[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this slideshow so revered? Is it just nostalgia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 18520l.jpg (142KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
18520l.jpg
142KB, 429x600px
Why is this slideshow so revered? Is it just nostalgia?
>>
it doesn't use 3DCG. That alone puts it above the rest
>>
>>146283462
I don't even mean in comparison to the other adaptations, I just mean standing on its own. It nails the tone of the manga and presents it with an adequate amount of accuracy, but that's about it. The animation barely exists at all, it's full of QUALITY moments, things are drawn out of perspective all the time, the backgrounds are ridiculously simplistic and don't at all capture the meticulous detail of the manga, and it doesn't even end with Skull Knight or anything, it just fades out during the eclipse. I expected a lot more after having read the manga and having heard forever that the anime was a classic.
>>
>>146283584
The anime ended where the manga was at the time you fucking moron, it's not like it was ongoing or something you fucking imbecile goddamn.
Also it was literally just a glorified advertisement for the manga.
>>
>>146283759
>The anime ended where the manga was at the time
I kind of suspected that, but then in the post-credits scene it shows Guts setting off from Godot's house establishing that he lived, so I assumed the manga must have already shown that he lived as well and they just skipped the part where Skull Knight breaks them out.

>Also it was literally just a glorified advertisement for the manga.
How does that make it any better?
>>
>>146283851
You were meant to watch the anime first, then get into the manga, not the other way around.
And it's how most people on /a/ got introduced to Berserk, the intended way.

Inb4 you say some garbage like the new CGI turd is better than the old anime in which case I'll wish you to get cancer and die.
>>
>>146283979
>You were meant to watch the anime first, then get into the manga, not the other way around.
How could that be the intended way when the manga had been running since the late 80s in Japan and already attained popularity? You could say the same thing for almost any anime adaptation by that logic, but that doesn't mean that was the intended order. The only times it feels like that's intentional are when the manga and anime begin simultaneously and the manga keeps going after the anime finishes airing, or if the manga starts after the anime airs.

And I haven't tried the movies but I only lasted about 2 minutes of the new TV anime because I respect the manga so much that I just can't subject myself to that shit.
>>
>>146284092
>>How could that be the intended way when the manga had been running since the late 80s in Japan and already attained popularity?
How exactly do you think anime adaptations of manga even work?
>>
>>146284092
>How could that be the intended way when the manga had been running since the late 80s in Japan and already attained popularity?
It's called targeting new audiences, how can you be so fucking thick holy shit
>>
>>146284110
>>146284131
We're talking about the intended order, which implies that the creator intended people to watch the anime first and then read the manga, which is an impossible claim since Miura had been writing the manga for nearly a decade before the anime even started. Unless you're talking about the intentions of the anime staff and not the intentions of the creator of the story.
>>
>>146284191
INTENDED ORDER FOR NEWCOMERS YOU THICK BRIANDEAD FUCK SHIT IM DONE HERE YOUR STUPIDITY MIGHT RUB OFF ON ME
>>
>>146284363
So you're just saying that they intended for people who watched the anime to start reading the manga? No fucking shit, that's the intention of every adaptation ever. Saying shit like

>it's how most people on /a/ got introduced to Berserk, the intended way

implies that the intended order of Berserk is to watch the anime then read the manga. All I'm saying is I don't think Miura intended for people to ignore his work for a decade and wait until a mediocre adaptation came out, then watch it, then ignore all the manga he wrote in that time and pick up where the anime left off.
>>
Amazing OST, great atmosphere and adapts the best part of the Berserk story. I'm usually not very into old anime at all and I didn't watch this until a few months ago, yet I thought it was fantastic.

>>146283584
The backgrounds were fantastic. Comparing them to the manga isn't really fair.
>>
File: BerserkCasca.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
BerserkCasca.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>146283584
>The animation barely exists at all,
>>
>>146286060
>Amazing OST
It's unique, but I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it amazing. It does create a memorable atmosphere despite being an odd choice for a dark fantasy series. I think anything other than the shitty metal of the new anime would have been appropriate so I could take it or leave it.

>adapts the best part of the Berserk story
I must have missed the Lost Children episodes

>The backgrounds were fantastic. Comparing them to the manga isn't really fair.
It may be an unfair comparison because they are great in their own way, but when it's an adaptation I think comparing it to the source material is a valid comparison.
>>
>>146288040
Guts is one of my favourite songs of any OST. If you don't like it that's fine, but there's no point in arguing about taste in music.

>I must have missed the Lost Children episodes
Lost Children is great but I prefer Golden Age. It's also kind of short.

>It may be an unfair comparison because they are great in their own way, but when it's an adaptation I think comparing it to the source material is a valid comparison.
Expecting an anime to have the same background detail as a monthly manga, especially considering how detailed Miura is, is just unreasonable.
>>
>>146288352
>If you don't like it that's fine, but there's no point in arguing about taste in music.
It's not that I dislike it, I'm just indifferent about it. It's not a big positive of the anime for me since it didn't stand out as anything amazing.

>Expecting an anime to have the same background detail as a monthly manga, especially considering how detailed Miura is, is just unreasonable.
I don't see how, considering backgrounds are static and don't have to be animated.
>>
>>146283357
The animations sucked that's true. But the soundtrack was amazing and it adapted the whole Golden Age arc very well imo. It didn't have skull knight but it also didn't have some of the wackier siliness like Wyald or the assasins which were something you'd see in a campy fantasy flick (which is what the manga sadly becomes).
>>
>>146288668
>I don't see how, considering backgrounds are static and don't have to be animated.
They have to be painted plus anime runs on a small budget and a tight schedule.
>>
>>146288818
Painting is no more or less intensive than drawing/inking and manga runs on a small budget and tight schedule as well. They could have gotten an artist with a different style more representative of Miura's to do the backgrounds and it wouldn't have taken more time or budget.
>>
>>146288926
>Painting is no more or less intensive than drawing/inking
No it's not. When mangaka do colored pages it takes them a lot longer.
>>
>>146289161
Coloring and inking lineart is a lot different than painting.
>>
Reminder that this is the average Berserkfag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvYxvGb0UjU
>>
Reminder that this is the average Berserkfag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k80PspGCNak
>>
>>146288040
>All of this contrarian and pseudo-intellectualism in a single post
Oh man, you never fail to amaze me /a/.
>>
>>146291596
Have you ever considered that instead of other people being pseudo-intellectual, you might just be a dumbass?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.