[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is wrong with Re:Zero?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 21

File: image.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
What exactly is wrong with Re:Zero?
>>
>>146205335
LN-tier writing.
>>
>>146205335
Mainly the plot and characters.
>>
>>146205409
Don't forget the hacky, disingenuous social commentary and psychology.
>>
>>146205335
it's too popular for the /a/ autist contingency
>>
>>146205407
Not an actual criticism
>>
too short episodes
japan needs to get into 45 minutes format
>>
It's not a shitty loli show, so 4chan hates it
>>
File: 1460836417231.png (3MB, 1249x1402px) Image search: [Google]
1460836417231.png
3MB, 1249x1402px
SOA hype culture phenomenon

Every year there is this one anime that all the SOA fanbase rallies behind and proclaim as a masterpiece.

Honestly this year of anime has been fucking crap so far.
Only thing i actually find some what good are
Luluco and Jojo and there not even that great.
>>
>>146205455
How so?
>>
File: smug.png (315KB, 423x384px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
315KB, 423x384px
Would wanna watch it but then i see the females of this show and they look like generic maids and have a horrible design so i am never gonna watch it.
>>
What's right with it to justify the hype, is the better question. People are just obsessed with Rem, and the more bland she becomes the more they like her. The the world and magic are undeveloped, only Subaru gets interesting characterization and development but he's still annoying, the art style is generic, the action scenes are boring, etc. None of that amounts to an entirely terrible series, just an average one at best. It's just not worth all the attention it gets.

In all honesty, I am just bored by it. It doesn't annoy me, it doesn't upset me, I'm just bored. It had interesting moments but they never lasted.
>>
>>146205568
>JoJo
>Trigger

Opinion immediately disregarded
>>
>>146205718
Are you new to this website?
>>
File: mad.png (607KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
607KB, 1280x720px
>>146205718
Luluco is kino
>>
>>146205335
The hype.
Anything popular is not allowed on /a/
>>
>>146205754
No, how would you come to that conclusion?
>>
File: 1461434132735.png (284KB, 311x343px) Image search: [Google]
1461434132735.png
284KB, 311x343px
>>146205874
You actually care about opinions on this site?
>>
>>146205407
>seasonal watchers
where do you think you are
>>
>>146205991
I do when I've been drinking. I don't like people being wrong.
>>
It's too perfect. After watching a masterpiece like Re:Zero, all other anime would look like shit in comparison.
>>
>>146205335
Emilia
>>
I don't like the MC very much.
He sort've flexes between self-insert and retarded plot device depending on what version the story needs. Found myself skipping through a lot just out of disinterest.

I did like the white whale and Betelgeuse. Hopefully there's more spooky cult and giant monster slaying shit.
>>
It's literally the first time I've watched an anime and thought "this would be way more interesting as a VN"
>>
Not a single actual thought-out criticism in this entire thread. I thought /a/ was better than that.
>>
>>146206421
It might actually be, although I don't get how the system would work if it's meant to have choices and save/loading.

Wait, maybe you could make it so it autosaves all the time and you can only load the autosave, like Dark Souls.
>>
>>146205335
It's popular.
>>
>>146205335
too much SoL and waifu wars/praise. Humans are pathetic creatures but you can't just transport them to a fantasy world and pretend it's a realistic portrayal if 80% of the time romance is focused on.
>>
File: 1441737543535.png (373KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
1441737543535.png
373KB, 1000x666px
>>146206615
>I thought /a/ was better than that.
>>
>>146205335
Crossboarders come just to make shit threads about the show
>>
>>146205335
It's basically SAO 2.0
>>
Its cancerous fanbase.
>>
Subaru has become an absolute shit character in the show, since he's somehow turned into the "hero" of the story, which he doesn't fit into. The worst part was, they were starting to make him an actual character, but then destroyed that in place of a self-insert. I've heard good things about the WN, so maybe he becomes less horrible in that. Other than that, it's a pretty okay concept with okay execution (pun not intended), but nothing phenomenal.
>>
>>146205335

I like the fantasy world and the characters. But I hate when more than half of the episode content is Subaru talking about himself or other characters talking about Subaru.

