[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be worth it to even start reading Hajime no Ippo? What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

Would it be worth it to even start reading Hajime no Ippo? What's it at now, 1150 chapters? It's been in my backlog forever, but I don't know if it's worth the time investment.
>>
>>146795781
I actually currently started the anime a few days ago. I'm on episode 40 and I really like it. Nothing feels asspully, as there aren't super moves or god-like abilities. Just two people duking it out to see who's stronger. The animation is great, music is memorable, and the comedy is actually pretty funny. My only problem with it is that Ippo's development feels a little too slow at times, but he's getting better. Other than that, solid sports anime.
>>
Absolutely it is not worth it. There are better boxing/MMA manga out there such as Holyland/Shamo/Boys on the Run are each really different and interesting, whereas Ippo is moderately interesting for an early 90s sports manga for a couple hundred chapters.

It's a complete tire fire of a series. Avoid.
>>
File: 1375565832168.gif (2MB, 261x196px) Image search: [Google]
1375565832168.gif
2MB, 261x196px
Why watch people punch eachother when you watch people punch eachother so hard they explode?

Also, MC punched a tank to death.
>>
>>146796254
Good to hear, I'll check out those other ones you mentioned instead.
>>
>>146796254
>Absolutely it is not worth it.
This. The manga actually recycles a lot of content hence the holes you see on /a/ about Ippo not knowing what to do and inquiring his coach on how to win.
>>
One of the best sport anime

Pretty good sport manga
>>
>>146796888
>hence the jokes you see on /a/
typo
>>
File: 1457973870986.jpg (102KB, 343x944px) Image search: [Google]
1457973870986.jpg
102KB, 343x944px
>>146796254
>Shamo
>>
>>146796888
Maybe Ippo just got alzheimers.
>>
Its worth getting into but as the series progresses, there are some particularly bad matches involving Ippo, one of which is shat on almost universally for being fucking dumb. In the last couple of years though Ippo has had more development, especially recently, so his character has moved on a little.

One of the best strengths of the manga is the supporting characters, who are all colourful and interesting and unique from each other, and have been generally been pretty strong through the whole run, and Takamura who is consistently the best character in the whole manga.

Its worth reading and sticking with in my opinion
>>
It's pretty good for a while. At least read/watch it until Bryan Hawk.
>>
>>146795781
The slice of life stuff in Ippo is really good so you won't feel your time is wasted when you're done. Some of the fights are real stinkers and it's best to just Spee D. Reader through them. You'll know them when you see them.
>>
File: 1463526917678.jpg (486KB, 1432x2958px) Image search: [Google]
1463526917678.jpg
486KB, 1432x2958px
no
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.