[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend of the Galactic Heroes (LOGH)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 13

File: slllhc5mskquegk5sidi.png (765KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
slllhc5mskquegk5sidi.png
765KB, 800x450px
Is this the pinnacle of the anime medium? Both in quality and quantity truly an epic and I must admit that I've not seen anything similar so far. Literally not a single bad moment, each episode feels so carefully crafted.
Also, what do you think about IG producing a remake?
>>
I'm trying to talk myself into watching this. I'm watching Gintama right now, (among other things) so I'm not sure I have time for another long anime.
>>
File: 1420556629728.jpg (52KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1420556629728.jpg
52KB, 600x450px
It has its flaws, the animation is lackluster, some plotlines were boring, a lot of characters lacked depth or were just plain one-dimensional.
The first 20-ish episodes were kind of boring, but it really picked up in pace afterwards.

It's gotten bad reputation for being a "MAL fedora thinken man's anime", so it's kind of hard to talk about these days.
>>
>>146664543

Yeah, it's quite long. The main series alone has 110 episodes with them being over 30 minutes long in the last season.

>>146664679

>The first 20-ish episodes were kind of boring

You think so? I liked the first part the most. It had Siegfried and Reinhard had the most brilliant moments in the first season, basically teaching you that seizing opportunities is the most important thing. He kinda lost steam as the show progressed.
>>
>>146664847
I thought it was great that Reinhard lost steam, especially during the second half of the show. He's lost once he actually gets what he wants and his one hobby is impossible to pursue in a period of peace.
>>
>Is this the pinnacle of the anime medium?
It's no FLCL but it's ok.
>>
>>146668075
>FLCL
Is not funny.
>>
>>146664679
>MAL
I am not familiar with this meme. What does MAL mean as an adjective?
>>
Its not as perfect as people make it out to be. It has a lot of flaws, the animation is outdated and a lot of times its just boring, but thats the lesser problem.
>>
>>146664417
Its probobaly better than everything the casual /a/ poster has ever watched
>>
>>146668896
This, LotGH is overrated. Still a pretty decent watch nonetheless. There's ample room for the remake to surpass the original.
>>
>>146664417
>Is this the pinnacle of the anime medium?
stop using phrases like this on anything, you'll attract normal fags.

>>146664679
>It's gotten bad reputation for being a "MAL fedora thinken man's anime", so it's kind of hard to talk about these days.
>muh MAL boogeyman threatened my good taste as an /a/utist.
letting someone else dictate your opinion is as half as bad.

>logh is overrated
apparently I have to agreed, but it doesnt stop it from being one of the best production.
>>
File: CrQTdJWVYAAWgkf.jpg (84KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
CrQTdJWVYAAWgkf.jpg
84KB, 600x350px
>>146664417
>Also, what do you think about IG producing a remake?
i dont know, but fujo fags are loving the new character design so far
>>
>>146671377
Bittenfeld being amazing as usual
>>
>>146671194
Never said I let others dictate my opinion, I was rather saying that shitposting and bait is pretty frequent when LOGH gets brought up.
>>146668472
MAL is a bogeyman which is commonly associated with being "mature anime for mature people", LOGH is one of their highest rated anime, and it's not an easy watch which has lead to a lot of elitism.
LOGH is often used in bait-threads, like "LOGH is so much better than moeshit like k-on!"
>>
File: CrQTcGSUsAADoCl.jpg (72KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
CrQTcGSUsAADoCl.jpg
72KB, 600x350px
>>146671426
It'll be nice if they use these design instead of the manga
>>
I'm waiting for a western bluray release before I watch.
>>
>>146671872
the animation is too outdated to update anything. why? you still get the same thing as you've seen on youtube or torrent.
>>
File: 1421512163698.jpg (557KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1421512163698.jpg
557KB, 1280x720px
So how shit do you think the incoming new version of it will be?

Also I'll be slightly displeased if Oberstein will be voiced by Koyasu (Dio etc). I sure hope not.

I can't think of anyone decent who'd replace Wenli or Oberstein really and it would be incredibly lazy if they dumped Koyasu as muhh "super evil villain".

Actually it would be incredibly rude to the character.
>>
>>146671713
Oh look, dead people.
>>
>>146671713
where is it from?
>>
>>146672613
Tsuda
>>
File: CqIA1leUAAA6_sA.jpg (84KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
CqIA1leUAAA6_sA.jpg
84KB, 600x350px
>>146673080
The DMM game, it's pretty shit.

The summer event was pretty fun though
>>
File: CrQTdjbUkAAGeTY.jpg (81KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
CrQTdjbUkAAGeTY.jpg
81KB, 600x350px
>>146673080
a game
I wish i know enough moon to play it
>>
File: 1439824774375.jpg (48KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1439824774375.jpg
48KB, 400x400px
>>146673176
>that kempf
>>
File: 1382266806514.jpg (140KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1382266806514.jpg
140KB, 960x720px
It's not even that good, frankly. It has some great characters, some interesting plot threads, and an interesting universe/setting, and that's about it. The visual design is utterly bland, many episodes are poorly paced and dull, etc.

The space battles are especially egregious. Utterly terrible. What's really astounding is how everyone but the main characters are portrayed as utter retards in comparison; apparently, being able to form a semi-circle requires savant-level military brilliance in the future. The way this is taken without even a hint of levity throughout the entire production is embarrassing.

If I had to rate it, I'd give it a 6/10 or so. Worth watching if you especially enjoy the idea of the show, or are obsessed with Prussian or French history, but otherwise, you're better off watching something else. Be glad this is not the pinnacle of anime, otherwise, you'd have even more to be embarrassed about than you already do, nerds.
>>
I don't see how the remake can be even remotely good as the original.

