[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Psycho-Pass, /a/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 27

What are your thoughts on Psycho-Pass, /a/?
>>
Season 1 was great
Season 2 was utter trash
Movie was meh as I stopped caring after S2
>>
agree except i didn't watch the movie. might give it a shot though
>>
>>146457055
season one was pretty good, season two was bascially the same withoutt being being original and denying most of akanes develeopment in season one, having her relive it
>>
>>146457135
>>146457678
I've only seen S1. Are S2 and the movie that bad that they would retroactively ruin it for me?
>>
>>146458613
I'd pretend only S1 got made if I could. If I hadn't watched S2 with /a/, I could have never finished it.
>>
I personally have no idea why people hate S2 so much.
>>
File: 1415961377604.jpg (236KB, 1470x828px) Image search: [Google]
1415961377604.jpg
236KB, 1470x828px
>>146458813
Really?
>>
Season 1 was excellent. Season 2 was a disappointing letdown. The movie was average, and didn't really progress the story anywhere.
>>
>>146457055
I've been thinking about picking it up because I'm in the mood for some futuristic shit. If s2 is that bad, could I just watch the first and be satisfied?
>>
>>146457055
was a good show
>>
Season 1 was great.

Season 2 was fine, I'm not sure why everyone was so angry about it.
>>
One of the few series where the dub was better than the sub.
>>
>S1 is ok but S2 is trash
don't say that. that's like how DTB was.
>>
File: 1417868653953.webm (2MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
1417868653953.webm
2MB, 1000x562px
S1 was good.
S2 not so much but i had fun. Mostly because of it's ridiculousness in some moments.
>>
>>146459260
Disgusting
>>
>>146457055
I still have not got around to watching it because I wanted to wait until it was a complete story.
>>
>>146459270
Fucking bullshit. DtB S2 was intentionally turned into a generic school setting shit because the director was some moe loving cunt. Terrible comparison.
>>
Who's great idea was it to make "Hyper Oats" a serious part of the end-game finale?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (24KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
24KB, 1024x576px
Why didn't you protect his smile, /a/?
>>
>>146457055
The entire thing is trash. The only decent thing is the 2nd opening.
>>
>>146457055
season 1 is masterpiece tier that will be remembered for generations.
season 2 is alright and pretty good.
>>
>>146459431
S1 is a complete story.
>>
File: 1408412903490.jpg (237KB, 1279x718px) Image search: [Google]
1408412903490.jpg
237KB, 1279x718px
>>146459489
>>
>>146459372
>burger clap.webm
Pretty much the only good thing that came out of season 2.
>>
File: 1416540692203.jpg (212KB, 448x426px) Image search: [Google]
1416540692203.jpg
212KB, 448x426px
>>146459642
And WC, and Mika in some other moments, all is calm all is bright, Akane being cool and pic related.
Some cool moments and unintentional comedy.
>>
>>146459571
I had a feeling that more was going to be added after it was said season 1 left stuff hanging and a movie.
>>
File: 1417122994774.jpg (1MB, 2000x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1417122994774.jpg
1MB, 2000x1075px
>>
>>146459619
That's amazing.

Now I really regret not watching this with /a/.
>>
Shit
>>
File: 1409255720394.jpg (379KB, 1626x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1409255720394.jpg
379KB, 1626x1212px
>>146459962
The threads were amazing.
>>
>>146459941
I don't know about the movie, but S2 is a completely new arc with a new villain, it takes place after S1 but there's no cliffhanger between them or anything. If PP ended on S1 it would probably be for the best.
>>
>>146459960
threads were like this?
i missed out
>>
File: 1351732478336.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1351732478336.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
S1 made an attempt to be a show with actual substance but didn't fully succeed because the butcher couldn't handle the material. Still, it was a great show, and in this gay-ass industry it's better to try and come short than play it safe.

S2 was ass.

The movie tried to do action and failed. The Kagane vs Kougami fight is the only well-done, well-produced encounter because it was actually short and restrained. Most other sequences were a waste of time. The story had potential but was markedly half-assed due to all the screen-time being taken by shitty action scenes. The teacher/student reunion didn't have the impact it should've had. Mediocre overall.

