[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOb KZyDP9Y8 So, do you thin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 12

File: zaregotowall.jpg (374KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zaregotowall.jpg
374KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wObKZyDP9Y8
So, do you think It's gonna be good?
>>
>>146320090
Yes.
>>
>>146320090
No
>>
>cookie cutter Watashit sameface designs
>Garbage animation quality
>Boring Monogatari template direction

It's going to be AMAZING
>>
>>146320090
Maybe
>>
>>146320090
I dont know.
>>
>>146320444
>Take's original designs weren't all just sameface.

Sugoi story, shithead.
>>
>>146320090
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>146320090
Can you repeat the question?
>>
It's gonna be shit and a reflection of the terrible state of the industry, and anybody who ignores me because I act as if my taste is law is very clearly a memespouter.
>>
>>146320090
Zaregoto is masterpiece. Will that masterpiece translate well onto a visual medium? I doubt it.
>>
>>146320090
Can I buy a vowel?
>>
>>146320538
At least they didn't look like several other existing series.
>>
Staff list is a mix of great and strange. Yase Yuuki is a strange choice given the failure of Mekakucity Actors. Although we really don't know whether they're a good director or not with the lack of comparison work.
>>
>>146320090
Looks like your typical Aniplex hypebeast fair. They're clearly banking on it being the next Monogatari. A shame too because Zaregoto is better than Monogatari.
>>
File: 1434688675289.jpg (9KB, 255x243px) Image search: [Google]
1434688675289.jpg
9KB, 255x243px
>Yuki Kajiura
I swear, I think I can listen her work even when I'm taking a shit this days. She's fucking everywhere.

Also, fuck Watanabe.
>>
>>146321015
They looked like several other of Take's works.
>>
>>146320090
fnord and Xythar are going to sub it for Commie.

You might remember them from such memes as “It would be like giving Hitler a death ray” and "Soccer mom spotted #happening".

Now I know some of you knuckledraggers love fansubber memes, but I like to experience the story as the studio intended. I prefer not to experience some basement dwelling middle aged man's attempt at humor in place of the proper story.
>>
>>146320090

Wow so distinctive. This is the pinnacle of Japanese animation in the 2010's eh and it'll probably be one of the best selling things of the year. Also Kajiura music just because. Anime is fucking dead it's official. Thanks Aniplex for streamlining the shit out of an entire industry.
>>
>>146323769
>I like to experience the story as the studio intended
Then learn Japanese you fucking troglodyte.
>>
>>146322735

They've literally made it so easy to make a quick buck at this point with almost zero effort just by running a rotation of staff/cast and streamlined animation styles I just assume everything they crank out will be generic shit with the same people and same kind of stylizations now. I can practically tell an Aniplex anime just from the first promo just by looking at what it looks like, who is on the cast list, who is doing the music and theme songs and whether it says something like "based on the super defining awesome whatever by some guy that sold a bajillion copies to otaku/fujos" the formula is so familiar at this point. Fate/Extra is going to look exactly the same as this too and probably that upcoming Sangatsu no Lion show as well cause this shit sells guaranteed.
>>
>mfw EOPs will never ever get to read Zaregoto in Japanese
>or even watch it without either Commie meme translation or absolutely terrible inept /a/ translation attempts
>>
>>146323237

I think it's pretty safe to conclude that Aniplex are the reason that she and Sawano only seem to have one very specific immediately identifiable sound now. It's all part of that streamlining for marketing purposes thing they've all but perfected at this point and they've got both to the point where no matter what people lose their shit any time they do a soundtrack regardless of how distinctive it is or not.
>>
>>146320090
>This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds

Fucking Sony.
>>
>>146324002
Or I could just complain about memes. Guess which one is easier.
>>
>>146324159
Do people really lose their shit over Kajiura?
I mean, I understand really liking her work the first or second time you listen to it, but after that you realise it's always the same.

To think people bitched about Yoko Kanno.
>>
>>146320090
>we want the Bakemonogatari audience
>>
>>146324215
There's nothing there that's uniquely 'gatarish. It's a typical Nisioisin x Shaft production.
>>
>>146324209

Yes any time she's announced people go absolutely fucking nuts and it's instant praise and just the soundtrack is automatically a masterpiece. Japanese viewers also by the shit out of her Kalafina stuff and hers and Sawano's are among the only things that actually sell thanks to Aniplex shilling. Yoko Kanno is barely relevant anymore, it's all about Sawano, Kajiura and whoever Sony is pushing. They basically dictate what's popular now and I don't know how anybody can still deny it. When this PV broke the preorders for this OVA spiked because people probably saw it looks exactly like Monogatari and now it's just going to be treated like it's part of that so probably sell the same. That fucking easy.
>>
>>146324256

It looks fucking identical to a Monogatari series production now and they're even smashing up Kaijura with it now to try to get the Madoka audience. It's no secret what is happening here, it's simple mixing and matching of popular shit that's come out of Shaft before to get an easy hit. It might still be a decent adaptation but I severely doubt it as there's literally no reason to put any effort in now that it's guaranteed to sell because of the typical Aniplex production bullshittery.
>>
>>146324256
>Nisioisin X SHAFT production

Bake is the only Nisio Shaft production until now, genius.
>>
>>146322735
>>146324256

