[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't we have more deep and interesting characters like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 286
Thread images: 78

Why can't we have more deep and interesting characters like Shirou?

Gettin' real tired of these self-insert harem MCs.
>>
>>146634244
Please explain, i don't understand.
>>
>>146634348
Why can't we have more MCs like Shirou.
>>
File: explain further.jpg (39KB, 649x536px) Image search: [Google]
explain further.jpg
39KB, 649x536px
>>146634762
>>
Dude, DENSE MEME! XD
>>
This might be bait but I agree. Whether or not his ideals or childish or not he's a flawed and intresting character. No one treats him as this amazing guy, in the grand scheme of things he's not the strongest and even his super cool chuni fantasy brought to life isn't the strongest and is just as flawed. I think my problem with a lot of anime/manga/vn protagonists is that they're stuck on the extreme of being pussy beta males so that twink otakus can identify with them or pussy smashing mary sues so that twink otakus can self insert into them, with nothing in between.
>>
File: Natsuki_Subaru_Anime.png (46KB, 337x124px) Image search: [Google]
Natsuki_Subaru_Anime.png
46KB, 337x124px
>>146635268
>flawed and interesting character
Ayy just like my nigga right here
>>
>>146635349
Nah, he's just annoying.
>>
>>146634244
How about you stop reading haremshit and LNshit?
>>
>>146634244
Bait, but I agree with you.
>>
>>146634244
How can we have an agreeable bait?
>>
>>146637412
It's magic, I think.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 900x693px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 900x693px
Not even worth giving a (you)
>>
>>146634244
Does anyone even self insert as Shirou though? Besides in the H-scenes I guess, which are removed in realta nua anyway. Why would anyone want to self insert as someone who is so clearly presented as being a complete idiot.
>>
>>146639027
He's not a complete idiot. He thinks a lot, he's insightful, he has cutting wit.
>>
File: finland saga 1.jpg (375KB, 820x1200px) Image search: [Google]
finland saga 1.jpg
375KB, 820x1200px
>>146634244
Honestly the only character i considered well written was the MC of chaos;head VN even though the VN itself was meh ish but the monologue atmosphere were rather superb.
>>
>>146639168
Monologue and atmosphere*
>>
>>146639027
>clearly presented as being a complete idiot
But the plot rewards him from being a complete idiot. Half of the bad ends yields from him acting sane and not retarded. He got away scott free in 2 out of 3 routes.

H-scenes are canon and RN is not canon btw
>>
>>146635268
>This might be bait but I agree.

Why the fuck would it be bait?
Only people that don't like Shirou are the ones who scream "weebshit" and "VNs aren't games"
>>
>>146641923
looks like I forgot I'm on /a/ and not /v/
>>
>>146634244
His power is too deus ex machina in the right hand of someone with a brain
>>
>>146634244
>Gettin' real tired of these self-insert harem MCs.

Name a anime that has this and actually came out good.
>>
File: Shirou kun.png (458KB, 559x822px) Image search: [Google]
Shirou kun.png
458KB, 559x822px
>>146634244
Because betafags don't understand a true man like Shirou.
>>
>>146641283

That just proves teh VN isn't a self insert BS desu
>>
File: 513614676.jpg (1MB, 1000x1536px) Image search: [Google]
513614676.jpg
1MB, 1000x1536px
>>146643627

Best boy desu
>>
File: Fate Shirou.jpg (73KB, 563x550px) Image search: [Google]
Fate Shirou.jpg
73KB, 563x550px
>>146643914
Of course.
>>
>>146642030
Archer was still one of the weaker servants
>>
>>146634244
Man you should put some effort into your baits.
>>
>>146644860
what fucking bait you absolute fucking retard
>>
>>146634244
>selfinsert Shirou
I've never understood this meme.
Clearly, none of us is as good a person as he is.
Nor as naive.
Nor as suave and witful as he can get sometimes.

The only common link I can imagine is the whole liking the school idol thing.
>>
>>146647157
>Nor as suave and witful as he can get sometimes.
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>146639027
Nasu made him to self insert, he himself said so.

And yes, people do self insert as Shirou,he has mystical powers and can summon supperswords, fucking hell he even has a bandaged arm that gives him super powers in a route talk about chunni.

Not to mention he fucks the school idol, the ancient beauty and the school sweetheart.

>b-b-b-but he died in that bad end
Nobody fucking cares about bad ends, yeah Nasu might say they're canon but there's a reason there are true ends and all that, bad ends are irrelevant.

>b-b-but he gets his ass kicked and stuff
So does Issei from highschool DxD, hell the novel starts with him getting killed by his "girlfriend".

>b-b-but he's not right in the head
Neither is onii-sama(the """""""""average"""""""" japanese teenager) that literally has no feelings. Or Kamijo Touma the regular highschool boy you can find anywhere.
>>
File: ShroudofMartin.jpg (90KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ShroudofMartin.jpg
90KB, 800x600px
>>146649047
Why would anyone want to self insert as him? The only shirou I could see people wanting to self insert as is fluffy shirou from fate prisma. Every other shirou's life is complete shit, sure he might be have a harem and do occasional bad ass things but for gods sake for every one good thing that happens to him 50 bad things do. The dudes fucking arm in HF is the death of him literally.
>>
>>146649047
>So does Issei from highschool DxD
Hold the fuck up
>Die and saved by a mysterious person who later becomes their love interests
>Have secret power inside them (Boosted Gear and Avalon/Trace)
>Go full white knight
>Have talents
>Have blond friend who is a swordsmaster
>Powered up through sexual act
>Red theme
>Deus Ex Machina
Why didn't I see this before?
>>
>>146650019
Picked the fuck up. I'm going to watch it as a bizarre alternate universe FSN
>>
>>146650132
You will be disappointed if you want something like FSN. The motto of HSDxD is go for the plot, stay for the kek, don't take it seriously.
>>
>>146650203
Was expecting to stay for the fanservice, so all in all I think I'm coming out ahead.
>>
>>146649683
I actually teared up for Shirou's Normal End in HF
>>
>>146650452
The anime is more about fanservice, the novels are more about comedy and fights. Even the fanservice scenes are mostly about comedy.

The anime cuts a lot of characters out in order to show boobs, the novel even has other POVs other than Issei.

Honestly the DxD anime isn't very good.
>>
File: 800.jpg (44KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
800.jpg
44KB, 800x800px
>>146650633
>And Emiya Shirou dies.
>The standing figure is no different from a machine.
>It's programmed to swing the sword, but it's a corpse with no desire to move.
>But even without human intelligence...
>There are machines that weave many dreams in this world.
>>
>>146649047
>Why would anyone want to self insert as him?

>>And yes, people do self insert as Shirou,he has mystical powers and can summon supperswords, fucking hell he even has a bandaged arm that gives him super powers in a route talk about chunni.

>Nobody fucking cares about bad ends, yeah Nasu might say they're canon but there's a reason there are true ends and all that, bad ends are irrelevant.

>>Not to mention he fucks the school idol, the ancient beauty and the school sweetheart.
Do I need to repeat it to you?

Do you think Otaku care about what you said? Yuuji from Grisaia had a garbage life and people still self insert as him.

1-Shirou has weird chunni powers
2-Shirou fucks all the hot girls
3-Shirou was literally made for self-inserting

Yes, people do self insert as him.
>>
>>146650955
>every fictional character who has sex is a self-insert irregardless of their complexity or character flaws.
>Bad Ends don't matter because I say so
>people want to self-insert into Shirou because he has a mutant arm that literally kills him
Convincing arguments. And the classic "Nasu said it!" as if it matters
>>
>>146650955
Are you responding to yourself? if not you do realize the person you responded to said shirou is a self insert the fuck?
>>
>>146650633
It's Spring.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
FSN is just bad. It's nice to troll Fatefags because they got so defensive about it, muh MC is not self insert! it's bad translation, yada yada yada. Le secondary boogeyman. Just admit it that it's not very good.