Eagerly awaiting S3.

'CAUSE I FEEEEL' is the best OP of the last 5 years, fight me irl, faggots.
>>
>>146459027
It gave a lot of Kogami development. Also the whole political plot with the Sibyl System betraying the military police and Akane lecturing the Sibyl system was based as fuck.

>>146459101
Yes. Season 1 sees it's own completion.
>>
>>146460280
>Kagane vs Kougami

Had a brain-fart, meant Akane vs Kougami.
>>
Forum arc:
Humans naturally want to fit in and adapt to others based off of expectations and this leads to lack of individuality, identity, and true purpose. The popular forum users were examples of a constant shift of their changing to expectations and this in turn affected the fan’s thought leading to a circle society.
This is shown with how after being replaced by a fan the popular forum leaders would become more popular because they were idolized by what people knew them as and what they wanted. The fan acted as such a great replacement because he understood what the masses desired.

People find things that help reaffirm their selves and make them feel happy even if it is nothing more than an empty symbol.
The villain expresses this trait by taking solace in the holograms even though their controllers were long dead. He also says that they were set free from their physical counterparts as in he considers their façade self to be a full and true human.

The villain praises the popular forum owners as true humans and gave them his purpose when they were also puppets of others like him

Because he valued the holograms as real people he thought that by studying others he could become his own person but if ulterior forces only influence his perception he is a puppet like the holograms, which is shown by how he is torn apart when the holograms lose their original personality when taken over.

People want to be together like one group and the society shows this with the Sibyl System and the forums as simply being the next step

The Forum arc was incredible.
>>
Art arc:
Humans are complex creatures that strive for improvement powered by necessity. With self-reflection and an individual can look at the horror within them and the world to understand and learn to accept it to improve their selves.
This is shown with the villain and her father’s grotesque artwork forcing an individual to see internal horror.
When Yunizuka told the child to let out her tear lest her hue gets clouded was referencing this theme in saying that denying or ignoring sorrow is not affective but it must be dealt with and acknowledged to truly move on.

If everything is handled by another source and distress is not appreciated humans aren’t forced to analyze themselves and in turn cease progress, which effectively makes them walking corpses and is a vital aspect of happiness. In turn it was rather ironic that human’s desire for contention led them to suffering
Psycho-Pass portrays this point with the Sibyl system’s treatment plans as causing humans to become brain dead.

When confronted with a forced path even if it is a favorable one people will try to resist, which is how the arc’s villain was able to get people to do what she wanted. The Sibil System and the archaic school were these restrictions.

The school’s archaic style tied the message of blind development and servitude to the eerily relevant modern world, which in turn created an analysis of human nature. This relates to the forum’s arc message of humans desire to be closer to one another.
The art arc was awesome.
>>
cryberneti

This arc opens up with a reporter interviewing a cybernetic developer. The reporter shows subdued animosity towards cybernetics as backed by the average viewer saying they would not want to have a body over fifty percent machine. The scientist then challenges the reporter to observe herself in a different perspective and thinking of her body as beyond her biological form. In her reliance on technology he says that makes the machine a part of her. This is an interesting concept that makes you further question the boundaries of self

The masses disliked the idea of surrendering their bodies to machines but as the reporter says they essentially already have, which points out that the Sibil system might be flawed. It also shows how humans turn a blind eye towards what they perceive as helpful. This analyses the development of society and its constantly shifting views of taboos. The scientist isn’t actually different from the others but merely further along the path of acceptance due to his field allowing him to see the information more clearly.

When met with something different they begin to act irrationally on their instincts. This is shown in how becoming a latent criminal will cause people to treat your whole family and associates with more contempt. Makashima also says this when he trapped the villain arc with Kogami as he wishes to see how they both react to learn their true selves.

When shoehorned into a role and a style of living people become dependent on that and cannot comprehend a different form of existence. When Akane saw that the Sibil System didn’t read Makashima as a criminal she was torn apart. Even though when her friend’s life was on the line she was unable to shoot Makashima with the shotgun. Her incessant scanning of Makashima showed that she was struggling for the Sibil System to recognize him as a criminal. This showed that she could understand its error at least to some extent but every fiber wanted to believe in the System.
>>
Yayoi origins:
In a world of perfection ideas stagnate as people make assumptions of what is right and wrong, which limits the creativity and growth of a society. This also influences a form of discrimination. This is shown in the verified art as some people automatically make assumptions from the higher power’s decree.