It's funny because it's actually more obviously Bakemonogatarized with a touch of MCA than even I was expecting at my most cynical towards current Shaft/Aniplex. I actually can't believe just how homogenized their style is at this point.
>>
>>146324421
>replying to trolls
>>
>>146324366
Your thoughts about the matter are a mess. Do they want the Bakemonogatari audience, or Madoka's
>>
>>146324484
>"we want the Bakemonogatari audience"
>Not shitposting.
>>
Not a good PV, loud music and not good direction for a trailer. I mean, If i wasn't already interested in zaregoto this wouldn't make me curious at least

Also I'm still not sold in Yuki Kaiji's iichan. Tomo will probably perfect, since Aoi has a good renge and that ''no hope'' robotic feeling and the super cute type as well

waiting for that 3gatsu pv now
>>
>>146324539
>loud music
This is starting to get ridiculous.
>>
>>146324539
>Also I'm still not sold in Yuki Kaiji's iichan.
To be fair, I knew he could be casted as his VA since I read the book (in 2010).
>>
>>146324432
I absolutely agree, after they somewhat fixed the artstyle of the first pic, getting the exact (like you perfectly said) homogenized artstyle and direction style but much lazier is very...I can't even find the right word.

>>146324526
Kill yourself please, no being with a brain would deny the lazy pandering that we have right under our noses.

>>146324539
This, another very reasonable post.
>>
>>146324539
>Also I'm still not sold in Yuki Kaiji's iichan.

I'm good with him. I would be fine with anyone that isn't Kamiya, though. It's not that I don't like him but I don't want to see him with Shinbo for a while.
>>
>>146324568
I don't understand how people like you can be so dumb.
>>
>>146324615
>lazy pandering that we have right under our noses.

Nah, you're just using words you don't even understand for the sake of making noise.

>It's lazy because they already adapted a work by the author.

Fuck off.
>>
>>146324615
>after they somewhat fixed the artstyle of the first pic
What do you mean?
>>
>>146324642
>loud music

Sorry I can't get to you level of stupidity, Tell me what was wrong with the direction of the trailer.
>>
>>146320090
Just judging from the video doesn't look like it will be bad or good...
>>
>>146324492

Both I'd assume. They're just throwing all the popular elements from past shaft anime that sold (so Monogatari and Madoka Magica basically) into a blender at this point and it works. Anime and it's audience is a fucking joke that this actually works this easily and people are actually legitimately hyped up for something that look like this trailer and want to by it but hardly surprising anymore.
>>
>>146324705

It just exists to make money by trying to take over for Monogatari content and just inherit the same audience. It'll be like any one of the recent installments for those shows only probably even cheaper looking.
>>
>>146324660
You can't be serious. Not even the people who have defended this shit have tryied to deny that. Congratulations, you are a special kind of disgusting fanboy.
>>
>>146324765
Congratulations on making even more buzz to hide the fact that you know shit.
>>
>>146324721
Those popular elements you're talking about are just the staff. Your problem is that they didn't hire new people?
>>
>>146324742
That seems a little bit overboard, I don't even see the resemblance.

Y'know nevermind, if I try really hard I can see a little similarity.

Wait no that was just a clock
>>
isn't this just another harem/waifu garbage?
>>
>>146324843
Could be, these people just hate the producers so they are inventing reasons why it'll be trash.
>>
>>146324843
Yeah, it's not for you, you can fuck off from these threads.
>>
>>146324843
Waifu, maybe: depends on the threads. Harem, no.
>>
>>146324843
One boy and a bunch of girls. It may not be harem in the literal sense of the word but it definitely is waifubait garbage.
>>
File: 55312545_p21.jpg (97KB, 1000x633px) Image search: [Google]
55312545_p21.jpg
97KB, 1000x633px
Tomo-chan is best girl.
>>
>>146324976
>anime has women
> = trash
Gay much
>>
>>146324700
>tell me what was wrong with the direction of the trailer.

No, don't try to change subject, tell us how such such an "epic, "active" and energic kind of music fit the reasoned and verbose atmosphere of Zaregoto. Try to image that kind of music in monogatari arcs like Sodachi Riddle and Sodachi Lost, it would simply be out of place.
But, who cares, try to explain how it fits since you love explainations that much.

>>146324789
>every word I don't like is a buzzword.
>If I say that it will hide my unbelievable retardaton.

Sure. Keep ignoring he fact that even the other fanboys didn't try to deny that, but that's just another "buzzword", right you disgusting piece of shit?
Calling everything "buzzword" isn't a magic spell, even if you want to believe so.
>>
>>146325056

Honestly it's time the shills start actually defending this stuff and why they think Shaft is forever masterful instead of just flinging shit and changing the subject to try to put critics on the defensive and I'm not talking it sells to fanatical otaku because yeah I get it but what the fuck does it matter. Like we all saw the same trailer, I want to know what stands out about it as distinctive and indicative of a masterpiece anime unless people literally just think play some Kajiura with Watanbe designs and Shaft direction means automatic brilliance in which case there's nothing to discuss here.
>>
File: 1428259i.jpg (136KB, 425x600px) Image search: [Google]
1428259i.jpg
136KB, 425x600px
>>146324999
Nah
>>
>>146325102
No one here has said it will be a masterpiece, but nice strawman.
>>
>62 / 4 / 24 / 1

dat troll is sure on a mission!
>>
>>146324366
>typical Aniplex production bullshittery.