Also, fuck Subaru for chose Emilia instead of Rem.
>>
>>146205335
His existence
>>
The more I think about it, the less I like any of the characters in the show other than the ones that haven't had the screentime to actually allow the viewers to get to know them (Al, Julius, Reinhard, Rom, etc.).
>>
>>146205335
Subaru rejected best girl
>>
File: 1471630481807.png (13KB, 151x146px) Image search: [Google]
1471630481807.png
13KB, 151x146px
>tfw Elsa dies in arc 4
Only character I liked
>>
File: 1465522520007.jpg (72KB, 440x406px) Image search: [Google]
1465522520007.jpg
72KB, 440x406px
>>146205335
It is the normie filter of the year, after the likes of One Punch, Tokyo Ghoul and Titan
>>
>>146205335
Boring shit that doesn't actually get good until episode 15 when the MC gets shitted on profusely.
>>
>>146208158
Forgot to add SAO.
>>
File: bingo.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bingo.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>146207951
He told Rem that Emilia is his #1 but he's obviously making her his side chick. He can't pass up a girl like that.
>>
>>146205335
The bad thing about Re:Zero is that the girls carry the show. Not just any girl carries the show though. Rem carries most of it. What I despise about this show, is that Rem is written to be THE waifu bait that everyone falls for. However, the thing is is that if you don't care about the girls in this show, then Re:Zero is absolutely pointless. The girls (mostly Rem) carry the plot forward, and she's written so the audience falls for her. However, some people can see through the author's setup and just not fall for Rem, but that only makes the show meaningless. For example, episode 18 was only good if you were a Remfag. Otherwise, episode 18 was just too teenagers crying over MUH FEELINGS for 20 minutes straight, which is just not good.

In short, the girls carry the show and move the plot. However, if you don't care about the waifubaiting, then the show has no meaning whatsoever.

All in all, it's an enjoyable show on its own I guess. It's not good, but if you're a sucker for suffering then it's entertaining.
>>
>>146208554
two*
>>
>>146208554
What the hell, I hate Rem but I like the show. What I am?
>>
>>146208554
>If you don't care about the characters the show is shit
Welcome to anime
>>
>>146207800
Grass is always greener on the other side.
>>
>>146208700
Someone who is watching it for the entertainment.
>>
>>146205335
Nothing much, just the fanbase.
>>
>>146208554
This so much.
How many episodes Subaru's been trying to save Emilia?
>>
How old is Subaru in the WN?
>>
>>146208962
He says in the anime he's 18 if you were paying attention.
>>
>>146208554
Yeah I don't like Rem. But I'm not disliking the show.
>>
File: Best side character.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Best side character.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
>>146208554
What carries the show is Subaru's desire to be acknowledged by others. So you haven't noticed. I give no fucks about the girls. I love the manly men that are there though.
>>
>>146205568
I hated SOA but enjoy this.
>>
>tfw you enjoy a show then it gets really popular and now everyone argues about it all the time
>>
>>146209288
I kinda hate that guy and Subaru for the same reason - they're obsessed with their women. Call me a faggot but I think they're not worth it, and if a show has some characters like that I'll tolerate it but if it's a recurring theme it gets annoying. Krusch gets mad respect from me for following her ambitions rather than Subaru's dick.
>>
>>146209520
Though even Krusch had to take a short ride on Subaru's dick, figuratively, giving him all that praise.
>>
>>146209520
Wilhelm's actions are completely understandable. He loves his wife, who he was married to for (probably) 30-40 years, then the White Whale kills her. Most people would be devestated when their wife gets killed, Wilhelm just had trouble managing his sorrow, so he seeked revenge. Subaru's "love" makes absolutely no sense, since all Emilia did was be nice to him. He hasn't had time to really get to know her, so his "love" is completely unwarranted.
>>
>>146205842
This. Basically when an anime is acclaimed as good at some mainstream site like reddit /a/ is basically conditioned to hate it unless it aired ten years ago, in which case /a/ would fellate it endlessly.