The show also states that a human will adapt and accept their surrounding. This idea is thrown on its head because this was usually thought of as humans adapting to a positive environment but is also showed rehab patients becoming accustomed to being a latent criminal as they are forever repressed and they accept their empty lives, which ruins their chances of becoming a functioning member of society.

The previously mentioned idea is then used to create the idea of acceptance to the system in that the only way to join society as a whole is to openly embrace the system and join the repressors. This is interesting, as it never really explained if this is good or bad. On one hand it may seem like the system is unstoppable so you just have to accept the pros of the Sibil System and help it. But it can also be interpreted as you losing yourself and contributing to other people losing themselves.

The art arc is referenced with people wanting to resist control because they are unable to form expression and therefore resist it the controllers.

The concept of influence is also touched upon. Yayoi is shown as a healthy person with verification to create art but when affiliating with the less respected unverified music her hue does change as member of the system had warned. Also when she was met with the enforcers and inspectors Yayoi decided to go the path of control as she learned to accept the system. Yayoi taking the shot was the ultimate symbol of her surrendering to the system.
The yayoi episode was interesting too.
>>
Helmet arc (1/2):

Opens with a discussion of facades but this time compares it to the Sibyl System in that the system can make flaws and the requirements of humans as operators. This may refer to society as a whole being an interconnected unit that needs a level falsity to survive. This brings up the question of is the masses believing a lie needed or acceptable to preserve peace or if the truth must be met head on as has been explored in previous arcs.

Tomomi’s punishment for questioning the Sibyl system shows once again brings up the theme of acceptance and ignorance to a flaw if it cannot be fought. The people’s belief in the Sibyl system is shown as being the most important aspect and the arrest of the serial killer without the order of Sibyl once again brings up acceptance and the usage of a façade.

The use of enforcers and inspectors with the Sibyl system also shows the complexity of a system’s inability to achieve perfection and proposes the conjunction of man and machine as the apex form of progress. (Forshadowing.exe)

(Although very small and one of the many small things showing the butterflies as a flickering hologram represent the subdued and fake happiness of the world caused by the Sibyl system)
>>
Helmet arc (2/2):
As shown before the people believe the Sibyl System to be infallible. When there were failures in the Sibyl System it showed how people would react. People reacted violently and began to believe illogical assumption to try and create meaning to the flaw that they were never prepared for. Continuing with the moral dilemma it is shown that although a totalitarian society would be like a beautiful glass sculpture it also has the ability to shatter without hopes of a solution.

When people are oppressed and everything they understood is shattered as people will not just lash out but they will also scramble to find something to take hope in such as the people with the helmets, the goons with Makashima, and the respecting citizens with violence.

A question that has existed throughout the entire series continues to persist: Is Makashima even wrong. With pure happiness people become drones and Makashima wants people to break out of their stupor and question. He wants the masses to doubt so that they can become invigorated again and not accept the ideas of another.

(The comparison of the previously low psycho-pass citizens and the helmet users was awesome)
>>
Finale:

Joining the Sibyl System is the ultimate form of acceptance. But Makashima explores the idea of the physical being directly attached to the mental and sitting back without risk is practically the same as death. How interesting is it that the Sibyl System itself is the same mindless, fearless form of life that it has been pushing upon the citizens. When Tomah was faced with death he panicked because he had always spent his time away from danger and was unable to adapt because he never had to self reflect.
(using normal humans as dominator users shows the System acknowledging its flaws)

“Humans are clever wolves not stupid sheep. We just convince ourselves we don’t know what happening.” Kogami said this in reference to why people believed in the Sibyl System and why it fell apart so easily. When not met with danger or self-reflection people will not be able to act as is needed. People themselves aren’t stupid they just belief what is false because they can’t bring themselves to face the truth.
>>
Finale (2/2)
Akane’s imagined conversation with Yuki puts forward the idea that maybe believing the lie or the façade is what people need and although they might not have decided with his or her own will the happiness and purpose they receive is not just true but natural and worthwhile. But Akane also says that people can explore who they are even with the sibyl system and that this should be natural. (needs further analysis and maybe critique from peers)

Kogami resisted the control, looked into himself, and put himself in danger because that’s his nature. Just like someone that Kogami hates.
Kogami’s realization that what he’s doing is wrong but he must do for his conviction to do the right thing truly stresses the complexity of our world’s basic morality.

