[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how could an anime make a villian protagonist work,without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

So how could an anime make a villian protagonist work,without justifying his actions?
>>
>>146406273
Make him fight against a greater evil
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-08-28-10h39m13s830.png (232KB, 576x448px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-08-28-10h39m13s830.png
232KB, 576x448px
>>146406429
Yare yare...
/thread in one reply.
>>
>>146406429
Lord Spiral
>>
Simole; place them in a world where no laws exist.

There you go; now good and evil are subjective.
>>
File: breakingBadAnime.png (1MB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
breakingBadAnime.png
1MB, 1279x720px
>>146406273
Anime Walter White
>>
>>146406631
Good and evil are based on primordial concepts like Light and Dark. You can only get rid of them by eliminating everything.
>>
>>146406631
Subjective maybe for the characters born in such world. The reader is still going to see everyone as a douchebag though.
>>
>>146406987
Ans you'll have readers who won't.

Get what I'm saying here? They're obviously going to be douchebags.
>>
>>146406865
I never realized how much i wanted this
>>
>>146406273
Have him not give a fuck and he's doing this for shits and giggles.
>>
Overlord.

Best use of an isekai gimmick; make us empathise with a heartless Lich overlord.
>>
>>146406273
you posted the answer in your picture.
kirby, the destroyer- no sense of right or wrong
>>
>>146406273
He's actually trying to fail for whatever reason but always ended up winning and became a notorious supervillain.
>>
File: INFINITE POWER.jpg (57KB, 570x338px) Image search: [Google]
INFINITE POWER.jpg
57KB, 570x338px
>>146408271
INFINITE POWER
>>
File: TWIM2.png (188KB, 843x1200px) Image search: [Google]
TWIM2.png
188KB, 843x1200px
>>146406273
>>146406429
By just making it.
>>
Can Kirby kill servants?
>>
>>146406273
Game of thrones does it. All the characters seem aweful at times. Just make it a drama about world conquest, the main character(s) can be awful but intriguing with the reader curious as to how the conquest will play out.
>>
Overlord does that pretty well. I think the key is to give the reader both sides' point of view, so he can choose wether to consider the protagonist an asshole or not. Death Note also does that, now that I think about it.
>>
The best technique for writing a villain protagonist isn't to justify their actions or make them seem right or the cliche of "they're just misunderstood".

The key to writing a good villain protagonist is write them shameless, cruel, vile beyond reproach, but understandable.
Fun.

Your audience is neither a hero nor villain. They want to be a hero but they struggle with inner demons no less so than your character. The trick here is convincing them to let go of their desire to do right in favor of doing what's enjoyable.
>>
Hm, that's the best explanation I've heard on the topic, anon.
>>
>>146406273
Isn't that literally Death Note?
>>
>>146412054
Ainz kinda sucks as a protagonist. Being a heartless lich is fine and meme-y, but it's hard to give a fuck about a character whose defining attribute is that he can't give a fuck about anything anymore.
>>
Make them the ineffectual villain of the week,only by his POV it's those damned heroes of the week always thwarting him.

Make it a cake demon lady for extra plot.
>>
Indeed, but I think that's what makes it so lovely, you aren't supposed to give half a fuck about the protagonist. The series is interesting because you truly feel like an observer, the series doesn't get vaguely emotional at any point. At least until where I read.
>>
>>146407333
That's difficult yo pull off without making your villain into a shallow baddie without personality. It can be done and a ruthless villain can be lots of fun but if badly done nobody will care about his actions until it gets destroyed.

Desentisize your characters comes with the risk of desentisizing your audience.
>>
>>146412919
It can work. >>146410483
>>
File: img000007.png (1MB, 2115x3036px) Image search: [Google]
img000007.png
1MB, 2115x3036px
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.