[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if Second Impact was when the first Angel appeared, then what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: shinji.jpg (221KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shinji.jpg
221KB, 1440x1080px
So if Second Impact was when the first Angel appeared, then what the fuck was the First Impact?
>>
>>146287061
>impact
What was even impacting?
>>
File: 1457375407734.jpg (59KB, 496x615px) Image search: [Google]
1457375407734.jpg
59KB, 496x615px
>>146287061
When the egg containing Adam crashed on earth.
>>
>>146287061
Second Impact was the resurrection of Adam after she'd been buried in Antarctic ice for about 4.5 billion years following Lilith's arrival and First Impact. There is no Impact for Adam's arriving on Earth.
>>
Second Impact is a lie with a convenient name, as there was no impact.
The First Impact is the meteor that killed the dinosaurs.
>>
>>146287259
>>146287750
fanwank that is never explained in the show
>>
>>146288322
It literally was explained
>>
>>146287061
thing that killed the dinosaurs.
>>
File: 1418766363047.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1418766363047.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>146287133
>>
>>146288322
This one's in the show. Impacts are named after the Giant Impact hypothesis for the formation of the Moon.
>>
Anno figured out that the easiest way to build lore is to start in the middle of a sequence. Episode one: Second impact, Third child, Third angel. Basically he put the episode 4: a new hope strategy into play through the entire series.
>>
>>146289796
>Third Children
> is the first child intended by anybody to pilot an Eva and the whole reason they work like that
>>
>>146287061
Adam creahing on earth was the first apparently

Misato's father exploration waking up Adam in the artic was second

Either that or adam waking up was first and a random angel was second.
>>
>>146287061
>>146287750
Adam was the first angel to reach earth.

The first impact was Lilith's arrival. Both Lilith and Adam had a spear, but Lilith's spear was damaged at impact, and since the ancestral race didn't want the seeds of life and knowledge to merge, the one active spear disabled its carrier, Adam.

Second impact was when Seele resurrected Adam
>>
Tell me some more shit I wouldn't have realized my first time watching.
>>
>>146293695
do a barrel roll
>>
>>146293695
Kawuro is the soul of Adam. Rei is part Lilith soul, part Shinji's mothers soul and body. Together they are god.

It is because of this Rei III is omnipresent
>>
So why was Eva 01 purple? Help guys I'm really confused.
>>
>>146294244
Who together? Kawuronagasaki and Rei?
>>
>>146294636
yep
>>
Even Anno don't know. He was improvising along and coming up with these terms while making the show. At the end it didn't add up as a cohesive story.
Despite this, fanwankers still try to rationalize all that clusterfuck.
>>
>>146294784
pity reply
>>
>>146295246
I'm just half joking/baiting though

> “The development of Evangelion gives me the feeling of a ‘Live’ concert. Whatever the story or the development of the characters, I made them without a plan. During the production, whether listening to various opinions or analysing my own state of mind, I kept questioning myself. I got the concepts from this personal stocktaking [self-assessment]. At first I had intended to make a simple work featuring robots.

But even when the main scene became a high school2, it did not differ compared to other productions in the same style. At this point, I did not really think of creating a character with two faces, two identities: one shown at school, and the other inside the organization he belongs to [Nerv]. The impression of ‘Live’ concert that gives me the birth of Eva, was the team joining me in developing it, in the manner of an improvisation: someone plays the guitar and, in response, the drums and bass are added. The performance ended with the TV broadcasting ending. We only started working on the next script once the previous one was done.

https://www.gwern.net/docs/eva/1996-newtype-anno-interview
>>
>>146295755
I'm glad you got it out of your system.
>>
>>146295846
I knew he was improvising, but i've never read this interview. So I had to improvise a google search to back up my point.
>>
>>146296100
I just got the impression you REALLY REALLY wanted to point out it was improvised. Source or no source, had to say it, multiple times.
>>
>>146296205
Some people just can't accept the hilariously devastating truth, but really that only amplifies the eventual

well you know where I'm going with this by now
>>
>>146295755
>implying plot and direction must be a static blueprint in order to be coherent
>implying an incoherent plot is by default undesirable

A lot of the best art comes from pure inspiration that comes out of nowhere. artists are always trying to recreate that feeling where you are engaging in pure creative expression. Whether the story is cohesive or not isn't the point, its what you take away from it. It doesn't matter if Anno "meant" for the religious symbolism to have any deeper meaning. If people make connections he hadn't, I'm sure he's just glad people are watching his shit and enjoying it enough to think and write about it. And it's partly because EVA doesnt spoonfeed meaning behind its scenes that it is so fun to discuss I think.
>>
>>146294374
Anno wanted to stand out.
>>
>>146296692
Hope you're going with a short noose around your neck.
>>
>>146297344
who goes anywhere with a noose around their neck?
>>
>>146297344
wait, sorry, if you mean my friends, there's at least three of them but yes they're reasonably short at first glance
>>
>>146297386
>>146297446
I'm telling him to neck himself, you silly boys.
>>
>>146297502
I would if I knew who the hell I was lol
>>
>>146289247
>posts random japanese text with a picture of Marthin luther king with mr. t hair
>says it's a kind of explanation
>>
>>146294374
Its a symbol for Shinji's homosexuality
>>
>>146296873
Between literally making up the story week to week, and a static pre-production bluprint, there's a large and healthy middle-ground.
As to the lack of coherence, I've never is inherently and always bad, but to deny that it's a problem when it concerns the plot is hypocrite. Writing a fiction is not playing piano jazz or painting cubist works. And I'm not even talking about symbolism or character's psychology which can be perfectly improvised, but about the overreaching plot, the most important events.

Eva has been on my top 10 for 10 years. I'm just stating the fact that there's no 'official' or 'right' way to interpret the story, that the room for imagination left for viewer to make their own hypothesis is what makes eva so cool, and that hardcore fans should acknowledge that.
>>
>>146298278
*i've never said it's
>>
>>146297835
not that there's anything wrong with that
>>
>>146297614
>can't parse any of that
Why are you on /a/?
>>
>>146287061
>then what the fuck was the First Impact

It was called New Generation you fucking faggot
>>
>>146297614
The thing in the top left literally says "Second Impact"
>>
>>146300699
Right side of Shinji's school book literally identifies First Impact as Giant Impact and describes the official account of Second Impact as another meteorite collision, they're only called Impacts at all in reference to the meteorite story.

The fanwank part is presuming any detail from the coverup was at any point true.
>>
>>146294374
It looks cool, the same reason all giant robots look the way they do.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.