I like it as guilty pleasure, but it's not worth 70 hours of your time if you take it seriously as literary work. It's repetitive, has no nuance, has dumbass MC, and even dumber harem (Saber, Rin and Sakura all must have double digits IQ).

Carnival Phantasm and Prisma Ilya kind of lessen the pain. I legitimately think CP is one of the best anime ever made, sad that to understand the jokes you need to slog through 70 hours of mostly garbage repetitive VN

The series is at its best when it doesn't take itself seriously. Whenever it starts being serious it trips and falls on its face like pic related, le edgy wormsex, or spicy meme combat (how Gil jobbed through plot armor and got defeated everytime).
>>
>>146651238
>>every fictional character who has sex is a self-insert irregardless of their complexity or character flaws.
Having character flaws doesn't make him less of a self insert, it seems that you don't know what a self insert is.
>>Bad Ends don't matter because I say so
Bad ends don't matter because to complete the game you have to reach the final ends, when there's a thing called TRUE end who the fuck believes bad ends matter?

>>people want to self-insert into Shirou because he has a mutant arm that literally kills him
Just like every other Chunni that has a dragon sealed in their arm, yet chunnis love it.

> And the classic "Nasu said it!" as if it matters
How come it doesn't matter you retarded fuck? Shirou is written to be (You) by the author and he himself says so, of course he's a self insert.

Maybe you fuckers get so mad because you feel upset that i'm calling (You) a self insert because you self insert as Shirou-
>>
>>146652925
>admits to being bait in his bait
>>
>>146653149
>Believing falseflags

It's pretty obvious, fatefags do this all the time
>Someone says something
>Suddenly the entire thread is filled with "trolls" that can barely write

It's an obvious way so that everyone dismisses the people saying things as "bait"
>>
>>146653143
Why are you so up and arms about hammering Fatefags on Shirou being self insert? Some randos on the internet ain't gonna openly admit they're wrong on anonymous cambodian imageboard. Just let them be, that's like your opinion, man

This is why Fate thread is pretty much worst Naruto tier now.
>>
>>146653250
Do they? I honestly can't imagine anyone putting that much effort into defending their favorite chinese cartoon on an anonymous mongolian basket weaving board.
>>
>>146653143
It's not about flaws. Shirou is just unlikable by many at first, it's very hard to self insert.

It's irrelevant what Nasu says. Maybe it was his intention to make a self insert, but that doesn't mean he succeed. The end result is that Shirou is not a self instert for most VN readers.
>>
>>146653250
You did admit it was bait though...
>>
>>146653405
>it's very hard to self insert
But isn't like self-insert = "If I was put into his shoes I'd do this and that."?
>>
>>146653402
You haven't seen waifu threads.
>>
File: 1454723188247.jpg (765KB, 900x1308px) Image search: [Google]
1454723188247.jpg
765KB, 900x1308px
I like Shirou because he's a stupid mother fucker that fights for justice no matter what. He's a retard but you gotta respect his resolve.
>>
>>146653405
>It's not about flaws. Shirou is just unlikable by many at first,

Except he's not? Unless you think everyone is a cynical piece of shit? Shirou is a guy that wants to be a hero and save people.

Maybe muricans don't like that kind of characters because you faggots prefer someone like Kiritsugu but everyone else does.

> it's very hard to self insert.
Except it's not because he is literally (You) the story doesn't even advance unless you tell it to advance, (You) are the one that decides what Shirou does.

>It's irrelevant what Nasu says.
No it's not.

> Maybe it was his intention to make a self insert, but that doesn't mean he succeed.
Go tell the countless people that think Saber is "their" waifu because Shirou fucked her.

>The end result is that Shirou is not a self instert for most VN readers.
Except only some retards say he's not a self insert.

When talking about Fate VN people normally say "I did this" "I killed Gilgamesh" "I had to kill Saber" so on.
>>
He's the most uninteresting character of the whole series
>>
>>146653583
Of course. I avoid the things like the plague that they are.
>>
File: 30.jpg (383KB, 1200x1731px) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
383KB, 1200x1731px
>>146653615
>>
>>146653820
The ntr is better
>>
>>146653560
Yes, it's someone you relate to or aspire to be. The problem is that most VN readers (at least from what I'm reading in Western forums) tend to not like Shirou at first. It's only until UBW and HF (especially that route) that they like Shirou.

>>146653734
>Except he's not? Unless you think everyone is a cynical piece of shit? Shirou is a guy that wants to be a hero and save people.

It doesn't matter if he wants to be a hero. People see him as idiotic, even more than Goku. I think it's because other characters remind Shirou is wrong in a more serious tone and Shirou himself points out the flaws of his mentality.

And Shirou isn't even strong in the Fate route.

I'm not saying he can't be a self insert, but he's typically not one by most readers.

Kiritsugu is far more of a self insert, at least at first glance.

>Go tell the countless people that think Saber is "their" waifu because Shirou fucked her.
Well previous posts did claim "outside of the H scenes".

>Except it's not because he is literally (You) the story doesn't even advance unless you tell it to advance, (You) are the one that decides what Shirou does.
You're confusing first person point of view narrative and self inserting. Not the same thing. Tohsaka was the first POV in the prologue. Was the reader a self insert then?

>When talking about Fate VN people normally say "I did this" "I killed Gilgamesh" "I had to kill Saber" so on.
Bullshit, they don't. Stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>>146653820
>Rider, Sakura, and the maids' saggy tits
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>146653734
>but everyone else does.
no
>>
>>146653734
>cont.

>Except only some retards say he's not a self insert.
Well only retards view things only in terms of buzzwords. The average person isn't very bright but they're also not as obsessed with such dumb labels like you.
>>
>>146652925
>I legitimately think CP is one of the best anime ever made

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>146653884
Unfortunately. Fuck why does NTR have best art?
>>
File: 1472670456434.jpg (13KB, 280x318px) Image search: [Google]
1472670456434.jpg
13KB, 280x318px
>>146653734
>When talking about Fate VN people normally say "I did this" "I killed Gilgamesh" "I had to kill Saber" so on.
Holy shit
>>
>>146654046
>responding to bait
>>
File: i019.jpg (242KB, 829x1200px) Image search: [Google]
i019.jpg
242KB, 829x1200px
>>146639027
>Tsukihime and Fate are more about projecting yourself as the heroes, seeing through the eyes of Shiki and Shirou while experiencing adventurous scenarios, where the players should feel they have played a very fun game. Mahoutsukai no Yoru is played in the third person, the players can't project themselves onto any characters. They can't place their feelings on top of a character, but instead feel happy being in the position where they can over see the complicated story between the three main characters
>>
>>146654103
Where the fuck does he comes up with this bullshit? Even the lowest of the low of anime forums and boards don't have people claim that.
>>
>>146654166
>Anime forums
>While talking about a game

Good job there retard!

Learn to read.
>>
File: Confused_sword.jpg (27KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Confused_sword.jpg
27KB, 600x450px
>>146654018
>also not as obsessed with such dumb labels like you.
But i'm not the one that's obsessed.

You said
>Shirou is not a self insert
I told you that Nasu specifically said he IS a self insert and I added facts about why Shirou is a self insert, the story doesn't even advance unless you want it to, you choose what to do.

And you got buttmad because "muh MC can't be a self insert xdddd!!"

I have no idea why retarded fatefags get so upset about a character being a self insert, being a self insert doesn't mean that a character is bad, it just means that he's meant to be (You).

