[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to read manga? With music or in complete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Oi.jpg (147KB, 976x450px) Image search: [Google]
Oi.jpg
147KB, 976x450px
What is the best way to read manga? With music or in complete silence? What kind of music do you listen to while reading, do you think it detracts from the experience?
>>
I always listen to mushi shis ost
>>
Music + dark room
Fantasy, dramatic stuff without lyrics
>>
>>146844430
With the physical volumes in hand in a comfy bed with some tea at your side
>>
Nothing, and whenever. I usually binge chapters and stop for a few hours
>>
It mostly depends on what kind of manga it is. If it's something fairly casual or that I'm following chapter-by-chapter I either don't listen to music or have whatever I'm currently into playing at a low volume. For more intense manga I like to try to play music that would work well with the series; I listened to a lot of Two Steps From Hell when I poured through Berserk, and Atrium Carceri makes BLAME! even more enjoyable. Anime OSTs are also good background music for a lot of manga.
>>
>>146845041
>dark
How do you read a book with no light?

I've always thought about listening to anime (and live-action) soundtracks for things that got adapted (prose included), but I'm such an intense reader that I don't even hear it.
>>
No music, never. I get too distracted otherwise.
>>
>>146845084
This is so pleasant.
>>
>>146845302
>a book
What? Are you somehow under the impression that 99% of the manga read by /a/ isn't digital? Or does your definition of "dark room" exclude a computer screen?
>>
>>146845388
I think your brain combined two posts together.
>>
>>146845388
>>146845041 said dark room and didn't mention physical. >>146845084 said physical and didn't mention a dark room.
>>
>>146845423
Yeah it did, another note, what is the ultimate comfy music?
>>
>>146845355
Right. I didn't occur to me because I get mine from a library.
>>
File: 1455403602683.gif (404KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1455403602683.gif
404KB, 342x342px
There is no best way.
Personally I always try to find a good soundtrack that fits the mood of the manga I'm reading, and it adds a lot to it for me, especially when it seems the song fits just right with the fight scene or something similar.
Never been distracted by music while reading, or studying, even if it has lyrics.
>>
>>146845561
Have fun with the most limited selection you can think of
>>
I sometimes listen to post-rock while reading manga. It's fine.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.