[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is what GATE should've been.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Zipang_volume_43_cover.png (308KB, 282x400px) Image search: [Google]
Zipang_volume_43_cover.png
308KB, 282x400px
This is what GATE should've been.
>>
>>146529733
GATE is perfect for those otaku who thinks their knowledge will be useful though.
It's a cringefest.
>>
File: 1471422640619.jpg (111KB, 701x907px) Image search: [Google]
1471422640619.jpg
111KB, 701x907px
>>146529733
>tfw someone finally picked up the manga again
>>
>>146529874
Who this cum chum
>>
>>146529733
Didn't it end with the ship changing history so Japan became a superpower on par with US in the end?
>>
>>146530009
Is that the anime?

That's the goal of the villain in the manga by the way. He wants to create Zipang, a prosperous Japan not controlled by the US like today.
>>
>>146530126
No, that's the supposed ending I heard in regards to the manga. But since there was no scans posted and only the words of an anon that had read it, I wasn't sure if that's how it actually ended.
>>
>>146530277
So that motherfucker succeeded then.
>>
>>146529733
This whole manga is an antithesis of GATE. It criticizes the whole YAMATO DAMASHII thing, unlike GATE who glorifies it. And it has reasonable politicians, unlike GATE who only makes them subjects of mockery (lol we got a death god loli on our side).

And the whole "muh superior tech" is irrelevant after the early arcs and it's all about politics now.

And it has the balls to say that maybe it's better for Japan to lose in WW2.

This is the most left-wing Japan military manga I've read.
>>
>>146530408
I thought it was less about 'it's better for Japan to lose in WW2" and more about advocating for a conditional surrender instead of getting nuked and unconditional surrender?
>>
File: DL298_124.jpg (613KB, 1280x1816px) Image search: [Google]
DL298_124.jpg
613KB, 1280x1816px
THIS is what GATE should've been.
>>
>>146530603
I remember him saying if Japan wins, it would decay instead of prospering unlike our Japan who gets a huge boost after war.

I don't quite understand it either.

>>146530607
There's already a Maou no Hajimekata thread, you know.
>>
>>146530607
No, Arcanum is what Gate should have been.
>>
>>146529733
WW2 aircrafts vs modern warship?
>>
>>146530662
Well, if Japan wins, that means the crazy leadership that was in control would have remained in power. Never mind the fact that Japan cannot win, period. It would have ended with more nukes dropped and the Soviets counter-raping the Japanese.
>>
File: 71KR1Vw4XeL._SL1280_.jpg (230KB, 907x1280px) Image search: [Google]
71KR1Vw4XeL._SL1280_.jpg
230KB, 907x1280px
>tfw everyone wins: /ak/fags, elfwaifufags, elfhatefags, elfrapefags.
>>
Is there any other manga or anime that are anti-nationalism?
>>
>>146530865
Actually I should have said anti-imperialism.
>>
>>146530934
Yeah, because I'm pretty sure most anti-nationalism work would be considered nigh-treasonous.
>>
from what I read I thought the plan is to make Japan "lose", but in a way that looks more like a draw
>>
>>146531387
And to keep oil-rich territory.
>>
>>146531424
yea also that.
well they have to lose, else the old imperial leadership will still stay in
>>
>the villain is off assassinating Hitler

What a based guy.
>>
>>146531505
It's also to teach Japanese people about losing or some shit.
>>
File: 1463574802733.jpg (134KB, 500x880px) Image search: [Google]
1463574802733.jpg
134KB, 500x880px
>>146531578
mfw the french have volumes translated
>>
>>146531641
The French also had all the Kemono no Souja Erin novels translated

Fuck those guys, I'm so jealous.
>>
>>146531659
france is euros weebcentral
>>
>>146531641
Is it complete?
>>
>>146530009
I've read the end of the manga. Japan didn't become a superpower on par with the US. Kikuchi said that, with how the war ended in a way that spare Japan from US occupation, the nation's Imperial goverment system and classist influence is still somewhat intact and full democracy never come into place. Not only that, ten years after the war, because mainland Japan was spared from any sort of attack, the people start tp complain and protest about the unfavorable peace and said that the goverment should've gone all out with the war instead of accept an armistice. He also mention that this Japan will probably never grow into an economic powerhouse that is in our timeline. I can post proof but it'll be from the Thai translation.
>>
>>146531784
yes, all 43
>>
>>146531814
So he failed in the end.

This manga will make right-wingers so mad.
>>
>>146531814
sounds pretty realistic for the scenario
>>
>>146530934
No, you're correct.
Zipang is anti-nationalistic. It is, at the same time, decidedly patriotic.
>>
>>146531866
its done already for a while
>>
>>146531814
Basically, they turned out to be post ww1 Germany. Can't say I didn't see that coming.

But why does other spoilers from other sites say it was a somewhat uplifting ending? That things are pointing to a brighter future for Japan since they're US's equals rather than underlings?
>>
>you will never shoot down waves of sbd dauntless with a oto breda
why even live?
>>
Oh, and Kikuchi also mention that it was all worth it, since the armistice saved millions of Japanese lives and that it was all the Mirai and her crew wanted. Also Japan's military was downsized and turn into the self-defense force we see in our world due to Kikuchi's influence behind the scene.
>>146531866
I mean the Mirai didn't failed in its mission of saving as many lives as possible. It just didn't turn Japan into the super power that Kusaka planned for it to be and Japan had to gave up all out its overseas colonies.
>>146532085
>somewhat uplifting ending?
It's somewhat uplifting, yes. Japan have a more equal footing with the US in their relationship as they're kinda forced to join together by situation rather than one side winning over the other. An older Kadomatsu also said that Japan is a country that have the power to get pass any troubled period and that it'll be fine. Then there's the new Mirai sailing off to participate in the Hawaii exercise with the US navy but this time she arrived safely.
>>
It's really fucking hard to hold back from reading these spoilers because god, did I enjoy the anime.
>>
>>146532477
ehh, it'll take forever for the translations to advance.
till the I'll prolly forget the spoilers so they are fine by me
>>
>>146532424
So, basically they traded away one set of problem/benefits for another then? That's more or less how I actually wanted it to end. That's nice to hear.
>>
And here are the details of the armistice incase anyone want to know.
Sign on the 2nd of October 1944 at Oahu, Hawaii.
Earlier that year in April, the Imperial Palace declare the end of the Hojo administration and created the Forth Administration.
This new administration left the Tripartite Pact and, like Italy, joined the Allies. Japan also accepted the Hull notes and release all overseas holdings.
The war faction in the Imperial Navy was kept in check by a Commander name Taki.
There were less resistance than expected from the Imperial Army faction that wanted to continue the war. Most likely because Colonel Hariu killed most of the stubborn warmongers of the Army.
The US are divided into two factions aswell, after seeing the power of the nuclear explosion inside the sunken Yamato, the Army wanted peace and the Navy alongside Roosevelt wanted to continue the war and occupy Japan.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.