Now fuck off.
>>
>>146636170
this. If he calmed down a little with his speaking style and changed his voice actor he would be a fine protagonist.
>>
File: 1459218880399.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1459218880399.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>146649047
>Nasu made him to self insert, he himself said so.
Getting real tired of this bullshit.
>>
>>146654052
Sauce?
>>
>>146654344
>I told you that Nasu specifically said he IS a self insert
Source?

At this point "Nasu says ... " in Fate thread is akin to politicians saying "the American people want ..." It's practically a substitute to "In my opinion ... "
>>
>>146654344
/a/ is obsessed with labels
>haremshit
>moeshit
>fujoshit
>yurishit
>edgyshit
>waifushit
So on and on and on, that's why newfags don't want their characters/series to be tagged into any label, because they're terrified that anons in a mongolian board will mock them about it and that it would make their waifu or husbando lose credit.

Araragi didn't even have a face until the anime came out because of course you can't have a guy with no face as MC. Yet you won't see Monogatarifags saying that Araragi is a self insert, because they feel like it cheapens the character. Even MonMusu fags said that Darling wasn't a self insert when the guy isn't even called by his name 90% of the time and he doesn't have a fucking face either.

But it's just /a/ nobody has this problem, I mean Japanese don't care about this, /a/ is just paranoic.
>>
>>146654464
>>146654555
Some other anon already posted it here, might as well read the thread retard.
>>
File: 1472872248938.jpg (53KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472872248938.jpg
53KB, 800x600px
>>146654344
>a mentally ill high functioning sociopath with no self preservation instinct that canonically dies over 40 times across each universe is a self-insert
>>
>>146654576
>a character from a novel without images doesn't have a face
Really makes you think.
>>
>>146654643
>implying people choose the bad end to self insert
>>
>>146654640
>Some other anon already posted it here

There's not a single link posted. Greentexting something doesn't mean that you quoted
>>
>>146654643
>>a mentally ill high functioning sociopath
That's contradicted several times in the series, like when he shows love and worries for other characters. His hero persona is also contradicted by the way, like when he jokes about Ayako learning from being raped.

Even then, are you fucking with me? Chunnis love intelligent nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor characters(not that Shirou is like that), how the fuck can you say it would put them off that Shirou is mentally deficient when they LOVE mentally deficient characters?

You do realize Nasu himself is a maximum chunni right?
>t that canonically dies over 40 times across each universe is a self-insert
We've been over this already, Bad Ends are irrelevant literally every VN has them.

Fate/SN is no exception, to complete the game you have to get to the end where you're rewarded by True Ends, even when you die in Bad Ends a tiger dojo appears that says
>You fucked up, now go back and do

And no, posting "bait" pics doesn't make your opinion any better.
>>
this dude die for a ideal he will never reach
he's ok with that
>>
>>146654773
>The Secret of Mahoutsukai no Yoru's Birth

>Published in TYPE-MOON Ace 2
>>
>>146654643
Self inserters doesn't go on bad end and said "yep that's it, route's over." They reload the game and pick the other option.

It's the same deal with any game with character creation and player avatar. You died probably hundreds of times first time playing Dark Souls. Still doesn't detract from the fact that your silent protagonist player avatar is a self insert medium.

"Bad end" arguments hold no merit in determining whether a character is a self insert or not - that's just the virtue of the VN medium being akin to video game.
>>
>>146654872
STILL
>There's not a single link posted. Greentexting something doesn't mean that you quoted
Sorry I don't read moon.
>>
>>146654703
LNs have illustrations senpai. In case you didn't know.
>>
>>146654931
Monogatari isn't an LN, and it doesn't have illustrations in between pages like LNs do. Only covers.
>>
>>146654929
>STILL
>There's not a single link posted. Greentexting something doesn't mean that you quoted

I gave you the issue where it's published, what more do you want me to do? Is it that hard for EoPs to find a translation even knowing the Title of the issue?
>>
File: 3.png (272KB, 1390x715px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
272KB, 1390x715px
>>146654998
And by the way if there was interest the main character would appear in the covers, of course he doesn't since what the series sells is waifus.
>>
>>146654809
Serious question, why are you getting so animated about hammering the "self-insert" thing?

Say the Fatefags are wrong, what do you gain from it? The VN doesn't become any less better/worse.

The VN is not legitimately good to begin with, FSN is basically Chuunibyo Urban Teenage Adventure. Is it wrong to have a self insert MC on Chuunibyo Urban Teenage Adventure?
>>
>>146655172
>Serious question, why are you getting so animated about hammering the "self-insert" thing?
Is this some sort of "umad" bait? I already replied to you >>146654344

You're the one obsessed over Shirou not being a self insert, I'm just telling you that he is. Actually nevermind i'm not repeating things I've already said

>Say the Fatefags are wrong, what do you gain from it? The VN doesn't become any less better/worse.
Did I say anything about the VN getting worse or getting better? In fact I told you that him being a self insert doesn't make him bad, just makes him a self insert.

>The VN is not legitimately good to begin with, FSN is basically Chuunibyo Urban Teenage Adventure. Is it wrong to have a self insert MC on Chuunibyo Urban Teenage Adventure?

Read above, stop putting words in my mouth.
>>
>>146655162
>English Wikipedia as source
Embarrassing. This is the initial line on the Japanese one: 「〈物語〉シリーズ」(モノガタリシリーズ)は、『化物語』(バケモノガタリ)を始めとする、西尾維新による小説シリーズ。

Kodansha Box is publishes regular novels in a fancy tankoubon format, not light novels; why did you underline it? In addition, it doesn’t include any images in-between pages, which is one of the aspects that sets apart a light novel from other formats. It isn't an LN.
>>
>>146634244
>Current year
>There still isnt a:How to be Shirou Emiya wikihow guide
>>
File: Fate_Extra_Prologus_09.png (61KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
Fate_Extra_Prologus_09.png
61KB, 480x272px
>>146655254
>Trying to convince fatefags
You do realize that this is the same people that say the MC from Extra is not the player?
>>
>>146655341
>That time when Pokemonfags got incredibly mad because someone said the "choose boy or girl" is a self insert

kek
>>
>>146655298
One of the aspects. Thanks for agreeing

And again
>And by the way if there was interest the main character would appear in the covers, of course he doesn't since what the series sells is waifus.

I'm not interested in this dicussion by the way, try to get someone else hooked in your bait. See ya
>>
>>146654643
Oh just like your average self-insert harem protags?
>>
>>146655525
Really? Where?
>>
>>146655254
I'm not the same guy you're referring to.

Actually I sort of agree with you in that Shirou is for sure intended to be self insert, but a badly executed one especially for the western audience. He had too much monologue and (bad) characterization in him. I think of him as failed self insert, and hence a bad character amongst decent to great characters in a very flawed but still enjoyable VN.

However you seems to be super gung ho about forcing the "self-insert" label onto this particular character. What you do is just shit up Fate thread even more. People's perception are different, some people self insert to fuck the waifus, some people don't self insert and content with Shirou's character, some people like me think he's a bad character amongst great cast of other supporting characters. Forcing your opinion and making some anon in chinese imageboard acknowledge you doesn't yield in anything insightful other than shitting up Fate thread even further
>>
>>146655563
>>
File: The Last Episode.jpg (330KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
The Last Episode.jpg
330KB, 1280x1024px
Best ending for best boy.
>>
Do people know the difference between self inserting and wish fulfillment?
>>
>>146655637
I'm not really forcing my opinion, i'm just giving facts and posting what the author said.

Take it or leave, I don't particularly care. By the way, Nasu doesn't write for westerners.
>>
>>146639027
I actually see myself to Shirou.
>>
File: BJEuu.jpg (126KB, 800x576px) Image search: [Google]
BJEuu.jpg
126KB, 800x576px
>>146655652
I think it cheapens the Fate route ending.

