[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Love Triangles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: 1468439216339.jpg (24KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
1468439216339.jpg
24KB, 500x320px
Would you agree that love triangles bring the worst out of people in any fanbase?

In a regular 1-to-1 romance people act rather civil and enjoy the romance for what it is, or ignore if they don't care about it. There might be some discussion of why it might be shit, but it's still overall civil. In harems you may have plenty of shitposting about who's best girl and about why the main/poster girl (if there's any) is shit.

However, there's something unique about love triangles that brings the worst out of people. Say, the shitposting in harem stories is just some casual bashing over the characters you don't like. However, in love triangles the whole thing becomes personal. People become far too involved the the drama of the love triangle, to the point of a very unhealthy obsession. The supporters of the other ship are treated as some kind of enemy, whereas in a harem the supporter of whatever other girl is just some other fag.

In a harem you may like or dislike the girls that aren't your favourites, but in a love triangle, more often than not, people hate the other party with personal passion.

That vicious behaviour corrodes threads, and if in a harem story it's already difficult to have any semblance of discussion due to waifuwars, in love triangles the romance at hand becomes the sole focus of most of the people in the audience, and everything else can be treated like a nonfactor.

Waifufags from love triangles are even more insufferable than the ones from harems, since they seek to shit the threads all over with their shitty waifu. Whilst you can see something like this in harems as well, it's nowhere near the same level of obsession.

Do you believe otherwise?
>>
shippingfags are cancer no matter what kind of romance is portrayed

they even managed to shit up one piece threads while there's zero romance in one piece
>>
>>146379554
They just give an excuse for shippers to justify acting like cancerous little shits. Shippers always act like cancerous little shits.
>>
Love triangles can be somewhat complex compared to harem and shippers tend to be autistic so it gets that bad.
There must be something about making complicated human behavior into a geometric shape that appeals to them.
>>
>>146379982
>Love triangles can be somewhat complex
This usually means idiotic drama flood.
>>
File: 1471762567080.png (287KB, 573x478px) Image search: [Google]
1471762567080.png
287KB, 573x478px
>>146379554
>In a regular 1-to-1 romance people act rather civil and enjoy the romance for what it is
That is only if no relationship comes off as more interesting/entertaining than the intended one.

See Bleach.
>>
>>146380024
Well love works in mysterious ways.
>>
>>146380116
>That is only if no relationship comes off as more interesting/entertaining than the intended one.
which is, obviously, never the case
>>
File: 1451286986469.jpg (151KB, 563x737px) Image search: [Google]
1451286986469.jpg
151KB, 563x737px
>>146380144
It consistently makes characters act like retards though. I'm talking about romantic love here.

Which is great when the point is over the top shitstorm.
>>
>>146379554
Ha no, shipper and waifu fags are the same be it in harem or standard romance or whatever. Love triangles aren't the problem.
>>
File: 1439969407197 tmp.png (851KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1439969407197 tmp.png
851KB, 1280x720px
>>146380186
There's Saekano.
>>
File: 1381769955029.png (282KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1381769955029.png
282KB, 500x375px
Love triangle is the most hackneyed dumb-ass fucking plot device ever imagined, and I hate it with the passion of thousand suns. More than anything though, I blame the authors for this. Cancerous shippers are just the natural consequence of the author giving up and shoveling in useless melodrama into the story. Harems are the worst case, though, and I firmly stand by my conviction that any writer that resorts to injecting harem antics into their writing has already given up and is from that point on a hack faggot.

I will never EVER understand why people prefer this dumb-ass fucking kind of melodrama. Fuck everyone that encourages this shit.
>>
It's all shipping to me nigga.
>>
>>146380254
>Love triangles aren't the problem
They are, as they ruin stories 100% of the time.
>>
>>146380535
This
Seriously fuck love triangles
>>
>>146380731
Unrequited love is part of real life and IS the story. If it ruins stories, it just means that these stories aren't for you in the first place.

Love triangles are still shit, but not because it ruins stories, rather because it is not my type of stories.
>>
>>146380863
Whether a story is "for me" is not relative to whether it's ruined it or not. I hate fucking retards like you that think everything is about personal taste.
>>
>>146379554
>conflict in the story causes conflict in the fanbase

Wow OP you should write a thesis paper or something.
>>
>>146380984
Because it is about personal taste, you faggot. You seen soap operas? There are people who like that shit. They enjoy that shit even though or rather because there's a shit ton of bullshit love drama in it. Love triangles IS the fucking story. You don't like it, other people do. It ruins things for you while people get into it because of the damn elements.

