[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These two. These two were the faces of western anime fandom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

These two.

These two were the faces of western anime fandom for years. Any anime fansite you visited would feature Naruto and Bleach on their banner, any anime club would have Naruto and Bleach posters plastered on their walls, any convention would have people dress up as Naruto or Bleach characters, stores that sell anime merchandises and manga would highlight Naruto and Bleach and have the merch for respective series always in stock, any anime forum that has Naruto and Bleach sub boards would have those boards be the most active.

Almost everyone talked about them during those years. These two were THE icons of anime in the west since early 2000s until late 2000s/early 2010s. You can even say that they still are. These two were the gateway anime to a lot, and I mean A LOT of people.

How do you feel now that both series have now officially ended? How do you think anime community will shape up now that Naruto and Bleach are no more?
>>
There's still Luffy
>>
>>146174683
after the butchered dub I don't think the West cares for Mr.Fantastic
>>
>>146174617
>How do you feel now that both series have now officially ended?
Well problem is both ended like shit.

Bleach was a mess for years but Naruto literally went from awesome into a complete shit trainwreck. It should had ended 5 years prior.
>>
>>146174617

I'm glad it's over.
>>
Your waifu is shit.
>>
Where can I download Viz scans of Bleach? Was reading it on kissmanga but immediately after the end of SS arc, the quality of the scans drop.
>>
>>146174878
>both ended like shit
>both

Naruto's ending was good.
>>
the anime community is too big now to be completely effected by the end of bleach and naruto. Shounenfags still have Fairy Tale, One Piece, Toriko, Hitman Reborn, Hunter X Hunter, the ineviatable new season of one punch man, etc etc. They'll find something new to cling onto.
>>
>>146175140
>Toriko
That's in its final battle.

>Hitman Reborn
That ended years ago.
>>
>>146174617
>you lived long enough to see weeaboos eradicated
Our God is a kind God
>>
Reminder that you lived to see Naruto become Hokage.
>>
>>146175140
>One Punch Man
>shounen
I will fucking kill you.
>>
>>146174878
>Bleach was a mess for years but Naruto literally went from awesome into a complete shit trainwreck

Bleach was good until Hueco Mundo
Naruto was good until the Pain invasion

Both had a lot of garbage chapters
>>
>>146175851
>getting this worked up over a fucking meme
>>
>>146175851
How is One Punch Man not a Shounen? Sure, it is almost a parody of the genre but I would say it still fits in it. Kinda like kill la kill
>>
>>146176217
It's serialized in a seinen magazine.
>>
>>146175999
implying the entire show is a meme?
>>
>>146176267
So it's in the rare battle seinen genre?
>>
File: chocoball.png (189KB, 446x348px) Image search: [Google]
chocoball.png
189KB, 446x348px
>>146176267
>Grown up shounen for grownups like me
>>
File: Luffy.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Luffy.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
>How do you think anime community will shape up now that Naruto and Bleach are no more?

There gonna start clinging to One Piece since it's the only big 3 anime still going. If Boruto gets massively popular it'll replace Naruto's spot. Regardless I for one welcome our new rubber overlord with his never ending series
>>
>>146176994
Never went mainstream, they'll just go back to the latest DBZ reincarnation
>>
>>146177069
but Super is only guaranteed 100 episodes. Plus with toriyama pissed at Viz for doing a shitty job animating it I don't expect it to past it's scheduled 100 episodes unless they pull a GT.
>>
>>146174617
I grew up watching Naruto and DBZ. I genuinely enjoyed them but stopped watching it for a number of years. I watched Bleach a few times but never really stuck with it. I liked One Piece and Bo bobo bo bo bobo. Toonami was the shit back then.

When I heard that Naruto ended, I knew I had to watch the ending to know that Naruto achieved what he worked so hard for. I don't care that people hate it, Naruto set an excellent example of what working hard can get people. And for that, Naruto at least deserves a modicum of respect.
>>
>>146174617
I hope normies kill themselves.
>>
Bleach's ending felt too quick. There was no closure at all. Same thing is happening to Toriko - the author's pacing hit mach 12 as of recently.