It's like Romeo and Juliet, b-but then they lived happily forever after in Valhalla.
>>
File: 010.png (436KB, 782x1104px) Image search: [Google]
010.png
436KB, 782x1104px
>>146655563
>>
File: Rider40th.jpg (278KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Rider40th.jpg
278KB, 1600x900px
>>146639027
I don't particularly self insert but I can relate with Shirou a lot, and agree with most of what he does.

Also remember that the main theme about his ideal is not about muh trauma, like Shirou says there is literally nothing wrong with wanting to save people. Sure his particular mindset comes from a bizarre situation but that situation is irrelevant, you can help people without being like that, because it doesn't change the fact that helping people is a good thing.

Why are some people here acting like his character is supposed to shit on idealism? it's not, read the VN.
>>
>>146655733
I'm guessing not then.
>>
>>146655733
No they don't, that's why there's people getting so upset about Shirou being called a self insert.

They think it's a wish fulfillment(like that Re:Monster guy, or the spider, or the demon lord that rapes girls) and they get mad. Like I said here >>146654576 /a/ newfags are obsessed with labels and don't know what something is but they defend their favorite stuff because they're terrified that the series will lose credit.
>>
>>146655760
>Nasu doesn't write for westerners.

Hence the disconnect. You're arguing that Shirou's a self insert, while the majority people here are westerners who can't self insert as Shirou because they're not the Japanese highschoolgoers target audience; and hence all you guys been talking past each other.
>>
>>146655831
I think the two endings work well together.
>>
>>146655954
And by the way, I don't self insert because It's impossible to me to pretend to be some fictional guy.

But have you seen Fate core fanbase? Japanese Otaku are literally insane, particularly Saberfags. They're crazy and they think Saber loves them because she loves Shirou. This is the main audiencr for Fate, this people is who T-M writes for.

I mean you do realize that people self insert as Shiki, a guy that got his entire family butchered in front of his eyes just because the guy fucks hot girls and has a "bad" side even when Shiki himself doesn't want to be like that? I mean the guy is terrified of losing it, he just wants to live in peace having fun with friends, enjoy life and all that. He suffers greatly from his special snowflake circumstances yet people still self insert as him
>>
Every protagonist in history is a self insert.
>>
>>146656042
I'm not going to repeat what I already said a dozen times because you cherrypick a new line and try to expand on it because you have no other way of proving your point.

Take it or leave it, I don't care.
>>
>>146656161
Based on the definitions in this thread, pretty much. If protagonists as developed and defined as Shirou can be "self inserts" literally all of them can
>>
>>146656225
Nasu:
> Tsukihime and Fate are more about projecting yourself as the heroes, seeing through the eyes of Shiki and Shirou while experiencing adventurous scenarios, where the players should feel they have played a very fun game. Mahoutsukai no Yoru is played in the third person, the players can't project themselves onto any characters. They can't place their feelings on top of a character, but instead feel happy being in the position where they can over see the complicated story between the three main characters. To be happy not only about a particular character, but about the world view, this is how I intend it to be.
>>
Just admit Fate is garbage and move on. This series is dead anyhow. Popularity is at an all time low thanks to UBW. No one cares about whether or not Shirou is an acceptable MC or not.
>>
>>146656225
If you think Shirou is some sort of super written character then you're fucking stupid. Keep reading one piece or whatever you think it's "good"
>>
>>146656268
So first person narrative=self insert
>>
>>146656289
>Poster count doesn't go up

see >>146653250

Now stop falseflagging, we get that you want people to believe everything is "bait" but please don't be so blatant.
>>
>>146656289
>dead
>Grand Order
>Fate musou
>>
File: 1441549977609.png (252KB, 668x981px) Image search: [Google]
1441549977609.png
252KB, 668x981px
>>146656299
Hello, secondary.
>>
>>146656321
>> Tsukihime and Fate are more about projecting yourself as the heroes

>projecting yourself as the heroes
>projecting yourself

While in mahoyo you can only be happy for the characters in Fate you project yourself onto a character, while in Mahoyo you can't place your feelings on top of a character in Fate you're supposed to do that.

Please stop being stupid.
>>
>>146655652
How would Shirou react if it was Adult Arturia?
>>
>>146656362
>That pic
Every time I'm reminded that CookingPriest is still alive I die a little inside.
>>
>>146656389
>Mahoutsukai no Yoru is played in the third person, the players can't project themselves onto any characters
>third person
>players can't project
>third person=players can't project

>first person=players can project

Don't be retarded anon.
>>
>>146656362
Shirou's a shit self insert protag from porn VN. No shit he doesn't adapt well into anime. There's a reason every Fate adaptation with Shirou as lead is shit. Stripped off his self insert capability (VN giving you illusion of choice making it easier to self insert), Shirou's a shit.
>>
>>146656439
Are you saying people project in FPS's then?
>>
File: 1438993818496.png (172KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1438993818496.png
172KB, 1252x1252px
>>146656454
>>
File: 1321549977609.png (743KB, 1200x640px) Image search: [Google]
1321549977609.png
743KB, 1200x640px
>>146656362
>Cooking Priest
>>
>>146656457
It's the ultimate projection, you control every move of that person. The only thing higher would be VR.
>>
ITT: retards who think first person PoV and self insert are synonymous
>>
>>146656454
See >>146656335
>>146653250

You're not trying man.
>>
>>146656454
>porn
Why do normalfags try to use that as an insult?
>>
>>146656161
The Jojos aren't.
>>
>>146656560
Yes they are.
>>
>>146656439
>They can't place their feelings on top of a character
>Place their feelings on top of a character

And
>Should I run or Should I save Saber?
>Stop being a hero
>Be a hero
>Go check what Sakura is doing or stay here
>>
File: 1472054834008.gif (233KB, 241x199px) Image search: [Google]
1472054834008.gif
233KB, 241x199px
>>146656503
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>146656595
And?
>>
>>146656560
Jotaro is a powerfantasy. The others are not, maybe.
>>
>>146656560
They are.
>>
>>146656618
>Tsukihime and Fate are more about projecting yourself as the heroes
>YOU project as the hero
>YOU do what you want the hero to do
>>
>>146655341
Fucking retard, play CCC.
OH wait, you can't because you are EOP. Sasuga
>>
>>146656546

Because they're not far off from being right.
>>
File: 1470806500776.png (261KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470806500776.png
261KB, 600x400px
>>146656573
>>146656649
>Jojos are self-insert
>Shirou Isn't

>>146656633
>powerfanatsy
>All jojos died except Joseph

Fatefags are fucking delusional holy shit.
>>
>>146656705
Are you planning on making a point anytime or what?
>>
>>146656749
Fuck the /v/ermin are here.
>>
>>146656726
Sex is something inherent to most good literature, the "sex magic" in FSN dates back to The Odyssey, only teenagers who only watch anime think it's an insult.

>>146656749
Shirou is more developed than ever Jojo combined, and dies over 40 times in over 40 universes. Read the VN.
>>
>>146656749
I told you that Jotaro is a powerfantasy.
>>
File: 1470251014335.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1470251014335.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>146656809
>Shirou is more developed than ever Jojo combined, and dies over 40 times in over 40 universes. Read the VN.
Not this shit again....
>>
File: 1464447892142.png (76KB, 890x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464447892142.png
76KB, 890x960px
>this thread
>>
>>146656809
Sex in Fate except for HF are badly written. It seemed like Nasu didn't even bother to make it readable, he just outsource it to your generic h-writer. The writing quality takes a deep plunge and that amount of juvenile writing has no place even in an already goofy universe.

