[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the worst ending in anime history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 15

File: gu8a53sdk12.jpg (297KB, 955x720px) Image search: [Google]
gu8a53sdk12.jpg
297KB, 955x720px
Is this the worst ending in anime history?
>>
No.
>>
>>147020013
NOT CANON
>>
>>147020064
/thread
>>
Yes.
>>
>>147020013
Watch more than 5 anime newfag
>>
You should probably start this thread with an ending that's actually bad.
>>
File: 230.jpg (283KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
230.jpg
283KB, 1024x1536px
How is it bad? Goku passes the torch as it's been built up since the Cell arc.

Are you one of those "durr goku abandons his family" retards? He knows Instant Transmission dude.

It's not a good ending, GT's was much better despite the series' many faults, but it's not bad and certainly not the worst.
>>
I guess op has never seen any anime other than dragonball
>>
>>147020304
Hell yeah
>>
File: 1446328018326.jpg (89KB, 1101x619px) Image search: [Google]
1446328018326.jpg
89KB, 1101x619px
>>147020304
>GT's was better

At least the end of Z was a passing of the torch, the end of GT was more like 'oh hey remember how I didn't want to be wished back after Cell was defeated because I attract bad guys? We're rehashing that. Bye everyone!'
>BUT WAIT!
'haha it's the future now and our genes skipped a few generations GOKU VS VEGETA OMG!'
>>
File: tumblr_n1qzd0v0ql1t0pgjqo1_500.gif (372KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1qzd0v0ql1t0pgjqo1_500.gif
372KB, 500x375px
There won't be an ending and Ash is doomed to wander across the world losing every single league.
>>
>>147020304
Its the fact that it should have been one of his kids.

The entire series he's prepping his kids up to take up the torch as the defender of Earth. Then out of NOWHERE this lil nigga Buu gets reincarnated as a literal who and Goku sees himself in him, then leaves his family to train him.

This happens so suddenly and out of no where, you can only really say one thing.

What the fuck.
>>
>>147021078
GT's was great, Goku saying goodbye to all his friends, especially the scene with him saying goodbye to Krillin, who Toriyama forgets is supposed to be his best friend. He even gets a statue at the World Martial Arts Tournament recognizing him finally.
GT may have been shit as a whole, but the ending was as perfect as it'll ever get for Dragonball. Unless Super manages to top it which I doubt.
>>
>>147021188
I like to think that he's seens as such a toxic player that they ban him from every city he visits, so he has to keep going or risking going to jail if he goes back. All his badges and merits are ignored because no one likes him.
>>
Chun2byu
>>
>>147021220

>Super ending
>Goku wishes to Omniking or the Omnidragon or some other asspull that he never met the gods and everything can go back to the way things were
>GT timeline is saved to the rage of everyone, and everything in Super is undone

Calling it now.
>>
>>147021208
I would have been ok with it if the kid was pink, but that poo-in-loo kid becoming the next Goku was too much to bear.
>>
>>147020013
Not as long as E7 Ao exists.
>>
>>147020304
>How is it bad? Goku passes the torch as it's been built up since the Cell arc.
It's completely anti-climatic and ends with a focus on a new character no-one cares about.
>>
>>147021444
>he's seens as such a toxic player
What the fuck does this mean?
>>
>>147021444
what
>>
>>147020304
>How is it bad?
>spend the entire show on Gohan's development
>suddenly decide fuck Gohan
>fuck Goten, Vegeta, and Trunks too
>the future is pooinloo
it was beyond awful
>>
dumb /pol/tards
>>
>>147021444
Why do you hate him?
Also he always go back to Kanto and sometimes to other region cities so they obviously don't ban him or whatever you said.
>>
>>147022261
/thread
>>
>>147022261
?
>>
>>147022261
>everyone who thinks differently than me is /pol/

Could you be more of a whiny bitch?
>>
>>147022211

Gohan's development should have been an expose on how halfbreeds are stronger than Saiyans, not that he's at all capable in following in Goku's footsteps. I'm fine with him being a scholar since that's what he wants to do, and he never wanted to fight in the first place.

