[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>coolest and potentially must broken stand ability in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: 5688-2011583149.jpg (237KB, 812x687px) Image search: [Google]
5688-2011583149.jpg
237KB, 812x687px
>coolest and potentially must broken stand ability in the series
>a literal retard has it

Why is this allowed?
>>
Because then there would be no tension and he would win every battle.
>>
>>146699990
I wouldn't call Giorno a retard
>>
>>146699990

>coolest [...] stand ability

that isn't Echoes Act 2, Kiss or Jail House Rock though
>>
Don't talk shit about Okuyasu, he's a bro
>>
Reminder that josuke has 2 dicks
>>
>>146699990
it's called balancing. in jojo, weak stand powers have smart users making them powerful and vice versa
>>
File: sadyasu.jpg (42KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
sadyasu.jpg
42KB, 800x450px
>>146699990
DON'T INSULT MY BABY!
>>
>>146699990
The Hand could kick SHA's shit in
>>
>>146699990
You gotta balanced it somehow
>>
File: latest[2].png (420KB, 308x489px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
420KB, 308x489px
>>146699990
Because every time Araki gives someone who's intelligent an OP stand without thinking about it all the way, he has to figure out a way for them to be written out of the story
>>
>>146699990
>coolest and potentially must broken stand ability

that's not Buckethead, Gold Experience or Soft&Wet
>>
>>146699990
>Stands are an extension of one's soul/spirit
>Okuyasu is a retard
>ZA HANDO is literally tard strength personifed
>>
>>146699990
>>coolest and potentially must broken stand ability in the series
It's slow and predicatble. Anyone with a brain can hit him before he does and there are plenty of stands who can oneshot a guy.
>b-but is underutilized!
For what? Flying around? Despite the memes, there's not much that can be done with the hand that Okuyasu didn't already do.
>>
>>146710882
That's not Metallica or Weather Report
>>
>>146710632
Fucking this guy right here.
>we gonna fight the bitch
>na mang I'm outtie.
What the fuck? Thanks to you narancia is dead!
>>
>>146699990
I assume you meant to post Vanilla Ice
>>
>>146712116
>Half their team died in the attempt
>Implying Diavolo wouldn't have fucked him first and immediately.

He was a deadman if he betrayed Diavolo with such a dangerous stand.
>>
>>146711986
huehuehue

so ebin anon, ecksdee :^)
>>
>>146712053
>hold knife in left hand
>scrape distance with right

Unblockable unavoidable stab
>>
>>146699990
>potentially must broken stand ability in the series
>it's never used properly
Same with Fugo, didn't use it once and disappeared. Every fight would've been shooting the virus and telling Giorno to heal the gang.
>>
>>146699990
Echoes is way cooler.
>>
>>146714981
That's like saying a gun is invincible because a bullet is unblockable and unavoidable once fired. You still have to perceive the target, set up ability and use it accurately from effective distance while not getting avoided or attacked during the process.
>>
File: 240669.jpg (43KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
240669.jpg
43KB, 225x350px
>stand is so strong Diavolo has to control another Stand and retcon his own abilities to beat it
>>
>>146715221
To be fair if anyone used a realistic non-anime tier gun competently, they could kill most of the cast.
>>
>>146710632
>>146712116
He was actually written out because Araki was depressed at the time and in his original draft Fugo was going to be a double agent for Diavolo and he was going to actually become friends with Giorno and Giorno would have had to kill him. So Araki freely admitted to pussing out and just writing him out instead.
>>
That's exactly why he has it. If anyone else had The Hand it would be too broken.
>>
>>146710632
>>146716241

I thought Fugo was written out because before Distortion was written, there's just nothing interesting you can do with the stand. Either they're in range of it and instantly die, or they aren't and don't.
>>
>>146704856
Like dio or jotaro
>>
Hey Ya! is if done correctly (in other words doing exactly what it says all the time), it's invincible.

But you have to be the kind of person who would actually listen to that advice.
>>
>>146716278
Nah, Purple Haze was written that way specifically so Giorno could fight him later on. It was AFTER Araki decided that he wasn't going to go through with the 'double agent' plot line that he realised if he was just going to stay a permanent ally then he'd be OP as fuck so he wrote him out. His character and everything about him was designed with the intent of making Giorno fight him later on but when Araki dropped that he became impossible to repurpose without fucking up everything else he had planned for the story.
>>
Polnareff is dumb and has a shit stand as well.
>>
>>146716331
>and has a shit stand

It doesn't stay that way
>>
don't bite the hand that feeds you
>>
>>146699990
He has the stand because he is a literal retard. He doesn't understand anything, gets mad at whatever it is and wants to make it disappear. Shit he's pretty close to Kira, just has completely different reason for his stand being existence snuffer.
>>
>Jotaro: hurp durp okuyasu gonna cut up red hot chili pepper real gud but i tolds him not tu
>Josuke: oh no, he cuts the power majiggers!
Oh man, it'll be funny when the ground seals back up perfectly fixed with the cables joined together and they realize they panicked for nothing. RHCP is gonna flip it's sh-
>RHCP: HAHA BYE BYE I KILL YOU NOW
>Ground: I never join back up together lol

Why the fuck was this allowed?
>>
>>146716355
His special ability is shooting his sword, and he can only do it once. How is that not shit?
>>
Isnt his stand basically Vanilla Ice but localized to his hand and punching?