This reminds me of Aldnoah Zero all over again.
>>
>>146324843
no, there are no love interest in volume 1
Tomo is more like a pet than a person
>>
File: 57719151_p1.png (85KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
57719151_p1.png
85KB, 700x525px
>>146325171
>Girl
>>
>>146325056
If you believe that music is "active" then your brain clearly doesn't work, that shit is slow paced. The "epic" aspect could easily be used to show scenes of the mansion, showing it's greatness.
Now please tell me what is it that you think it's wrong with the direction of the trailer, only if you can do it without looking like an idiot again.
>>
>>146325171
>those hips

I love this nonsense
>>
>>146325203

Either that or it just kind of shows how little the Western hemisphere truly cares about Shaftiplex and it's 2010's Nisioisin kick at this point. Really I just think the anime community is finally starting to die out at this point due cause I see these sorts of spreads a lot now and there's a lack of anything to actually be invested in.

Don't really see a lot of genuine enthusiasm for anime any more so much as waifuism and constant baiting but then again look at the sort of shit that's supposed to pass for premium content now and it's no surprise cause it all likes cheap and samey as shit. Of the anime fandom I can recall from decades prior maybe 10% of them absolute tops would genuinely find Monogatari clone #512 appealing.
>>
File: nr3_001.jpg (253KB, 727x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nr3_001.jpg
253KB, 727x1200px
>>146325203
He's trying really hard. I don't know people even replies to the guy.

>>146325222
Tomo is a love interest, though. She even wins.

Zaregoto is an atypical harem in the same way Monogatari is. Girls comes and goes or gets killed off, but Ii--chan befriends a lot of girls and many of them have a thing for him.
>>
At the very least we will get tons of new fanarts and doujins of zaregoto, which is never a bad thing
>>
>>146325324
Or maybe even some translations.
>>
>>146325345
that also would be pretty damn good
>>
>>146325056
Didn't even said "buzzword" you dumbfuck, I said "buzz" referring to your whole arguments. And that's the only way to refer to your original arguments, lacking of any sense.
They using the same character designer and composer aren't indications of pandering, in case you still can't use your head.

>other fanboys didn't try to deny that
and no, this isn't an argument.

>>146325102
>shills
>think Shaft is forever masterful
At the lack of arguments: bullshit, right?
>>
File: 57359576_p0.png (233KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
57359576_p0.png
233KB, 600x480px
Tomo, Jun, and Hime are the top 3 girls.

>>146325324
Yeah, but Zaregoto already have tons of fanarts. It never was lacking that.

>>146325345
50% of the LN have been translated and it's still getting worked on. I like the TL we have now so I hope he will stick with it even if a new TL pops up.
>>
>>146325241
I just don't get why people complain
about the music, I think it's fine, I mean
the first part of the book is pretty comfty and the place seems to be really ethereal and beautiful.
Currently waiting to hear something more
tense or dark from the ost.
>>
>>146320090
>This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

fuck you, Sony
>>
File: 8239009.jpg (1MB, 800x2080px) Image search: [Google]
8239009.jpg
1MB, 800x2080px
Stop feeding the troll who have never even read the books, guys.
>>
>>146325453
Jun a cute
>>
>>146325324
>doujins
Ha-ha-ha, enjoy you ShitKore and ShitBlue Fantasy.
>>
>>146325427
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-27/zaregoto-ova-1st-trailer-previews-cast/.105824

also one of the troll here went to ann comment section to shitpost
> could practically do an essay on how the 4chan sort of hegemony has come to define the discourse of the modern anime fan on the internet

this is going to be fun
>>
>>146325409
I like those translations, I wish the anime would motivate the guy to do it faster if possible.

Other people could try doing Ningen and Saikyou.
>>
>Yuki Kaji
I really think they have gone with Ogata instead.

Also I can't wait for people to call this a Danganronpa ripoff.
>>
>>146325475
>Honestly I don't think anyone could be faulted for just automatically assuming this is another part of the now beaten to death Monogatari series at first glance that past it's point of freshness both in style and story to tell years ago. In fact I just assume that's all on purpose for sales reasons.

Kek.
>>
>>146325475
>>146325543
Fun indeed.
>>
>>146325543
>>146324366

It's funny how he adjusted his wording to fit with his ANN friends.
>>
>>146325475

What we're skimming ANN forums for material now? Is this what people mean by neo /a/. This is the sort of shit people used to associate with /v/
>>
I love that this thread is now heading into some crazy tangent. /a/ would literally rather discuss what some guy said on another forum than talk about this PV. Says a lot.
>>
>>146325241
>f you believe that music is "active" then your brain clearly doesn't work,

It's not a rock track but sure as hell it's "active" for a reasoned and verbose atmosphere. Or do you think that track conveys a a reasoned and verbose atmosphere? Idiot, please, don't try to blow my statement out of proportion because you don't know how to defend that shit.

> The "epic" aspect

At least you didn't deny even that, thank you, you aren't as hopeless as you seem.

>could easily be used to show scenes of the mansion, showing it's greatness.

So it could be used during the very first scenes of the very first first episode, and than forgotten. Yeah, another great argument, your brain clearly works.

>Now please tell me what is it that you think it's wrong with the direction of the trailer

It was absolutely lazy and uninspired, with a style that was as homogenized as possible. It was simply mediocre, and, as that anon said, If I wasn't already interested in zaregoto this wouldn't make me curious at all. But now tell me what was so great about it , it must be great if you fell the need to defend it so much.