>muh 40 times dead argument again
Get fucked self inserter
>>
>>146655831
The Fate route ending is unreasonably cruel, though. She may not have become a true heroic spirit, but she's still cursed to live forever according to her legend. Never even being granted the mercy of death so that she could find some measure of happiness in the afterlife. Instead forced into an indefinite slumber until the world needs her to be its champion once more. It's almost the same deal EMIYA has, minus the tedious grunt work that drove him mad.
>>
File: 1430156746922.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1430156746922.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>146656809
>>146656891
>>146656960
You all suck.
>>
>>146656959
It's not even clear who's baiting who now.
>>
File: 12040589827.jpg (38KB, 488x488px) Image search: [Google]
12040589827.jpg
38KB, 488x488px
>>146634244
>deep and interesting
laugh my ass out
>>
File: 1472872310271.jpg (80KB, 1000x769px) Image search: [Google]
1472872310271.jpg
80KB, 1000x769px
>>146656960
>this entire post
>>
>>146657036
Just fucking kill yourself...
>>
>>146657116
Why? Fate is pretentious garbage. Prove me wrong. Oh wait, you can't.
>>
File: 1472870058374.jpg (255KB, 1500x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1472870058374.jpg
255KB, 1500x1126px
I like Shirou.
>>
>>146656749
>>146656891
Jojos don't actually get good development. Jotaro is autistic punching man from start to finish.
>>
>>146656968
I thought just because the legend says so doesn't mean she's literally kept in limbo forever. At the end of Fate route she was allowed to die peacefully, she was granted the mercy of death. Hence her saying "I've had a wonderful dream," and then close her eyes presumably forever and died peacefully.

Logistically it doesn't make sense. Just because there's magic doesn't mean Nasuverse can escape biology and 2nd law of thermodynamics. Some legends are you know, just legends. So say she fell into "slumber" under that tree near Camlan. Then what happens? She sleeps for 800 years undisturbed? Her physical body ain't gonna rot away? Or did one of her knights bury her, and her physical body rot away but she's gonna wake up from her slumber as spooky skeleton?
>>
>>146656960
>Pretending you played Fate in Japanese.
>Proving again you don't know how the Nasuverse multiverse operates
Please tell me this is bait

>>146657147
Just because your IQ is too low doesn't makes it pretentious, retard
>>
File: 1448615920937.jpg (34KB, 200x378px) Image search: [Google]
1448615920937.jpg
34KB, 200x378px
>>146657153
I do too. I hate this thread and Cooking Priest.
>>
>>146657153
Nice bait retard who could possibly like a character with amazing development and exploration of themes like idealism
>>
>>146657196
>>Pretending you played Fate in Japanese.
How am I pretending to play Fate in Japanese?

>Proving again you don't know how the Nasuverse multiverse operates
I know "all endings are canon" yada2. It has been discussed in this thread by multitudes of other anons. Bad endings doesn't mean shit and only add faux depth to the series.
>>
File: 1436503572218.png (250KB, 692x487px) Image search: [Google]
1436503572218.png
250KB, 692x487px
The only one I like more than Shirou is Illya. R8 my taste guys.
>>
>>146657284
I wish I could help you, but I fear there's no fixing stupid.
>>
Viewed with the right light, Fate/Stay Night is a deep and insightful examination about the nature of heroism from the perspective of various cultures, the consequences of hero worship, and the costs of performing the role of a savior.
However, Nasu's prose is dry, repetitious, honestly rather pretentious. What he has to say is interesting, but the way he says it is exhausting.
>>
>>146657196
>Just because your IQ is too low doesn't makes it pretentious, retard
There's nothing intelligent in this series so IQ in't required. Probably why you like it so much. You also haven't proven how Fate isn't pretentious trash.
>>
>>146657354
Nasu really loves stylistic furigana and has a talent for effectively using furigana to give sentences multiple meanings and nuances. I don't think any of the current translations of his stuff really convey this, but then again I'm not sure if it's even possible to adapt this to English sensibly...

>>146657387
This is bait
>>
>>146657354
I thought it's about chuuni wish fulfillment adventure with legendary figures because the author is too lazy to write donut steel OC, it's King Arthur but actually a qti3.14 girl slapped onto the self insert MC, called him 'mastah and obey all of his command.
>>
File: 1470341490637.jpg (986KB, 970x5193px) Image search: [Google]
1470341490637.jpg
986KB, 970x5193px
>>146657424
Of course you thought that, your IQ is too low to understand the themes and nuances.
>>
>>146657424
Are you 12?
>>
>>146656809

People generally tend to remember Homer for other things aside from awkwardly-written rendezvous, and visual novels aren't really well-known for good writing.
>>
>>146657424
What you think is mostly incorrect.
Artoria is actually a very solid analysis of King Arthur's myth. Nasu clearly read a japanese version of Le Morte D'Arthur cover to cover, probably several times. Some parts are glossed over, but other than the girlpussy, she's pretty accurate. King Arthur is a pretty genderless legend to begin with, since was a beardless boy king who avoided sex (due to a prophecy that he'd be slain by his own son).

Now, Gilgamesh is a total OC who takes nothing from his legend.
>>
>>146657490
Sturgeon's law.
>>
>>146657497
Gilgamesh is Frieza meets Izaya.
>>
File: PfW32FM.jpg (36KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
PfW32FM.jpg
36KB, 1000x600px
>>146657467
>>
>>146657406
How? Tell me how Fate is this nuanced masterpiece. I'm wiling to hear a sane rational explanation. Not, "Ur just 2 stupidz. Hurr Durr."
>>
>>146657531
>Sturgeon's law

And that excuses Nasu not giving a shit?
>>
>>146657592
Nobody said Fate was a masterpiece you sperg.
>>
>>146657592
An amazing story with the best magic worldbuilding (that is even more expanded with the other stories from Type-Moon), very layered storytelling broken in 3 routes, where each one introduces plot points, characterization and foreshadowing for the twists that appear in the next, and each route is focused on different aspects. It's a story that exceeds in having tons of well-written twists (you MUST play the routes in order and also look at the Servants' stats to understand their abilities, otherwise you may be thinking there are asspulls), great themes of altruism, justice, giving a meaning to life, morality, what is evil (in a unique execution, you'll know what I mean in Heavens Feel), redemption, responsibility, etc., and all the important characters are excellent, although only some of them are fleshed out immediately in the first route, most take time. The fights are amazing and well detailed, and the effects and soundtrack are impressive. And of course the use of interactive elements, with many choices that lead to unexpected and revelatory bad ends
>>
>>146657678

It's the insinuation that matters.

Like people telling him to kill himself because he doesn't think it's deep, or belittling him because he's apparently too dumb to understand it.
>>
>>146657626
Bro.. you said "visual novels aren't really well-known for good writing", when it's no different from any media form in good to bad ratio.
>>
>>146656503
This fucking faggot, I swear to god.
>>
>>146657877
Fuck you too.
>>
>>146657736

Yeah, that doesn't excuse it either. "Oh, almost everything is of low quality anyway, according to this decades-old statement, therefore we shouldn't care about quality at all!"

Heaven forbid anyone gets the idea of looking for something of substance and effort, have useless novellas of technobabble inserted into what should be gripping fight scenes and a borderline self-insert fucking a genderbent King Arthur because the otaku crowd must be catered for.
>>
>>146657896
Did you like UBW by that hack Miura?
>>
>>146657896
Tell me Fai, do you think Shirou is self insert or not?
>>
>>146657906
I haven't read Fate Stay/Night, quit putting words into my mouth.
>>
>>146657698
Nice copypasta, m8.
>>
File: 1472885669715.png (274KB, 1086x655px) Image search: [Google]
1472885669715.png
274KB, 1086x655px
>>146657906
>useless novellas of technobabble
>borderline self-insert
>>
>>146657896
Why are you such a fucking faggot?

