[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it? Why did it sell so much? Why is anon complaining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: HaruhiSuzumiya.jpg (26KB, 270x394px) Image search: [Google]
HaruhiSuzumiya.jpg
26KB, 270x394px
I don't get it?
Why did it sell so much? Why is anon complaining about never getting a S3? Was there a deeper meaning to it? I was 2young2post back when I watched it and all i remember was a spoiled brat being annoying.
>>
>>146624837
you didnt watch it then
>>
File: smug squid.jpg (40KB, 506x556px) Image search: [Google]
smug squid.jpg
40KB, 506x556px
>he only watched the first episode
>>
File: 1469035316633.png (172KB, 1031x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1469035316633.png
172KB, 1031x1000px
>>146624837
>>
Sign please answer the fucking questions.
>>
>>146624837
Because God Knows and Day of Sagittarius.

Tanabata also hyped things up for the movie, and the movie was so perfect it just helped everything else. Basically the series was well executed.
>>
File: 1450598906993.jpg (626KB, 1130x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1450598906993.jpg
626KB, 1130x1600px
>>146624837
Yes, you don't get it.
>>
File: 1347661737282.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1347661737282.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>146624837
>>
Because it's a well written LN series with scifi, mystery and slice-of-life elements, and Kyoani did a marvelous adaptation of it with overall high production values and lots of small highlights (that people give way too much credit), not to mention the perfect seiyuu picks.
>>
Haruhifags are sociopaths.
>>
>>146629443
>Well written
>LN
pick one and only one. I'm assuming you've read something other than LNs from Japan though.
>>
>>146624837
Because it is one of very few high school animes that are well written and not pumped full of fanservice.
>>
>>146624837
>2young2post
>tfw been (shit)posting here since I was 13
>tfw Haruhi aired when i was 16
>tfw now 26 and still here (shit)posting from work

goddamn

Also Haruhi was really well animated for its time and was full fo wacky hijinx and hot moe fanservice at a time where all of these were much, much needed anew in the anime industry.
>>
>>146631216
>not pumped full of fanservice
>what is Mikuru's entire purpose as a "character"
>>
>>146631596
Moeblobs and fanservice are not the same thing.
>>
>>146631721
They aren't but I'm pretty sure there were definitely more than a few lewd moments thrown in.
>>
One of the best directed shows of all time.
>>
>>146631782
I can't really think of anything that bad, save for the few Mikuru undressing scenes and the pool scenes in endless eight.
>>
Haruhi was the proto anime of the 00s.
>>
Watch some non-entry level anime
>>
>>146631216
nah that would be monogatari
>>
Majority of anime is so shit that a good work (that should be the standard for TV shows) like haruhi can be one of the most successful ones.
>>
muh genki muh kyoanus muh trendsetting muh-o muttafugga
>>
File: it's time, get in the chamber.jpg (178KB, 694x388px) Image search: [Google]
it's time, get in the chamber.jpg
178KB, 694x388px
>>146624837
Gold age of moe, one of the many precursors to the K-on! styles Kyoto-animation is all about today.
I also released at of the biggest "Right place, right time" moment when the manga was at its peak.
The fanbase (both local and international) showed massive support.
Catchy songs (Hare-Hare Yukai and others etc) by an at the time very popular and renowned pop idol (Aya "fuck the whole band, literally except bassist, fuck that guy" Hirano) who was also arguably at her peak.
The premise of the show seemed very entertaining and promising, heck, the pulled off the dreaded "endless 8" which is an artistic slap to the face of all the fans, and guess what? They ate that shit with potatoes and demanded seconds, or should I say thirds. Season three fucking never
All in all, the show managed to spam an overwhelming amount of weebs, the type who would only watch this Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh and Chuunibyou (TTGL and perhaps FMA:B) for shits and giggles.
If you ask me, it was the characters and the comfy "paranormal but not quite slice of life" setting + massive word of mouth and a HUGE fanbase being a mark of success in its own interest.
They could've expanded more on the paranormal side a bit more although I get that it can be difficult to pull off having to keep the title MC from noticing it while involved in one way or another, that shit with Ryoko Asakura & Yuki Nagato at the start as well as the movie's "Oh shit! I'm so screwed right now" moments are what I appreciated the most.
>>146631739
das it mane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bpCPid8gV4
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.