[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>4 pages ago said the sword was just an added bonus >literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: img000025.jpg (440KB, 844x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000025.jpg
440KB, 844x1200px
>4 pages ago said the sword was just an added bonus
>literally no reason to postpone the fight
>postpones the fight anyway

Why is every fantasy manga just complete garbage when it comes to plot conveniences? What ever happened to letting the protagonist actually struggle instead of just throwing literally everything he needs at him.
>>
>>146752291

>fantasy manga

It's not a good fantasy if the story's premise is a reincarnator, which is all about self-insert masturbation.

Which is what this story is. So your expectations are WAY TOO high.
>>
>>146753325
>reincarnator
He's a time traveler though..
>>
>>146753325

The first few chapters were actually not bad since it was about a fantasy hero dude resetting to before the demons invaded. But then it just became ez street "getting all the bitches and money and power fantasy garbage #43201".

Where's all the good fantasy at? It doesn't all need to be berserk but shit - at least make your protag try before gaining hero status.
>>
>>146753641
>Where's all the good fantasy at?

Rokka and Dungeon Meshi
>>
>>146753641
I say that dungeon meshi is very good.
>>
>>146753851
>>146753856

Dungeon meshi is definitely quality. I can't wait to see where the author goes now that the sister is back.

I just wish some more 'standard' type fantasy existed that wasn't poisoned by the MC having everything just given to him out the door.
>>
>>146754316
Yeah, Meshi has crossed the "this is just some random new fantasy manga I don't care about" line for me. I have high hopes for the series now.
>>
>>146752291
>demons infiltrating human lands

I was gonna say that reminds me of Rokka but even Dragon Quest had that.
>>
>>146753641
Wow, you really can't see foreshadow

Pay attention to the plot and to the personality of the mc, this heading in a darker thone. Rember who had the dragon heart

>>146752291
I dont know if you missed the explanation, but horns are really important to demmons, it's a matter of pride, npt about the sword. He didn't want mc to break his horn

Finally, this a novel, the manga skims through some stuff
>>
This manga is pretty shitty, I was hoping it would be the decent but there's so much shit that's just poorly done. You have this half assed romance in the background, where the protagonist was already in a fully committed relationship with one of the members and now appears to not give a fuck about her at all. The combat is boring as fuck, the abilities aren't interesting in the slightest. The protagonist keeps coming across people from his past without even trying.

It just seems fucking garbage so far.
>>
File: Yuusha bakemono.png (3MB, 1600x861px) Image search: [Google]
Yuusha bakemono.png
3MB, 1600x861px
This came from an LN. Why can't we have good LN fantasy adapted into manga and anime? Time travel, harem, taking advantage of time, and wish fulfillment already put it on a small list. I want a deconstruction of heroes now.
>>
>>146752291
>literally no reason to postpone the fight
It was to make preparations, specifically, the mithril chains.
>>
>>146756304
exactly this, was this not obvious? That's how he even won.
>>
>>146756292
>I want a deconstruction of heroes now.

Most fantasy LNs are deconstructions nowadays.
>>
>>146756573
That's not a very good one.
>>
>>146752291
>can't keep track of when lines were said
>forgets reasons given barely two pages before
The struggle wouldn't be necessarily increased by continuing the fight. All struggles are "fake" so disadvantages or advantages are created and overcome as the mangaka pleases. Giving the battle a break might change a specific disadvantage, but if overcoming that disadvantage would have been boring then it doesn't matter much anyway.
>>
>>146753567
His point is still correct. The premise of New Saga is that the MC knows a bunch of stuff that makes things really convenient for him. It's laid out very clearly from the start that he's going to cheat his way through the story as much as possible.
>>
>>146756292
I glanced at the LN. So far, I'm glad at how the manga has been chopping out the more "LN-like" focuses or cliches. It's an improvement.
>>
>>146757378
>His point is still correct. The premise of New Saga is that the MC knows a bunch of stuff that makes things really convenient for him. It's laid out very clearly from the start that he's going to cheat his way through the story as much as possible.

Well no shit he's going to cheat, if he doesn't people are going to die. And even that knowledge he has is half baked and his continued changes to the timeline are going to decrease his accuracy tremendously. This convenience is only temporary. And doesn't always work in his favor Like having to take out an old war buddy from the previous line.
>>
>>146757378
Nah, time travel's a bit like time looping, or explaining a plan to viewers beforehand. It's all about how the plans will get derailed, except when things are kept partly secret and there's a fine "just as planned" moment.
>>
>>146757378
It allows the MC to try and be like a story/game hero, instead of running a suicide squad. It's a type of convenient, sure, but then you need convenience if you're going to gain support of half the continent to fight a demon invasion from the other half.

A lot of heroic fantasy stories just take that convenience for granted, even without being LN tier.
>>
>>146756304

There was no reason for the demons to want to postpone. They took minimal damage from a surprise attack that wouldn't work twice. In any other decent manga the demons would just continue to attack.

In this one they didn't because the hero needed time to beat them. It was just another example of something convenient happening for the hero for no good reason.
>>
>>146754366
The sister eats the elf, like that one h-doujin.
>>
>>146757376
Who are you quoting?

Are you OK? Obviously this is a story that's created by the mangaka. Do you think that needs to be said?

The point here is that it's not believable for the demons to agree to stop the fight. On the hero's side are weak combatants, injured non-combatants they're trying to protect, and two combatants who are weaker then the demons. On the demons side there's... nothing holding them back. Everything they could want is right there in the room. The horn, the sword, and the mayor.