We've been seeing a lot of falseflaggers compare Re:Zero against Evangelion, but let's face that if Re:Zero aired then and Eva aired today the latter will get shat on.
>>
>>146206805
It's already been done, by the west even. It's called Life is Tumblr and it's the most cringeworthy thing ever.
>>
>>146205718
>Not liking Jojo
>Not liking Trigger
Let me guess. You like pretentious cartoons with shit 2deep4u ending like EVA. Or you just baiting
>>
File: 12318623681.jpg (1MB, 1516x2205px) Image search: [Google]
12318623681.jpg
1MB, 1516x2205px
>>146205651

Not him, but any at-length explanation would be wasted on /a/. Just go to some blog or youtube if you want some person's long-winded opinions/criticisms on the show's flaws.
>>
>>146211862
>Just go to a blog
Why don't you link Kotaku already?
>>
>>146205335
LN-shit at times. Seriously, no need for this haremshit, the rest of the story is decent on it's own.
>>
>>146209288
Why do people worship Wilhelm so much? Literally all he's done is say "muh waifu" and wave his sword around a bit. He hasn't said anything of value and his flashback with his wife was utterly dull. Does he do anything good later?
>>
>>146212009

This show is pretty much impossible to discuss here because of all the trolls and rapid fanboys. I like to call it the Bakemonogatari Syndrome.
>>
>>146212239

>rapid
Welp, time for me to go to bed.
>>
Self inserts see too much of their true selves in subaru, and it repulses them.
>>
>>146205335
Saw the first episode and time loops are shit so I didn't watch episode 2. It looks like a show that tries to make you sad with a lot of death and tragedy but not much plot to speak of, sadly.
>>
>>146209520
>Call me a faggot but I think they're not worth it,
Women are never as worth it as anime makes them out to be, and I quickly lose interest in characters obsessed with a single girl.
Maybe I just don't believe in love, but I can't feel anything but wasted time whenever there's a romance going on.
>>
>>146212239
Don't need to discuss. It will go like this
>You gonna type your opinion
>We gonna call bullshit on it
>You will say everybody taste is bad because some of them like some shounenshit
>We will say you were baiting since the start
You can start typing now
>>
>>146205532
>>146205565
Basically this.

There's nothing wrong with it, and it's got some pretty solid high-notes, but because of it's popularity the regular 4chan user is gong to bash it endlessly to try and maintain their reprieved image 4chan, which quite ironically is either super serious business 24/7 because they operate on another level, or purposefully chaotic and purposefully senseless for the forced sense of anarchy and rebellion.

Personally I'd give Re:Zero like a 3/5 at best. The second arc is trying to take it in some interesting directions to be sure, but I highly doubt it's going to be able to stick any sort of satisfying landing at the end of it's performance.
>>
>>146206134
you must really hate the shit out of yourself then
>>
>>146205335
>trapped in a video game
Everytime.
>>
>>146205335
The MC is shitty and unlikeable,
the only reason the show has legs to stand on is because
some of the supporting cast actually makes it watchable,
but pretty much every scene with the MC up until a couple recent ones is a huge turn-off.

He's not interesting or a mary sue, so there's nothing to care about except that he has a cool power I guess.
>>
I wish the series was about 26-27 episodes long so that it could fit in important details and scenes that were skipped.
I like the story for what it is; and no I did not jump on the hype train I actually knew this novel existed and I was interested in it; however lack of information made it difficult to appreciate the series. I like how many parts of the story are now fleshed and connected and have become a bigger fan.
>>
>>146213194
So special.
>>
>>146213285
I mean't it as a counter for some type of anon calling me a hype jumper
Just clarifying I'm not, and excuse the pretentious tone in my comment; it wasn't supposed to sound that way.
>>
>>146205335
It's still ruined for me with the "Transported to another world" crap.

Always seems a lame setup for a self insert everyman.
>>
Unoriginal LN trash that only exists to milk money from people dumb enough to fall for waifubait. Tries to justifiy its existance by adding shock value in form of making the MC suffer or characters die brutally, only to have time be reversed and eliminate any actual consequences.

Fans defend it because they think that gore and tragedy automatically makes a story deep, regardless of how it's implemented. "Its a subversion of the genre!" they'll say, while ignoring how the only thing anyone cares about in the series are the girls, rather than the story, setting or actual quality of the characters. Re:Zero tries to hide, it but in the end of the day it's only another forgettable LN adaptation to add to the pile, and when its forgotten another one will rise in its place, untill the fad dies down, and as such the status quo is mantained. Rinse and repeat.