Nobody can follow Goku, though. That's the whole point of his character. Gohan's a nerd and always has been, and he's afraid to fight. Goten will never surpass Trunks, and neither of them do anything ever except job harder than Vegeta ever could.

The only ones left are Pan, Bra, and Marron, but they all have vaginas, so Toriyama isn't going to ever do anything interesting with them, so they're all out.

The only person who could follow in Goku's footsteps is a new character whose sole purpose is to be the person Goku passes the torch to. Which is shitty storytelling and exactly what we've come to expect from Toriyama.
>>
File: 129085738.jpg (294KB, 956x720px) Image search: [Google]
129085738.jpg
294KB, 956x720px
>>147022261
>>
File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (116KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.jpg
116KB, 853x480px
Evangelion. What a fucking mess, it went completely out of the rails. I laughed my ass off and just couldn't care about any of it at all anymore.
>>
File: evangelion episode 26 ending.jpg (105KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
evangelion episode 26 ending.jpg
105KB, 640x480px
>>147020013

I always found the last episode of NGE to be a bit jarring until they fixed it with the movies.
>>
>>147022769
I would argue that's different as they clearly ran out of budget with EVA. DBZ ended up the way it did intentionally, and while not the worst imo, it is definitely a prominent example of shit conclusions in major anime.
>>
>>147022549
You're retarded.
>>
>>147022863
>DBZ ended up the way it did intentionally,
DBZ would have ended 5 times before this point if Toriyama was ever allowed to do what he wanted.
>>
>>147020013
Still better than DBSuper plot
>>
>>147023346
no-one is forcing him to keep making money
>>
>>147023459
Toriyama had more money than he could ever spend by the Saiyan arc.The manga obviously only ran so much because they forced him.
>>
>>147023346
>he actually believes that garbage
>>
>>147023545
>Toriyama: I hadn’t thought it up at all. I figured it would probably end in about a year, and I had only really prepared storyboards for three chapters.

>Bulma was Tripitaka, Oolong was Zhu Bajie, and Yamcha was Sha Wujing. I initially thought that I’d end it after they finished collecting the Dragon Balls.

>Once the series had gained such popularity, it was only natural that it continue. In the Q&A corner for Tankōbon Vol. 5, a reader noted that Dr. Slump ran for 18 volumes, and asked how long Dragon Ball would run. Toriyama’s hesitant response was “Uhh… Well, I think it will probably go on for about 10 volumes”.

>This is changing the subject, but the thing I felt was the biggest crisis for serialization was when he told me that Goku would grow up. Toriyama-sensei threatened that if Goku didn’t grow up, then he couldn’t continue with serialization. (laughs) It was terrible, breaching the subject like that. “You can have the protagonist grow up, just don’t scare me like that,” I said.

>I worked on the series for almost 10 years. When I reached about the third year, I was really pushing my limit, but the original editors of “Weekly Shōnen Jump” in Japan made me continue the story.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/
>>
>>147021188
It would be amazing if next season will be about Ash acquiring a taste for losing.

>"What the hell are you doing Ash, use you [something that gives him advantage]"
>"B-but then I'll win!"
>>
>>147023694
Hell, wasn't DBZ suppose to end when Goku killed Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga?
>>
>>147023176
Nice rebuttal, double nigger.
>>
>>147023845
It's not clear, Toriyama has never said it directly. But there's a message saying that the series would continue only "a little bit" longer at the end of the 23rd Budokai, which implies, that, yes, he originally likely didn't intend the Namek stuff. Maybe Namek and the Namek DBs would be just used for an epilogue to get a happy ending after so many people die against the Saiyans.
>>
Honestly, Goku killing Frieza and dying on Namak would have been the perfect ending.
>>
>>147024296
With Vegeta alive to terrorize the Earth and the rest of the universe?
>>
>>147024296
>Goku dying
>best ending
no
>>
https://discord.gg/PdxgN
^^^
>>
>>147022075
Not him, but it's a meme from LoL describing people who make you feel bad in video games.
>>
I was satisfied with this ending.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>147024296

No.

