[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just read oyasumi punpun, 9/10 would be 10/10 if it wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Pegasus_c71p14.jpg (109KB, 662x735px) Image search: [Google]
Pegasus_c71p14.jpg
109KB, 662x735px
Just read oyasumi punpun, 9/10 would be 10/10 if it wasn't for all the boring parts centered on Pegasus

What was the point of having him be in the story so much?
>>
Pegasus was stated by the author to be the second MC of the story in that long interview
https://mangabrog.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/inio-asano-interview-reality-is-tough-so-read-this-manga-about-cute-girls-and-feel-better/

Read it, it also explains what Pegasus' storyline meant
>>
I thought it was total gargabe
Only liked the first part when he was a kid
then all the characters start acting retarded
>>
>>146535274
this. it started nicely and then it turned to be too fucked up.
>>
>>146535376
I dont mind fucked up, but the characters acting like total idiots makes me not care about them
>>
>>146535398
>haha let's kill ourselves
>haha not if i kill myself first
I didn't mean 'fucked up' as in 'omg they're kill??' but as in 'seriously, that makes absolutely no sense'.
>>
I often see people commenting on how edgy all the characters supposedly become after the childhood arc ; imo you have to be somewhat delusional to think that the character traits depicted in Punpun are too extreme to be realistic.
>>
>>146535575
Not edgy, retarded.
>>
>>146535451
They were all messed up because they had messed up parents.

What's an example that didn't make sense?
>>
>>146533775
He saved the world.
>>
What was with that retarded kid who would see shit that wasn't there? I forget his name
>>
>>146535624
do you genuinely believe punpun (and such) is retarded for acting stupid when under emotional stress ? the guy's almost suffering from a crippling depression
>>
>>146538641
I have had "crippling depression" since I was 6 due to an abusive home life, and I don't do (nor have I ever done) anything nearly as stupid as that cocksucker. I'm sick of retards defending Asano's writing under the pretense of "hurr if it happened to you" or "you don't know what it's like", etc. Asano is a terrible author, terrible artist, and terrible person who knows about as much about suffering as does a billionaire trust fund child. Punpun is the absolute peak of his dilettantism, and one of the worst manga in the last two decades.
>>
>>146540131
>I have had "crippling depression" since I was 6 due to an abusive home life
Sure you do.
>>
>>146540131
>"you don't know what it's like"
>one of the worst manga in the last two decades
"i had it so i know how's it like"
yeah sure, if you really did, well sorry, that must have been hard, but punpun actually tried to do stuff, and i think you could argue why he did like that instead of saying he was stupid as fuck
are you the type to just try and search meaning when seeing a painting ?
i mean fuck, imo the atmosphere at the end (i'm talking about the straw hat scene) was almost dreamlike when you were into it, i see all these faggots bitching about how retarded the last scene (before straw hat scene) was, and i can't help but just admire the sheer beauty of it
and so, the thing that comes out of all of that is, what do people hating on Punpun actually have to say on the contemplative side of the manga ?
>>
>>146534826
>Read it, it also explains what Pegasus' storyline meant

Kind of retarded to write what an author means his work meant. You're supposed to find that out for yourself.

I hated Pegasus too. Almost ruined the entire manga. Should've cut him all out.
>>
>>146540131
Doing retarded shit is miles better than doing nothing at all.
>>
>>146538641
Not just punpun, almost every character was retarded, specially all the adults
>>
>>146540131
DUDE I'VE SUFFERED MORE THAN YOU TAKE MY WORD FOR IT LMAO
>>
>>146541938
Exactly what a retard would say
>>
What I wanna know is what the fuck was up with the scene where Aiko took a fork to one of Punpun's eyes? Was that really necessary? Why the fuck didn't anyone around them react? I don't remember Punpun even doing as much as flinching in response, which doesn't make any sense. No matter how messed up you are mentally, your instincts would make you back the fuck up on reflex.
>>
File: image.jpg (228KB, 728x1027px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 728x1027px
>>146544855
Probably because of of this earlier. Still not sure why no one did anything though.
>>
>>146545714
Thanks, that part makes sense now.

Still, the fact that no one else does anything while it went on for longer than a page is so weird. I get that this manga is surreal and cruel and all, but that was the one scene that threw me off. It felt like it was happeneing in its own little pocket dimension, otherwise it wouldn't have made sense. Maybe I'm too innocent but even for Punpun it came off as excessive and unecessary and I was so put off that I almost dropped the manga there. (but having got this far to begin with, I continued anyway).
>>
Wow, I'm glad /a/'s not sucking Asano's dick for once. I mean Nijigahara holograph and Oyasumi punpun are pretty good at delivering despair but
the usual
>OMG dont you just want to kkill yourself after reading it?
is too much.

If you read that interview >>146534826
you'd see Asano does not exactly have everything thought out or even understood by him. He kinds of tacks things on for their aesthetic charm to him.
Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJ4mETlTmQ

If you liked it and want more Habanero scans want someone to help them with its latest season.
>>
>>146546035
I read Punpun while completely unaware of the hype and circlejerking, and even then it never made me want to kill myself. Sure it's depressing as fuck and that eye scene made me desperate to forget it immediately, but manga and anime like Punpun always make me think the same thing: "thank fuck I'm not them, my life feels a bit less shitty now in comparison." Sometimes I'm even drawn towards more depressing fiction when I feel shitty, because in a roundabout way it can make me feel better. I don't think I'm alone in this.
>>
>>146546998
>>146546035

Were other anons really that upset about it when it was still going? I just finished last week, and it only took a day or so to get over the negativity.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.