[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aku No Hana

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 16

File: selfinsertinsult.jpg (189KB, 667x455px) Image search: [Google]
selfinsertinsult.jpg
189KB, 667x455px
Is the anime as bad as it's made out to be? Is it worth a watch despite the rotoscoping?
>>
>>146503398
The soundtrack is cool. The rest is shit.
>>
>>146503398
Animation can be choppy as fuck. Sometimes it's hard to look at. They honestly should have just went with live action if they didn't want to do proper animation.
>>
For me, it's the best fucking thing ever. fuck all the haters.
>>
>>146504072
What made it good anon? I really enjoyed the manga, but I'm skeptical about how well the anime could pull it off.
>>
It's good, just don't go in expecting the manga.
>>
tokiwa best girl
>>
>>146504381
I want to read her book
>>
>>146503398
Yes, just pretend you're watching J-drama and not anime.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJz2WB3dF10
good times
>>
Good shit.
>>
>>146504268
I don't know man. I can't explain this with fucking words. It's just so unreal for me.
>>
File: figbingo15448.jpg (503KB, 1000x1370px) Image search: [Google]
figbingo15448.jpg
503KB, 1000x1370px
Settle in because this will definitely sound pretentious as fuck so let me preface this by mentioning that I love plenty of brainless goofy nonsense anime, popular stuff, etc.. So I am not just being an insufferable hipster dipshit film school cunt or something.

This anime is definitely my favorite drama anime of all time. I read the manga after seeing it (and now I fucking love that to an unhealthy degree as well) but let's stick to the animu.

It's a masterpiece that tried for something extremely aggressively challenging and ambitious and offensive in several ways. It's important to note that the mangaka was 100% on board with this, colluded, and the anime and manga play off of each other. I agree with the team's philosophy that if you are just going to make a direct anime from the manga that is simply the same thing only moving, it's probably not worth bothering. This made everyone see red because so much anime is exactly that: redundant.

Mangaka straight-out said that some people were not going to like it and that was fine, and especially people who (basically) want to nail Akamura would be disappointed. He has said he "wants to murder his readers" (emotionally). Mission fucking accomplished, and the anime implements that idea in faithful and enhanced form.

The anime really *uses* the advantages of cinematic storytelling vs. manga on a page. Anime doesn't do this often these days. The rotoscope thing was absolutely required, or something similar, or it would have just been a pale shadow. Instead it's gut-wrenching, ugly and gorgeous as it pleases, sometimes at the same time. It has actually subtle acting, genuinely unpleasant characters that are impossible to tear your eyes off of even though you want to punch them. It's real and visceral. I am SO glad they didn't just cop out and make the safe, typical adaptation people expected.

Pic related, my /toy/ wishlist.
>>
>>146505053
This. Fucking this. I love you man.
>>
File: Nagato.Yuki.full.822942.jpg (672KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Nagato.Yuki.full.822942.jpg
672KB, 1920x1200px
>>146505053

The whole point of the story is that going through adolescence is a boring, sweaty, excruciating hell. The anime (I keep wanting to say "movie" because it basically is) has a lot of long, repetitive, tedious scenes. With nothing going on, just walking to school through excruciatingly detailed, beautiful 10/10 backgrounds. With choppy, weird, offputting people who have no personalities or detail and who just sort of blur in and out of focus.

Exactly like real life. You FEEL what it's like for the MP (and eventually by extension, Nakamura) to drag themselves around that rusting dead-end pit of a town in sweltering humid heat. Over. And over. For the rest of their fucking lives, with no end in sight.

It's not an escapist show, it's not about having friends on tv that you imagine hanging out with, it's not a place you want to escape to and they are not attractive people particularly. And *nothing* about it is by accident.

There are not a lot of animes that really work to pull you almost POV into a grim world like that. You are forced to immerse yourself in it and live it. Every detail, from the fucking fantastic OP/ED to the stillness and semi-silent background, to the actually-Japanese-looking faces which are only really show features at all when the protagonist is forced to look at them.

Imagine if you saw a standard anime character in real life. They'd look, act, and move more like someone in Aku No Hana than pretty much any other anime ever. Even more "realistic" anime makes 0 effort to actually emulate realistic faces. This show does. Only it's not comfortable, is often creepy, and this serves its purpose sublimely. I sure as hell would not want to have this style used for many things but it was used in this unique way for this singularly fitting story and magnifies it and makes it into a thing that has never existed before.

There *are* some beautiful moments and they are jaw dropping.
>>
>>146505760
Dude... I'm actually crying right now. Thank you.
>>
>>146505053
>>146505760
Thanks for the new pasta. A bit long for one, though.
>>
File: endless8.jpg (25KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
endless8.jpg
25KB, 500x281px
>>146505212

I finally found you! The other empty human who liked this anime!