Reminder : Shock value is to writing what jumpscares are to horror movies, a crutch used by talentless hacks that can only appeal to basic human instincs because they're not good enough to write anything better.
>>
>>146205335
>alternate fantasy world
>indecisive faggot neet mc
BOORING
>>
>>146205335
see
>this entire thread
>>
>>146205335
It's too popular.
>>
File: Roger-Ebert-Vince-Bucci.jpg (50KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Roger-Ebert-Vince-Bucci.jpg
50KB, 630x420px
>>146205335
Roger Ebert here, back from the grave; I hereby grant this Japanese animation 4/4 stars.

I also take back what I said about video games.

Deuces.
>>
>>146214107
This but unironically
>>
There is 0 reason for the MC to be from our world
That only makes it less interesting, and its so lazy why cant writers come out with real characters that makes sense in the context of the story they want to tell
Anybody can do generic "japanese otaku in X setting"
I could do it
>>
>>146205335
The amount of circlejerk in this thread is insane.
>>
>>146205335
It's shit.
>>
>>146214976
Do it then, Kubo. Fuck.
>>
File: if rem was pokeman.jpg (24KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
if rem was pokeman.jpg
24KB, 300x400px
So is this show considered a harem? I feel like its touching the edges of it but Subaru has been rejecting every girl for Emilia so far. However in the last episode with Crusch, he mentioned that Emilia was 1# and Rem was #2 and that if it wasn't for them he'd be fucking Crusch's tight pussy right now.
>>
>>146212363
No you are a rational person
I can still enjoy love stories if they are well written just dont make the male character into a pussy whipped faggot and treat affection realistically

But anime watchers have no idea how real human beings have love relationships that last past the infatuation phase
>>
Worldbuilding is non existent, word is inconsistent.

Characterization is terrible, with literally everyone being a second class archetype. Princesses are unbelievable. For example if any of them acted the way they did in ep 13, none would be allowed to get the throne. And this is just an example, the whole show is filled with shit like that which breaks any sense of immersion and believability.
All mystique about EMC is done away by the middle of the show, exposing her as bland and stupid as fuck. Instead of remedying this by giving her more focus and fleshing her out, she's put in the back seat. Drill loli, arguably the most interesting and best girl is ignored completely. Red is under developed. Blue turned from an enigmatic ironic otaku bait into bland otaku pandering tranwreck. Inconsistent characterization of main character between eps 1-3, then 3-13 and everything after show how sloppy the writer is handling characters. Then there's utterly inane development of him later on which is neither logically consistent nor plays to show's strengths. If you're making an anime about a loser doing heroic things, don't turn him into a straightforward hero.

There's some good directing and animation, but the music is bland and artstyle leaves something to be desired at certain portions, like the mansion.

My overall verdict what the show is about is that it's self hating otaku pandering. It's all about sucking the viewer's self insert cock before cock and ball torture so he can deceive himself that this is a deconstruction or a thinking man's show for real intellectuals. Of course, how hard this show has been shilled, it was very successful at this which shows how utterly pathetic most otaku are. Thank god for /a/ or there'd be no place on the net where people don't suck it's dick.
>>
>>146215212
Most shows considered harems work like this, remember zero no tsukaima?
MC is usually not allowed to openly shoot for more than one girl
Its a harem for the viewers, a waifu buffet if you will
>>
>>146205335
The writing

still one of the best shows this season, but that's not saying much
>>
>>146215212
He seems to be aiming for it based on his own words and actions and comments about him like >>146208516. Makes sense, he wants to be a somebody so he'd like all the goods that come with it.
>>
>>146205335
The part where Rem dies
>>
>>146205409
Which is pretty close to anime-tier. So I don't see a problem
>>
>>146215996
Is literally (eh get it?) the same
>>
>>146216091
That depressed me more than I thought it would.