Are they both being forced to finish within a certain time frame?
>>
>ITT: Typical anime elitists: the board
>>
>>146174617
I never understood attempts of sentimentality like this, who the fuck cares? They still happened and it's not like their latest arcs were groundbreaking, only their beginnings were. Naruto and Bleach died a long, long time ago with the advent of the 2010s.
>>
>>146177760
>>146177774
>normies
Fuck off.
>>
File: 1380425462667.jpg (49KB, 300x345px) Image search: [Google]
1380425462667.jpg
49KB, 300x345px
>>146174617
I really am glad I wasn't a budding anime fan during the time these two shows were popular.
>>
>>146174617
*american

nobody gives a shit about bleach in europe
>>
>>146174617
>How do you think anime community will shape up now that Naruto and Bleach are no more?
I was honestly under the impression they lost their status awhile ago, but I don't use fansites and I'm more aware of the Japanese side nowadays.
>>
What a dark age that was
>>
File: 00000000.jpg (35KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
00000000.jpg
35KB, 600x360px
>>146174617
I'm just mad I forgot about bleach again right around when it ended.
What was /a/ like?
>TFW I've never gone through a series with /a/, despite watching them at the same time
>>
>>146181525
It's just another way to idle away the time and you can probably guess what it was like

When many of the posters simply seem to want to be a part of a "happening" it feels lame
>>
>>146174617
>How do you feel now that both series have now officially ended?
Fucking good, both were utter pleb garbage that turned a once nerdy but cosy fandom into a festering shitpile of cringe and ayy so randumb weebs. The fandom may be beyond saving, but I'm glad these shitfests are at least over.
>>
>>146177430
>toriyama pissed at Viz
Nigger I think you mean Toei
>>
>>146175075
Please be bait
>>
>>146175893
The pain invasion is easily the best arc of shippuden
>>
>>146181525
The only series I'm upset I didn't watch with /a/ was samurai flamenco.

Oh and punchline.

I'm sure the threads for both were entertaining
>>
>>146176217
It's intended for young adults making it a seinen. Remember that seinen and shounen aren't genres but demographics
>>
>>146174617
Now you see SAO and SnK banner instead in anime forums and clubs
>>
>>146179383
ööööö, No. We do give a shit about Bleach... Ööööööööööööööööööööööö
>>
>>146174617
Naruto was good up until Pain invasion, then gave us a good ending

Bleach was good up until Aizen being defeated, then gave us progressively more and more cancer

Naruto is still the most post series outside of nip land (in terms of sales,) and it holds a special place in my heart. I remember as a 10 year old watching Naruto on Toonami and getting scared shitless by Gaara
>>
>>146174617
Cringe
>>
>>146174617
Good. Maybe the western audience will have to look into anime that's actually bearable to watch without truckloads of filler to deal with.
>>
>>146176272
Implying that it's not
>>
>>146174617
>Shonen
>I HAVE SHITTY FRIENDS THAT NEED MY PROTECTION
>*GETS POWER FROM FRIENDSHIP*
>*KILLS THE BAD GUY WHO DOESNT HAVE FRIENDS*
HAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>146177430
>uper is only guaranteed 100 episodes.
You mean we spend 1/3 of the series on shitty recaps and half for it to get actually good?
>>
>>146184863
>tfw all a villain needed was friends to win
>tfw MC kills villain by lording it over them that they have friends
A lot of us are potential villains, I guess. Too bad we won't have a MC to end our worthless, friendless existence when we finally snap.
>>
>>146175724
But will we live long enough to see Sarada become one?
>>
>>146176994

I can't see OP going mainstream since it hasn't ready really, so many other mangas have been taken up into the western mainstream except the best selling manga ever, partially due to its poorly executed anime and partly because its near 20 year backlog is so daunting to new readers.
>>
>>146175851
OPM is SHIT. SHIT. Worse than Naruto and Bleach. Deal with it faggot.
>>
>>146188055
This is either the lowest quality bait or the highest quality autism.
>>
It'll just change to Tokyo Ghoul, One Punch Man, and Boku no Hero.
>>
>>146179383
Normalfags don't give a shit you mean. Anyone who got past the very first layer of the entry level would know about it.
>>
>>146189063
I expect the latter.
>>
>hurr durr bleach and nardo never meant anything to anybody at any point in time and i was never a casual
Lots of revisionists in this thread
>>
>>146174878
>>146175893
Bleach ended on Fullbringer arc. Which was a great fucking arc.
Naruto just turned to shit with NS.
>>
>>146189198
Wow, someone that actually liked the Fullbring Arc. While I'm indifferent, I'm genuinely curious why you liked it, considering most people will shit on it out of the gate.
>>
File: 1450038316837.png (836KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450038316837.png
836KB, 848x480px
>>146189238
Highschool realism.
It actually ended and didn't drag on.
Timeskip.
Had a damn budget.
Great OP/EDs
>>
File: 1421583410.jpg (84KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
1421583410.jpg
84KB, 300x450px
I don't care what anyone says, Naruto was the best thing to come out of Japan since the N64. Kishi put out the best art in Shonen Jump history on a weekly basis and a better story than monthly mangaka authors. It was original, unpredictable until the end (as in, it became more predictable once people starting to hover), and inventive with its use of cultural idiosyncrasies. The only thing I didn't like about it was Killer Bee. The story went down any chapters that he was in.

