[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much value do you put into visual direction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: MD Geist II Death Force.jpg (996KB, 1276x2149px) Image search: [Google]
MD Geist II Death Force.jpg
996KB, 1276x2149px
How much value do you put into visual direction?
>>
>>146494103
None
>>
>>146494103
A lot but this time I'm not impressed by what you posted.
Big robots are underwhelming
>>
bout tree fiddy
>>
>>146494447
They're not even that big.
>>
MD Geist is awesome! It's a unique film.

MD Geist is a very unusal lead. He is one of my most favourite characters ever in anime.

MD Geist has a fairly simple, straightforward, story, and works well because of it.
There is no need to be overcomplex, when you can have a badass lead and well written, but straightforward, characters.
It's nihalistic, dark, and straightforward.

MD Geist is the complete opposite of wussy boy anime males. The total and utter opposite. Handsome, powerful, and masculine.
He does nothing you might expect, including when it comes to the female lead.
He likes killing, and nothing diverts him from it.
You'll never think of combat knives in the same way again, once you watch it.

Nothing is what it seems.
The female lead, Vaiya, is not what she seems.

Even the 3 bandits she works with are unusual. At one point they display uncommon good sense. You think they're going to be meatshield fodder. and they do the exact opposite.

The twist at the end is surprising, and good.

The music absolutely awesome! I love the music. It's some of the best music in any anime, ever.

You should definately watch this anime. It's awesome!
>>
File: Super_Tengen_Toppa_Gurren_Lagann.jpg (352KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Tengen_Toppa_Gurren_Lagann.jpg
352KB, 1024x768px
>>146494447
>Big robots are underwhelming
Making big robots ain't free.
>>
>>146494103
A lot, that's why Shaft is my favorite studio.
>>
>>146496576
Did Shaft have anything to do with MD Geist II?

Is that why it sucked?
>>
>>146496704
No you flaming faggot.
>>
>>146496760
Shaft fucs
>>
>>146496777
Trips don't lie
>>
MD Geist Deathforce is absolutely awesome.

It follows on from MD Geist.

It is very unusual, dark, and nihalistic.
Nothing is what it seems.

It is the opposite of most anime and most stories.

The lead is MD Geist, a man who like killing and nothing else.

And the opponents are MD Krauser and his army, who run a moving citadel and helps people.
Not for altruistic reasons all the time. But people are helped.

And you want MD Geist and Eagle to win.

After the events of MD Geist, the Deathforce have overun the planet.
And they eat the people to make more of them.

It's a bit more gorey. Especially when the deathforce are there.

The characters are all unusal and dark, and nothing is what it seems about them.

It had another MD soldier.
MD Krauser. He's good, but a bit of a egomaniac. And he's less well made than MD Geist.

There is more on the MD programme.

The scientist who made the MD soldiers is in.

Vaiya returns.

And there is Eagle. A very unfortunate cyborg who is treated very badly.

It has a happy ending.

It has a straightforward and unusual story.

MD Geist has been dismantling the deathforce for ages. And is happy killing stuff.

Then he get's captured by MD Krauser. Who is justifiablely scared of him.

Then he get's experimented on, and cybernetically augmented against his will.
And goes beserk.
He and the discarded Eagle do what you might expect, especially if you saw the first film, and ruin Krausers day in a big way.

Showing that the citadel is'nt nice if your MD Geist or Eagle.

It has awesome fights, and features giant robots, gore, violence.

The deathforce range from horrible bug things to giant monsters. Including centaurlike ones with a gun in a odd place.

The music is absolutely awesome.Some of the best music in anime, ever.

The animation is better than the first film.

MD Geist and MD Krauser are extremely badass.

MD Geist is the ultimate awesome badass.

It is a absolutely awesome anime. You should definately watch it.
>>
A lot that's why Kyoani is my favorite studio
>>
>>146494103
Not that much. If everything else is below average, it's still a waste of time. My first priority is that the "everything else" has to be at least acceptable.
>>
>>146496088
>posting Underwhelming: the Show
>>
>>146494103
I certainly appreciate it and amazed when I see really good visual direction. I don't expect it in every thing I watch though. Besides even the most beautiful looking anime can have shitty characters and plot.
>>
>>146498874
>gurren lagann
>underwhelming
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.