The best ending would have been Mystic Gohan killing Buu with ghost Goku's help kinda like an extended version of them killing Cell.

Uub's sheer existence pisses me off. The series ends with Goku running off to train some random little Indian kid that literally just appeared? Fuck that shit.
>>
>>147020013
>>147020153
Fuck you. The Dragon Ball (Z) ending was perfect.

> This is as far as I can show you. The characters will certainly have many adventures in the coming years. But don't worry, they'll always have the power of the Dragon Balls!
>>
>>147024937
Gohan fucked up. Ultimate Gohan's existence is just saying "oh, it doesn't matter that he fucked up, here: let's give him another free shot!"

It's cheap, it's stupid. I'm glad he fucked up YET AGAIN. The Boo arc ended correctly, with Goku killing Boo with the Spirit Bomb. Wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
>>147024937
dumb gohantards
>>
File: 1408209847030.gif (2MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1408209847030.gif
2MB, 245x245px
>>147020013

No, I didn't like it. I really hope it's retconned with DBS ending or maybe perhaps the potential next series after DBS???

I don't like Uub, primarily because his existence was very short and the Uub of GT was a jobber even in his fucking second form as Majuub.
>>
>>147020013

Can't happen. Primarily because it would contradict Toriyama's version of hell. Freeza was trapped in a cacoon as mecha freeza at the bottom of hell. In DBZ filler and GT he's not in that situation since the Hell in the filler was made by Toei and not Toriyama.

Plus on top of that, Pilaf and his gang were already kids before the ending of Buu saga. If they never met the gods, the gods would have still been there.
>>
>>147023694
>ending the series with Yamcha being happy

Can't have that now, can we?
>>
>>147025237

aka fans who prefer quality story progression and character development instead of Goku being the hero every time.

Gohan getting absorbed by Buu because he dropped an earring is a fucking stupid way to end all of that buildup of his unlocked potential

The best way for Z to end would have been for Gohan to take over as the final hero because, literally since the beginning of the series, he was being hinted as having more potential than anyone else and it looked like it was heading in that direction after Cell
>>
>>147025106
>The Boo arc ended correctly, with Goku killing Boo with the Spirit Bomb.
They really ruined it by putting that much focus on motherfucking SATAN. The sequence where Goku is gathering ki and we get short scenes showing all the side characters he met throughout his adventures raising their hands to help was nicely emotional, I don't know why they had to force that shitty comedy bit.
>>
>>147025513
>aka fans who prefer quality story progression and character development instead of Goku being the hero every time.
So you're mad that the protagonist does what a protagonist should do?

Story progression and character development can exist without Gohan being the focus.

>Gohan getting absorbed by Buu because he dropped an earring is a fucking stupid way to end all of that buildup of his unlocked potential
His potential being unlocked is bullshit to begin with, because it was supposed to have been unlocked back in the Namek arc and unlocked again in the form of his Super Saiyan 2 transformation. Him having infinite potential and having a lazy, cheap power-up in the form of "just stand there for a few hours and you'll get far stronger than your father who trained for 7 years straight in the After Life" is bullshit to begin with. Him failing to catch an earring is miniscule compared to all of the other bullshit surrounding his power-up.

>The best way for Z to end would have been for Gohan to take over as the final hero because, literally since the beginning of the series, he was being hinted as having more potential than anyone else and it looked like it was heading in that direction after Cell
You mean since the Saiyan arc. Because the series starts with Goku and I don't know if you know anon, but Gohan isn't born unitl the series reaches its half-way point.
>>
>>147025658
I liked it because the shitty comedy relief character finally redeems himself after fucking up so many times during the Cell and Boo arcs.