>>146325425
I actually think that it's fine but it doesn't fit very well even If I like the track itself. I just don't get why some idiots try so hard to deny even the most evident flaws, like they must force it as something perfect.

>>146325520
>I really think they have gone with Ogata instead.

Same here. Inb4 fanboys leap at my throat because I agree.
>>
>>146325635
I was kinda curious about ANN and Mal reaction, since I didn't like the PV very much

Ann's discussion now will derail, while MAl loved it.
>>
>>146325475
Yes, guy has problems.
>>
>>146325726

So does most of /a/ to be fair
>>
File: fuck_this_shit.jpg (25KB, 325x500px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_this_shit.jpg
25KB, 325x500px
Why do they do this dumb shit?
>>
>>146325653
Because the fanboys think that they are here to try to win an imaginary war instead of talking and reading about what other people liked and disliked about it. The funny thing is that they keep calling people who didn't like it "troll who haven't read the novel" and then proceed to copypaste post from ANN. This shit is simply embarassing.
>>
>>146325791
Don't talk shit about Akari.
>>
Amazon 売れ筋ランキング: DVD - 16位 (DVDの売れ筋ランキングを見る)
>>
Secondaries don't deserve this.
>>
The samefagging is so sad.
>>
>>146325818

Easiest money in the entire world
>>
>>146325653
This PV is shit. There's nothing else to discuss aside from 2 or 3 deluded retards who think otherwise.
>>
>>146325810
Why is her fucking eye visible when it's fucking covered by hair? That shit didn't happen in the nover illustrations.
>>146325816
Niwaka shit, just like you like.
>>
>>146325844

Nobody outside of Japan genuinely cares about Shaft shit anymore. They basically boiled themselves down to the point of a meme.

>>146325818

Uh oh it's dickwave about sales time again /a/ hurr hurr hurr. This is totally not because it looks like a Monogatari clone and it's fanbase autobuys anything that looks like that series like how idol fans work with their favorites.
>>
>>146325881
Many anime do this thing with eyes, dunno why.
>>
>>146325919
It's retarded and I hate it.
>>
>>146325934
He hates it
>>
>>146325871

We can discuss how it basically reflects the current state of anime that it looks and sounds like it does and instantly shot up to like the top 20 most preordered things on Amazon in the span of an afternoon and evening. It's downright Pavlovian scientific shit of the sort that Kyoani pioneered and Aniplex has mastered with it's resources and assets.
>>
>>146325679
>Or do you think that track conveys a a reasoned and verbose atmosphere?

In instrumentality and pace, yeah, but you clearly know shit about music or even about the words you used so probably you will keep thinking otherwise.

>So it could be used during the very first scenes of the very first first episode
Yeah, it's not like the whole first volume occurs in said mansion and they could use it in different moments, you get funnier at each post.

>It was absolutely lazy and uninspired, with a style that was as homogenized as possible.
Again, don't use words that you don't understand. Or at least change the ones you used on your ANN post.

>It was simply mediocre, and, as that anon said, If I wasn't already interested in zaregoto this wouldn't make me curious at all.
"As he said", sure. Anyway, the material shown in the PV is the same shown in the novels synopsis and character introduction so you may very well say the same about the novels.

>But now tell me what was so great about it , it must be great if you fell the need to defend it so much.
Now who is "trying to blow statements out of proportion because you can't argument for shit"? Never used the word "great", just saying all those flaws you mention are retarded bullshit, full of fallacies and ignorance.
>>
>>146325934
It's retarded to draw hair over the eye by itself.
>>
>>146325934
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeLxUVACQF0
>>
Is /a finally starting to come around on it's Shaft is an avant garde studio and industry boundary pusher kick now?
>>
>>146326023
It stops being avant garde when it becomes a formula.
>>
>>146326023
Avant garde? More like avant piece of fucking dog shit.
>>
People complaining about the designs meanwhile here not caring cause I wanted Watanabe's designs (though Take's Jun looked better desu)
>>
>>146326023
Can't say I remember anyone saying that in a non-jokingly manner
>>
>>146326101
>tfw shaft ruins your waifu
>>
>>146326101
I would have prefered take's to give a different touch and fell to Zaregoto.
But as long it turn out to be a goo adaptaton, i don't really care about chara
>>
>Shaft is the only studio on /a/ worth having trolls
>>
And yeh did Aniplex say let all that is popular anime be like one thing and only one thing and thy disciples shall be an amalgamation of Urobuchi, Sawano, Shaft, Kajiura, Isin, Nasu, Fateshit, Bakeshit, Fujoshit, Moeshit, Shaft, ufoTABLE, Kaji, Aoi, Watanabe, A-1 Face and god dammit whatever is topping light novel charts and the shills said look and it shall be ordained and consecrated in the name of the grand exchequer.
>>
>>146326154
Not trolls this time, I feel a genuine sense of disgust and annoyance for the style and designs they went for.
>>
>>146326154
What about Kyoani, has lots of them?
>>
>>146326152
You know? I'm not mad at these designs, but I was truly curious about how take's designs would look along shaft animation style, since his designs in katanagatari were nice but the animation was subpar.
>>
>>146326162
Yeah, yeah, we get it.
>>
>>146326185
No one cares about KyoAni anymore like back in the good old days.
>>
Why are they fucking around with 8 whole OVAs for just the first volume? It wasn't even that good, nor was it even that good.
>>
>>146326185
I think as well some people is annoyed that shaft style is getting old, the same could be said for Kyaoni safe played adaptations
>>
If Aniplex is Marvel/Disney of anime, then what is DC/Warner Bros of anime?
>>
>>146326201
If you didn't like the subpar animation on katanagatari I don't know why you thought Shaft would do a better job with that.
>>
>>146326183
I kinda get you, I'm not disgusted, but I feel sorry because this is like a lost chance, I really had high hopes for this.
Now I'm just hoping for this to be okay since I really want them to animate the full series.
>>
>>146325203
>127 / 9 / 31 / 1