>>146505760

Obligatory Aku No Hana orgasm scene:

https://vimeo.com/67405769

The question people are going to have is simple: "Why would I want to watch something for hours that is repetitive, deliberately psychologically violent towards me, with unlikable characters, embarrassing, cringe-inducing situations, and an unrelentingly opressive atmosphere? The mangaka openly calls me a shiteater in the credits."

Well if you achieved pic related, this is not that dissimilar, in fact Aku No Hana leveled me up to fight Endless Eight. If you have seen that then watched Disappearance, then you know the order of magnitude that watching Eight impacts your soul when you see the movie and have "lived" through what Yuki has lived.

The beautiful moments are what really make the show stick in my gut like it did, though. I had moments VERY similar in feeling to some of them. The mountain rainstorm, that car ride home together with the rain on the windows. All so real. Just generally having unpleasant attempts to fumble towards some sort of hope or meaning with someone and neither of you really being sure what you want let alone how to express it.

And anyone who didn't think Nakamura in the anime is not perfectly an irl Nakamura never got her in the first place. There is a little merit to the idea that it should have just been a live action drama but that's reductionist and obvious. It's "realistic" but extremely warped, controlled, heightened realism.

I watched the anime -> read the manga, as I mentioned before, and one of the main things that I found happening was that Nakamura's voice in the OP sort of became my manga Nakamura voice somehow. A lot more high-pitched and "anime" or something. What a fucking sinister piece of music, though. Pro tip: the OP is one complete piece split into several sections, all 3 protags sing parts.

Sawa is like the Dark Knight movie Joker somehow.
>>
>>146506533
You fucking beautiful person... I fucking love you so much.

For me, Sawa is everything. Problem is:
I will never understand her. I will never reach her. I will never see what's going on in her mind. The chaos, destruction, all the fucking shit thing in this life. I just can't understand this...

It's been years since I've watched anime and read the manga and I can clearly say there is no any single night when I don't remember Aku no Hana... I go to bed, close my eyes and bum. It pops in my mind.

All the sleepless nights, all the feels, all the things I'll never be able to understand. It's just too much for me man, too much.
>>
>>146505053
>>146505760
>>146506533
I might need to give Aku no Hana another shot. Thanks anon
>>
>>146506876

It's simple, you're a shit-eating maggot.

You don't ever understand her. You just move past her and heal and grow up. She only ever settles into a more quiet and comfortable state of blackness.

Jesus Christ though, that flash forward where you see just a second of her dragging that baseball bat. How much damage she did with a pair of pantsu...just imagine.

My stock response image if my s.o. says something to make me suicidal is a pic of her smiling as he dumps kerosene over them both.
>>
>>146507668
Do you know any deeply analysis/review of Aku no Hana? Especially character-wise. Both anime-manga I don't mind.

Oh man. Only 2-3 days ago I watched that classrom scene again and cried so much. And now, I'm crying again.

Maybe It was a mistake to know Aku no Hana to me. It just effected me so much I don't even know anymore...
>>
The anime has a really great atmosphere, mainly because of the music, but the ugly character designs actually kind of help with it too. It feels really dreary and depressing.
>>
File: imfjsjdjgage2.jpg (374KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
imfjsjdjgage2.jpg
374KB, 900x600px
>>146507956

And you just said in 2 sentences what it took me 3 posts to try to say. You are the tall deer, Anon.

>>146507879

I could go on all damn day but yeah I am pretty obsessed with it too. I didn't see it until less than a year ago so I missed all the initial goings-on (thank god, it let me come in eyes-open and unbiased). But there is a blog someplace that covered it episodically and had a lot of good observations. There is also a tumblr about it I steal images from.

There is a cosplayer who does a disturbingly good job recreating scenes and it's almost something I wish wasn't possible :)

BTW have you guys been reading Boku wa Mari no Naka (Inside Mari)? It's the same author and is in a very similar vein as far as being "a dark and twisted world of pain". I have tried to picture it being animated because it's run for quite a while so has plenty of material.

But I don't think I could even handle it were it made like Aku No Hana...I'd have to like...watch it through my fingers over my eyes.
>>
>>146508247
Which blog is that if its okay to ask?

And the name of cosplayer please?!

I haven't started reading that one yet but I want to. I'm basically waiting to read Oshimi's works. I don't know why. I don't think they will effect me like Aku no Hana but I think I'll wait more to read his works.
>>
>>146508247
>:)
>3dpd
>...
Fuck off.
>>
>>146508652
You aren't fitting in well enough, try again.
>>
File: bds6iKm.jpg (183KB, 600x1069px) Image search: [Google]
bds6iKm.jpg
183KB, 600x1069px
>>146503398
Consider the following
>>
File: 1464253144425.jpg (26KB, 478x483px) Image search: [Google]
1464253144425.jpg
26KB, 478x483px
>>146508965
But anon, Aku No Hana isn't about cute girls doing cute things.
>>
File: akubgge1.png (261KB, 681x1000px) Image search: [Google]
akubgge1.png
261KB, 681x1000px
>>146508458

http://psgels.net/

I don't know the cosplayer's name and almost all my Nakamura stuff is not here atm. :/

Oshimi's older stuff feels like a build-up to ANH and Mari feels like a continuation or even a warping of that same level of energy. He is on a roll.