Do you do it on purpose? I mean those quotes, the RWBY pics and all that. It's on purpose right?
>>
File: 314234234141.png (83KB, 668x484px) Image search: [Google]
314234234141.png
83KB, 668x484px
>people think posting bait images means you didn't take the bait
>>
>>146658060

Well, what, am I wrong?

A solid refutation would be nice, instead of you using the same image twice in one thread as a retort, and if it isn't the same poster it's still sad because you can think of nothing better to do than imitate.
>>
File: 1445727215657.png (104KB, 1000x476px) Image search: [Google]
1445727215657.png
104KB, 1000x476px
>>146658136
You got your refutation here bait kun >>146657497
>>
File: 11 - JwwCzDP.png (825KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
11 - JwwCzDP.png
825KB, 960x720px
>not self inserting as Seibah
>>
>>146658259
That would be easier since she had no personality at all
>>
File: A bunch of Shirous.jpg (665KB, 5078x2952px) Image search: [Google]
A bunch of Shirous.jpg
665KB, 5078x2952px
This image is outdated since Archer is a confirmed Saberfag, but who is your favorite Shirou?
>>
>>146658172

Yeah, the most of that is fellating Nasu through exaggeration and not referring to anything of substance except for a readily accessible supposition about King Arthur, so forgive me if I ignore it entirely.
>>
File: 1472374856620.jpg (77KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472374856620.jpg
77KB, 640x480px
>>146658302
>>
File: Shirou and Saber.jpg (252KB, 733x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Shirou and Saber.jpg
252KB, 733x1044px
>>146658295
Forgot to mention, my favorite is Fate Shirou.
>>
>>146658295
None, because he's a fucking faggot.
>>
>>146658136
>A solid refutation would be nice
It's filled of buzzwords buzzwords and opinions stated as facts.

For example
>great themes of altruism, justice, giving a meaning to life, morality, what is evil (in a unique execution, you'll know what I mean in Heavens Feel), redemption, responsibility, etc
None of those themed are done with a single hint of nuance, despite how wordy each routes are

>The fights are amazing and well detailed
Again opinions. Fight scenes are full of plot armor and hax. For example, Avalon out of nowhere being the ultimate defense that cannot be penetrated as literal last minute powerup.

> And of course the use of interactive elements, with many choices that lead to unexpected and revelatory bad ends

>And of course the use of interactive elements, with many choices that lead to unexpected and revelatory bad ends
Bad ends are arbitrary. Are you supposed to follow your ideal, or follow your brain? Half of the time, you get bad end by following your brain & logic, e.g. not jumping onto fights between servants. The other half of the time, it's completely arbitrary. For example, what did following Saber vs. Rider fight had to do with whether Ilya just kidnap you, or straight up murder you the next day? Literally no connection, arbitrary choice for the sake of giving bad ends.
>>
File: 1472872371793.jpg (204KB, 1220x614px) Image search: [Google]
1472872371793.jpg
204KB, 1220x614px
>>146658365
>None of those themed are done with a single hint of nuance
>Fight scenes are full of plot armor and hax. For example, Avalon
>Bad ends are arbitrary
>>
>>146658447

You know, if you pretended to give a shit in your work when responding, maybe you'd be taken seriously.

But then, you like a series where the creator thought he could make mad dosh by swapping the genders of historical figures and thumbing through a thesaurus every time he wrote a paragraph, and look what happened, so I guess the lack of effort is infectious.
>>
lmao fatefag anally butblasted
>>
File: 1472375863189.jpg (53KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472375863189.jpg
53KB, 800x600px
>>146658499
>>146658517
>>
File: FIG-MOE-1676_01.jpg (65KB, 519x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIG-MOE-1676_01.jpg
65KB, 519x800px
>>146658288
Pic related has more personality than Seybah. Same VA too.
>>
File: 1472375863183.png (51KB, 982x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472375863183.png
51KB, 982x720px
>>146658499
>>
>>146658365
>Again opinions. Fight scenes are full of plot armor and hax. For example, Avalon out of nowhere being the ultimate defense that cannot be penetrated as literal last minute powerup.
Haha what the fuck?
The sheath of Excalibur makes its holder invincible in battle, Merlin says it's worth ten times more than the almighty blade that guarantees victory for its wielder.
The only reason King Arthur lost the battle of Camlann is because Excalibur's sheath got stolen, Arthurian mythology is dead serious about that. Holding the sheath = being hurt is impossible. Nasu didn't even make that up.

And if you think it's somehow an asspull that Shirou had Avalon, well, you're just wrong. It was hinted throughout the entire story before Saber was even summoned.
>>
>>146658606
WHY WOULD YOU RESPOND TO BAIT
>>
>>146658632
Because Fatefags are incredibly insecure and must defend their Bibl- I mean VN even if they know it's out to provoke them
>>
File: 000.gif (3KB, 48x48px) Image search: [Google]
000.gif
3KB, 48x48px
>>146658632
Because it's 3:30 AM, I'm about to get hit by a tropical storm, and my life is devoid of meaning.
>>
File: yZ8KQ5B.png (36KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
yZ8KQ5B.png
36KB, 640x960px
>>146658700
>>
>>146658632

>Anything that isn't relentless praise and dick-sucking is bait

Is this the world we live in now?
>>
>tfw started reading the Epic of Gilgamesh
I can only picture him as the cocky fucker from this series
>>
File: 1436314137409.png (137KB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
1436314137409.png
137KB, 1344x756px
>>146658895
>>
>>146641283
>H-scenes are canon and RN is not canon btw
What makes you so sure of that, anon? Plain curiosity.
>>
>>146657179
Because of the legend of the One and Future King, Saber stays in Avalon as long as she is willing to bear the king's duty. Merlin says she can quit because the world no longer needs kings, but in the Last Episode she chooses to stay there waiting for Shirou.

>>146655831
I don't think it cheapens the end, but then again I do love happy endings. Due to the nature of the Nasuverse, you can still look at RN and original as two very similar routes with a different ending. And Saber was the only heroine not to get a happy ending. Rin gets two, Sakura gets one, but Saber got none.
>>
>>146658606
>My spicy meme is stronger than yours

Didn't they say that every NP had their ancestor? How Gil hax through Excalibur because he had an older sword that was the precursor to Excalibur legend? Then how come Gil doesn't have Excalibur sheath on his own? Excalibur sheath gonna be derived from something.

Also does Avalon not take mana? In the beginning Saber could only use her NP once before collapsing. By the final day she does Excalibur, Avalon up, then Excalibur again.

Here's another one. Saber avoided Gaebolg, spear that reverses causality through luck. The point of reversing causality is that it cannot be evaded through luck. Okay say that everything is DnD dice roll and saber managed to RNG'd her way out of Gaebolg. How come Gil could survive Gaebolg? Nasu overwrite the "reversing causality" bullshit, and had to asspul his way out of it cause otherwise there will be no story.

Finally, Herc's God Hand. He got killed by Excalibur 7 times over. That's not how lives work. The point of having multiple lives is that you only get killed once despite it being overkill. Say Herc got magic' nuked. He would still only lose 1 life. Again Nasu overwrote the "13 lives" and at the end had to asspull "killed 7 times over." Think about it, say you're Mario and got 1UP to 7 lives. If you fall into a lava, do you lose all 7 lives because the lava technically could kill you 7 times over? No, that's not how lives work.

Fate combat is just hax left and right depending on plot requirements. How about when Saber got her ass kicked by Kuzuki? Where's her A rank instinct or luck or whatever that allows her to dodge Gaebolg?