7 new IPs
>>
>>146326227
that wooul be deen once, but i guess now it's is either Wit or Bones
>>
>>146326227
I don't know, Bones?
>>
>>146326251
Very few people care about Shaft or zaregoto.
>>
Any pics of Jun Aikawa yet?
>>
>>146326239
Because I'm retarded and liked past shaft works, also when reading the novels I pictured the characters in shaft fashion and It seemed like a good idea, guess I have brain problems.
>>
>>146326251
Op didn't even put zaregoto in the thread
>>
>>146326154
Shaft's brand became too big for some people.
>>
>>146326221
Didn't we have a couple of "Kyoanus lickers" threads this week?
>>
File: 1472267868626.png (48KB, 750x922px) Image search: [Google]
1472267868626.png
48KB, 750x922px
>>146326281
Yes
Shame she's not gonna appear till the end
>>
>>146326325
And with triple the IPs. KyoAni is more popular to shitpost about on /a/ than Shaft, Bones and Madhouse combined to be honest.
>>
>>146326343
knowing shaft we will have some flash of her when they start talking about her
>>
>>146326343
At least she probably gonna have the whole 8th episode for herself.
>>
>>146326205

Not so funny when things are working the other way around is it Shaft shillers?

>>146326221

They just do things wrong for the modern anime industry in the 2010's. They take their time with projects and actually try to give somewhat of a shit about quality control while Aniplex and their bitches have it right that you just need to vomit out formulaic adaptations of popular otaku bait shit that can look as mediocre and lifeless as they want as long as the girls still look somewhat cute. Anything above that is just wasting resources and scheduling space they could be banking to crank out another thing a couple seasons later they wouldn't be able to otherwise.

>>146326224

Cause it's obviously meant to take over for Monogatari as the easy money stream for Shaft that they'll run on a yearly basis between probably doing Fate cash grab stuff and whatever else A-1 Pictures can't handle that Aniplex wants to sell. Also it's an OVA because shit simply sells more when there's no way to stream it and Aniplex has already figured that out. It's why they're starting to turn their popular franchises like SAO, Fate Monogatari etc into movies and weird gimmicky cell phone streaming things with janky resolutions and making exclusivity deals with Amazon Prime for streaming.
>>
>>146326255
I can see it. Araki is kinda like Zac Snyder of anime; both of them like cool shit and violence, but get praise for being more than they are.
>>
>>146326384
>yes yes well done IIchan figuring out that mistery

>HOWEVER

I can't wait
>>
The irony is palpable with all the people pretending to be experts on Shaft and direction in general by comparing this to Monogatari when it is much closer in composition to their early mass-market work that had less Oonuma such as Hidamari Sketch, Maria Holic and the Negima OVAs. This trailer was much closer in style to Mekakucity Actors than Monogatari. MUCH CLOSER. The only similarities to Monogatari were Watanabe's designs and the more toned down colours, and even on that point the colours weren't Monogatari-esque as much as heavily toned down Take. The blatant lack of knowledge /a/ has displayed regarding Shaft even since Re:Zero started airing is honestly astonishing. Did everyone who watched any of their pre-Monogatari shows kill themselves after the SZS generals finished? This is just proving to me that /a/ only notices highly surface level elements like character designs and the soundtrack and can't differentiate shows based on more substantive information. What you should be focusing on is that fact that we're getting 8 whole episodes for one volume so the plot won't be rushed like Mekakucity, so we'll finally get to see whether the problems with that show were Yase's fault or whether it was just a botched production at an organisational level.
>>
>>146326370

As hard as it is to believe after K-On they're just a legitimately more interesting anime company right now than Shaft. That's not a particular nod in Shafts direction, just knowing that it has to come down to these two one kind of edges the other
>>
>>146326421
>Not so funny when things are working the other way around is it Shaft shillers?

Ok? How were they supposed to work before, just out of curiosity? Did a Shaft shill rape you or something?
>>
>>146326445
This would be much better if Oonuma was directing DESU. A shame he left Shaft
>>
>>146326481