Makashima’s separation from the Sibyl System as a theory for his hatred’s growth may be counteracting Makashima’s theory of human’s desire to be separate in thought.

The widespread ignorance of the masses as stated by the bio scientist could not just be equated to the Sibyl System’s tendencies to make people “empty” but merely the effects of excess, which could be taken as a commentary on the present day society that currently resides in developed nations.

“The law doesn’t protect the people. People protect the law.” This means that humans looked within themselves to find their own interpretations of the world and they brought it about. It also analyses what morality is to many people, which is the standardized code of morals for society.

Akane ended with going with and accepting the Sibyl System while still trying to fight and she embraced the façade while still planning to tear it down. This shows the merits of the shows main themes and Akane’s development through interactions with those that contradicted her previously held belief.

Give me a (you) ;-;
>>
General themes:
The main theme of pyscho pass is the moral dilemma between using a Sibil System and a totalitarian government vs disregarding them for a weaker government that at first seems like a worse choice but this older style world has important

The importance of a façade and acceptance is a common theme.

The importance of understanding and the necessity of not accepting is also a theme.

Akane’s psycho-pass is always clear because of her naivety, which is often regarded as a burden by the enforcers. This is to show how the Sibil System can actually be a weakness to an individual.
>>
Season 1 was great, really good.
Season 2 was cool, could have been better if they didn't repeat the themes of season 1 too much. I liked the concept in principle, it was just a little bit too much for me. Also best edge boy wasn't there anymore
>>
what just happened?
there's alot of stuff to read suddenly.
And it's as deep as evangellion
>>
>>146461151
Which one? Two edge boys left the scene.
>>
>>146459270
DtB S2 was great, ya'll are just too lazy to watch the ÓVA's. Those were what made S2 great IMO.
>>
>>146461192
>there's alot of stuff to read suddenly.
And it's as deep as evangellion
That can be taken multiple different ways what do you mean.
>>
>there's alot of stuff to read suddenly.And it's as deep as evangellion
What?
>>
>>146460963
Shit, dog, I'd gladly discuss this and give you an honest (you), but there's too much shit to marinate about. There is not way to reason about this at such length in a thread that may get swept away.
>>
>>146461198
I of course mean best boy love interest who is living contently in the woods now.
>>
I honestly couldn't handle all the engrish of the movie, it was mind grating and I am fucking ESL
>>
>>146460963
What really interests me is how in the real world, people slowly self-censor themselves more and more which is basically direct result of the human nature and how we want to truly belong in a community.

Also it reminds, my parents grew up in a former soviet republic and it was really interesting to hear how despite majority hating communism, they just accepted the system as it is and some even joined the party to get the most out of it no matter if they believed in it or not. Human adaptability never ceases to amaze me.
>>
>>146460963
Thanks for that, anon. It was a nice read.
>>
>>146461668
Yeah, I think it's universally agreed that the Engrish was near unbearable. I don't remember ever having to mute a movie during dialog scenes before. It's a shame the edit that mixes the dub with the original is so lacking.
>>
>>146461516
>>146461994
Thanks guys.
>>146461744
Well that's certainly an interesting story. I once heard someone say that Psycho-Pass isn't that popular because it argues against an authoritarian government.
I liked Psycho-Pass because it actually made me lose my utilitarianistic beliefs due to how it makes you accept a defeatus attitude about not trying to find a better way, and I realized that utilitarianism isn't as objective as many would you think.
>>
>>146458613
I watched s2 only because the ED was really good and most of the time I just waited for the episode to be over so I can hear it again. Also Akane a very cute so that made everything okay

So I guess it was okay as long as you know that it's the same exact story as s1 except worse with no character development.
>>
File: 1417463693962.jpg (104KB, 1024x758px) Image search: [Google]
1417463693962.jpg
104KB, 1024x758px
>>146457055
I liked it. S2 was a bit too heavy on the pizza and other absurdness, but at least the movie was good. The threads were fun and Akane is moe. I might be a sucker for anything not set in high school or in Dragon Quest, but that doesn't mean I give anime that isn't that a free pass.