Why take a break when the hero's crew could just skip town with everything? Why put themselves at a disadvantage and allow the hero to gain an advantage? What point is there for the demon's to agree to let them go? There isn't. It's just a convenient solution to the hero's problem.
>>
>>146759385
>There was no reason for the demons to want to postpone.
The horn, stupid. Pay attention.

Honestly, it's not GREAT great, but New Saga is one of the best ongoing isekaish stories right now by a large margin.
>>
>>146760153
>The horn, stupid. Pay attention.

What possible reason could make the demon's actually believe that the hero's would hold up their end of the bargain? Wouldn't it be much easier to just take it right there when the hero group is at such a clear disadvantage? What advantage does the demon group gain by waiting? They're still going to need to fight. The hero group will still be able to destroy the horn if the fight goes south. There are only down sides to the demon group waiting.

This isn't hard. Though I guess it is for you since you're clearly an idiot.
>>
>>146760153
>isekaish
This is straight up fantasy.
>>
>>146760816
>Wouldn't it be much easier to just take it right there
Uh, no? The guy has it in his hand, do something suspicious and he just destroys it, in front of you no less.
>>
>>146759618
Same person the OP's quoting of course. Must be hard not being able to understand a reply chain that only has two posts.

And if you realize it's a story then you should smarten up about the mechanics. The fight isn't a problem that's "solved" in the way you think.
>>
>>146761307
With a LOT of Isekai elements, and time travel can be argued to be a form of isekai as well.
>>
>>146760816

Not that guy, but..

The horn is the demon's metaphorical balls, if he can't get it back in a way that redeems the damage to his ego he's not going to be able to live with himself. He might be able to take a hostage fast enough, but with that ego ? It's admitting he can't take on a mere human without underhandedness. He has a partner right there who's a lot more by-the-book and is most likely going to report to the Demon Lord in detail, and everyone is going to know that he didn't just lose his horn. Maybe the detail doesn't mean as much to other demons, them knowing it means something to him. Like a dude who shitposts isekai LNs on /a/ but is secretly a fan of SAO.

The horn can still be destroyed ? Sure, the downsides don't change. Doesn't change that the demon's priority is to want it back and that the hero's priority is to not get the town blown up which might happen if things get desperate.

This was a situation where neither wanted the scorched earth scenario, so they want to believe in the promise of a less risky settlement. If any one side obviously pulls out, they risk their side of the scorched earth.

Maybe you would reject the deal and try to kill them anyway even if your balls are at stake and your partner is going to find out about your secret limited-edition replica of Kirito's sword and will report it to the Demon Lord ? a worthy sacrifice for the Demon Lord's cause I suppose.
>>
>>146763182
> time travel can be argued to be a form of isekai
No.
>With a LOT of Isekai elements
You mean generic RPG powerfantasy elements, or what?
>>
>>146763182
>With a LOT of Isekai elements, and time travel can be argued to be a form of isekai as well.

It'd be wrong though. What makes a Isekai is the knowledge of two worlds. If there is only one world, it's not Isekai.
>>
>>146763266
>No.
Yes.
>>146763266
>You mean generic RPG powerfantasy elements, or what?
No. Isekai powerfantasy elements maybe, since not all isekai are like the current trend of isekai powerfantasy.
>>
>>146763313
There isn't only one world. There's his world, and the world created by his timefuckery.
>>
>>146763380
Those are timelines., not worlds. Even if you were to argue that they were worlds. They wouldn't count as isekai because they wouldn't be very different from each other.
>>
>>146763448
Sure they could count, don't get arbitrary. That said I'm not gonna keep arguing about this since you're clearly very anal since you can't even accept the use of "isekaish" as a descriptor for a story that blatantly shares a lot of elements with isekai but isn't technically isekai.
>>
>>146763224
> It's admitting he can't take on a mere human without underhandedness
Sure, except that's literally what they have been doing for months in that town. If they were bothered by underhandedness, do you really think they would be bombing government buildings and stealing men, women, and children to be sacrificed? People that can't defend themselves?

They clearly have no qualms about killing humans. Oh. Except for the hero group I guess. Because killing defenseless civilians and government officials falls in the "well I don't like it but I'll do it" but fighting against a group that can fight back is a no go. For some reason. Oh, no, it's because if she wanted to kill them, the hero group would obviously be wiped out.

>Sure, the downsides don't change
No, the downsides change astronomically. Not only will the hero group still have the horn, but they will also have days to plan out and prepare against you. It's clearly the worst case scenario. Instead of trying to overwhelm them when they are at their weakest, the demons let them gain advantage after advantage.

This is honestly an indefensible plot convenience brought about by shitty characters and lazy writing.
>>
>>146763826

The dude demon clearly doesn't give a shit about the lives of weak humans, what he gives a shit about is the smear on his ego. You're just playing semantics or pretending not being able to tell the difference for the sake of arguing.

The girl demons just passive-aggressively lets the other guy do what he wants as long as it gets the mission done, but she herself wants to stick to what the boss says by the letter. That's what she cares about, not humans particularly.

They make a shitty team and somehow you think have to be incredibly pragmatic.

You might as well have run away the moment you realize it's the story of a hero who got sent back into the past, because surely his experience in dealing with shit is going to be incredibly convenient for the plot.

Anyway, sure complain away if it makes you feel happier. Disappointment is always a bad thing.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.