[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I want to kill myself after reading this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1471807280551.png (202KB, 978x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1471807280551.png
202KB, 978x1400px
Why do I want to kill myself after reading this?
>>
>>146247275
I think you are making a little too much out this.
I get that the manga does make you feel bad for punpun but I think you're exaggerating more than quite a bit.
Maybe you could go so far as to actually talk about the manga rather than the usual extreme attentionseeking OP.
>>
>>146247811
>the manga does make you feel bad for punpun
Not really, it made me feel bad because of how much I could relate to him.

Are you even supposed to feel bad for punpun, assuming you're a "normal" person? He's clearly unlikable.
>>
>>146247930
He represents a part of the fears everyone has.
The combination of of shitty childhood and warped surroundings just makes it worse for him.
I'm pretty sure Punpun was designed for being related to.
>>
>>146247930
>Are you even supposed to feel bad for punpun, assuming you're a "normal" person? He's clearly unlikable.
It depends on yourself. I could see how pathetic and self-wallowing and self-fulfilling his depression was, but I still could understand how he got to that place. So I didn't relate with him one on one, but I really could understand what his situations were.

Also, unrelated, I really like Asano's art style and how he traces photos for the backgrounds.
>>
>>146248288

Have you read Dedededed demon's yet?
It's shaping up to be pretty good.
Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJ4mETlTmQ>>146248288
>>
>>146248368
>Have you read Dedededed demon's yet?
Was actually about to start it tonight. Main character looks super, super fucking cute and her brother looks like a bro.

Also, that looks pretty neat, I don't think I've seen that yet. Thanks for linking.
>>
>>146247930
I found him to be completely irrational and difficult to relate to. The manga is fantastic in many levels, but it made me feel annoyed more than anything else.
>>
>>146248478
Quite a lot of the start of Dededededed demon's is devoted to setting up the characters and setting but its picking up pace now.
>>
File: 1465974222206.png (1MB, 1825x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1465974222206.png
1MB, 1825x1300px
>>146248183
>Punpun was designed for being related to
Is this why his appearance is like that?

What fears are you talking about?
The part of the manga that affected me the most (even if it was the only part I couldn't somewhat relate to directly) was everything that happened once he fled with Aiko. I don't really know why though

>>146248288
Yeah, the art is great.

That's why I said that most would find him unlikable, because of the self-fulfilling nature of his sadness.
>>
>>146248597
>Is this why his appearance is like that?
Yes, that is what I meant when I said he was designed to be related to, hell even self inserted into.
>>
>>146248667
What does the change of appearance from the tetrahedron to the long black head represent, though?
>>
>>146248937
I honestly can't exactly remember when that form first appears.
But I'm think it was when he went into his first big slump/withdrawal. So, depression would be my answer.
>>
>>146249164
Yeah, that makes sense.
>>
>>146249202
Also Asano said this
>There’s no real meaning behind that. (laugh) I like traditional decorations, so that’s what I felt like drawing. That’s all. The manga is a blend of things that have meaning and things that have absolutely none.

Source: https://mangabrog.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/inio-asano-interview-reality-is-tough-so-read-this-manga-about-cute-girls-and-feel-better/

The interviewer explicitly asks about the heads.
>>
>>146249291
Now, that I read it again, that interview does answer a rather lot about the manga.
More than I previously realized.
>>
>>146249291
Great interview, thanks for that link.
>>
>>146249964
I've been reading this manga called Kiichi.
It too portrays life in a stark, kind of un-glamorized way. It's got its own way of going about things though.
You might like it.
I'm trying to get everyone to read it because even though the author Arai hideki is recognized on /a/ and even has a cult like following among alternative manga readers in Japan I feel he deserves more attention here.
Scanlation releases of his works always end up being erratic. All of his works are very good imo and even if you're not into that sort of thing you'll find them interesting at the very least.
>>
>>146250442
Thanks for the rec anon, I'll look into it.
>>
>>146250503
If you do enjoy Arai hideki please ask for more of his stuff to be translated on scanlator threads that appear here in my stead.
>>
>>146250679
Sure, I'll keep that in mind.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.