Fate a fucking shit
>>
>>146659024
>Because of the legend of the One and Future King, Saber stays in Avalon as long as she is willing to bear the king's duty. Merlin says she can quit because the world no longer needs kings, but in the Last Episode she chooses to stay there waiting for Shirou.

It doesn't answer where does her physical body go though. Also to Avalon? I thought Avalon is a mystical realm in Nasuverse, and not a physical island like in Arthurian legend. Then what happens to her physical body? Did it rot away? Did someone bury her?
>>
>>146654929
>Sorry I don't read moon.

Then fuck off from the franchise fucking secondary.
>>
File: lyMZQGm.jpg (147KB, 1280x900px) Image search: [Google]
lyMZQGm.jpg
147KB, 1280x900px
>>146659029
>Didn't they say that every NP had their ancestor? How Gil hax through Excalibur because he had an older sword that was the precursor to Excalibur legend? Then how come Gil doesn't have Excalibur sheath on his own? Excalibur sheath gonna be derived from something.
Read the VN
>Also does Avalon not take mana? In the beginning Saber could only use her NP once before collapsing. By the final day she does Excalibur, Avalon up, then Excalibur again.
Read the VN
>Here's another one. Saber avoided Gaebolg, spear that reverses causality through luck. The point of reversing causality is that it cannot be evaded through luck. Okay say that everything is DnD dice roll and saber managed to RNG'd her way out of Gaebolg. How come Gil could survive Gaebolg? Nasu overwrite the "reversing causality" bullshit, and had to asspul his way out of it cause otherwise there will be no story.
Read the VN
>Finally, Herc's God Hand. He got killed by Excalibur 7 times over. That's not how lives work. The point of having multiple lives is that you only get killed once despite it being overkill. Say Herc got magic' nuked. He would still only lose 1 life. Again Nasu overwrote the "13 lives" and at the end had to asspull "killed 7 times over." Think about it, say you're Mario and got 1UP to 7 lives. If you fall into a lava, do you lose all 7 lives because the lava technically could kill you 7 times over? No, that's not how lives work.
Read the VN
>Fate combat is just hax left and right depending on plot requirements. How about when Saber got her ass kicked by Kuzuki? Where's her A rank instinct or luck or whatever that allows her to dodge Gaebolg?
Read the VN
>>
>>146658961
Some people don't like that RN changed a bit of stuff to remove the H for console release, even though everything is canon and the only reason H was there in the first place was to get the eroge crowd since Type Moon was still very small.

>>146659029
Avalon has no ancestor because it's the first one of it's kind, made by fairies and given to Saber. Excalibur itself has no ancestor, unless you consider Caliburn to be it, or the Sword in the Tree of northern mithos to be a precursor to both.
>>
>>146659105
I honestly do not know.

Avalon is a physical place in a different dimension, and Merlin entered it while alive from our would.

On the other hand both Saber and Shirou are dead in Avalon.
>>
>>146659134
Nice falseflagging mr secondary.
>>
>>146659134

Maybe he doesn't feel like sifting through garbage to find flakes of gold.
>>
>>146659134
Thanks for proving my point fatebabby
>>
File: 1472375828171.png (73KB, 799x732px) Image search: [Google]
1472375828171.png
73KB, 799x732px
>>146659221
>>146659255
>>146659269
>>
>>146659311

Yeah, I'm well aware you're not going to stop doing this but I must ask, do you have a bank of these saved specifically for whenever your beloved VN does not find itself adored, or whenever you're on the end of a losing argument?
>>
File: Bear.jpg (69KB, 638x540px) Image search: [Google]
Bear.jpg
69KB, 638x540px
>>146659311
>I have no argument, only dank memes
Here have a smug biyori, also best girl
>>
>>146659029
Read the novel you fucking elementary.
>>
File: 1436533860604.png (47KB, 800x655px) Image search: [Google]
1436533860604.png
47KB, 800x655px
>>146659398
>>146659406
>>
File: 1436901832410.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1436901832410.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>146659406
>>
>>146659217
>On the other hand both Saber and Shirou are dead in Avalon.

The only explanation is that Last Episode is just old Shirou having seizures and hallucination of his waifu as he's twitching on his death bed.

In the original she got to fuck Saber, and could die in peace.

In RN, he died a virgin got cockblocked by Japanese rating agency, hence he's seizuring and hallucinating about his waifu as he cough and grasp for his last breath on his deathbed.
>>
Post more bait edits
>>
File: 1af.jpg (103KB, 680x771px) Image search: [Google]
1af.jpg
103KB, 680x771px
>>146659493
>>146659420
>>146659406
>>146659311
>>146659134
>>146658950
>>
>>146659029
Read the goddamn VN you mouth fucking breathing retard. Every goddamn time with you secondary dumbasses. Avoid the anime; read the VN. Is that hard?
>>
Fate is bad
>>
>>146659603
I read the VN, never watched any anime other than CP.

Can you please enlighten me rather than pulling muh secondary boogeyman? How did Excalibur kill God hand 7 times over in one strike? Was it explained anywhere?
>>
File: kIgSukE.png (156KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
kIgSukE.png
156KB, 625x626px
>>146659621
>>
>>146657251
>you can't save everyone so just save people around you instead

It's cliche as fuck.
>>
File: 1440691547747.png (982KB, 806x1176px) Image search: [Google]
1440691547747.png
982KB, 806x1176px
>>146659029
>>
>>146659029
>Didn't they say that every NP had their ancestor? How Gil hax through Excalibur because he had an older sword that was the precursor to Excalibur legend? Then how come Gil doesn't have Excalibur sheath on his own? Excalibur sheath gonna be derived from something.
Most, not all. Avalon and Excalibur are custom creations of the planet and Gil only has that which was made by human ingenuity.
>Also does Avalon not take mana? In the beginning Saber could only use her NP once before collapsing. By the final day she does Excalibur, Avalon up, then Excalibur again.
The exact opposite: Avalon GIVES her mana. It increases her magical reservoir. Its cost is negative!
>Here's another one. Saber avoided Gaebolg, spear that reverses causality through luck. The point of reversing causality is that it cannot be evaded through luck. Okay say that everything is DnD dice roll and saber managed to RNG'd her way out of Gaebolg. How come Gil could survive Gaebolg? Nasu overwrite the "reversing causality" bullshit, and had to asspul his way out of it cause otherwise there will be no story.
It's an in-universe law of magic that sufficient magical energy will counter other magical energy sources. While Gae Bolg has a lot of magical energy concentrated to a fine point, it can still be blocked by a shield with enough magical energy to counteract the powerful fate-inverting curse.
>Finally, Herc's God Hand. He got killed by Excalibur 7 times over. That's not how lives work.
Yes it is. End of line.
>Think about it, say you're Mario and got 1UP to 7 lives
Wrong context. Don't think of it like Mario, think of it like Pokemon. Imagine Herc to have a life bar 12 times longer than normal and each time one empties he has to spend a turn standing still to revive. If you hit him super-duper-hard, you can blast through several life bars at once.
>>
>>146659708
The VN doesn't explain how a single strike of Excalibur can kill Godhand 7 times over. It just does.

I know why Lancer doesn't Gaebolg everyone, he's on scout mission from Kirei. But he had no excuse of not Gaebolging Gil at the end of Fate route. Saber had no excuse being able to dodge Bolg with her A rank instinct, but getting rektd by Kuzuki.