I don't know if I want another season or movie, but I'd definitely watch it. If it's a series, I'd love for Okada to write for it. It would perfect.
>>
>>146462716
What was the deal with the pizza meme?
>>
>>146459798
How have I never seen that image before.
>>
>>146458613
S1 is great on its own, S2 was only good when watching with /a/. Movie is good or bad depending on how you like the ending.
>>
>>146458613
it doesn't ruin anything, but it also doesnt add anything. I've you can't get enough of psycho pass, watch em, otherwise I'd recommend you to skip them
>>
If there's a 3rd season I hope butcher will be more involved than he was in the 2nd one
>>
>>146463423
The movie gave Makishima character development.
>>
>>146457055
The second season doesn't exist.
>>
>>146463647
I mean kogami. Typo or was it.
>>
I hope the game is good.
>>
>>146465731
Isn't it going to be a vn?

>>146460963
(you) that's some good shit.
>>
>>146462814
the exploding bodies looked like pizza

an early episode of season 2 had like dozen people explode on screen within minutes

hence 'pizza party'

I think it started when Choe exploded in episode 16 of season one
>>
>>146468097
Ok, I see what your talking about now. I didn't see it with /a/ but I remember that stupid gore fest that couldn't even bother to show the laser bullets.
>>
I loved the MC. Instead of going against the establishment she endorses it and that was really cool.

>>146457135
S2 had Mika and she was really enjoyable.
>>
>>146468481
>Mika
>Enjoyable
The only enjoyable part about her was when the Sibyl system mind raped her are she completely submitted herself to it. To first season had too many people resisting Sibyl and getting away with it.
>>
File: cus i feel.jpg (88KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
cus i feel.jpg
88KB, 750x750px
>>146468481
>Mika was really enjoyable
>>
File: i-want-to-believe.jpg (31KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
i-want-to-believe.jpg
31KB, 600x750px
>>146459512
He's alive somewhere, just biding his time for the heroic reappearance.
>>
What was her name again?
>>
File: 1444688765122.jpg (201KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444688765122.jpg
201KB, 1280x720px
>>146460620
>>146460668
>>146460723
>>146460775
>>146460818
>>146460866
>>146460909
>>146460963
fuck you what are you trying to say
>>
the movie didn't clear up dick
>>
How horrible is the VN? The translation is coming out in like a week.
>>
File: back_top.jpg (156KB, 1050x700px) Image search: [Google]
back_top.jpg
156KB, 1050x700px
There's a working dominator prop up for sale now. I want it bad.

https://dominator.cerevo.com/en/
>>
>>146459960
>classic psycho-pass thread
>classic
>WC on the wall

nigga whut
>>
>>146470202
>800 bucks
I expected an expensive niche product but christ.

>>146469715
He presents some neat arguments if you read it carefully.
>>
>>146457055
mob psycho is really good
>>
Post the red head slut that smokes from the first season
>>
File: wc.png (24KB, 800x394px) Image search: [Google]
wc.png
24KB, 800x394px
>>146470292
Well, it was made when S2 was airing. I'm sure there is one for S1.
>>
File: 1424245021639.webm (623KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1424245021639.webm
623KB, 1280x720px
Shougo was probably the best anime villain of the past decade. PP is one of the few shows which are legitimately 2deep4u concerning 90% of viewers.
>>
>>146457055
S1 was pretty good, S2 was decent, but it felt a bit silly at times.
Lack of charismatic antagonist really brought it down compared to S1.

