[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>MD Geist is poorly animated Love this meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: geist.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
geist.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>MD Geist is poorly animated
Love this meme
>>
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>146303100
>>144136710
>145110450
Why do you keep posting this, you autist? And why haven't you realized by now that the 1996 director's cut's animation is very significantly improved from the original 1986 version?
>>
>>146306284
This is from the original cut.

>director's cut's animation is very significantly improved
It's barely different and even worse in some parts uninformed retard.
>>
File: 1405686136381.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1405686136381.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>146303100
Art is great but the animation fluctuates from better than standard OVA to being a literal slideshow
>>
>cherrypicking

Kill yourself.
>>
>>146306792
Show me an example of bad animation in MD Geist. I'm sure it will be cherrypicked. The animation quality is always above average for 1986.
>>
>>146306910
Actually watch either OVA.
>>
>>146306954
You first. You just read on ANN that it has bad animation and decided to parrot e-celebs.
>>
MD Geists biggest problem (in both OVAs) is that the animation is just too confused at times, and they rely a lot on trying to show several static images in place of actually showing fight/combat
>>
>>146303100
HE IS JUST A SOLDIER!
>>
Eh it's about average for an 80s OVA. Mediocre with some bad off-model scenes and overuse of stills. The opening scene is still pretty great. Still an enjoyable OVA, but I'll stick with Genocyber when I need my dose of Koichi Ohata madness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z16eYSd4OEo
>>
File: ohata works.jpg (1MB, 2481x1251px) Image search: [Google]
ohata works.jpg
1MB, 2481x1251px
>>146309119
His last works were Ikkitousen series and Bakugan
>>
>>146309861
Who's the character on the right? About the only one I don't recognize

>>146306439
>It's barely different and even worse in some parts uninformed retard.
How? I've seen both cuts often and all I remember the Director's Cut did was zoom in sometimes on old footage, which absolutely messes it up, but IIRC they didn't downgrade animation in any spot, the picture quality is just unsightly.

These zoom ins are no small part of why I like the 86 original better anyway, since they added a 3rd level of compression being completely crispy clean and the old footage already had two looks with washed out and better off and adding another one didn't help.

Let alone zooming in on stuff.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.