[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One piece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: ace.jpg (7KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
ace.jpg
7KB, 299x169px
Did you cry?
>>
>>146181982
yes
>>
File: yey.png (7KB, 46x46px) Image search: [Google]
yey.png
7KB, 46x46px
>>146181982
No, shitty anime.
>>
>>146181982
Yes, a lot.
>>
>>146181982
I came a little. But then I felt dirty. Double win.
>>
>>146181982
The heavily exaggerated face took me out of the scene a bit honestly though it was still sad
>>
Then good, im not alone. This is the only one part of an anime, where i cried a little
>>
No.
Things like Brook's episode are able to make you cry if you already know the backstory and see the critical part, but One Piece is impossible to cry at.

It's just too padded.
The manga lacks music and sound, which makes it harder to get the same impact you'd get from an anime, but the anime never makes good use of it.
Moments that in the manga at least hit you for their suddenness or the impact of the moment are destroyed in the anime, a single panel stretched out over 10 minutes of flashbacks, low quality heartstring-pulling music, camera pans over side characters, and whatever other budget-saving trick you can think of.

Any time the OP anime gets an 'emotional' moment it's simply impossible to get an emotional response. You're just too busy going "God fucking damnit, I wonder how they'll fuck it up this time"

But what do you expect? It's Toei.
>>
>>146182174
watch the episode of chopper are try not to cry the entire time
>>
>>146181982
No.
>>
File: Whitebeard05.jpg (99KB, 513x377px) Image search: [Google]
Whitebeard05.jpg
99KB, 513x377px
>>146181982
No. I probably would have if Ace hadn't stopped running and turned around when Akainu started talking shit about Whitebeard. Fuck that kid, Ace threw away everyone's sacrifices when he got killed.
>>
Yes
A lot of things in One Piece make me cry everytime i watch/read theem
>>
>>146181982
I'm not usually the kind of asshole to say i'm not affected emotionally by things in media but this scene was so fucking stupid I can't believe it affected people the way the author intended.

Why the fuck am I supposed to give a fuck about Ace again? Because of the sudden insertion of backstory he got with Oars right before he dies? Because Luffy cares for him so much suddenly when all he ever shows he's interested in being pirate king? This scene was so forced it hurts.
>>
The only part which left my eyes watery as Sanji + Zeff, when they parted. Also Chopper + Hiruluk.
>>
>>146181982
no, compared to Chopper this looks like amateur cliche shit
>>
No, I had months of expecting Ace's death
>>
>>146181982
no, the fucker could have left instead of falling for akainu's bait tactics.
>>
I was sadder when the boat "died."
>>
Brook's flashback turned me into a faucet desu
He doesn't get enough love by fans or Oda
>>
>>146181982
Didn't see it coming, but no
>>
>>146181982
No, but it did surprise me since, up to that point, all of the major deaths had been in flashbacks.
>>
>>146181982
No. The boat made me cry though.
>>
File: 1472031722083.jpg (98KB, 736x645px) Image search: [Google]
1472031722083.jpg
98KB, 736x645px
>>146181982
>>
>>146181982
No
Is just a background character for fuck sake
>>
I was making effort in still watching the anime after Ennies Lobby.
But Marineford really was the last nail in the coffin for me.
It was plain unbearable to watch.
In the manga its literally the most intense (I didnt say the best) arc with this huge battle royale of big shots.
But Toei managed to make it slow paced as ever, with horrible animation.
And the worst of all that legit turned me crazy was Luffy yelling EEEE-SUUUUUUUUUU in background during 30 fucking episodes non stop.

ESUUUUUUUU
ESUUUUUUUUU
ESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I was happy when this fucker died and finally gave up on this joke of an anime.
>>
File: nolandleaves.jpg (280KB, 1037x750px) Image search: [Google]
nolandleaves.jpg
280KB, 1037x750px
>>146181982
No
Only parts I've cried to in One Piece are Merry's Funeral and Brook's flashback
and this, was I the only one?
>>
>Grown men crying over a comic

Oda you crafty bastard
>>
>>146181982
>>146182063
>>146184919
Why the fuck is the art of the so called """"best selling""""" manga is so bad, god fucking dammit. One would think if the author has that much money he would have learn more drawing, at least to become Prison School level.
>>
>>146181982
Nah, Dr. Hiluluk made me cry like a little bitch.
>>
>>146184583
the problem is he's a goddamn musical skeleton, and yet he mostly comes off as a half-way version of other crew members.

he's a swordsman, but zoro is THE swordsman. He's a pervert, but sanji has that covered too. He's supposed to be strong, but after those 2 and luffy, he's also behind franky. they often wind up putting him with the coward/weak trio of ussop, nami, and chopper, but he REALLY doesn't fit with them either.

but yes, his backstory truly was sad. Somehow found it more emotional than several other backstories in the show even though his suffering was mostly just being lonely or losing friends while they lost family, were basically slaves, or struggled just to survive.
>>
>>146185001
The part about Calgara fighting to hold on to his homeland and the great golden bell that would signal his friend Norland really got to me on my second or third rereading.
>>
>>146181982
regardless of if you liked the scene i felt like the VA did a fantastic job of the screaming
>>
>>146181982
The boat's funeral was more emotional by magnitudes. It had the perfect set up, the perfect music, the perfect voice acting, everything. In contrast Ace's death was drawn out and had shit BGM.
>>
No. I was angry.
>>
>>146185298
Yeah, you try to pump out 20 pages of a Prison School quality action manga a week for 10 years
>>
>>146185001
nope, you were not
>>
>>146181982
No, I couldn't stop laughing. The stupid look on his face was hilarious. On top of all the bad voice acting in the anime.

10/10 unintentional comedy.
>>
>>146185001
You cried about a fucking boat?
Jesus thats pathetic because they literally get a new one thats 100x better than before
>>
No, I facepalmed because of how fucking stupid
>Lava>Fire!
was. Truly when OP began its steady downhill ride.
>>
File: BestBro.gif (332KB, 307x230px) Image search: [Google]
BestBro.gif
332KB, 307x230px
>>146185001
Hiluluk's passing made me shed a tear or two as well. But no, you're not alone with those scenes either
>>
File: One Piece v44-225.jpg (2MB, 2037x3056px) Image search: [Google]
One Piece v44-225.jpg
2MB, 2037x3056px
I blubbered like a bitch
>>
No

The first thing I ever saw of OP (besides random episodes of alabasta 4kids as a kid) was strong world so I already knew all the crew members. Then I started watching the anime. I forgot how but I knew Ace dies from the start.

Still enjoyed the hell out of it despite knowing so many details.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.