[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Togashi X Kishitmoto Interview Part 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: 1.jpg (294KB, 728x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
294KB, 728x1063px
>>
File: 2.jpg (253KB, 784x1145px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
253KB, 784x1145px
>>
File: 3.jpg (276KB, 784x1145px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
276KB, 784x1145px
>>
File: 4.jpg (273KB, 784x1145px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
273KB, 784x1145px
>>
File: 5.jpg (243KB, 784x1145px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
243KB, 784x1145px
>>
File: 6.jpg (247KB, 784x1145px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
247KB, 784x1145px
>>
File: 7.jpg (250KB, 784x1145px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
250KB, 784x1145px
>>
>>146459029
Sounds like he doesn't have much left for HxH.
>>
>>146459029
Thanks anon.
>>
>>146459164
Hmm? I didn't get that at all. He's still committed to finishing HxH first, which of course will never happen, because we'll all be dead before then.
>>
File: shiggy.jpg (42KB, 690x388px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.jpg
42KB, 690x388px
>>146458827
>>146458900
Haha! They sound just like Miyamoto.

Miyamoto
>But talking over fundamental issues like Koizumi-san’s views on the importance of story, the function of stories in games and what kind of game Mario is, I learned something important.
Iwata:
And what was that?
Miyamoto:
>I realised that whether it’s story or movies, it’s not about whether we need them or don’t need them. What’s most important is that the game resonates.
Iwata:
What exactly do you mean?

Miyamoto:
>Unless you’re careful, there’s a tendency for games like Mario that can be played by children to gradually become childish. Those making the game tend to unconsciously make them that way. Taking how Mario’s line can be scripted as an example, they even propose to write, “Where’d my mommy go?”. When someone in their fifties like me hears their player-character speak childishly like that, it doesn’t quite sit right. After all, Mario wasn’t a game only for children in the first place. As I make a game, I try to keep in mind that guys in their fifties will play it, too. We go back and forth about other issues, as well. “Can we make Mario speak?” “No, Mario is the player, so he shouldn’t talk.” Like that. But he does say things like “mamma mia,” so someone will be like, “Wait wait... He’s talking, isn’t he?!” (laughs)

Iwata:
>(laughs)

Miyamoto:
>But that’s not necessarily a bad thing. When it comes to whether a game should be childish or less childish or Mario should talk or he shouldn’t…

Iwata:
>Those things aren’t essential.

Miyamoto:
>Exactly. I realised when I talked to Koizumi-san that those things aren’t essential. Whether or not the game world resonates with you as you’re playing the game is what’s most important. For example, when you watch a big-budget movie, you may be amazed by all the pyrotechnics, but at the same time, something isn’t quite hitting home with you.
>>
kishimoto ripped most of his stuff from hxh.
>>
>>146458733
>kishimoto
Literally kino mangaka.
>>
I like Togashi's point about not obsessing about little details in the world at the beginning and allowing yourself to add and change small elements as they come to you

Also that little jab at this Isekai trend was interesting
>>
>>146459029
Thx anon =)
>>
File: 1428243871541.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1428243871541.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>>146458733
>Togashi Sensei: You're forced to draw every week.
>>
>too sick to work
>not to sick to do interviews and play video games
>>
>>146463373
Yes sitting and talking as well as playing video games are easier to do with back issues then being hunched over a desk drawing for hours
>>
>>146463373
>Sitting on your ass vs sitting on your ass
kek
>>
>>146458733
>in terms of pure illustration ability, a manga artist cannot beat an animator
Kishi laying down truths
>>
>>146465597
So what to do? become an animator!
Like based Murata!
>>
>>146465597
Kishi must know a thing or two about animators, no wonder he wanted Tetsuya Nishio to be the character designer for the Naruto anime.
>>
They went ahead and talked about isekai. I was not expecting that.

Nice stuff. Better than the first half.
>>
>>146458827
>Most are terribly boring
Nameless Editor doesn't hold back.
>>
>>146462785
>jab at this Isekai
It was to Black Clover
If anything, Togashi knows one or two thing about Isekai given how much dragon quest he plays
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.