[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was golden age Griffith the best manga/anime antagonist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: q.png (157KB, 289x313px) Image search: [Google]
q.png
157KB, 289x313px
was golden age Griffith the best manga/anime antagonist of the 20th century?
>>
I wouldn't call Griffith the antagonist of the golden age.
>>
>Golden Age Griffith
>Antagonist
What
>>
>>146351603
>>146351626
What is being subtle?
>>
>>146351708
To hide something.

You didn't hide shit. You just made a mistake.
>>
>>146352314
The manga, you fucking idiot
>>
>>146352635
You are not making sense.
>>
if berserk doesn't end in guts violently raping griffith to death i'm going to kill japan
>>
>>146353098
griffith has been raped enough, fuck you
griffith did nothing wrong if you have any complaints tell em to God
>>
>>146353098

>implying Miura won't be dead before they even leave Elfsburg
>>
>>146355011
The jailer doing hip thrusts really pissed me off; I loved it when Gut's stabbed him through the fucking door.
>>
>>146355186
thats true my friend
>>
Honestly, Griffith would have been a so much better character if not for the Casca rape.

I like to think that Griffith actually didn't change that much fundamentally, willing to sacrifice everything for his dream. He just decided to sacrifice the band in the eclipse rather than in battles. It would be interesting how your perception of a character changes depending on your perspective. But instead they decided to scrap him being an empathetic character and have him rape Casca for no reason, just to signify that he is "evil".
>>
>>146355266
I thought the rape was his form of claiming her after she left him for Guts?
>>
>>146355266
>But instead they decided to scrap him being an empathetic character and have him rape Casca for no reason,
As an Apostle, you no longer feel remorse. See: "This is the last tear you will shed"

>for no reason
1. To spite Guts, the man that killed his dream. 2. To set up their baby to turn demonic physically so that he could later be reborn in its body 3. Because he wanted to fuck Casca before that when he was still cripple Griffith.
>>
>>146355266
the funny thing is if casca wasnt raped miura would of probably already finished the manga
>>
>>146355266
But that's the whole point.
He didn't turn into a different person. His personality is still the same*. His goals are still the same. He's just turned around 180°. The non-change is subtle. It's hidden behind your initial disgust at the rape. You need to actually pay attention to see that: Holy shit, he really was like that all along.
>>
Golden age arc is definitely in the top 5 best written arcs of manga of all time
>>
>>146351287
> golden age Griffith
>antagonist
What?

Also, does Yasunori Kato count as an anime/manga antagonist?
>>
>>146356113
>this much foreshadowing
Literally the same pose he does later in the Eclipse
>>
>>146356335
Jesus christ Miura is a genius.
>>
Series ends with Griffith being demoted from Godhand somehow and unfucked Casca builds a wooden strap-on to splinter Griffith's ass then Guts delivers the final sword blow critically wounding him but alive enough to watch Guts piss on Falconia's throne.
>>
So /a/ you speculation on Casca being cured?
a) She forgets the Eclipse, asks Guts where Griffith is and how they must save him and shit.
b) She doesn't forget anything and want for pain to end. Behelit is activated.
>>
>>146357164
She gets cured but goes mostly catatonic or becomes fully amnesiac.
Or maybe having the memory stripped from her and her becoming another person, maybe the young girl that she was before she met griffith would be the way to cure her.
She'd even see in Gutts the people who had sought to hurt her as a child.

Guts would lose the only woman he has ever loved, his greatest ally, his only true best friend and the mother of his son. But she'd be free and happy. She becomes a bit of an obstinant yet scared child and sees him as an older brother or father figure, which completely fucks with guts head.

I wonder if Guts will completely fall to the black dog then. He'd become some apostle level monstrosity that people would slowly deify and make into a sort of evil monster eating god made of night and evil miasma.
A beast headed black monster mercilessly slaughtering the wicked and horrible, wielding a great black weapon wreathed in the damned souls of the evil
>>
>>146356032
Chimera Ant arc
Prologue arc in Vinland Saga
Alabasta/Marineford/Shabondy
Namek
Dark Tournament arc

are better
>>
>>146351287
>was golden age Griffith the best manga/anime antagonist
Being a homo doesn't make you an antagonist.
>>
Griffith>>>>>>>>Guts
Always was,always will be
>>
>>146358705
>Namek
Maybe if you're still a kid, that shit was the definition of drawn out
>>
>>146355266
It's almost as if Griffith at its core is a petty and manipulative megalomaniac.
>>
>>146358705
This reads like it's made by a sixteen-year-old who got into manga last year.
>>
>>146362963
>implying a teenager would actually read the manga
>>
>>146364048
Not everyone learned to read in senior year of high school, anon. Reading my terrible shounenshit manga was far more nejoyable than sitting through their even worse slow-paced anime.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.