[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hunter/Chunin Exams >Boy with red eyes trying to avenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

>Hunter/Chunin Exams
>Boy with red eyes trying to avenge his dead clan who also had red eyes
>A demon fox named Kurama
>Creepy pedo who the MC kids meet during the exam, who really wants one of those kids to "ripen"
>13-man terrorist group
>Said pedo joins terrorist group to further his own ends, and eventually leaves
Isn't it kind of disgusting how a hack author can blatantly rip-off of another author's ideas and work, and make a massively popular series out of it? How far would Naruto have gotten had Kishimoto not shamelessly stole so many of Togashi's ideas and put them into his own shitty series?
>>
>>146483419
Edgelord has red eyes and wants revenge? Tournament arc? Pervert villain? "Magic" numbers used wherever possible?

Just shounen cliche, older than Togashi
>>
>>146483419
>Edgelord has red eyes and wants revenge?
What other Shounen specifically has that?
>Tournament arc?
A tournament arc that was structured almost identically to the Hunter arc.
>Pervert villain?
It's not just a pervert villain, though. The circumstances in which the villain meets the MCs, the goal that the villain has in relation to the MCs. It's all way too similar. There's inspiration and there's outright copying. Kishi is guilty of the latter.
>>
>>146483419
cry more.
>>
I love HxH and dislike Naruto, but I don't think it's a big deal. Togashi's work is influenced by other mangaka too, battle shounen is a very small, insular genre full of mangaka who know each other personally and work under the same magazine/publisher. It is in their/the companies/the other mangaka's interests to reference each other and promote genre conventions to build a brand. I would go so far as to assume Jump actively encourages it.
>>
>>146483771
Meant for
>>146483640
>>
>>146483419
In addition, Kishimoto loved the idea of strategic fights and nen types each having their own strengths and weaknesses. Kishimoto incorporated that kind of fighting style and strategy in his manga. However, not for very long (later on in the series things are all about how much raw power individuals have and their overpowered abilities). It just goes to show that you can admire an author's work and even create a work influenced by their ideas. Kishimoto, I don't think did that. He just used those concepts and abandoned them when his series accidentally turned into something else all together. There was a lack of vision in his work, but the vision was Togashi's.

Sure Togashi definitely was inspired by other battle shounen but he had a vision to incorporate those inspirations and, with intent, turn them into something new.

Narutotards just felt betrayed toward the end of Naruto because their reasons for liking the series at the beginning don't apply to the series anymore.

But I wouldn't call Kishimoto as as someone who stole Togashi's ideas. He incorporated them but with a lack of vision to turn it into something that he can call his own. Instead his work just turned from a HxH inspired strategy battle shounen to a dragon-ball z clone.
>>
>>146483419
Stop bringing this shit up, it's been done to death and Togashi has no problem with it.
>>
>>146483844
This.
Togashi himself is influenced heavily by DB/Z and JoJo. You can see it in HxH.
>>
>>146484094
>a dragon-ball z clone.
I wouldn't really say that. DBZ elements are in every battle shounen but it goes above and beyond most series in how utterly simple the narrative is. Naruto is a total clusterfuck in comparison, but that comes from a failed attempt at more depth/plot complexity than DBZ ever had.
>>
>>146484136
Just because an author doesn't air any grievances with another author for blatantly ripping off his work doesn't mean that fans can't have a problem with it.
>>
Naruto is better and it has lord Sasuke
>>
File: YYK_protagonists.jpg (34KB, 478x485px) Image search: [Google]
YYK_protagonists.jpg
34KB, 478x485px
>Boy meets girl from a spirit realm and fights evil demons

Sounds like Bleach
>>
>>146483419
>two similar shonen manga
WOW
STOP RIGHT THERE YOU CRAZY MAN
>>
>>146486571
You've never read Hunter X Hunter, have you?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.