No just funny to see the tables finally starting to get turned after so long.
>>
>>146326504
But how were things before? Shaftzilla burned down cities and enslaved people or what?
>>
>>146326483
I don't disagree, an OVA which seems to be scrapping together their non-core staff like this would have been perfect for Oonuma to operate under, especially assuming it has less budget per episode than a normal TV anime. Going back and thinking about ef I could imagine a lot of the quirks of it would work fine with Zaregoto. The more exaggerated aesthetic might have even allowed more pure use of Take's designs.
>>
>>146326445
It's almost as if Yuki Yase is directing it again right? Honestly, though, I agree with you entirely, it's just that with as much garbage posting we are getting in these threads I don't even want to write a reasonable reply anymore.
It's great that we're getting 8 OVAs just for Vol.1 and I hope that we're actually gonna see the rest of it animated as well. I could very much see a 2 cour TV series for Psycho-Logical for example.
>>
>>146326483
>>146326552
Oonuma is too busy directing lolis.
>>
>>146326622
maybe they did it this so they can do the other novels in 2 24 episode series. after all with a pacing of 8 episode at volume it would be impossibile to end season 1 on a decent note, being in the middle of psycho
>>
>>146326699
Unless it's rushed they would need a lot more than 48 episodes for the rest of the series. I could actually see them doing another OVA for Books and then a 24 for 3-5. Then only 6 remains since 7-9 are also perfect for a longer TV-series.
Though, admittedly, it is somewhat nice, since they have a little more time between the episodes and Shaft has never been good with schedules.
>>
>>146326699
It has the added benefit of allowing them to better gauge the popularity of the series before committing to more seasons and they can delay any individual unfinished episodes with little blowback in an OVA format. It really feels like they're trying to learn how to fit in more shows that aren't part of their core products without another Mekakucity Actors happening. Speaking of which, has anyone seen the BDs for Mekakucity? I imagine they fixed a lot of the problems with it except the pacing, it might be the best indicator we have of the quality and direction of Zaregoto.
>>
>>146322301
He's done much better stuff before
>>
>>146326830
Unless they completely redrew and animated most of the scenes I don't think the BDs for Mekaku fixed a whole lot. The entire show looked like a low budget early 00s anime.
>>
>>146326897
Well I do know they redid the infamous CGI in the series completely, so I was kind of hoping it was at least watchable now. There's not many other ways to get a feel for what Yase is going to do except watching Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb or trying to somehow discern their style from individual episodes they directed in other shows.
>>
>>146326550

Why don't you read some archived shit from a couple years after Bakemonogatari and Madoka Magica and see what you find out.
>>
>>146325906
good cuz shaft don't even care outside of japan either
>>
I don't care enough about shaft or fanbases. Kinda wanted the quick version, but ok.
>>
>>146326938
I actually got the BDs, they did the usual clean-up on their animations. Stuff like the terrible CG stuff was redone as you said. Even changed some scenes removing colour in big chunks to give it a more homogenous feeling (There was quite a bit of single colour stuff in that show after all). They look better by a fair bit, but it's not crazy. The last 2 episodes are the biggest problem pacing wise in my eyes.
>>
>>146327022
Quick version is that /a/ doesn't know what they're talking about. Novel is good, OVA format is good, character designs are generic, directing looks solid but Yase has let us down before. Wait until it is out then watch it yourself instead of listening to mindless drones on the internet.
>>
>>146326201
*her
>>
>>146327007
Bones, Ghibli, Studio 4°C, which other studios really care about international market?
>>
>>146326227
>then what is DC/Warner Bros of anime
Warner Bros
>>
>>146327022
Sorry, it was meant for >>146326971

>>146327075
Of course I'm watching it as I like Zaregoto, hope it's good. I was just curious what was his problem as it sounded as if "shaft chills" had done something to him.
>>
>>146327081
Trigger
KyoAni (kind of)
Feel
>>
>>146327081

It's funny how Japan literally couldn't care less about markets outside Japan yet we're obsessed to fucking death with their stagnant as shit BD market. That said Stalker threads really seem to have died down lately.
>>
>>146327118
>>146327022
Some people buy into some delusional conspiracy theory that Aniplex took over Shaft with all the money from Bakemonogatari and Madoka. These people will pretend any new Shaft anime is just an Aniplex money grab in-line with an A1 Studios production. These people are retarded and have been around for years, just ignore them.
>>
>>146327155
Oh yeah, Trigger was a pretty obvious one. I don't know about KyoAni and Feel. Maybe Ufotable too.
>>
>>146327255
I only listed them because they've started to tweet stuff in English (also Hibike's S2 PV is in English)
>>
>>146327207

Can I just ignore you instead considering there's overwhelming evidence on a daily basis to at the very least support what these people claim and you give no reason as to why I should ignore shit that's staring me right in the face?
>>
File: that's a big bread.jpg (43KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
that's a big bread.jpg
43KB, 636x358px
>>146327192
I believe mods started hunting Stalker threads down because they literally serve no purpose outside of shitposting fuel

The most hilarious case of this by far was Rokka, which had really nice and civil threads for most it's run until Anons had the amazing discovering that an adaptation from an author that shits on LN stereotypes from a no name studio wasn't selling and had to get their shitposting fix.
By that point the show was almost over, probably two episodes to go or something, so nobody in the threads gave a shit.
>>
>>146327316
Then fuck me, if they try to communicate with the outside then they must have some sort of interest, even if production-wise they aren't there yet.
>>
>>146327347

If so good but there's still a lot of work to do yet.
>>
Don't they need to finish the movie trilogy first?
>>
>>146327347

I really can't think of any shows that have civil threads for their entire runs anymore. Somebody will always invariably try to start some shit somehow, it's in this fanbase's nature.
>>
>>146327317
Considering you can explain the differences in style between their pre-Madoka and post-Madoka work (excluding Monogatari because that is legitimately a cash cow with fairly self-contained creative staff that have little to do with broader Shaft trends) entirely through staff changes and the injection of cash that came from Madoka, there's not an enormous amount of evidence to support the idea that Aniplex fundamentally changed Shaft in any way so I'm curious to see what you mean by that. When it is relatively simple to explain a process without a particular variable (Aniplex) it is a pretty rational conclusion to say that variable (Aniplex) was not the cause.
>>
>>146327393