But then Welcome To The NHK was a novel, so was Haruhi. Problem is all these LN's are mirroring each other rather than being something stark and contrasting.
>>
>>146216480
Im sure there are plenty of fine books being written in Japan right now that have nothing to do with anything anime, dont follow the same few tired tropes and some are even breaking new ground all while being enjoyable to people that are into books.
Those works are not even considered for anime adaptations, its authors likely wouldnt want tha to happen and all the space is taken by LNs anyways.
LNs are its own bubble, people see it as anime in written form, they are written with this intent, all LN author want their work to be an anime some day
Very incestuous relationship
>>
>>146216739
Exactly, anime is a medium not a set of tropes, but it's dangerously internalized what it thinks it should be and is cannibalizing itself with bullshit.

LoGH was a novel, granted it taken a near decade of OVAs but it was at least a sweeping epic.
>>
>Ley starts to immitate Rem when he sees her friends

Subaru is gonna loose his shit if they meet.
>>
>>146205335
It's popular so shitposting 5x the normal amount.
>>
>>146205335
The fanbase progressively became cancer, and though I like the show the writing and pacing are pretty terrible at times.
>>
File: 1338610585105.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1338610585105.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>146208516
>>146215685
>Actually wanting your waifu to be someone's sloppy seconds.
If you cared for Rem you would rather her to lose with dignity, so she can find someone later on who will actually have her as his #1 like she rightfully deserves.
>>
>>146217313
>The fanbase progressively became cancer
This happens every time, every single time shippers fall hard for the girl who isn't the main girl (now, shippers always like the non-main girls better, it's rare for most of them to like the main girl, but when they fall especially hard for a/the non-main, the threads always become this cancerous, because they know it's the main girl who will very likely end up with the MC, so they spend most of the time derailing the threads bashing the main girl and posting about their waifu).

In Re:Zero's case this is not particularly odd, since Rem IS a waifubait character (her entire character pretty much comes down to loving the MC) and Emilia is severely underdeveloped. Hell, was Emilia even relevant past the first episodes?
>>
>>146218389
Believe me it disgusts me, but only the character can realize she deserves better than this.
>>
>>146218389
Always nice to see an image from the wire on /a/. What is the wire of anime?
>>
The best parts are Subaru getting humbled.

the world building is ok so far, kinda barebones, but apparently we're hardly halfway in so I give it more space.

People complaining aabout guys like Subaru and Wilhelm being obsessed with their waifus forget guys like Julius and Reinhardt exist.

There's honestly little reason to hate the show
>>
>>146209303
That's because SAO didn't have shitty waifubait "best grills"

Add them and suddenly it's the AOTS
>>
>>146205335
The main character is literally retarded
>>
>>146205335
Rem is waifubait.
LN writer thinks he is making some sort of DEEP social commentary about otakus, but instead is writing the usual wish-fulfillment crap.
>>
Inconsistent MC.
One episode he's willing to attempt the craziest thing imaginable, the next he's suddenly afraid of death. One episode he is an idiot who didn't even know how to ask for help properly, the next he's suddenly wise enough to pick up subtle hints to figure out the ongoing plan to hunting the whale.
This made it hard to root for the MC. The author probably wanted to show the MC's struggle so to make him seem like a real person, but the inconsistency made it difficult to care for him. The part where he was in despair, was just boring.
>>
>>146205335

