[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else feels like KyoAni is trying to become as niche as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: rbpoopg.png (378KB, 613x593px) Image search: [Google]
rbpoopg.png
378KB, 613x593px
Anyone else feels like KyoAni is trying to become as niche as possible? Since they actively started making their own shows, sales have been taking a constant dip, and with good reason since the things they adapt now aren't nearly as popular as Keyshit or any Kadokawa property for that matter, they also don't have as big of marketing and publicity power. Those latest financial reports prove that you don't need to sell out to publishers to stay afloat, though. Not to mention they have their own LN label, although I find it worrying that they haven't had any new light novels for a while now.

I guess they knew this would happen and are preemptively trying to stay as far away from the core anime industry as possible, but for what reasons other than maybe more economic stability, what exactly is their endgame?
>>
>>146376341
This is not a shitposting thread I'm serious.
>>
>>146376283
>niche
That is not a word you'd use to describe KyoAni, or any business plan of any good company ever.

>you don't need to sell out to publishers to stay afloat
Of course. Their sales requirements to break even have dropped sharply when they went independent.

>trying to stay as far away from the core anime industry as possible
What is wrong with you? They just made a harem anime. They are 100% part of the core anime industry. They just keep the profits that they earn. Call them communists if you want. They fired their useless boss.
>>
>>146377818
I didn't mean niche in the sense that they stopped doing anime for otaku, but how they're distancing themselves even more from the industry. I mean they were in Kyoto and already far enough from everyone, but now they have mostly stopped working with the big players in favor of having their own niche LN label for example. Kinda like how Studio 4C technically stopped doing 'anime' and are now working with French and American companies.
>>
>>146378612
>now they have mostly stopped working with the big players in favor of having their own niche LN label
That's a completely different thing.
They want to be independent. That's all. Again, wanting to be as niche as possible is not a viable economic strategy, because it means trying to have as few customers as possible.
No, surprisingly they do not want to ruin themselves.

Now stop being stupid.
>>
if it ain't broke don't fixit
also tamako market isn't highschool
also highschool setting in anime is probably the single most common setting these days.
>>
>>146378721
Is their LN label really a viable economic strategy though? Even with Free being as popular as it was, the novel never managed to chart on Oricon, and they haven't added any new series since last year. I know it's still a small label but only 9 series, some of them being 5 years old, is a bit lacking
>>
>>146378948
I don't really care much for LNs, so I'm not really up to date with that. What I think is going on there though is that the LN label isn't supposed to be a standalone profitable company. It's just accompanying their real business, which is anime, to make additional cash through multi-media merchandise.
>>
every studio would emulate them if they could because they have way more creative freedom this way. they want some measure of control over the story and you cant do that by only adapting popular IPs where high expectations from fans and producers are stifling.
>>
>niche
you're an idiot
nu-kyoani is going for lowest common denominator and it's sadly working
>>
>>146378612
That's a wrong use of the word "niche", but I get what you mean.
>>
>>146378612
They recently did a Kadokawa adaptation but this time without being their bitch, and just did a Kodansha adaptation.
>>
The publisher gets a much larger share of the profit, as well as editorial control. Animation studios are usually just contractors.
By adapting its own properties rather than Kadokawa's, KyoAni is cutting out the middleman.
>>
>>146379442
>nu-kyoani
They have never done anything else. For YEARS I have always thought "how low can they get in their constant race to the bottom" and they started off on the floor.

They're complete trash and they always have been. Their BEST work was Inuyasha. Let that sink in.
>>
>146381207
Eh, no effort put in.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.