[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deep Anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: kenshin13_kenshinsoujiro.jpg (32KB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
kenshin13_kenshinsoujiro.jpg
32KB, 400x304px
Has there ever been an anime that delves into psychological traumas or sociopathy like Kenshin vs Sojiro and Aoshi?

I was watching the show and it dawned on me, that anime is actually the perfect vector to explore issues that normally seem unexplainable. or at the very least unrelatable.

You can portray anything in anime without worrying about actors that may not be able to sell the target issue, or the need for a long-winded backdrop like Lifetime movies.
>>
>>146470624
>psychological traumas or sociopathy
Eva.
>>
>>146470624
You do realize that Kenshiro didn't give a shit about Soujiro right? He was intentionally mind fucking him in order to win. That was cold as hell and not deep at all.
>>
>>146470624
Yes.
>>
Boku no /a/ is dead.
>>
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>146470624
>delves into psychological traumas or sociopathy like Kenshin vs Sojiro and Aoshi?

a short flashback to explain a motivation and a magical cure in a matter of minutes is not "delving" into anything
>>
File: 1472223046242.jpg (54KB, 680x766px) Image search: [Google]
1472223046242.jpg
54KB, 680x766px
>>146470624
>>
>>146473708
Kenshin could have knocked him out cold while he was having his psychotic breakdown, or fixing his sandal like Sanosuke was saying, but didn't because it wouldn't have changed anything. Also, Kenshin screaming "SOUJIROOOOOO! WHAT HAPPENED?!" mid-battle tells me he genuinely cares.

>>146473862
The flashback was an entire episode while he was fixing his sandal. And Soujiro's entire involvement in the story was "delving" into his sociopathy. Maybe they didn't immediately go into how pissed off he was that Kenshin didn't kill that big guy, but that's because he was nullifying his emotions.
>>
>>146475093
>sociopathy
he was a sycophant, not a sociopath
>>
>>146475173
He was both. He only respected Shishio because he felt like he owed him his life. Which is true. The reason he ran and got the sword after all is because the people raising him were so bad they were going to kill him and hide his body. His sycophancy comes more from the fact he was raised as a slave.
>>
>>146470624

Midori Shojou was a trip.

Being a poor peasant in a modernizing Japan must have been garbage
>>
Grave of the Fireflies is also pretty good. Nothing better than getting into the mind of a losing Imperial Japanese citizen
>>
Sad ending to a great story
>>
>>146476283
The manga ends with a happy ending as canon.
>>
>>146475939

When has being a poor peasant been the shit?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.