Akane was extremely moe.
>>
>>146470409
this, most of the literary references probably went over everyone's heads
>>
>>146470471
>moe

You're fired.
>>
>>146470510
Sorry buddy, but Akane is the next step in the evolution of moe.
>>
>>146470472
>hear PP got an extended cut
>they cleaned up all the terrible 'quality'
>better appreciate the narrative on a 2nd viewing too
>realize Shougo was an a dark sociopathy jesus figure with nietzschean elements
>he literally sacrifices himself after that scene with the parable of the sower
>wonder how the fuck I missed all of this the first time
>PP wasn't just pretentious literary namedrops
>bump it up to an 8/10

If anyone wants to pickup PP from this thread make sure you watch the Extended Edition.
>>
>>146459960
Shogo did nothing wrong.
>>
>>146470295
>>146469715
Yeah, sorry about being a little vague in my descriptions. I wrote that analysis as I was watching the show, so I do reference a lot of specific events.
>>
>>146459798
Gee, Kamui, why does Sibyl let you have 8 Dominators?
>>
>>146470202
>https://dominator.cerevo.com/en/
I'm the guy who dumped all that analysis, and Psycho-Pass is one of my favorite shows ever. Fucking want this shit.
>>
>>146471305
"Because when I was a child the Sibyl System betrayed public trust and literally shoved 100 brat's brains into me so maybe I can get fucking 8 dominators."
>>
File: 1464063433372.gif (327KB, 500x238px) Image search: [Google]
1464063433372.gif
327KB, 500x238px
>>146457055
Hyper oats
Looking forward to season 3
>>
S1 was so so. Way too pretentious to be enjoyable, but watchable.
I dropped S2 very early on.
>>
>>146471671
S3 is happening? 2025?
>>
File: 1352783633621.gif (436KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1352783633621.gif
436KB, 500x280px
>>146457055
Dropped it before S2, SPOOKY BOOGIE is all I really remember about it
>>
File: Sibyl Hates The Gays.jpg (423KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sibyl Hates The Gays.jpg
423KB, 1280x720px
>>146468481
>S2 had Mika and she was really enjoyable.
Mika is going to wind up an enforcer if she doesn't get her act together and start taking the dick.

Lesbianism is illegal in SS Japan.
>>
>>146471962
Mika needs to die in a completely stupid and inconsequential way, as befitting her terrible character.
>>
Not enough Gino suffering is the main problem.
>>
>>146472040
The poor guy's going to die 1 day from his 30th birthday. He won't even be blessed with wizardhood.
>>
File: Dunning Kruger Effect.png (874KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Dunning Kruger Effect.png
874KB, 1920x1088px
>>146472003
But we need her around to fuck things up and act smug about it.

Just like a real life bureaucrat who's job mostly consists of watching other people do the job instead.
>>
Makishima did nothing wrong
>>
>>146472040
>Not enough Gino Suffering
>Watch father's crime coefficient cloud because of detective work
>Watch best friend's crime coefficient cloud because of his passion with a crime
>Be disillusioned with detective work because all of your have their lives be ruined with your passion, detective work.
>See colleague be able to use detective work without worsening her crime coefficient
>crime coefficient gets worse despite you trying to remain uninvolved
>father dies because you couldn't act outside of the mission and fucking save him
>crime coefficient rises and life is ruined because your learn to function outside of the plan
>Not enough Gino suffering.
>>
>>146472040
It's hard to make him suffer now that he's an enforcer. His suffering in S1 was all about him worrying over his CC and the psychiatrist/director actively degrading his mental state.

Which makes you wonder, does the SS try to ruin its better inspectors' CCs and turn them into enforcers?
>>
>>146472400
A lot of people think the SS tries to hurt some of it's inspectors so they can function as superior enforcers.
>>
>>146472432
Certainly gives asshat a reason to be running around as an enforcer beyond 'my sociopath mommy loves me'
>>
>>146472537
His involvement with Akane was supposed to be an experiment at least that's what I got from it.
>>
I miss all of the stoner Gino love.
>>
>>146472003
Mika is cute and did nothing wrong.
>>
>>146473540
>Mika
>Nothing wrong
Stop thinking with your dick. It's why all her friends died at that school.
>>
>>146473540
No.
>>
File: too based.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
too based.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
Was he in the right?
>>
>>146475437
His crime coefficient is 0 so he clearly isn't doing anything wrong.
>>
>>146475586
oh.. I didn't think of that.
Long live Sibyl I guess.
>>
I miss makishima
I like when the bad guy isn't a dumbass
>>
>>146461066
Thanks for posting it, i remember you talking about this some time ago
>>
>>146477808
Yeah thanks man.I just wanted to dump all of my analysis in an active looking thread. Sorry about not being good enough about identifying specific examples when I reference scenes. I'm sure if you remember the series well though you can remember which scene I am referring to at the time. If not then it's time for a rewatch, baby.
>>
>>146461744
Throw a bunch of dudes in mars and in 100 years we will have newtypes
screencap this
>>
It's so good, I wish they made a second season.