My favorite arc was the Pain arc. The way it resolved Naruto's greatest plotline about love conquering over war, by demonstrating it, and subsequently the fruits of peace when Pain used his (plot-backed) Rikudo Rebirth jutsu to revive the village that he had just assaulted; which Naruto still remembers when Obito uses it and is why he doesn't try to stop Madara with Sasuke (that's what you call A-Grade detail). It all came together perfectly.

I especially like how it comes right after the Shikamaru Revenge and Sasuke-Itachi arcs, contrasting how Naruto is different from them (Kishi lets the story do the talking). I like that Naruto has consistent characterization versus Luffy/Ichigo/Goku/Yusuke. I like how their first mission took them to a country where ninjas don't exist because the waves offer natural protection. I like how Shikamaru's dad's death happens exactly 400 chapters from the game of Chess between Shikamaru and Asuma, when Asuma tells him that one day he'll know who the "King" is, which cuts to a tree in the forest of the eventual Karasu/Hidan showdown, foreshadowing that the Chakra Tree is also created in that chapter.

Art - 10/10
World-building - 10/10
Story - 9/10
Lore - 8/10
Pottery - 1000000000000/10

You couldn't out-write Kishi if you had a lifetime to do it. Believe it.

Not even trolling, because I know that the truth stings you ignorant babbies deeper than anything else I can say.
>>
>>146189349
>original
stopped reading there
>>
>>146174617

People like this existing is so sad.
>>
>>146189378
No, you really didn't.
>>
>>146189349
>tfw you will never see weebs wearing the headbands en mass at school
it's a bittersweet feeling
>>
>>146189349
>believe it
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>146189198
Idiot, It should have ended at Aizen arc with Ichigo losing his powers, that way I would have accepted if he ended up with Orihime considering he can't see Rukia anymore.
>>
>>146175075
Naruto was a complete ending but holy fuck it was bad. Each chapter was something else to make fun of.
>>
File: 1462061141841.png (897KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1462061141841.png
897KB, 848x480px
>>146189521
FB arc is exactly about that though.
>>
>>146189123
Tokyo Edgelord and OPM are both popular in the west, but how can Boku no Hero Academia even compare? If anything it's SnK.
>>
>>146189521
>I would have accepted if he ended up with Orihime considering he can't see Rukia anymore.
End your life.
All shipperfags are insufferable subhuman cancer.
>>
File: master baiter.jpg (86KB, 600x860px) Image search: [Google]
master baiter.jpg
86KB, 600x860px
>>146176217
>almost
>>
>>146189349
>since the N64
This pasta almost made me laugh.
It could use a touch up, though.
>>
For what I have see the animes that are popular with teenagers now are SnK, Tokyo Ghoul and OPM. Dragon Ball is still popular with kids specially with Super. One Piece is more poular with the older audience even in Japan, I have teachers, one of them is in sixties who proudly display their One Piece love with merchadise and shit.
>>
To be honest the fullbringer arc of bleach was really good. I like ginjo and tsukishima.

I liked everything about naruto except kaguya and the moment obito turned into a bitch for a girl that doesn't like him.
>>
I myself liked Naruto, but near the end I was still reading it mostly because I invested too much time in it to drop it.

War Arc is the arc that can be described as the arc of wasted potential. This should be Kishimoto's Magnum Opus, something that would give all the relevant side characters time of their own.

Instead, in a lot of cases it wasted potential of encounters of Edo Tensei zombies vs their relatives and close ones. And thus Neji's only showcasing in the manga was him being exhausted from his chakra so much that he had sight issues, instead of him facing his father, thus allowing to make his death feel meaningful, for Neji would be a character with closure, something that was denied to him.

At least I don't regret that I promised a friend to catch up to One Piece 2 years ago, when I had to read everything from chapter 1 to somewhere during either Punk Hazard or Dressrosa within 13 days.
>>
Bump :)
>>
>>146176994
>>146174683
still the best shonen
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.