[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, after all these years i decided to watch Eva and give it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: harambe.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
harambe.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
So, after all these years i decided to watch Eva and give it a fair chance, actually sitting through it and i realize how blinded I was in not actually giving it a fair chance sooner.

After watching pic related I thought "Man this scene in rebuild must be amazing with the higher budget" so i say 'what the hell why not' and queue it up on youtube and... Wait. The fuck is this? The fuck is this naruto 4-tailed kyuubi level shit what the fuck is this slow walk to the angel shit what the fuck happened?! WHERE DID IT ALL GO SO WRONG!?

I realize only now; true suffering
>>
>>146236376

Either Hideaki Anno doesn't understand what made Eva good (unlikely) or he's phoning in the rebuilds.
>>
>>146236376
thank you for not making another
>hurr durr EVA is shit I know so much about anime Anno is such a hack
thread
>>
now this is shitposting
>>
>>146236376
The only thing the Rebuilds rehashed that I liked more than in the original series was everything with Ramiel.
>>
>>146238491
taking out Ramiel in Rebuild was so damn good. Great animation, great action and great soundtrack. It was just plain great. I can't see episode 6 anymore without waiting for Unit 01 to rise up while there's an orchestral track in the background.

So good
>>
>>146238714
I also like how they made Ramiel even more weird. I like Eva for its very human characters and complex themes, but one of the more shallow things I love about it is just the weird monsters. I get a real kick out of how alien the Angels can be. That's why I was disappointed to not see Leliel, Arael, or Armisael reimagined in the Rebuilds.
>>
>>146238491
Agreed, literally the only thing Rebuild did right
>>
File: 1470355611205.jpg (695KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1470355611205.jpg
695KB, 2560x1600px
>>146239038
Eva doesn't get enough credit for being just plain cool. I really like something as shallow as the blood from the angels. It's such a simple thing, but it gives such a weird feel when they kill them, seeing everything get covered in blood.

Both the Evas and the Angels are really cool. Like the power chords for the Evas or the weird way the flesh of the angels act.

Leliel and Arael would've been great to see again. I'm not that sad about Armisael though.
>>
>>146239518
Armisael was kind of underwhelming because the series was being so rushed in those last few episodes that it was hard, for me at least, to even understand what it was trying to do and what happened with it and Rei, but I still like it for that feeling of "what the fuck is this even supposed to be."
>>
>>146240164
it tried to fuse with the Evas, that's how I understood it at least. Maybe to evolve or something or If it would've actually fused with Unit 01 Third Impact might've started right there and then, I think.

It does a good job at putting the pilots on edge out of pure wtf factor. They probably felt some of the fusion stuff. Must've been hella weird
>>
CG killed anime forever.
>>
File: 23_C117_comp.jpg (179KB, 640x996px) Image search: [Google]
23_C117_comp.jpg
179KB, 640x996px
>>146240608
It was tentacle rape.

Accurate depiction of the female orgasm.
>>
>>146240608
So it wasn't just me who thought that shit was really unclear?

Like, I won't pretend to understand what was going on with Leliel physics-wise, but I could still tell that it was adequately explained and shown.
>>
>>146236376
I liked it.
While i can see where you are coming from, i personally think the way it was shown in the tv series was already perfect, so having an alternate take on this scene was fine to me.
>>
>>146239038
>complex themes
>in evangelion

Ebin
>>
Only decent rebuild was 1.0
They are not directed by Anno himself so dont expect the same level of detail that he gives to his works.

2.0 Its when shit hits the fan, they create a new character for the sole porpuse of selling merchandise and the plot becomes a mess.
3.33 Its like A LOT WORSE.

Also cgi in 2d anime looks LIKE COMPLETE SHIT.
>>
>>146237512
I'm pretty sure he got sick of the Rebuilds after 2.0 and has been phoning it in. With Shin Gojira he had an excuse to stop working on 4.0, and now I'm not sure if he'll ever return to it. Also I watched Shin Gojira. It was pretty typical Anno style.
>>
>>146246861
I think these movies are just to cash in some money for his new company.
And to keep selling eva products.

How was Shin Gojira anyway? I dont live in JP so I havent seen it yet.
>>
>americans watching evangelion
absolute terror
>>
>>146247034
Too be honest, I didn't understand around 50% of the film because they talk really fast and my Japanese isn't that good. In fact, a Japanese person I spoke too said that it's a bit too fast even for Japanese. Despite that I liked it a lot. A lot of the shots were very "artistic", especially in regards to blocking of the frame, since a lot of the shots would have the subject on one side and some object taking up the rest of the frame typically in some slanting angle. Shiro Sagisu did the music and they actually had a remixed track from Evangelion in the film score.

I had some minor issues with the film. An actress who was supposed to be third generation Japanese American was obviously not American at all with her accent being terrible. Also the CGI effects have absolutely nothing on the American Godzilla. The movie is still pretty entertaining despite this, and I'd like to watch it again with subs to understand everything.
>>
>>146239518
It might be shallow, but I love interaction with the angels just as much as you do. It's simple and beautiful in my eyes.

>>146246677
WHY are you TYPING like a RETARD? Fuck off to /v/, I'm sure they do type the same way.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.