And there was no comedy during the Spirit Bomb scene and he even helped take Vegeta out of the way, so it's all good by me.
>>
>>147025662

Basically there's a lot of shitty writing in DBZ but bullshit powerups and potential unlocks aside, it would have been better overall if the focus shifted to Gohan after he killed Cell. The story would have been wholly better had Toriyama let Gohan inherit the spotlight from his dad.
>>
>>147026027
Gohan doesn't even like tof ight
>>
>>147026027
The point of the Boo arc was to show that Gohan is unfit for the role of the main protagonist.

I don't know why Gohanfags always miss that point.
>>
>>147026027
I think the story would have been better if the focus shifted to Goten, since he's a real Goku junior. Gohan was the hero of the hour vs Cell but he never liked to fight, with Goku gone he would have never found it in him to keep training and strive to be the strongest like Goku did.
>>
>>147022863
It might have been intentional, but that doesn't mean it wasn't an asspull. If one thing becomes clear as you watch DBZ, it's that it's literally making this shit up as it goes along.
>>
>>147020013

He took a african kid for be the next Earth Guardian.

How this is bad?
>>
>>147026564
"It wasn't Gohan!"
>>
>>147020013

Monster has the worst ending.

Nothing happens, Johan is still out there, and the entire series was a huge waste of time.
>>
File: lastpageofdbzmanga.jpg (13KB, 199x155px) Image search: [Google]
lastpageofdbzmanga.jpg
13KB, 199x155px
>>147020013
As it is, yes.

But it seems to be Toriyama had a slight idea of what would happen after that. So it has great potential for another saga.

Pic related. Clearly at Toriyama's peak, we was aware of the possibility for more villains. What can be stronger than Buu? Of course there's Beerus, Whis and all of the others gods but he didn't create them.
I think Toriyama wanted to take a different approach. From what I gathered in the last few chapters was that Vegeta doesn't fight much anymore, Goku is thirsty for fighting and Goku wanted Uub to be the next Earth Protector incase anything goes wrong.
He doesn't focus on Vegeta, Gohan, Goten or even Pan. He wanted Uub. Super completely contradicts this entire ending.
>>
>>147027381
>seems to ME*
>HE was aware*
my bad
>>
>>147021208
>The entire series he's prepping his kids up to take up the torch as the defender of Earth.

Uh no?

Yes DBZ has a major focus on Gohan until the Buu Saga, Goku only trained Gohan because he needed his power to defeat the Androids and Cell. He never had plans for him to take the torch, it just somewhat happened as the series continued to developed.
>>
>>147021078
>'oh hey remember how I didn't want to be wished back after Cell was defeated because I attract bad guys?

He said that AFTER they realized that he could not be revived since he was already revived once, as in "hey, on the bright side this might be better for earth"
>>
File: ashnime btfo.jpg (2MB, 1100x9000px) Image search: [Google]
ashnime btfo.jpg
2MB, 1100x9000px
>>147021188
The last one had a particularily satisfying shitstorm.
>>
File: Dragon Ball Z v26-243.jpg (1MB, 2037x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z v26-243.jpg
1MB, 2037x3056px
>>147027381
Super comes before the Oob tournament so it's not contradicting anything.

Here's a better scan of that.

Also the Kanzenban ending is superior.
>>
>>147027695
why do they ruin good screencaps by formatting it terribly? Shitty ass stretched out images, retarded meme faces plastered everywhere
>>
>>147027987
Thanks for the better scan. Yeah, it's about the same there. He had an idea of more trouble. Trouble can only be possible if they're stronger than Goku who was stated to be the Universe strongest warrior.

Yeah, I know Super is before the Uub tournament But it's weird how Vegeta is supposedly going to be a God of Destruction but in the DBZ Ending he has no thirst to fight like Goku.

Goku was itching to fight because he hasn't had a good challenge in awhile. We're aware of Beerus, Whis and Zeno so he shouldn't have that problem.