It's clear otaku shit
>>
>>146220368
This I don't mind MC being a little bit inconcistent but it's like every 3 episodes Suburu has a complete personality change
>>
>>146219051
>That's because SAO didn't have shitty waifubait "best grills"
But that's almost all the cast in SAO.
>>
File: upset maids.png (564KB, 781x635px) Image search: [Google]
upset maids.png
564KB, 781x635px
Why is Emilia so shit? She ruined the whole episode.
>>
File: 1470435453908.png (919KB, 755x798px) Image search: [Google]
1470435453908.png
919KB, 755x798px
>>146205658
Agreed, tried to watch the first episode, just couldn't do it.
>>
>>146215365
> Worldbuilding non-existent
Well excuse me Mr. "I don't know anything about Volakia, Gusteko, Kararagi, and Lugnica. I also never realized how Lugnica is revolved around the dragon with the people and politics at it's feet. Or the fact that the witch's influence upon the world. She who destroyed half the world. She who released beasts and calamity to help world hunger and projected herself of hunger onto her creation. She who gave artificial emotions. She who healed the world with her fists of fury but in doing so, caused pandemonium. She who gave judgement that is not a mercy of a child. She who drove out the dragon in his waterfall to have peace. She who obtained all the knowledge when she lived and continued to do so after her death."
> They shouldn't be allowed to get to the throne
Well you should have paid attention to the council that barely gave a fuck. You should have paid attention to the dragon. It is all about the dragon. You should have figured it out a long time ago. They only care about the covenant. It's all about the dragon. If you wanna question somebody, talk to the lizard as to why he chose them.
> Emilia
We barely got anything from her. Nothing. And your complaining when we barely get anything from her considering we are only in arc 3? Just saying. You could just be patient and read, but no, you are too SLOTHFUL to wait for a second season or read moon to read ahead. The anime is only one way to convey. You can get multiple perspectives from reading manga or novels. Not just one. You are too lazy to learn anything.
> Beatrice
> Ignored
She who cries out for her mommy every day is interesting to you. Like I said, you either learn some moon, or wait. Like the rest of us.
> Ram
QUEERCLOWNDICK
> Rem
Well excuse me if I can't understand characters that revolve around self-worth and redemption. Oh wait, that's just you.
>>
>>146205335
Emilia has too little screen time.
>>
>>146206421
Fucking THIS
Hell, give it the structure of Zero Time Dilemma with the fragments (but tweaked to still follow Subaru's lack of memory loss)
>>
>>146220896
We're not talking about the light novels. Anime is handling world building extremely poorly, especially since first three episodes had more world building than the last 10. And that's without latter info dumping.

>They only care about the covenant
And Putin only cares about power. Yet he still has to maintain an image. Your argument is shit.
>>
>>146220727
Emilia ruined the episode by not appearing.

EMT!
EMT!
EMT!
>>
>>146220241
Is that really the goal or do people just see it that way? It's hilariously hypocritical to shit talk the fanbase and pander right to them.
>>
fuck emilia
>>
>>146221118
only after i gently walk her home
>>
>>146206421
The first time?
Every anime would be better as a VN. You could choose which girl wins
>>
>>146212205
>Why do people worship Wilhelm so much? Literally all he's done is say "muh waifu"
This.
His character is ridiculous at best.
>>
>>146215365
This is spot on
>>
Half the time I like shit that /a/ hates. I'm waiting for this series to end before picking it up, though, because I hate waiting.
>>
>>146220896
Which South American country are you from?
>>
>>146221349
I liked his backstory and how he won his wife's heart through sheer hard work and power of will. Old man Wilhelm is a bit of a grumpy bitch.
>>
>>146212205
>>146221349
It's because people are easily impressed by sakura petal wind rush scenes so they think OMG SO DEEP
>>
why doesnt rem change clothes
surely there must be more flexible fighting clothes
>>
>>146220466
>>146220368
HOLD IT. Subaru revolves around views of others. When people think of him as lowly, he feels lowly (episode 7). When he feels acknowledged, he feels like he matters (episode 7 when remembering hand-holding). When people expect nothing from him, he feels like he's nothing (episode 18). When people see him as a hero, he will be a hero (Rem in episode 18). Subaru started off as a guy who thinks he can be somebody in the new world and got his self-worth from the first girl he met, Emilia. She helped him and so on, and felt like he has a purpose from her which leads him to put her on a pedestal above other and will care more about her than other people (episode 14 and 15). But really, Subaru desires to be someone from the very beginning. But he gains that from others. During the mansion arc, he went about the day all cheerful which seemed weird to you guys. But you should have noticed that he masked his true emotions (episode 5, worried look before Rem killed him while he the curse was active). He was actually paying attention to many different things and retracing steps if you had not noticed. But his mask broke depending on how people see him. Essentially, Subaru gains self-worth from others. He desires that and that leads to him being self-centered, in over his head, and reckless. And depending on how people see him, he cannot maintain his focus and lose his emotions. Remember episode 2 if you want to know he hides his emotions.
>>
>>146221514
Because she was made strictly to bait waifufags into thinking the show is good.
>>
>>146221536
hopefully they all kill themselves when rem goes into a coma
>>
>>146220994
There is no image to maintain after what happened with the royal family. The people only panicked along with the council over how the covenant will be kept. How they held no regard for human beings nonetheless, care about image? That they rely too much on the dragon to care about anything? But essentially the dragon acts as protection and blessings upon Lugnica among all else, and you think they would care? No matter how much image you like to maintain, the moment you run out of water or bread, image will run dry like the water. They relied on it too long.
>>
>>146221514
Because it is Subaru's fetish.
>>
>>146221118
NO, SHE IS TO REMAIN PURE UNTIL MARRIAGE!
>>
>>146221536
>>146221642
Remfags constantly ruin these threads with their whining. I'd like to say it will be different if the show gets a season 2 since Rem won't be in it, but I'm sure they'll find an excuse to shit up the threads.
>>
Wait if Rem is dead in the anime why is the show still popular
>>
>>146221685
Two problems:
It's neither stated nor implied thru good direction that this is the case.
It's still fucking retarded and that's not how society works. Especially considering how the rest of life is portrayed to be.
>>
>>146221460
>I liked his backstory
>literally just a girls who keeps asking "HURR do you like flowers?" like a retard
>>
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-08-19/subaru-natsuki-the-best-and-worst-thing-about-re-zero/.105556

