[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this anime decrease in quality after the first season?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (173KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 3840x2160px
Why does this anime decrease in quality after the first season? Is it a lack of exploration of the supporting characters throughout the series?
>>
>>146258579
They took out the slice of life part and made each episode just racing
>>
It's because Takumi stops being the underdog, and once he gets to Project D, they put too much focus each race on how he's improved some minor aspect of his driving skill that's not really noticeable to someone who isn't a racing enthusiast.
>>
Is this an eurobeat thread?
>>
They had him win because of actual bullshit instead of him just being retardedly good. I think for one race, his opponent's car slipped on a leaf and spun out, letting Takumi get ahead.
>>
>>146258804
GAS GAS GAS
>>
>>146258923
Yeah, that was horseshit.
>>
>>146258690
Yeah the slice of life really makes it shine.

A bit like Gantz, Gintama (little comedy arcs) or One Piece. A shame to focus only on racing.
>>
I stopped midway through Fourth Stage. Takumi never losing just got boring after a while. The only times I felt actual tension were the times it was two people other than Takumi racing.
>>
>>146258784
Might be kinda true too. All the contrasts, the slice of life vs the racing life, the underdog vs the prodigy, is interesting.

The parts in Akagi where Akagi doesn't play mahjong but threatens gangsters or classmates are amazing.

Btw Akagi is kinda Takumi of mahjong (or rather the reverse).
>>
It's just repetitive. Of course something won't stay enjoyable if you do the same thing over and over, and naturally a writer will use up all their best ideas early. Sports series in particular start off especially strong because the most enjoyable part is the build up of skills and payoff when the character become successful.
>>
There's one or two songs from the soundtrack I liked but I didn't watch any of it.
>>
I'd kill for a Nakazato/Shingo Night Kids spinoff series or OVA
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.