[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we discuss whether or not the anime industry is dying.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1472256379544.png (175KB, 537x416px) Image search: [Google]
1472256379544.png
175KB, 537x416px
ITT: we discuss whether or not the anime industry is dying.
>>
Haha meme
>>
It's not dying it's devolving.
>>
File: 1452369777316.png (217KB, 537x443px) Image search: [Google]
1452369777316.png
217KB, 537x443px
>>
>>146445148
Yes, anon. There just aren't enough smart shows for smart people like ourselves anymore.
>>
>>146446436
There aren't enough smart people to warrant smart shows. What smart people do exist seem to fail to understand that they have to vote with their wallets.
>>
>>146446542
Wallet voting isn't enough
>>
>>146446651
It would be enough if your wallet were bigger.
This is a free market democracy.
>>
>>146445148
How can it be dying? It's literally bigger now than it's ever been before.
>>
>>146446737
Supernovae are also larger than the original stars.
This does not mean I support the notion of a dying anime industry.
>>
This is a great time for anime that's all I have to say.
>>
anime died when the first otaku started saying "anime's not dead, anime's not dead"
>>
>>146445148
I think older trends are dying. Quality of shows is a little on low side but it's definitely at a point where we have been getting better shows. I think the industry will improve soon.
>>
We are most definitely at a turning point. New technologies and circumstances are making themselves felt. I feel that 2021 anime will look vastly different from 2016 anime, but I cannot predict the exact changes.
>>
We just have to wait for something pig, every year some big show happens and it changes the face of the industry.
>>
>>146445148
Dying? It's dead.
It's now literally a manga/LN/figures/toys/games ad.
With questionable definitions of cute girls.
Movies are different beast. They are animated movies.
>>
But JoJo is still here
>>
Anime is selling a lot worse than a few years ago. Not that long ago, the big flops sold a couple thousands perhaps, and selling only one frt was something special that only happened to a few shows. Every season had many anime breaking, or at least getting close to 10000, which is now considered rare, and like 50% of all anime only makes around 1 frt. The big deciding factor in the future will be whether anime remains popular in China, or it's just a fad. If anime fails in China, it may fall to western levels.
>>
>>146446337
yukko is annoying tho
>>
Economy fluctuates. Anime does too.

Only plebs believe what the prophets of apocalypse said 5, 10 & 20 years ago.
>>
>>146445148
It's been getting better, 2016 has been the best year for anime in a long time.
>>
>>146450433
There is no law of the universe that states that anime will always exist. It could disappear and never come back. It has happened to other arts, it could happen to anime too.

Why doesn't other countries have any cartoon industries of note? It shows that populations can go fine without anime. If Japan also cares little enough, it can happen there too.
>>
>>146450433
As far as I'm concerned anime died with digital production and the death of the ova market and every single doomsayer from that era was 100% correct.

Gook slaves put out better work than Japan at this point.
>>
File: 1428421297438.gif (282KB, 707x720px) Image search: [Google]
1428421297438.gif
282KB, 707x720px
As long as they pump out two or three CGDCT shows out each season until I die, I don't really give a fuck desu
>>
>>146446737

Cranking out more shit doesn't necessarily mean that an industry is healthy. It's pretty obvious the industry is going well beyond it's means of production and spreading it's resources way too thin lately in just trying to crank out 12 episode adaptations of commercial hits as fast as humanly possible. It's the most obvious with A-1 half of whose shows keep falling apart mid season while they just push through anyway, but that's just a symptom of an industry wide shortage of personnel. It's starting to get more and more discussion in Japan but of course the Western scene doesn't talk about it because the industry slaves like ANN, MAL and the like aren't going to report on it and make their sponsors look bad. Also people love to pretend everything is perfectly fine all the time as long as they have waifus. Doesn't matter if their waifus are getting ridden full of QUALITY and bad characterization due to lack of time and effort though.
>>
>>146453088
>>146453190
I think you should stop coming to /a/ if you don't watch anime anymore. You've quit being a fan.

Behave. Shame on you.
>>
>>146453273
i'm a fan of anime and i don't even watch anime
>>
>>146453190

It's kind of true, recent Chinese TV animation is starting to put Japanese TV animation to shame. Your Name is a good rare statement for why real anime film should stay around and what Japanese animation can be when the people involved actually give a shit unlike Aniplex's dog shit 1 hour trilogy things that they're trying to push but that's again a matter of time and resources. They couldn't do that kind of animated film making if they were just cranking out a dozen anime every year like an A-1 or modern production committee slave studio.
>>
>>146449228
But they always were ads for other stuff. The number of anime that was created just for an artistic vision can be counted on one hand.
>>
Anime died the moment Satoshi Kon did
>>
>>146453273
I watch a shitty comedy or two every season but you're right, I can't even comprehend the people who watch like 10 shows a season. I can't think of them as anything other than mentally ill.
>>
>>146453906
Kon was up his own ass before he died.
>look what I can do on screen with CGI
>forget about what story I'm trying to tell LOOK AT THE THINGS I CAN DO THAT WERE COST PROHIBITIVE ON CELS

Paprika was just so, so, so disappointing I can't even. It didn't make any money, and it meant Kon was forced to work on a more "bankable" kids anime until he died.
>>
>>146454538
There are pieces of art that develop the tools and then there are pieces of art that make use of the tools. It's always been like this.
Brave New World is a shitty story, but its ideas are interesting.
>>
>>146445148
has someone made a Kentucky fried chicken was a mistake image yet?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.