[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digimon Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

Is Digimon dead now?

The interview with the anime staff of Digimon Universe has been translated. Long story short, Applimon is pretty much this generations Digimon but arn't Digimon but are totally different species. Applimon is a full on reboot of the Digimon franchise starting everything fresh. It's kind of sad that Digimon just didn't age well like Pokemon getting new generations interested. There may be some new games in it's future or new mons for the older fans but who knows at this point...

http://withthewill.net/threads/16362-Appmon-Staff-Interview-from-Animedia
>>
>>146681529
>still no retelling 01 till dead like Gundam
You have only yourself to blame Bandai
>>
Digimon has been dead for my since I dropped Xros. This could be a good thing.
>>
>>146682742
How? I don't think rebranding and rebooting is going to save Digimon.
>>
>>146681529
>that image
>Applimon is a full on reboot of the Digimon franchise
Dropped
>>
>reboot

Welp, Digimon is dead
>>
Its dead now, should have pandered to cyber sluts so they can take their money and then make whatever they want with it.
>>
>>146684877

Maybe it will or maybe not. I don't think they could have continue it the way it was before though. Honestly in the end it's still the same thing.
>>
File: 1410560674213.png (579KB, 800x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1410560674213.png
579KB, 800x1075px
>>
Only anime I will watch next season I think.
Bring it.
>>
MC will be the first beta MC since Takato.

Rival character seems like the edgiest rival to date.
>>
I thought Digimon was shifting to the otaku audience since that's where the money was? What's Bamco thinking?
>>
How is this surprising?
For bandai digimon needs to be a big multi media franchise for kids, thats all it ever was
So they had to reboot it to try and recapture kids again
>>
>>146687420
Milking old fans brings little money and its not sustainable.
They still will make some things here and there but nothing big, digimon needs to be for kids again
>>
>>146687420

I guess that was wrong. Kids are more profitable or better their parents.
>>
File: brown hair protag.jpg (86KB, 388x493px) Image search: [Google]
brown hair protag.jpg
86KB, 388x493px
>>146681529
The interview is kinda a mixed bag. On one hand, they do seem to have new ideas that seem worth exploring. On the other hand, the way they go about adventure and the other shows being from the same mold shows they either didn't look at them properly, or that they don't know what they are doing.

Hell, the description for the green hair protag fits takato nearly exactly.
>>
File: kiriha edgy.png (190KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
kiriha edgy.png
190KB, 500x281px
>>146687301
kinda hard to be edgier than this though.
>>
Sora was a cock teasing bitch. Yamato and her deserve each other.
>>
>>146681529
>Hiromi Seki is Appmon's supervisor
>Hiromi "Daisuke should have no character growth" Seki
>Hiromi "let's put Ryo in Tamers" Seki

Oh. Good.
>>
File: xros buttpockets.jpg (157KB, 850x283px) Image search: [Google]
xros buttpockets.jpg
157KB, 850x283px
As long as there's human girls and digi waifus, you can bet people will still watch this, regardless of content.
>>
>>146681529
Holy shit, that's naruto
>>
>>146687420
They tried the otaku shit with Cyber Sleuth and it worked, then tried it again with Next Order and surprise surprise it sold far less than Cyber Sleuth. Can't cater to a market that is so particular in taste.
>>
This will fall flat on it's ass and they'll have no choice but to go back to the digital critters
>>
>>146695996
I wish this would be true but it won't. It has the word "app" in it, kids and normies will eat that shit up.
>>
If they don't digivolve I'm having none of it.
The last series was bad enough with Digimon sticking together like fucking Lego pieces.
>>
>>146681529
Who is that pink-haired semen daemon?
>>
>>146681529
>Applimon is a full on reboot of the Digimon franchise starting everything fresh.
So, like every series until Time Travel happened.
>>
I'll be honest. Tamers was the last series I watched and I miss it.
>>
>>146696422
Same.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.