(p.s. sometimes I look at all of these Anon and their waifus and lolis and I just want to flood the world with shit and turn them all into shit eating 3dpd)
>>
>>146509247
Thanks a lot man. Thanks for everything!

Its sleep time here...

Have a good day.
>>
>>146509247
>:/
Lurk more before posting.
>>
File: tumblr_nfieiffDDj1s8diwoo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfieiffDDj1s8diwoo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>146509107

Ironically I just started watching K-On! because no one would shut up about it and the animation looked great and I need a KyoAni fix. But tbqh I hated one of the characters so immediately that I am not sure if I can watch it, and it's a long series.

They really are polar fuckin' opposites, these two shows.
>>
File: 1463783291279.jpg (584KB, 1520x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463783291279.jpg
584KB, 1520x1080px
>people are ACTUALLY defending the Aku no Hana adaptation
>>
File: 1472248932304.png (143KB, 358x368px) Image search: [Google]
1472248932304.png
143KB, 358x368px
>>146509439
>he has no argument
>>
>>146509439

Nobody's defending anything. Also

>adaptation
>>
>>146505053
>>146505760
>the das boot defense
It may be boring to impart to the viewer that the characters are bored but what do you win in the end? You're just bored at the end of the day.

Like that one chapter in Tom Sayer too.
>>
>>146503425
This. Might as well read the manga with the OST playing.
I watched it ironically, it was very funny. Not only the horrible rotoscope (as in, it's bad even for rotoscoping) but also the direction: many scenes were just outright ridiculous.
>>
>>146503398
It's a very good show. Some find it slow and it's got wierd issues in terms of it's paced editing. Example episode 7 and 8 need to be watched back to back and skip the recap of 7. Episode 10 is a great cut off and the last three are the weakest part in the whole story and remove all subtlety from the series. So be warned. Production was also wierd in that they clearly shot way more lf the show, like the next arc, then cut it cause the creator decided to pace the show slower, sp rather than haveing a strong ending it's just, please buyu bluray so we maku seson 2. End of day, weather you find the show good or bad, it's very different, and well worth the watch. Form your own opinion op.
>>
>>146505053
This
>>
>>146503425
The Opening is so fucking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa-AwOYCabw
>>
>>146511620
Good points. It's definitely... "an experience".
IMO it was a great concept with problems in edition and production, so I guess it's watchable if you're really interested in different stuff and can overlook mistakes.
>>
File: nakamurawindow.gif (1012KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
nakamurawindow.gif
1012KB, 500x281px
>>146511620

There is no arc cut, they didn't change the pacing, it was written the way it was and executed the way it was intentionally as planned. The flash-forward is created exactly as it's shown frame per frame and used as it is deliberately.

It's a horrifying place to put a cliffhanger but none of this should be a surprise to you if you'd read the manga or watched the show. It's by design. Also there is no second season and never was going to be. They knew when they did this that the moeblob/harem obsessed sameface loving crowd would not be on board for this weirdness. It was pretty much a one-off art piece from the get-go. Nobody involved had any interest in making a standard huge-eyes comfortable series that went on for 40 episodes.

We already have enough of those.

The real kicker is that it was a super expensive show to create, on top of it all. The uneducated literally thought it was a cheaper way to produce footage and that's why it was made the way it was. Lolno.
>>
File: xdndndnnmnmmn.jpg (242KB, 781x1200px) Image search: [Google]
xdndndnnmnmmn.jpg
242KB, 781x1200px
SPOILER ALERT
>>
It's really inconsistent. The otherwise great atmosphere is oftentimes ruined by weird shots that just take you out of it. They should have honestly just done a live action drama, instead, because that feels like what they wanted to do in the first place with the story.
>>
>>146512517
Hell, the actors even look more expressive and cuter.
>>
It went beyond my cringe threshold, but I must recognize it's very low
>>
oh yeah guy got raped in this

10/10
>>
File: 15_gununu_3x3.jpg (311KB, 1334x1008px) Image search: [Google]
15_gununu_3x3.jpg
311KB, 1334x1008px
I loved the anime, so I keep it faithfully on my 3x3 since ages
>>
File: bestgirl.jpg (31KB, 516x664px) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl.jpg
31KB, 516x664px
Timeskip was a mistake. Not bringing Nakamura into the picture until close to the end was a mistake. The whole healing shit was a mistake. Saeki and Tokiwa worst girls. Takao a dumbass.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.