[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can non-Japanese enjoy anime? Subs are awful, burger dubs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: donald trump.jpg (150KB, 683x385px) Image search: [Google]
donald trump.jpg
150KB, 683x385px
How can non-Japanese enjoy anime?
Subs are awful, burger dubs are worse, you don't understand the cultural references, and your eyes are glued to the bottom 1/8 of the screen all the time.
How is this enjoyable?
>>
>>146258584
>He can't read subs in under a second
>>
How can ESLs enjoy 4chan?
The posts are awful, burger posters are worse, you don't understand cultural references, and your eyes are glued to waifu pictures 7/8 of the screen all the time.
How is this enjoyable?
>>
>>146258584
So, you know what dubs are, and you still seem to think I have to read subtitles?
>>
I'm so used to subtitles that I unconciously process them without thinking about it. They might as well be speaking English.

Parsing them only becomes a problem if I actually try thinking about it in the same way your breathing gets fucked up if you if you think about it.
>>
>>146258646
Pretty much this, and also just one re-watch since my memory isn't like a fucking goldfish. You'd have to be an extra special snowflake if you read and ignore what they are saying as well, since lots of sentences are familiar. It's not like the language gets super deep technically, even Japanese children develop from watching it.
>>
I don't watch it with subtitles. It's all ching Chang chong to me. I just gauge reactions. I've been watching anime like this for 13 years.
>>
日本語をわかることができる、てめぇぇ
>>
mental illness
>>
>>146261625
I should do this, maybe anime could be enjoyable again.
>>
When I realized the reason my friends don't like subs is because it takes too long for them to read, I felt sorry for them.
>>
>>146261625
I don't watch anime with subtitles either. Some may consider it strange, but I understand stuff enough focusing on the characters. Besides, in the end it's just anime/cartoons it's not like there is ever any deep philosophical crap in it.
>>
i know way more of you watch dubs then are leading on

>>146261136
>I'm so used to subtitles that I unconciously process them without thinking about it. They might as well be speaking English.

pretty much this,

you kinda forget that your reading, and hear their voices speaking in english kinda in your brain
>>
>>146262238
Same. I hardly ever watch anime when I'm sober so I never turn the subtitles on.

Anime is more like ambiance than something I actually watch. Though the countless hours I spend collecting pictures here and talking/shit posting about something I never even watched is cool.

I know people who spend days and days here for years that don't even watch anime.
>>
>>146258584
>and your eyes are glued to the bottom 1/8 of the screen all the time.
Maybe you should work on your peripheral vision and reading speed. It's not hard.
>>
Would you listen to an anime on the radio? Maybe they should bring back those radio programs like the lone ranger but for anime.
>>
No one actually reads subtitles.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.