I fucking hate retards like you who are so narrow minded that they cannot think beyond themselves. It is about personal taste, deal with it.
>>
>>146380984
Its a subjective medium, anon. Its completely about personal taste.
>>
>>146379554
Love triangles is the best type of romance. And of course it brings out lots of emotions. But I can't really remember any love triangle, where the other party is hated with passion.
>>
>>146380984
t. superior asexual not weighed down by "love"
>>
>>146381093
>>146381139
>narrow minded that they cannot think beyond themselves
Pfft, the irony. Considering you are the one arguing that your personal taste is the end all be all.

Your whole argument is literally "i like eating shit so that makes shit objectively good".

You're so dumb you don't even know what the word subjective means and try to use it as a shield for any and all conflict you have. The content itself is not subjective, that's not how it works. An apple is an apple, shit is shit, what's subjective is what people say about said subjects.

Love triangles are shit. That's a fact. They are bad story writing and do nothing to further any story other than try to force progress between the main couple of the series. So again, just because you like eating shit that doesn't make it good.
>>
>>146381304
Pretty strong autism you have there. Not only do you not have a clue what the person you're replying to is actually saying. You think the only were there can be love is with love triangles.
>>
>>146380863
Not for me, my ass. It's not for me the same way eating shit is not for me. Don't ever pretend that love triangles in anime/manga are anything more than the author pumping melodrama because they don't know how to construct a dramatic story-line without it. They cannot create a story in which a couple of working against some mutual problem so they jack that shit in by making the protagonist an indecisive fuck, making them less likable and the story more ass. I dare you to say that most love triangles cannot be resolved just by the protagonist, no matter male or female, saying 'Yo, cunt, I'm not interested, alright? Stop with this shit.'
>>
File: 14088236429123.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
14088236429123.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>146379554
Sounds like someones upset their favorite girl didn't win.

Pic possibly but not necessarily related
>>
>>146380863
>Unrequited love is part of real life and IS the story. If it ruins stories, it just means that these stories aren't for you in the first place.
Love triangles are literally only because the author wants to drag out drama and because he doesn't know how to handle either growing romantic relationships or how to write a story after the relationship has already become a thing
>>
>>146381625
Nisekoi was the biggest load of bullshit you can milk from this kind of setting.
>>
>>146380984
'Everything' regarding love is about fucking personal taste. You like the story or not is entitled to your own opinion, same with romance/love drama bullshits.
Love triangles are shit, but the delusional shippers are beyond retarded because they're ready to eat up all that shit.
Unrequited love is alright.
>>
>>146382276
Yup, totally, by your logic the husband who says the words "i love my wife" and then goes out and cheats on her constantly has "real love" with hiss wife because he says he does. That's his personal taste, right? Oh wait, that's fucking retarded.

>is entitled to your own opinion
This isn't even English.

Again, this has nothing to do with what anyone likes. The stories are factually bad. It was already explained why.

Instead of replying to this post with more broken English, go read Hooked on Phonics or something.
>>
File: 1451752566674.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451752566674.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>146381349
that's not what he meant at all
>>
>>146382986
>he
Yeah, totally. Not "you".
And the fact you think your one line reply proves anything at all shows how stupid you are. Try forming a full sentence with correct syntax next time.
>>
Some authors just don't know when to quit the triangle and actually focus on the relationship after. Look at WA2 anime and the VN. 90%+ of the story is the dude banging two chicks. After he chooses a girl, there's nothing left. To think there's no drama after all that is retarded. Love triangles are less romantic than they are drama. Something like Nana shows a love triangle doesn't take 5 years to get over. These things are as dramatic as the author wishes. It's obvious when reading work with a love triangle in it, what the author's intentions are.
>>
File: 14362896628470.jpg (90KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
14362896628470.jpg
90KB, 1280x800px
>>146383704
> Look at WA2 anime and the VN. 90%+ of the story is the dude banging two chicks
Anon, are you serious?
>>
>>146383854
no i wrote that so you would reply with a funny pic xD
>>
>>146383993
You haven't read the VN, have you?
>>
>>146384073
no I'm not going to read that trash. i get it if you think wa2 best romance ever like all other wa2 fans do but I didn't care for the characters. not gonna go through hours of them dicking around. Setsuna holds out for mc for 3 (5?) years. Not my kind of thing
>>
>>146384236
> no I'm not going to read that trash.
But you seemed quite sure when you wrote this
> Look at WA2 anime and the VN. 90%+ of the story is the dude banging two chicks
So why don't you stop spilling your opinion on things you don't know about?
>>
>>146384453
nah I'll keep at it. thanks for the concern.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.