>deconstruction of LN adaptation
>>
>>146221854
More about the part where he promised he would force he to retire her sword, and then proceeded to git gud to the point where his own natural honed skill surpassed a super OP god blessing.
>>
>>146221880
>ANN
>>
>>146221786
>>146221786
Subaru was reading one of the books back in the mansion that the dragon was said to have part in sealing Satella, you saw the book. Also, you should have figured out of how people are chosen by an insignia and people are following what a rock tells them to do. Pretty sure that is self-explanatory. Also, the anime is one perspective like I said. And the anime left out a very important detail regarding someone who was summoned there as well and not just Subaru. Also, the LN and manga did a better portrayal than the anime of the candidates and they had better incentives as to why you should vote for them, in a way depending on your perspective.
>>
>>146221786
Society would not care for shit as long as they can keep living. And they are living on the dragon arguably. And that is why Crusche wants to remove the covenant. Because people rely too much on it. Reasons for it was stated earlier. You'd rather be able to live than care about how you look.
>>
>>146205335
Cringe writing, edgy, bad animation, panders to the lowest common denominator
>>
File: Wilhelm Trias.jpg (111KB, 600x847px) Image search: [Google]
Wilhelm Trias.jpg
111KB, 600x847px
>>146221854
>>146221944
>>146221509
>>146221349
>>146212205
Wilhelm will essentially become a mentor and a man that Subaru will respect most in this world. Someone Subaru strives to be like (dignified). The circumstances regarding his past is very interesting as it plays into the war regarding the demihumans (he is the protagonist). There were many events that changed his life:
> Wielding a sword
> Killing
> Bloodthirst
> Name held in negative regard
> The events of the war
> Meeting Thearesia
From meeting her, his own actions as well as his own manner began to change as well as his ideals for wielding a sword. It can be considered a decent hero's journey (debatable on the start of the hero) in its own right.
>>
>>146221721
All we're gonna get are images of three bottom feeders when they mention her. I'm curious as to how they will look along with Regulus if they decide to show it.
>>
Re:Zero failed the 3 episode test so in to the trash it goes.
>inb4 but it gets better around episode 18
Nigger I ain't watching 15 more episodes of diarrhea only to get to a chunk of solid shit.
>>
>Next Victim Girls is Ram and Rem
Oh boy oh boy oh boy.

I can practically smell the NTR and degradation.
>>
>>146222636
>>inb4 but it gets better around episode 18
But it doesn't.

It's still trash.
>>
>>146222651
sauce
>>
>>146205335
> What exactly is wrong with Re:Zero?