Of course this is all because he didn't create the idea of God of Destructions and Zeno but my initial point was that he had another idea in mind.
>>
File: image.gif (1016KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1016KB, 320x240px
>Goku sets off to train his wife's son
>>
File: 232.jpg (316KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
232.jpg
316KB, 1024x1536px
>>147028137
>But it's weird how Vegeta is supposedly going to be a God of Destruction
What are you talking about? Whis asked Vegeta to become one and Vegeta clearly refused, opting instead to cook for him.

>but in the DBZ Ending he has no thirst to fight like Goku.
In the Kanzenban ending, the very last panel is Vegeta saying "I'll still surpass you one day, Kakarotto".

>Goku was itching to fight because he hasn't had a good challenge in awhile. We're aware of Beerus, Whis and Zeno so he shouldn't have that problem.
Goku is always itching to fight, so that shouldn't be much of an issue character-wise.
>>
>>147020013
Absence of ending is always the worst ending.

Even if ending is shit.
>>
>>147028229
>What are you talking about? Whis asked Vegeta to become one and Vegeta clearly refused, opting instead to cook for him.
https://youtu.be/f8v5GjOkSn0
>In the Kanzenban ending, the very last panel is Vegeta saying "I'll still surpass you one day, Kakarotto".
That's interesting. But it seems to be more of a dream than an actual goal. In Super (which is before pic related). He's very close to Goku in terms of power, so I don't know why he's so tsundere there. Since Vegeta agreed to be a God of Destruction surely he must have had the power of destruction by then.
>Goku is always itching to fight, so that shouldn't be much of an issue character-wise.
Early Vegeta was too. It's weird how Goku cared more about Uub then Vegeta. They should have the same level of thirst. In Super they literally play rock paper and scissor to see who fights first.
>>
>>147025513
Nobody likes gohan but you.
>>
>>147028413
>https://youtu.be/f8v5GjOkSn0
I don't understand how so many people misunderstand this scene.

>Vegeta asks Whis to train him
>Whis says "Yes, but as long as you become a God of Destruction"
>Vegeta gets mad
>Whis says to Bulma "let's go"
>Vegeta tries to cook something for Whis

The implication here is clear. Whis asked him to become a God of Destruction sarcastically, knowing well enough that Vegeta was gonna refuse (confirmed by how Vegeta got mad at his answer), and Vegeta tries to convince Whis to train him by cooking him Earth food instead. If Vegeta was actually gonna become a God of Destruction, then the whole cooking part would have been unnecessary and the two would have just left Earth right there.
>>
>>147028690
I find that out of character honestly. Why would Vegeta reject something like that? He literally became a Majin to surpass Goku so I don't see why he wouldn't take the Power of Destruction.
>>
>>147028743
Because Vegeta regrets turning into Majin Vegeta, which is what his whole sacrifice scene is all about. He doesn't want to kill innocent people anymore. That's completely in-character for post-Boo Vegeta.
>>
>>147028276
False. A bad ending is worse than an unresolved ending, just look at ME3
>>
>>147020013
No actually it's great, the GT ending is for babbies that need absolute closure. It comes full circle, since Goku ended up training a kid that came from nowhere just like Roshi did to him. (Gohan never wanted to be a fighter).
>>
File: 1459479958595.jpg (12KB, 331x334px) Image search: [Google]
1459479958595.jpg
12KB, 331x334px
>>147020013
Way to misspell best. Nice work op.

Also

>Pan beating Goten in the martial arts tournament.
>>
>>147028825
ME3 is just a bad game by itself, ending is just a cherry on shitcake.

You could've went with NGE, but you chose ME? Get the fuck back to /v/
>>
>>147020013

Yes, if you've only seen 2 shows in your entire life
>>
>>147028690
>Whis asked him to become a God of Destruction sarcastically
It's kinda hard for people to get sarcasm out of that when they don't speak Japanese.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.