[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uzumaki/Junji Ito Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: MTI1NDQxMzM5MjE0MDY1NjM0.jpg (105KB, 620x535px) Image search: [Google]
MTI1NDQxMzM5MjE0MDY1NjM0.jpg
105KB, 620x535px
So was there any good reason for Kirie and Shuichi not trying to actually leave the town until it was too late? They had plenty of time to get the fuck out, but even after the fire lighthouse, the talking parasite mosquito babies, the couple coiling into snakes, Kirie's hair nearly killing them and their teacher and classmates turning into snails they still stick around.
>>
File: 23895162962_4f25ba0499_z.jpg (87KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
23895162962_4f25ba0499_z.jpg
87KB, 612x612px
That's just how most of the people in
Junji Ito 's works are like. They ofen have vary low crisis awareness.
Speaking of his work, do you think there is a possibility of an anime adaptation of his work ?
l would love to see an anime series in base on his short in form of an anthology with Tomie as the horror host.
By the way, what would a good heart Tomie be like ? It did make a good and story
>>
>>146603593
I wnat to marry Tomie then slice her to pieces!
>>
>>146603593
>They ofen have vary low crisis awareness.
I mean I get that coming from Kirie in the beginning, but after all that shit going on for month? Including her hair almost murdering her? By then I'd expect her to get with the program. And Shuichi was saying they had to get out from day one but he still stuck around, I guess because Kirie was still there.
>>
>>146604099
I never got that, if I was Shuuichi I'd have bolted long ago, Kirie's snatch can't be worth all that shit
>>
I think it adds to the creep factor that the only normal people left don't seem to be thinking normally
>>
>>146604159
Sad part is they never even fucked. He stayed for nothing.

>>146604190
Oh yeah I totally get the rest of the people in the town not leaving, save for a few people who were willing to pick up their lives and leave when they got wind of some of the more public stuff like the lighthouse.
>>
My explanation of why Kirie and Shuichi have low danger awareness is because Uzumaki start of kind like an anthology stories that with the same cast of main characters type story but later reveal to be a continue story line. That's why their actions of staying seems vary weird and illogical later in the story.
>>
Wasn't it implied that the curse had a sort of mesmerizing effect that was making everyone numb to the weird shit going on instead of reacting rationally?
>>
is he working with hideo kojima?
>>
>>146604923
That makes sense. I kinda got that feeling after a couple chapters before things started ramping up.

>>146604991
I think he was before Kojima got fired from Konami and Silent Hills got canned.
>>
File: tumblr_md9dd8Ez4Q1rj68g4o1_500.png (239KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_md9dd8Ez4Q1rj68g4o1_500.png
239KB, 480x640px
>>146603930
On a raining and storming night,Tomie show up at your doorstep , wet, naked underneath her wet white dress .Crying,
she move forward and hugs you tightly,
Ask you to take her to be your teenage wife and make babies ,what will you do ?
>>
>>146605859
>Silent Hills got canned
I will never not be salty about this.
>>
is Junji Ito the only horror mangaka that doesnt rely on gore and shock?
>>
File: 193953662_x.jpg (190KB, 543x765px) Image search: [Google]
193953662_x.jpg
190KB, 543x765px
After reading all tomie stories I noticed that while tomie 's personality are mostly the same, there still seem to be difference from one to another.
Some tomie are just bitchy( like in chapter one she even has a best fried) not "too" inhuman (sometimes not even bitchy, just vary spoiled)while others are downright monstrous abomination.
Also, do you think the tomie in chapter one is the truly the"original" or just one of manly other ? and witch tomie is the prettiest ?
>>
>>146606073
>doesn't really on gore and shock

Gore not as much, but his shit is full of weird shock imagary.

I love Junji Ito tho. I've read a bunch of his short Mangas and Uzumaki. Uzumaki was weird. I think it suffered at points because he wanted to tell different stories, but used the same cast, so it got weird after a while. I did like the who spiral motif though.
>>
are there any other GOAT or underappreciated writers in japanese horror?
i have read all of junji ito and kazuo umezu. also ibitsu.

would love some more horror. dont care if art style is bad.
>>
>>146608383
I just finished Drifting Classroom. It's Lord of the Flies type story.

Homunculus was said to be a horror story but it's kind of just a story about ones self and people's superficial exteriors.

Shiki is okay. It's a vampire story. Doesn't do anything new beyond town gets taken over by vanpires.

Jisatsu Circle kind of sucked.

Fasting is a short silly one about a girl who wants to lose weight

Ibitsu is a good creepy one. It's about a creepy loli who wants to be your sister

Scumbag Loser was good but didn't really pay off in the end.

I know I've read a bunch others but can't think of them.
>>
>>146608383
Holy Lnad
>>
his series about the chuuni kid with dark magic is pretty fun.
>>
>>146608383
Have you read fuan no tane yet?
>>
>>146606009
Did someone actually fuck her ? I don't think.
>>
>>146606009
But Tomie, we're both girls!
>>
File: dumbass manga.jpg (37KB, 626x367px) Image search: [Google]
dumbass manga.jpg
37KB, 626x367px
>>146608383
I read Franken Fran which is decent, and Fourteen (by the same author as The Drifting Classtoom) which is a little disturbing at first and then spirals deeper and deeper into silliness. It sure was something, alright.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.