He has the best girl right next to him and he goes for someone who doesn't even like him.
>>
>>146205335
Subaru.
>>
File: Betel-san.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Betel-san.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>146222670
>>146222636
>>146222465
>>
So is Otto a secret assassin like Elsa and that little girl in the village?
>>
>>146222788
Hell no, also, Meilli was intending to kill everyone under orders from someone else that we most likely don't know yet.
>>
Awful pacing. All that loli mansion bullshit could have easily been 2 or 3 episodes
>>
>>146222689
If he actually chose Rem that would be one of the only things that could push this series further into the dumpster. Having him fall for a perfect nice girl bait character would be cliche as fuck.
>>
Nothing really, the writing is decent enough and the characters are fleshed out enough. Though the fanbase is on the same tier as SAO's and the whole Subaru/Rem thing is prone to shitposting. Also Subaru is a really strange character in general.
>>
>>146222676
https://twitter.com/Victim_Girls/status/768686667192344576
>>
File: Disco.png (120KB, 300x630px) Image search: [Google]
Disco.png
120KB, 300x630px
>>146222946
You should have long since knew that if I guy does shit like this in public unless he's in some disco ring, he is desperately craving for attention and asking for trouble.
>>
>>146223083
As someone who has never seen thsi show, that image gives me flashbacks of "Dark Peter" from Spiderman 3.

That is never a good thing.
>>
>>146205335
The fact that Rem won't win
>>
>>146216881
What is this?
Explain moar please
>>
>>146223493
Let's say you are in the belly of the belly of the whale? That means it consumed your memories, your likes and dislikes, talents, desires.
>>
>>146220896
>Emilia
Irrelevant
>Rem
Needs some self esteem
>>
Nothing. What is wrong with you?
>>
>>146223595
I mean the guy called Ley
>>
>>146223121
The dark peter scene is unnecessarily shat on. It was meant to be cringy, that's how a nerd like Peter thinks is being cool and he was clearly being manipulated by the dark alien.
>>
>>146223648
That's who I meant. Batenkaitos is another way of saying "Belly of the sea monster".
>>
>>146205335
The problems start when they try to create tension in a world where you have a respawn button to redo shit if you fuck up
>>
>>146221525
You sound like one of those fate/fags who defend Shirou for being a deep MC.
>>
>>146215996
>Which is pretty close to anime-tier
Newfags go >>>/out/
>>
>>146223717
There is no respawn button. It is what you can do with your own life. You should not devalue your life and others like that, anon. Start living and valuing your life a little more. You know what I'm getting at here?
>>
>>146221525
You can feel the desperation in this post
>>
>>146223741
Who the fuck is Shirou? I never bothered with fate so I don't know.
>>
>>146223776
>>146223741
The only desperation is the ad hominem you are making.
>>
>>146208554
>episode 18 was only good if you were a remfag
Episode 18 is what made a lot of remfags drop the show
>>
>>146205335
The whale arc is too long. Or, more precisely, the whale got more screentime than the actual villain (who's a lot more entertaining) despite being a mere obstacle.
>>
>>146215365
A lot of the world building is in arc 4 I believe, which works fine when you're waiting for the WN every few weeks but sucks if you're anime only and can't be sure S2 will ever come.
>>
Who is this Emilia people keep mentioning?
>>
>>146218389
As a Remfag I'd be more than happy if she stopped running after a faggot like Subaru. He is really shit-tier.
>>
the mc is so fucking anoyying
>>
>>146218389
The thing with Rem is, there isn't going to be a someone later on for her. She's probably going to be hung up on Subaru for the rest of her life from what we can see of her personality and self esteem.
>>
>>146223061
>>146222651
>>146222676

Ow fuck
>>
>>146205335
1. Girl with most screentime just lusts for subarus dick
2. Rem NTR
3. And then she dies <-dont read
That's all I can think of, am I missing anything?
>>
>>146205335
Muslim shit propaganda to be allowed for more than one wife
>>
>>146215637
Mob Psycho 100 shit on it in term of animation, characters and plot
>>
>>146228234
Mob Psycho is a standout. If you exclude that, this current season is kinda meh

Also macross but that's been less than stellar
>>
>>146221880
tl;dr
>>
>>146228314
ANN in denial about the show being shameless otaku pandering.
>>
>>146228477
Well it's their sacred cow.
Thread posts: 199
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.