[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haruko is a narcissistic sociopath who uses and abuses everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: flcl.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
flcl.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
Haruko is a narcissistic sociopath who uses and abuses everyone around her and whos ultimate goal is to gain god-like power even if it destroys the earth. The only reason she survives the finale is because she manipulates a 12 year old into falling in love with her.

Yet a lot of reviews tend to paint her as benevolent, why?
>>
>>146663462
who cares flcl is shit
>>
>>146663462
who cares about reviews?
>>146663505
you have shit taste desu
>>
File: pikachu exasperated.png (169KB, 524x524px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu exasperated.png
169KB, 524x524px
>>146663462
>Yet a lot of reviews tend to paint her as benevolent, why?
You read reviews for FLCL?
I greatly enjoyed the show and have re-watched it more times than I can count, but "reading reviews" is not an action that ever crossed my mind as even possible, much less a desirable way to spend time. So you read reviews. By whom? And why do you respect their opinion enough to bother us with it?
>>
>>146663591
There's nothing wrong with looking for different perspectives on something. Sometimes it can help you appreciate something you may have missed or went straight over your head.
>>
>>146663582
>>146663591
>Yet a lot of people tend to paint her as benevolent, why?
Can you answer the question now?
>>
>>146663715
No, I cannot answer that question, because I don't agree with the assertion in question, and without reading the specific review(s) in question, any commentary I attempt would be wild speculation at best.

But hey, if you want wild speculation, here you go:
It's an animu. The reviewer likes animu and enjoyed this animu as well. The reviewer want to appreciate the characters that they grew attached to while watching the animu they enjoyed. When attempting to "understand the motivations" of the characters, or whatever reviews do, their thoughts were biased by their desire to appreciate, and thus came up with a sympathetic interpretation of one of the main characters based on an incomplete selection of the characters actions and interactions.

I've certainly noticed myself doing the same glossing-over of details in idle conversations about characters far less sympathetic than Haruko. Although in her case, as I alluded to at the start of this post, I share in the opinion that she is sociopathic. Some people want a little of that in their lives (or think they do, the fools), and is an impetus to the aforementioned sympathetic interpretations.

There. Was that abstract-yet-detailed enough that it fits the review(s) you read? Because I really have no way of knowing.
>>
File: 05.jpg (78KB, 404x527px) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
78KB, 404x527px
>>146663591
Nor do I feel the need to read reviews for stuff I enjoy or even stuff I don't enjoy, but you speak like a top tier fedora tipper, insufferable and pretentious. I'm almost certain you refer to your waifu as "m'lady".
>>
>>146664091
>but you speak like a top tier fedora tipper, insufferable and pretentious.
You probably say that to anyone on /a/ who uses more than one dependent clause in a sentence. In this case, you are correct.
>>
>>146664184
Mostly I say it to people who use language to elevate themselves in casual conversation, rather than communicating without superfluous and haughty pretense. In other words, your smugness is unwarranted.
>>
>>146664296
What you say makes sense. I'm drunk and having just finished a book that seemed to relish in elevated language and wordplay for its own sake, what's in my head is seeping out into the keyboard and I'm not bothering to revise it before pressing "Post".

Sort of in the spirit of that old quote: "I'm sorry to write such a long letter, I didn't have time to write a short one." If I gave a shit I could be more concise.
>>
ive never seen haruko painted as benevolent, only in the sense that she's a foil to naota's shitty fake smugness and also naota thinks she's cool and secretly wants to be like that

but, like, the show doesn't objectively say anything about her
>>
Muh dik
>>
>>146664091
>>146664296
>Nor

Fuck off.
>>
>Haruko is a narcissistic sociopath who uses and abuses everyone around her

That's what gods do, they manipulate the credulous human, who nonetheless gains from the opportunity to commune with the deity and partake of the leavings of divine abundance scattered about the heavenly abode like mice feasting beneath the king's table.
>>
>>146663462
It's a lesson on how falling in love with real women works
>>
Don't you think she changed a little by the end though?
>>
File: Ninamori.Eri.full.204047.jpg (573KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Ninamori.Eri.full.204047.jpg
573KB, 1280x960px
>>146663462
>Yet a lot of reviews tend to paint her as benevolent, why?
Is that true?
Yeah, I like Haruko's character but certainly not as a hero. She is a total manipulative sociopath.

Posting best girl.
>>
>>146665716
You fell for her bullshit, good job.
>>
>>146665828
>Posting best girl.
That's not the perpetually horny ditz with dsl.
>>
>>146663462
I dunno, why don't you ask on MAL or whatever you're from?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.