But seriously all he needs to do is swipe at the air infront of the enemy multiple times till they come to him and get destroyed.
>>
>>146716551
Because it's unexpected,and he can also remove his armor to become faster
A stand battle isn't about raw power but using your stand in the best way possible, sometimes having limited options for something is a good thing
>>
>>146716515
Araki was kind of weird with The Hand. Okuyasu can selectively make what he erases fuse the wound closed or not based on plot convenience. He seemed to have different ideas for what exactly it did at various stages of the manga but he never settled on one and as such Okuyasu never got a solo fight or his own arc outside of those 2 chapters during RHCP where he loses.
>>
>>146716551
>Retardedly fast
>Good defence
>Better reach than nearly any other punch ghost
>Can cast off armour to go double retard fast
>Can shoot it's sword to use it as a surprise attack with fantastic range is an opportunity presents itself

It's actually pretty legit as far as pure combat stands go. Only main Jojos and Villains outclass it in that regard, along with maybe Magician's Red and Purple Haze.
>>
>>146716551

I'm talking about when it becomes "what the fuck is going on: the stand"
>>
>>146716622
>Tfw you're a fencer so you have a bias towards polnareff
It's a stab ghost where other stands are punch ghosts, it'd probably be at the same level as some of the other punch stuff dead stands if he was a main character.
>>
>>146716838
Polnareff can't even control Requiem though. No one can.
>>
>>146715221
He was able to teleport josuke and punch him a few times before he could avoid it, so i guess its not that hard
>>
>>146716278
Cioccolatta's stand was the exact same but we got a nice fight out of that. It was probably what Fugo's would have been.
>>
>>146710632
This.

He has a habit of giving the strongest stands to dumb characters so they can't use it to full potential.

Just look at how strong Star Platinum is. It's time stop ability is so OP that he'd be able to prevent every single predicament Jotoro gets into during the Diamond is Unbrekable arc. Instead Araki came up with the BS excuse that he can't pause time for long since he never used or practiced the ability. Which logically doesn't make much sense at all just from the fact that Jotoro is clever and such an ability is not only extremely strong it also has a lot of real-world applications that he'd be able to use in his day to day life or career as a marine biologist. Even being able to pause time for 10 seconds like Dio could after just a few minutes of practicing would be hilariously OP.
>>
>>146719148

I don't disagree but Dio trainer relentlessly for months to get just those 10 seconds. His growth was accelerated during the fight with Jotaro because that's just how shit works in boss fights.
>>
>>146719148
You still need to consider that Dio's a vampire with super Hamon Jonathan's body while Jotaro never even touched Hamon.
>>
>>146699990
>chasing fat kid with harvest for 5 minutes
>doesn't use the hand
>>
>>146699990
>literal retard
>develops a technique that pulls people into his range
>defeated Red Hot Chili Pepper the first time they met again
>tricked Shigechi, which allowed him and Josuke to defeat Harvest
>saved Josuke from being killed by Stray Cat's air bubbles
>>
>>146719148
Really annoyed me too. I think that anyone who would discover a time stop ability (regardless of duration) would use it as much as possible, developing it even somewhat in the process.
>>
>>146712053
>It's slow and predicatble. Anyone with a brain can hit him before he does and there are plenty of stands who can oneshot a guy.
That's only because Okayasu is slow and predictable.

In reality that ability to "erase the space" between him and his opponent would be really useful. He can teleport himself towards his opponent and then erase him.
>>
The Hand isn't really that strong. A gun is probably stronger.
>>
Talking of under-utilized stands, The Emperor could have literally been one of the strongest non-reality bending stands in the series had its user been more competent.
>>
>>146699990
>most broken stand ability in the series

>The hand
>>
I feel like the entire point of JoJo is that everyone and everything has a weakness.

Dio is an immortal time-stopping vampire, but if you smash his head in he can't do shit. Same thing with Okuyasu. He can delete things in a short range, and can even draw you closer with the ability, but he's so retarded he can't use it well enough to cause serious harm.
>>
>>146721004
>not the lovers
All that nigga had to do was shutting his mouth and kill them all while watching TV on his couch.
>>
File: Bohemian_Rhapsody.png (2MB, 764x987px) Image search: [Google]
Bohemian_Rhapsody.png
2MB, 764x987px
>>146721755
Your right
>>
>>146722886
Too be fair, that was all element of surprise on the oldest member of the Crusaders.
SP caught a bullet reflexively, it can catch an earwig.
Also, on a related note, imagine how many mosquitoes have been utterly obliterated by SP.
>>
>>146700163
A quite retarded bro. But still bro.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.