>how will IG be able to afford enough episodes to properly tell the story?

>a lot of the original VAs are dead.
>>
>>146672613
Hozumi Gōda is still alive isn't he?

they can borrow some guys from the movie dubbing group. they some very decent voice that can work in the anime. just hope they dont push in the idol talento. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elhtP0SC8JI
>>
File: 1451236403850.jpg (119KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1451236403850.jpg
119KB, 1440x810px
>>146673548
>I'd give it a 6/10
Name better series then
>>
>>146673548
>What's really astounding is how everyone but the main characters are portrayed as utter retards in comparison
> Worth watching if you especially enjoy the idea of the show, or are obsessed with Prussian or French history
I feel like I'm reading the same post as I did in many logh thread before.
>>
>>146664417
>Is this the pinnacle of the anime medium
Nope. How can it be, when it doesn't use said medium in any way effectively? Much more than like an anime, it feels like a so-so audiobook accompanied by sometimes cool, but sometimes also mediocre pictures. Or a drawn-out VN with no choices, made before the era of VNs.
>>
>>146673548
>interesting universe/setting
>all the planets are Earth-clones
>>
>>146674193
They have a galaxy, why bother settling the shitty planets?

>not unique setting
>battles in asteroid fields around an unstable star, ice comet snafus, liquid metal fortresses
>>
I love the series and I've watched it several times but I think OP is baiting with his statement. I'm fond of military history so Logh fits quite well.
>>
File: Valks.webm (540KB, 936x702px) Image search: [Google]
Valks.webm
540KB, 936x702px
how many people crew a destroyer (cruiser pictured)
>>
There ended up being one grave mistake from episode 1. Everyone except Yang and his friend went along with the idiot's plan.
>>
>>146679634
And everyone but Reinhard and his friends thought that his tactics were suicidal. Tactics had stagnated, like France at the start of ww1
>>
>>146664417
Don't you ever get tired of making the same thread every day? You don't even change the wording or picture.
>>
File: ArQ3Z0o.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ArQ3Z0o.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>146671377
>>146671713
>>146673149
>>146673176
Post more screencaps, I require swimsuit Mittermeyer.
>>
>>146673548

>being able to form a semi-circle requires savant-level military brilliance in the future

Encirclement, flanking and breakthrough on the culminating point are like physical constants in warfare. They will always be the same, what do you expect? It all boils down to making your fleets exactly perform your maneuvers and this often fails in the show.
>>
>>146680969
There should have been more. It feels like only the main characters are not idiots.
>>
>>146664417
Yes
>>
>>146680969
Well look at the Napoleonic wars. Everyone except Napoleon looked like a retard.
>>
>>146668472
Me and Lelouch.
>>
I detest rabid fanboys and shitposters that praise this as the best show ever.

It has many flaws. However, you still get a massive work. Its strength is that you get a huge world full of events, places, characters, stories and interactions. Some are boring, some are interesting, but you get a very detailed view of everything. That and that the show is presented like a historical documentary.

It stands out simply because nothing else has come close to trying something of this caliber (I haven't watched Tytania though. Everyone says it's shit). With how the industry works now, it's impossible for it to happen again.

This show has no competition, so it is special
>>
>>146686580
>I haven't watched Tytania though. Everyone says it's shit

Tytania was so bad that it couldn't get anyone to air commercials during it.
>>
>>146686580
>>146688470

thanks, i was going to start Tytania soon
>>
>>146678471
Imperial Destroyers would be the small ships that basically shoot like shotguns. I think Merkatz loved using them. Anyway, they would of course have less men on them since they're smaller.

Looking at the wiki, using the Battle of Vermillion, there was 3,263,100 Imperial solders aboard 26,940 ships.

So around 123 men aboard a single ship.
>>
>>146690147
I hope LOGH 2017 has more visually interesting fleet actions.
>>
>>146690147
Not to be confused with the gunship of course. "The Mutineer" is a pretty good source for trying to figure out the numbers. Do they ever reveal the general unit composition of a fleet? Majority cruisers or destroyers or what.
>>
>some fags ITT don't believe LoGH is the best anime of all time
>of all time
Kill urself my man
>>
>>146673759
No, ripoffs of western movies and tv shows like this and Monster need to be put on a pedestal to spite animu haters who don't think we're mature.
>>
>>146673548
>What's really astounding is how everyone but the main characters are portrayed as utter retards in comparison; apparently, being able to form a semi-circle requires savant-level military brilliance in the future.

I agree with this as far as Part 1 of the series is concerned, but throughout the rest of the series every commander was competent and pulling their weight since all of the really stupid characters were eliminated either during the early battles for their stupidity. What we're left with after Part 1 are commanders who are fully fleshed out and memorable and able to hold their own in each major battle of the series.
>>
>>146692416
except Bittenfield
>>
You know how history repeats itself? In the end, human never can truly learn from anything. They say people are able to change and improve. That's a load of bull. We are human beings. We thrive in apathy. We never truly changed. We make the same mistakes as always. History of violence, greed, hypocrisy and death will always be the same until the very end. To truly change, one must cut all of the bad stems and flaws. Break down to very core and rebuild oneself from there. Only then, until death, pray for repentence so that good can come from your own grave to repay the world.
>>
>>146694633
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>146664417
LOGH is definitely good, but you really can't compare it to very many other anime. It has its own niche, and that is why people like it.

You wouldn't compare K-ON to LOGH right? They're completely different series, and therefore it is impossible to compare them.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.