But who am I kidding, why would they ever do that?
I mean they lost the main antagonist, and the city is presented in a way that its flawed but agreeable with, which makes a good Dystopian fiction.

So yeah everything is perfectly wrapped up for me.
>>
>>146477975
we just want Ko and Akane to bang up against a wall
>>
>>146477975
>not sure if unaware or if mind blocked knowledge of the
>>
>>146477907
Funny you mention that,i just finished watching the extended cut.
>>
>>146477967
>Throw a bunch of dudes in mars and in 100 years we will have newtypes
RAHAB!!!
>>
>>146478068
If that's the case tell me if my analysis is to your liking. Also drop some critique if you want.

Where can i find the extended cut?

Little stuff for how Yayoi told that one child who was crying to let out her tears let her psycho-pass get cloudy are the types of little scenes I was talking about.
>>
Nyaa has one with good seeds in 1080p

What i've liked more on yer analysis is the fact that you got the entire shades of grey that the show presents us down to a T, usually you either have anarchic madman or people that would make sybil blush with their ideias

One thing that you could improve is the analysis on why shogo quotes so many books, making him a "bridge" from our world to the SS world using them as a base. that would dispel the "hurr durr books and shit uro butcher is a pretentious hipster" from the threads,
>>
>>146478191
>Little stuff for how Yayoi told that one child who was crying to let out her tears let her psycho-pass get cloudy are the types of little scenes I was talking about.

That's in the normal edition too, and it was Mika Shimostuki she was comforting (which is why Mika is thirsty for Yayoi in season 2).
>>
>>146478580
>which is why Mika is thirsty for Yayoi in season 2
Partly, Mika was already blatantly a lesbian. Yayoi just gave her a waifu.
>>
>>146457135

This, pretty much. It's funny, S1 had me on the edge of my seat, I seriously thought it was pretty intense during the first view. But with S2, I just had trouble holding laughter. Not even DtB managed to fuck things up as bad.

The movie was okay-ish, but everybody just felt out of character. And all the kogami abuse got comical.
>>
[Guitar riff]
I WOULD LIKE TO SHOW
>>
>>146479332
CUT OPEN MY SKULL
>>
Makishima is a real hero and I wish I was like him.
>>
File: 895469881.jpg (57KB, 500x576px) Image search: [Google]
895469881.jpg
57KB, 500x576px
>>146480144

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars."
>>
>>146480144
Choe Gu-sung was the more impressive of the two. One was born with his SS immunity, the other has to make it as he goes along.

I remember hoping that the villain in PP2 had happened upon Gu-song's toolbox because SS hadn't properly cleaned up after offing him on the sly.
>>
>>146457055
It gave us Akane if nothing else
>>
>>146457055
1st season was good, skipped S2 after hearing it sucked and the movie was ok.
>>
>>146481113
Worst girl, you mean?
Makishima slit the wrong cumdumpster's throat.
>>
>>146480144
Makishima was wonderful all the way through. Even his death, despite being cornered and put down by Kougami, was beautiful and showed how much he actually cared for the human spirit.

Dying with such glorious content like that really amped up the respect I already had for him.
>>
File: 1468905229119.jpg (51KB, 473x391px) Image search: [Google]
1468905229119.jpg
51KB, 473x391px
>>146480144
>When he talks about Gibson, Dick and Orwell
I had a massive boner, I've never thought I would see an anime where some of my favorite authors are cited
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.