Again people keep making this assumption that Shaft cares at all what their production schedule looks like and how backed up things might get when they know they can just crank this shit out at this point. If anything better production values might actually hurt it since it'd change the way the style looks. I mean for fucks sake the next thing in their production line after the NHK work is a Fate thing which will probably have Kajiura music again and Yuki Kaji and Yuuki Aoi crammed in their somehow.
>>
>>146327393
They have way more than Kizu to do
>>
>>146327393
I think the budget and time spent for each OVA won't be that much bigger than an usual episode. So I can't see Zaregoto getting in the way of their usual works.
>>
>>146327472
The Fate/Extra characters already have VAs.
>>
>>146327463

It was always the same kind of drivel, just now the staff and style are completely and thoroughly homogenized and dictated by Aniplex
>>
>>146327550
Thanks for revealing that you have no clue what you're talking about, makes it really easy to disregard your opinions entirely.
>>
>>146327543

That didn't stop Aniplex from changing shit around with Ace Attorney to the same lead duo as it suited them. I've yet to see any evidence that Kaji and Aoi have any sort of chemistry together either, they just seem slapped together because they're popular. Aoi has mad chemistry with plenty of people like Saori Hayami, Mikako Komatsu, Ayane Sakura, Jun Fukuyama, but Kaji I'm not so sure.

That said they might not fuck with something otaku bait like Fate like they did with Ace Attorney where nobody watching is likely to throw a bitch fit over it.
>>
>>146327609

But they are dude. You really think that Shaft went out and specifically got Kajiura, Kaji, Aoi just because. The shaft casting was practically it's own meme before, you got Kamiya, Saito etc. but now Aniplex has just kind of come in and said fuck it you get Kaji and Aoi now cause they're the hot shit. I wonder what this means for Chiwa Saito now. Is she just completely ejected from the industry aside from Monogatari sequel shit now or does she find a niche somewhere in day time anime or something and live out happier days.

Akatsuki no Yona, Yona
Gugure! Kokkuri-san, Inugami (Female)
keroro, Natsumi Hinata
Seitokai Yakuindomo*, Uomi
World Conquest Zvezda Plot, Natasha's Mother (ep 4)
Soul Eater Not!, Kim Diehl
Tsukimonogatari, Hitagi Senjōgahara
D-Frag, Chitose Karasuyama
No-Rin, Natsumi "Becky" Bekki
Nobunagun, Geronimo
Chaika - The Coffin Princess, Frederica
Chaika - The Coffin Princess Avenging Battle, Frederica
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei!, Chloe Von Einzbern[4]
Broken Blade, Sigyn Erster
The irregular at magic high school, Maya Yotsuba
Log Horizon, Nureha
Tantei Kageki Milky Holmes TD, Setsuko Yasubashi (ep 4)
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz!, Chloe Von Einzbern
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid, Nove Nakajima
Snow White with the Red Hair, Kihal Toghrul
Aria the Scarlet Ammo AA, Tō Sumitsu
Owarimonogatari, Hitagi Senjōgahara
YuruYuri San Hai!, Nadeshiko Ōmuro
Rewrite, Kotori Kanbe
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei!!, Chloe von Einzbern
Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibōgamine Gakuen, Aoi Asahina[5]

RIP?
>>
>>146327738

She turned 35 this year and is married with children now which is probably a bit of a problem if you're going to work in an industry that is almost exclusively about creating a fantasy for shut in otaku now. She announced the marriage in 2013 but it was the whole having a child back in October that probably ends her career for reasons both relating to having a family to tend to now and also because it fucks with her "purity" image.
>>
>>146327738
What an extremely incoherent and emotional post. Do you have an actual point except your gut instinct about why certain VAs get cast in certain shows?
>>
>>146327805

Derpa derpa derpa derpa derpa is all I got from this. Done with you already then. Fuck off now.
>>
>>146327738
Aoi has been a recurring casting choice in Shaft shows for almost a decade, you might need to do more research. The only surprise here is Kaji, but none of Shaft's go-to casting choices fit Ii-chan so they were always going to go with someone different.
>>
>>146327738
The way you try to involve the VAs in your nonsense is just incredible.
>>
>>146320090
>blocked
>>
>>146327805

6 Ace Attorney Mayoi Ayasato (Aniplex)
Ange Vierge Ramiel
Divine Gate Dorothy
Endride Mischa
Erased Kayo Hinazuki/Sugita (Aniplex)
Ketsuekigata-kun! 4 Type A-chan
Magic of Stella Kayo Fujikawa
My Hero Academia Tsuyu Asui
Qualidea Code Maihime Tenkawa (Aniplex)
Ragnastrike Angels Kasumi Barnette Midō (Aniplex)
Super Lovers Ai Natsukawa
The Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of Holy War Diane (Aniplex)
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless Rino
The Asterisk War 2nd Season Meeko Yanase (Aniplex)

14 TV shows so far this year alone and one OVA and about half of them are Aniplex shows

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 2011 Akiyuki Shinbo
Yukihiro Miyamoto
Fate/Zero 2011–2012 Ei Aoki
Sword Art Online 2012 Tomohiko Itō
Sword Art Online II 2014 Tomohiko Itō
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi 2016 Tomohiko Itō
Zaregoto Series 2016 Akiyuki Shinbo
Yuki Yase

Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part I: Beginnings 2012 Akiyuki Shinbo
Yukihiro Miyamoto
Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part II: Eternal 2012 Akiyuki Shinbo
Yukihiro Miyamoto
Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part III: Rebellion 2013 Akiyuki Shinbo
Yukihiro Miyamoto
Sword Art Online: Extra Edition 2013 Tomohiko Itō
Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel 2017 Tomonori Sudou
Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal Scale 2017 Tomohiko Itō

Every single thing Yuki Kajiura has scored for this decade has been Aniplex stuff. The last time she scored for a TV show that wasn't Aniplex was 2009's Pandora Hearts. The last time she did something for a video game was back in 2006 for Xenosaga III. Pretty fucking hard evidence about who is choosing these people, particularly Kajiura.

