[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This series looks really edgy. Is it poorly handled/juvenile/cringeworthy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (66KB, 736x903px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 736x903px
This series looks really edgy. Is it poorly handled/juvenile/cringeworthy edge, like SAO/90% of """"dark"""" anime, or is it pretty well done?
>>
It's well made from a production standpoint but the story and characters are terrible and make it near unwatchable.

If it wasn't for all the cheap waifubait no one would talk about it.
>>
Its not really edgy since the Protag is the cause of most of his problems.

the author definitely has a plan, so I wouldn't say its poorly handled.

Things like the politics and worldbuiling are left wanting, but I'm not really watching for that. To me its more about the characters.
>>
>>146219242
Why don't you find out yourself faggot?
>>
>>146219242
I wouldn't use any of those adjectives to describe any of the problems I have with Re:Zero.
Subaru is cringe-ingly dumb at times and his fanatical, pathological devotion to first girl doesn't make much sense at first, but I don't think that's what you meant.
>>
>>146219242
It's Steins gate and Attack on Titan combined.
>>
>>146219242
It's watamote of isekai.
>>
Hiro really needs to autoban this """XXXX""" shit
>>
>>146219242
It's okay.
I think it deserve some of the hype.
I enjoy it to an "extent", and I only watched it yesterday (marathoned).
It's not groundbreaking by any means, but it's enjoyable.
I'm not of the MC's decision a lot of the time though.
>>
It's this year's epicly adapted LN which epicly subverts many anime tropes and makes the viewer really think about things.
>>
>>146219242
Varies by episode
>>
I dropped it when a multi-episode villain turned out to be a fucking random anonymous puppy.
>>
>>146220038
It activated your almonds, didn't it?
>>
>>146219242
>anime
>well done
>>
File: Re_Zero_Volume_3_7.jpg (118KB, 727x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Re_Zero_Volume_3_7.jpg
118KB, 727x1024px
>>146220184
It was the blue haired girl.
>>
>>146219242
People are mostly in for waifus
The story is ok though
Still MC is shit
>>
Oh it's cringeworthy, but not for the reason you think.
The MC tries to act like he's in SAO but the world shits on him for it.
>>
File: bitch.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bitch.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>146220184
uguu~
>>
>>146219242
Nothing at all like SAO, the character isn't amazing at anything besides telling everyone what's going to happen in the future after dying repeatedly.
>>
I really don't give a shit about the main character "suffering", the heroine was okay, but yes, the waifubait was obvious. The world building is interesting, mainly because of the witches.

I don't know, I felt like the MC didn't develop or grow and just changes in recent episode for the sake of plot. It doesn't feel satisfying when the MC did the right thing because, he did so many stupid shit before that in the recent episode is more like "about fucking time".

If I were to compare it to something it would be to say, the MC of Onani master, I felt like the character development of MC is right if not done better there than here.

But, I guess it could be fun, if you don't try to analyze every little detail. I mean it's a waifu-bait, no doubt about that.

all in all, if you want to enjoy this anime, turn off your brain, aside from the world building stuff
>>
>>146223854
Do people pat themselves on the back after they make convoluted posts like this?
>>
>>146223973
Yes.
>>
>>146219242
Neither. The writing is autistic, not just he characters. If writing matters to you, this show will make you want to kill yourself.
>>
Re:Zero in a few words?

Cringe writing, bad animation, and it panders to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>146219242
Good, consistent design, great OST and many interesting characters.
MC is fucking idiotic until he loops a few times, but this anime wouldn't work without a stupid MC, and I prefer him over some whiny Shoe copy.
Plot is interesting if you don't overthink it.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.