Again as I said, I literally never watched any of the anime except for Carnival Phantasm
>>
>>146659654
i wasn't baiting
>>
>>146659725
>Imagine Herc to have a life bar 12 times longer than normal
That's like your opinion man, it wasn't described like that in the VN. If so then it's not an NP, it's just a fucking bloated health bar. How come he could recover from being fatally wounded by Archer one at the time, but not through Excalibur? Say getting stabbed through the skull by Archer. That should kill you any times over however you want, similar to getting Excalibur'd.
>>
>>146649047
>"""""""""average""""""""

Is this from /pol/ or /int/? If it is from /pol/ then go kill yourself.
>>
File: 1442073868025.png (50KB, 850x766px) Image search: [Google]
1442073868025.png
50KB, 850x766px
>>146659819
>>
>>146659793
>The VN doesn't explain how a single strike of Excalibur can kill Godhand 7 times over. It just does.
Because that's just how the revival curse works. If you've been killed so dead that revival would leave you still dead, That's multiple lives lost.
Also it's Caliburn not Excalibur.
>But he had no excuse of not Gaebolging Gil at the end of Fate route
He has to get into a certain range to use Gae Bolg and Gil can keep him out of that range.
>Saber had no excuse being able to dodge Bolg with her A rank instinct, but getting rektd by Kuzuki.
Instinct didn't help with Gae Bolg, her luck did. Instinct told her what was happening but that didn't actually affect the outcome.
Meanwhile Instinct is what allowed her to survive Kuzuki at all, Kuzuki would have crunched her skull in without it. Kuzuki is deadly as fuck in his proper ambush-assassination paradigm.
>>
>>146659725
>The exact opposite: Avalon GIVES her mana. It increases her magical reservoir. Its cost is negative!

Muh special late minute powerup literally has no downside, super duper spicy plot armor McGuffin meme. Anyone with a fork and Avalon could keep spamming Avalon and beat Gil eventually as Gil needs to sleep, shit, and take a piss. And fatebabby consider this good writing
>>
>>146658295
>Archer
>Saberfag
What?
>>
>>146659894
>That should kill you any times over however you want,
No, that'd kill you once. Once the wound is undone, nothing is killing you further.
>similar to getting Excalibur'd.
Once the energy to undo being killed by Excalibur once is gone, there's still a whole lot more Excalibur energy burning into you. He's basically reviving and dying immediately multiple times in a row.

What would be comparable is stabbing him in the skull and stirring the blade around repeatedly, but nobody's done that. He'd probably catch and squish anyone who dares to remain so close.
>>
>>146659961
>This mythological story following mythology is plot armor!!!
We were done here ten posts ago but I'm double done here now.
>>
File: 1439613921668.png (73KB, 1333x600px) Image search: [Google]
1439613921668.png
73KB, 1333x600px
>>146659961
>>
>>146659895
Why don't you fuck off back to plebbit instead?
>>
File: 1472167300743.jpg (37KB, 332x512px) Image search: [Google]
1472167300743.jpg
37KB, 332x512px
>>146659903
>so dead that revival would leave you still dead
>>
File: 1438205316582.png (23KB, 250x244px) Image search: [Google]
1438205316582.png
23KB, 250x244px
>tfw I fucked around with some saves to skip Fate and jump straight into UBW

4 years later I still haven't read it and don't regret it one bit.
>>
>>146660017
Kill yourself /pol/tard

And >>146654703 go kill yourself too.
>>
>>146659984
>there's still a whole lot more Excalibur energy burning into you
It's a single flash of light traveling through at speed of sound. That's not how Excalibur, or Caliburn or whatever work. The energy doesn't just "stay there." The lightwave doesn't bounce back and forth.

You're arguing with how you perceive things work, to make it logically coherent but it wasn't explicitly stated so in the VN. For many people it's just bad overwriting / not enough exposition on Nasu's part
>>
>>146660074
Kill yourself.
>>
>>146660072
You can actually skip everything and just play Fate/Grand Order. It's the best thing TM has ever created.
>>
>>146660080
>It's a single flash of light traveling through at speed of sound. That's not how Excalibur, or Caliburn or whatever work. The energy doesn't just "stay there." The lightwave doesn't bounce back and forth.
It has to burn through a person. It's not instantaneous. It's just like how Gilles was able to see the light of Excalibur destroying his extradimensional evil god and muse to himself before dying.
There is mass that it needs to rip through, and God Hand's curse of revival is trying to replace that mass while it's being blown away.
>>
File: 1_500.png (512KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1_500.png
512KB, 500x707px
>>146660125
>>
>>146660148
A terrible frenchman.
>>
File: jeff-bridges-800.jpg (133KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
jeff-bridges-800.jpg
133KB, 800x600px
>>146660144
Again anon, that's just like your opinion man.

Nasu could've added a sentence or two to clarify it, but he didn't and that's my point. Maybe you're right, but his writing still lacks clarity necessary for good writing and it sure as hell not the translator's fault
>>
>>146660241
Shut the fuck up and learn to pick up context clues. You don't need to be spoonfed everything.
>>
>>146660287
>context clues

It's closer to fanfiction than that.
>>
File: 1441890835491.jpg (320KB, 2000x972px) Image search: [Google]
1441890835491.jpg
320KB, 2000x972px
>>146660313
>>
>>146660241
Irrespective of the exact mechanism, it can simply be said that "that is how the author said it works". Heracles can be overkilled. The how or why of it does not matter.
If Rin brought 25 power gems to do her light cannon of death in his face, Herc would die 5 times. Whatever sense you make of it, that's just how it rolls in-universe. It's magic, and Nasu doesn't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>146660364
>The how or why of it does not matter.

When a hack writer is hack writing, he deserved to be called out. Nasu overwrote that part. Why can't he have Archer kill Herc like 11 times, so the number adds up? He thought 7 times over would be cool, without thinking through the implications. Rabid fanboys would defend any fault that the creator had, and fill the plothole with their own headcannon on how things work.

Same deal with LOTR. They could've Eagled at least to the outskirt of Mordor. But Tolkien can do no wrong, so the fanboys invented bunch of headcannon excuse like alliance with the Eagles is not set up yet at the time, yada2 despite there's zero text on LOTR cannon to support their headcannon.
>>
>>146659964
>Q: What was the 5th grail war that HS Emiya experienced in his lifetime like? Was the Archer summoned there also Emiya?
>Nasu: It was a world where the conditions at the beginning of the war were mostly the same, but something was missing. Shirou summoned Saber and fought until the end, didn't save Saber's heart but understood her, and they destroyed the grail together and parted... that's the image I have.
>Takeuchi: Ahh, so something like a Fate route Good End we didn't make in the game?!
>Nasu: Yeah, probably. After that, it's believed he cooperates with Rin who survived, and heads to London.
>>
File: Matou_shinji.png (49KB, 180x240px) Image search: [Google]
Matou_shinji.png
49KB, 180x240px
>>146655308
Step 1: Drown in your ideals and die
>>
>>146660544
Yeah, your the literal context example of dumb readers who needed to be spoonfed with everything to understand anything.
Oh BTW I'll spoonfeed this tidbit to you, baby, Excalibur unique conceptual power is the concept of promised victory.
>>
What the fuck is up with Fate and bait images?
>>
File: 1471220657974.png (144KB, 508x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471220657974.png
144KB, 508x600px
>>146634244
good job OP
>>
>>146661708
>fate babies got btfo
>post bait images to make themselves feel better.
>>
File: 1438993818495.png (131KB, 848x851px) Image search: [Google]
1438993818495.png
131KB, 848x851px
>>146662279
>>
>>146660241
>translators not at fault
>fate got a perfect translation
I know the translators gave effort to translate moon but come on! Fate got perfect translation? Way to go sucking fan translators' dicks there
>>
>>146659139
>Unspecified amount of people dislike it
IT'S NOT CANON GUYS I SWEAR
>>
File: tip.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>146647157
>>146649030
forgot image
>>
File: images (38).jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (38).jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>deep and interesting character like Shirou
Thread posts: 286
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.