Yuki Kaji as the lead in every other fucking show is it's own anomaly though and kind of an industry wide thing at this point.
>>
>>146327906

>Say shit is nonsense because it's an inconvenient truth

>>146327934

Hey man Sony's gotta protect it's tip top tier premium content and the strongest alliance in anime for it's great leap forward into the second half of the 2010's.
>>
>>146327967
She also has a long-term relationship with Shinbo, doing the soundtrack for his shows as far back as 2004. What you're doing is the equivalent to conspiracy theorist reasoning. Whether you're correct or not doesn't change your lack of evidence.
>>
>>146327967

Yuki Kaji is kind of weird for me cause I kind of went from him being completely intolerable to okay he can do more than just the whiny wussy boy voice schtick he's not that bad to okay really enough now already for fucks sake over the course of the 2010's. It's not even that I actively dislike him anymore it's just that he's fucking everywhere to the point where it's just boring now. It's like the industry decided he's it's voice actor god and Saori Hayami is it's voice actress goddess and goddamnit those are your leads except Saori Hayami is practically impossible not to like.
>>
>>146328001
>inconvenient truth

Could you sound anymore like a conspiracy freak?
>>
>>146328034

So the whole no soundtracks for anything but Aniplex anime for an entire decade so far just means nothing to you and is purely coincidence but she did a soundtrack for one Shinbo anime back in 2004 is the smoking gun? Hell it's easier to paint a pattern of scoring for Bee Train director stuff and Bandai Namco stuff in the 2000's than it is Shinbo. It's probably getting to journey around that actually made her music somewhat distinct back in the 2000's and brought her acclaim but getting pigeonholed with Aniplex cash grab stuff for the past 5 years has just led to rapid stagnation of chanty bullshit.
>>
>>146328182
It doesn't mean nothing to me, but your attempt to create narrative where all of the casting decisions for Zaregoto were decided by Aniplex with no input from Shaft is sorely lacking in evidence, especially given that they're all perfectly predictable choices with people Shaft has worked with several times before with the exclusive exception of Yuki Kaji.
>>
A lot of staff memebers were working with Shinbo on Starship Girl Yohko back in the 90s.
>>
>your post has been registered as spam
Also else getting this problem? My post seems pretty normal.
>>
>>146328095
same guy

http://desuarchive.org/a/thread/142827263/
>>
>>146327738
I can see Chiwa doind Mikoko if they do book 2
>>
>>146324366
>It looks fucking identical to a Monogatari series
Except with 100% more boring direction bc neither Shinbo nor Itamura are working on it. And the production values are comparatively far worse than Monogatari's. Monogatari is a weekly TV anime. It's animation quality and art detail are average for a weekly TV anime. Zaregoto is a monthly OVA series. It does not have a level of animation quality and art detail we should be getting from a monthly OVA series. It even looks like the worst parts of Monogatari ffs.
>>
>>146326673
>loli
>in anime 2016
Worthless.
>>
>>146331253
>LolisRDead still baiting in 2016
>>
>>146331408
>baiting
It's the truth.
Lolicon in anime? Dead.
>>
>>146326445
It's being compared to Monogatari bc it has the same original creator you dolt. The reason people are differentiating Monogatari and Zaregoto from every other Shaft show and comparing them is because the most substantive information you can know about those two series is that they were created and written by the same person. Things like differing directors are completely surface elements, in comparison to the fact that the stories themselves both come from the same mind.
>>
>>146331408
>2016
>Replying to LRD's bait
Seriously now.
>>
>>146331408
Just report and ignore
>>
>>146320090
>Yuki Kaiji again
Why the fuck?
The guy just reminds me to bland protagonists now, she doesn't even have much range or talent. Who's big shot son he is to get cast in everything?
>>
>>146331549
Other than the amount of dialogue most of Nisio's works are different. Also, if you see the thread you can see lots of people saying it's the as Bakemonogatari because of the character designs.
>>
Why can't Shaft stay on model?
>>
>>146320090
It will be trash.
>>
>>146326673
What is he directing?
>>
>>146326023
Shaft have been garbage since 2010. I'd give you Bake because at least it had a unique presentation for its time. The rest of the monogatari series has been generic shit compared to that though and Zaregoto won't be any different.
>>
>>146324154
>implying some random LN garbage compares to western literature

Nothing of value will be lost. Zaregoto is Hunger Games tier.
>>
File: mitsuki.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mitsuki.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>146331832
Every studio is like this. You can't expect the drawings to stay consistent especially with Shaft's hectic productions plus different animators for each episode. Even a strict studio like KyoAni goes off model at times, again because of different people working on each episode.

My only problem with Zaregoto is the meh director.
>>
I really wish it wasn't Shaft that got this series.

Can't wait for a bunch of non animation
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.