[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Kensuke's 'congratulations' moment at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Kensuke_in_opening.png (155KB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
Kensuke_in_opening.png
155KB, 360x274px
Why was Kensuke's 'congratulations' moment at the end of episode 26 of Evangelion different from the rest?

What did he say? It sounds like something to the effect of 'Bedetaina' but it just gets translated into the dub as 'Congratulations' the same as everyone else's.

Is it a dialect thing?
>>
As someone who's soft spot for Kensuke far outshines his screentime, this also interests me.
>>
>>146648722
I'm with you anon, Kensuke's probably one of my favourite Evangelion characters just because he's so fun.
>>
>>146648606
>'Bedetaina'
It's been at least a decade since I've watched the scene in question, but in lieu of you deciding to up an audio webm of it, I'm guoing to guess what he said was めでたいな. Which in essence is just another way to say congratulations (and not a dialect thing). Or you can just look it up yourself. I typed it in moon for that reason.
>>
File: 14_p10.png (130KB, 357x600px) Image search: [Google]
14_p10.png
130KB, 357x600px
>>146648606
Kensuke says めでたい, it's not a dialect thing it's just a word to describe a joyous occasion, basically a more informal way to say congratulations. I guess the dub should have said congrats or something.
Touji says おめでとうさん which is a dialect thing.
>>
>>146649063
>>146649089
Thanks anon, though I wonder why, of all characters, they would choose to distinguish Kensuke with a personalised line.
>>
>>146649063

https://youtu.be/RjkVLE78Cpc?t=21s
>>
>>146648606
>>146648722
I realized how based Kensuke was when he tells Shinji that the reason Misato is so laid-back around him is because she sees him as family. After that I payed more attention to the times he got screentime and yeah he's a really cool guy. The first time I watched the series I didn't even realize.
>>
>>146649384
He was Shinji's friend, so he was more casual
>>
>>146649597

First time I watched Eva I totally forgot about the Kensuke camping scene
>>
>>146649747
That's also when Shinji comments something about his mother possibly worrying if he stays out camping I think, and then he says his mother is dead but he takes it easy. He's like the opposite of the people who always find reasons to feel sad/offended/insecure. Those come in dozens.
>>
>>146649922

Isn't everyone in Shinji's class supposed to have a dead mom
>>
>>146649922
Kensuke is a true bro who would never take advantage of a friends loneliness and sexual vulnerability.
>>
>>146649970
I think so, but that's not something we are supposed to know at that point. That's way later when they designate Toji as pilot and we are told the Marduk institute never existed to begin with, and it's just Nerv pulling the strings from behind.
>>
>>146648606

>Why was Kensuke's 'congratulations' moment at the end of episode 26 of Evangelion different from the rest?
Because it was a plot point that he tried to be different to stand out. Though since everyone in the show is pulling their own desperate bid for attention act, its hard to see him as being different.
>>
File: innawoods.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
innawoods.webm
3MB, 960x720px
>>146649747
Literally how?
>>
>>146648722
SUGOI SUGOI SUGOI SUGOIIIIIII!!!!!
>>
>>146650995
Haha, this is too good.
Can't believe I forgot all about this scene.
>>
File: tumblr_nfjuc9IIYe1qdodo2o3_500.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfjuc9IIYe1qdodo2o3_500.gif
2MB, 500x280px
>>146650995
>Captain dies heroically while sending his underling off to fulfill his duty.
>Whiny underling doesn't want to until he's pushed to do it.
like pottery
>>
>>146650995
the scenery in this shot makes me want to cum.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.