[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Akira - The fuck did i just watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Seriously, can anyone make sense of this movie or its story?
>>
Read the mangu
>>
It's really not that hard to follow.
>>
File: 1457914698019.png (301KB, 643x636px) Image search: [Google]
1457914698019.png
301KB, 643x636px
You've got to be a special type of slow to not understand it.
>>
>>146408578
You watched a shit movie with stellar animation. This is a case of "you need to read the manga"
The movie is celebrated for it's animation. Beyond that, it's utter bollocks.
>>
Shut up! Only the animation framerate matter!
>>
>>146408578
What's so hard to get? A dude gets powers, goes crazy, his friend fucks his shit up.
>>
>>146408578
I completely understood the movie, and it's not hard to. Granted I had read the manga first before watching it so I understood what was happening a little better. If you have can, go find a copy of the manga and read it. Trust me, it's way better.
>>
You get tricked into thinking youre going to watch a futuristic biker gang anime.Then it turns into psy powers crazy fighting.
>>
>>146408578
Don't worry OP I didn't understand the thing either.
>>
Akira just wanted to be a famous guitarist and live a carefree life but fucking delinquents ruin everything
>>
>>146411937
the animation is only good in the last scene anyway
>>
>>146408578

OP once you read the manga you'll realise that the whole movie was pointless and butchered the original story, it actually made me mad as fuck
>>
>>146414244
First half was pretty good at least.

Then it went to shit, subplots petered out pointlessly, and the story died on the vine. Still some incredible action shit in the second half, and the memery of TETSUOOOOO! But otherwise, it was shit.

Glad I watched it though, for the animation, the history, the memes, and the first half.
>>
They were all autistic, Akira, his friends, the gangs, Neo-Tokyo, Japan, the world, the director, the production team, the audience, the world, /a/. All autistic.
>>
>>146408578
Tetsuo

Thats his name
>>
something something humanity is sick blah blah next stage of human evolution yadda yada the limitless power of life held within the human cell
The actual plot with Tetsuo and Kaneda is pretty straightforward, but you'll get the most enjoyment out of it if you just look at the pretty pictures and zone out all the usual pseudo-philosophical anime nonsense
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.