a gang is death, etc). But Spike couldn't get over Julia. And whenever he heard a rumor that she was alive, he followed it, no longer caring about the triad hunting him.
>>
>>147119951

Because the show is old, has been widely discussed already, and can be enjoyed on the shallowest level just fine
>>
The show is good but the ending is kinda retarded because it was meant to be that way, the director didn't want to turn into another Shonen Jump shit with 32905832095809325 episodes, so he decided to flip the switch and kill the character with a half assed excuse.

Maybe one day he will realize his mistake and retcon his death
>>
>>147113562
I really like the theme of letting go of your past.

Spike was the only one who never really accepted his past, and he died for it.
>>
File: 1402568546491.jpg (34KB, 627x352px) Image search: [Google]
1402568546491.jpg
34KB, 627x352px
>>147120113
The show gets criticized all the time from bit-chomping elitists who are desperate to shit on anything popularly seen as good, it happens all the damn time. But I also can't say I hate it because when one of them actually has a decent point and isn't just a shitposting contrarian faggot it usually leads to pretty substantial discussion. Outside of that I'm perfectly content to enjoy the show whenever I please because I like it regardless of what complete strangers on the internet say.
>>
>>147120385
Champloo's ending is better because you actually know what the characters are going to do afterwards. That's one thing Watanabe learned.
>>
>>147120383
Evangelion would fit that description aside from the last part
Is that why Eva is still discussed or is it mostly because of waifufags?
>>
>>147120427

I think Cowboy Bebop gets criticized moreso because of people claiming its the best show ever made and 'why can't more anime be like Cowboy Bebop'? I like the show, but even I get tired of its ignorant fanbase who seems to have only watched anime of Adult Swim.
>>
>>147120557
Evangelion still has new merchandise pushed out and people are still waiting on the final movie.

Cowboy Bebop doesn't
>>
>>147108459
His love affair with Julia resulted in his "death" where he left the triad and began a new life bounty hunting.
>>
>>147120225
>Well that explains a lot, especially his attitude.

Vicious was always an asshole though. Even before he got cucked or joined the Red Dragon, when he was in the military, he was working as a double agent and framed one of his comrades in his unit to get out of dodge.
>>
File: 29572091734.png (681KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
29572091734.png
681KB, 960x720px
>love bebop
>dislike champloo
>think space dandy is okay
Is there something off about me or is the norm for the rest of you?
>>
>>147121278
They are three very different shows.

I love all three.
>>
>>147121278

That's about how I feel. Just because you like one thing from a producer, you don't have to like all his work.
>>
>>147121278
dont dislike champloo, but never had the itch to rewatch it like i had with cowboy bebop and space dandy.
>>
File: 1406502777777.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1406502777777.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>147120743
Whether you like it or not that applies to the vast majority of people who've watched anime, it's not like the panda browsing anime torrenting cool kids like us are the norm all things considered, so you should've learned to expect a reasonable degree of all that mess by now. And don't forget a nice little chunk of falseflaggers going out of their way to make certain fanbases look worse, with autistic morons like that running about the board it almost makes me want to watch anime with casuals just to see if any of them are more pleasant company.
In any case I can honestly say Bebop is hardly the best written anime I've ever seen but it's certainly one of the best directed, the fucking church scene gives me the chills every time. Watanabe is really one of a kind in his field.
>>
>>147120483
>you actually know what the characters are going to do afterwards

You sure about that? They all had major parts of their personal backgrounds wrapped up by the end.
>>
>>147120557

The latter part is a big part of it

Most people who finish Eva for the first time come out of it going WHAT THE FUUUUUCK and want to analyze/discuss it. Most people come out of Cowboy Bebop going DID SPACE BRUCE LEE REALLY DIE? THAT'S SAD. And don't really see much to discuss outside of how cool Spike is and how hot Faye is, which is fine.
>>
>>147108459
Champloo>Dandy>Bebop>>>Apollon>>>>Shit>>>>Terror
>>
>>147123522
Nobody wants to talk about what happened to Jet or Faye after Spike left?
>>
>>147125799
Jet keeps on bountyhunting for a while, then he hooks up with that chi girl when she is legal.
Faye dies at the horsetracks.
Edd makes first contact with aliens.
Ein gets eaten by some chinese guy.
>>
>>147126423

>Faye dies

DELET
>>
>>147126423
>implying ed is not the alien
>>
>>147120225
Spike was the one who betray a good friend.

Vicious is justified when he say Julia is a bitch. That just one of the things what make him awesome.
>>
>>147118782
>but it happened in the past and the viewer doesn't get all the details

Yes. Actually we got details with the ending, and... that's all.
>>
>>147120427
>has a decent point
>leads to pretty substantial discussion
literally never
>>
>>147120483
You should stop living in the world inside your head.
>>
File: consider the following.png (458KB, 902x720px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.png
458KB, 902x720px
>>147128614
That's kinda what I'm talking about right there, posts like that rarely lead to anything worth talking about, at best we might call eachother faggots and call it a night and I don't know about you but I hardly consider that a conversation.
>>
>>147127595
except it is not
>>
>>147127595
>Vicious asspained about being betrayed

Did he forget about Gren?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.