[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the strongest god of them all portrayed as a kid? And

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: latest[1].jpg (154KB, 666x679px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
154KB, 666x679px
Why is the strongest god of them all portrayed as a kid? And why does he need bodyguards?
>>
File: 1471848573605.jpg (101KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1471848573605.jpg
101KB, 1366x768px
>>146431216
>Why is the strongest god of them all portrayed as a kid?
Because of the trend of "the little guy is actually the most powerful/dangerous" that started with Vegeta and Nappa (perhaps even earlier in Dragonball). Back then it was fresh and new, now it's just stale and stupid.

>And why does he need bodyguards?
Because it looks cool. Do you think Toriyama thinks this shit through or something? I'd like to use the "It's a kid's show" excuse, but a target demographic is no excuse for laziness.
>>
>>146431300
>perhaps even earlier in Dragonball
Yeah chapter 1 with Goku.
>>
>>146431503
Kek, you're technically right. I was mostly looking at potential new enemies/rivals though.

It's a shame too, I actually l iked Beerus' design and character. He and Champa are probably the best thing about this show.
>>
>>146431216
Use the catalog dumbass >>146415551
>>
In the end I think we can all agree that Akira Toriyama should never have caved in to his fans and should have left Dragonball for what it was?
>>
>>146431216
We don't actually know if Zeno is genuinely strong in the traditional sense or if he just possesses an "erase from existence" ability that can destroy anything but that's all he can do.

Since he's a 'King' it would make more sense if it were the latter, more of an 'authority over all existence' than just being the stronkest.

Which would be why he needs body guards, because he's not strong and if someone tries to attack him he needs something to keep him safe.
>>
>>146431825
Makes sense.
>>
>>146431216
Maybe it's better if he didn't use his strength because of some potential danger.

So they're less bodyguards and more, minions
>>
>>146431216
Toriyama likes to subvert peoples expectations
>>
>>146432362
Until the subversion of expectations becomes the new expectation. Then he becomes cliché. Toriyama's popularity is in a way his downfall.
>>
>>146431216
IIRC, they're actually called "attendants" in the credit, the same ranking that Whis has.
>>
>>146433078
In that same arc though, they had Monaka who looked weak and turned out to be weak anyway.
>>
>>146431675
no that's stupid
super is very nice
>>
>>146431216
Christians called dibs on a bearded old natty man, so it left little options.

Also, why didn't everyone go batshit insane and drink their eyeballs when they gazed upon that thing?

Don't Triple-O beings radiate automatic mental illnesses to mortal and lesser beings?
>>
>>146433159
True.
And I'll admit that he caught me off-guard with Hit, who I assumed was going to be the next main villain. Instead he pretty much disappeared, and with only 50 episodes left I doubt he'll be important. He'll probably show up at the next big tournament, but that's it.
>>
File: o-akihito.jpg (105KB, 520x325px) Image search: [Google]
o-akihito.jpg
105KB, 520x325px
Is Zeno-sama stronger than pic related?
>>
>>146431216
>And why does he need bodyguards?
as a kid, he would need someone to take care of him. He may be strong or has a special ability to destroy/create universes, but he still needs someone to cook for him and shit

>Why is the strongest god of them all portrayed as a kid?
Why not?
Heck, i bet there will be an multi-multi-verse revealed, and each one of them has a king. Zeno is simply one of this races member. He might have family members who also control a bunch of universes.

After all Dragonball has a tradition of subverting "i am a god, the highest of all beings"
>>
if I was omnipotent the first thing I would do is create 4 or so guardians just to be lazy

Of course you can wish away everything but the idea of having a protection force just seems ideal. Also may there are other omnipotents out there. You can never consider that you are the only one.
>>
>Resurrection F Mirai Trunks LITERALLY STILL not translated

HURRY THE FUCK UP YOU USELESS MONGRELS REEEEE
>>
>why does he need bodyguards

So the second and third strongest beings in the universe cant just gang up on him. Duh.
>>
File: 1472410542520.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472410542520.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>146431658
I wonder does always one guy write these shit?
>"use the catalog faggot / dumbass / whatever"

and a link to an existing thread which is just a general discussion about Dragon Ball, not strictly related to the actual thread.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.