[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One Piece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: CqXIpCLVYAAupZ9.jpg (132KB, 1199x675px) Image search: [Google]
CqXIpCLVYAAupZ9.jpg
132KB, 1199x675px
So I am watching one piece for the first time and now I am on episode 560 (fishman island arc).

There is something I have noticed though, after the timeskip, everything in the show seems... shit.

The animation quality seems abysmal, episode structure is crap and dont even start me on the dialogue, its as if written by a brain dead child.

Is is just me or does anyone else feel that way?
>>
And also, every charachter seems to have boiled down to some sort of cliche, every dimention of their personality is gone, its like they are programmed to only feel one emotion.

Feels weird.
>>
Yeah just switch to the manga at this point
>>
Read the manga from start to finish
>>
>>146190187
>Is is just me or does anyone else feel that way?
You are only just now seeing how awful the anime is 560 episodes in? Your standards must be quite low.

Drop it and read the manga. It gets much much worse.
>>
>>146190725
>>146190682

So is it not just me? Other people noticed too?
>>
I never understood the appeal of One Piece
>>
>>146190187

Toei has really taken a dive in quality. I still watch it but I have to marathon the anime. I no longer keep up with it on a weekly basis. That said, I still love it even with all its many faults.

My advice is to read the manga after you caught up and then let the anime pile up about 20 episodes + before picking it up again. If it's too unbearable just drop the anime and pick up the manga.

Also, I recommend watching some of the movies. Movie 6, Strong World and Film Z are pretty great; especially movie 6. Haven't watched Gold yet but it looks good.
>>
>>146191739

For me it is one of the best adventure manga out there and I really like the banter between the characters. I'm not one of those people that One Piece grew on them after a while, I always like it though.

inb4 shit taste and all that.
>>
>>146191739
Exponential rise in scale over the course of the story. It literally starts with just a guy in a tiny boat.
>>
I recently dropped the manga too. Looking back 8 years i would have never thought that i would drop One Piece, but it just follows the same old cliches and Luffy finds big bad everyone is assigned their arc rivals and its just a big messy predictable shitfest. As for the anime i stopped watching after the war. Never watch anything made by Toei
>>
>>146191847

Does the same studio make it afetr the time skip as before the skip?

It seems that the anime is made by the chinese now
>>
>>146190187
yes it gets worse the second half i dropped the anime 2 tears ago . don't know about the manga
>>
>>146190187
Yeah post timeskip OP sucks in general.
>>
>>146191988
Technically he started in a barrel after his boat got wrecked
>>
>>146191907
>For me it is one of the best adventure manga out there
You really need to watch/read more anime/manga
>>
>>146191552
of course its not just you mate, the quality took a huge drop, and the fuckers make like 2 episodes out of 1 manga chapter, and by doing so the compeltely destroy the pase by adding boring shit and making fights way longer than they should
>>
>>146192790
Toei knows that after 500 episodes, people are too invested in the series to drop it no matter how terrible it gets.

It's pretty fucking sad since the manga is still in a great shape.
>>
>>146190187
Welcome to Toei nowadays. I can understand adapting a series for so long with so many directors coming and going can be challenging but One Piece is still a beloved, massive series that is getting a really bare minimum kind of adaption with glacial pacing.
>>
Does one piece even have a story anymore or is it all "muh random island of the week" or something?
>>
>>146194195
Oda recently added "road poneglyphs" to the story, four of which exist and are needed to get to Raftel.
Of course, two Yonkou each own one of these, so these two plot points can be tied together.
>>
>>146194195
One Piece has to have one of the most clear goals and routes in any battle shounen series out there

I mean, from the VERY beginning it's been a journey you can track from place to place with clear progress.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.