[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boku dake ga Inai Machi Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 15

Let's all agree that this was one of the worst things ever.
>>
This would have been the worst anime of the year before RE: Zero came along.
>>
nah brah it was pretty good. Ending was shit though
>>
>>146162115
It was great for like 2 episodes then it all went to shit.
>>
>>146162115
I enjoyed some of the early episodes but i completely forgot it existed until this thread.
>>
Gave me a shota x older male yandere fetish desu.
>>
File: latest.png (641KB, 1180x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
641KB, 1180x1080px
Best girl.
>stuck with him through the entire damn coma

Should have been mom incest end. Kayo a shit and Airi barely mattered at all. It honestly would have made more sense with mom end considering she was the catalyst for going that far back in time.
>>
>>146162151
Re:Zero is bad but it's nowhere near as bad as ERASED was. Arc 2 wasn't shit,
>>146162175
>>146162205
it was shit from episode 1 and if you disagree, you're wrong.
>>
>>146162115
First half was enjoyable. Then it fell apart and that damn ending was so stupid.
>>
>>146162151
>re:zero
I dropped that after 13 eps waiting for it to get good. Why is it so popular?
>>
The TOWN

where

EVERYONE

GOT KEKED
>>
>>146162343
masterpiece of the decade, basically
>>
>>146162115
Started good, became bad midway through. Overall very mediocre.

Gets hated on a lot because it's popular
>>
File: frodo[1].jpg (43KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
frodo[1].jpg
43KB, 600x599px
Why didn't he just go back in time and un cuck himself?
>>
>>146162258
This. And people forget MC's main motivation was to save his mom. He never cared about the girl romantically.
>>
Episodes 1 - 9 were good the last 3 were awful.
>>
>murder mystery
>murder isn't a mystery
Brilliant.
>>
Man, Boku Dake started out strong but really squandered its potential as it went on. There was so much stuff that went unexplained for the worse.
>>
>>146162441
Because no one, including the shitty writer, knows how the time travel works.
>>
It was so fucking good and then you realized "oh, the writer doesn't have a plan for where this is actually going to go."

The cute childhood romance was fucking great. If that was the story's focus then the whole thing could have been wonderful. But instead, nope, just a bunch of half-baked ideas that go nowhere.

I hope /a/ was paying attention because they like to throw around the concept of "bad writing" a lot, but this really was an anime that entirely failed because it was badly written. All the other aspects of production were great and A-1 did a good job with what they had to work with. I just think they should have taken the next logical step and made an anime original ending.
>>
>>146162585
Don't forget the culprit being obvious from the start, and the absolutely laughably bad pacing.
>>
>>146162482
You almost perfectly summed that series up.

>murder mystery
>murder isn't a mystery
>but the cuckoldry is
Truly Brilliant.
>>
>>146162343
Same reason shit like Elfen Lied is popular
>>
File: tO8WJj2.png (851KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tO8WJj2.png
851KB, 1920x1080px
>>146162585
>other aspects of production were great
Red eyez means bad gaiz
>>
File: latest.png (396KB, 810x813px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
396KB, 810x813px
>take the time to make this little faggot act like a little faggot
>that scene between him and Satoru walking in the snow
>fucks a girl
I refuse to believe
>>
>>146162115
Shoujo-tachi aired the same season
>>
>>146162451
> And people forget MC's main motivation was to save his mom

And so did the writer
>>
First four eps were the best thing since Shinsekai Yori but the ending of both the manga and anime were bullshit. I swear to God the Japanese have no idea how to end a series.
>>
It was one of the best things ever actually. I've only enjoyed this and Rakugo since 2016 started. Everything else was shit.
>>
>>146162719
Sure, what's wrong with that?

The art direction, the character designs, and the soundtrack were all great. Which isn't surprising since they had top talent in each of those roles.
>>
>>146162115
I was so fucking excited after seeing the first episode that I ignored how bad the next three were until it just got too shitty.
>>
>>146162115
Okay, the ending was pure shit. The rest was alright.
Also
>worst things ever
No, that would be mayoiga.
>>
>>146162780
The problem is that it's very easy to make a story with an intriguing mystery, but if there's no satisfying payoff for that mystery, then it's going to fail in the end. See for instance everything written by Mari Okada.
>>
>>146162585

I kind of agree with this. It started out nicely, but after a while it just cracked down under it's own weight or something.
>>
>>146162719
I don't like using the term 'forced drama', but that's the only way I can describe that abusive mother and her role in the story.
>>
File: 1471849962604.jpg (29KB, 280x310px) Image search: [Google]
1471849962604.jpg
29KB, 280x310px
>>146162875
>mfw they try to force sympathy for the mother right at the end of save kayo arc
>>
>>146162843
this

I can't hate it because at least it tried. it could have just removed a bunch of stuff and became more basic and harder to fail at but instead it tried and failed. I still cannot believe the coma and everything after.
>>
>>146162115
I want to marry Sensei
>>
>>146162585
Agreed

I would still recommend it for the childhood parts alone, were very done well, some beautifully animated.
>>
File: 1470253225908.png (140KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470253225908.png
140KB, 640x480px
>>146162115
Are you fucking serious right now? I really enjoyed the show. Kill yourself you tasteless faggot. I bet you enjoyed lucky star and calls nichijou the best anime created. Fuck off to reddit, or to wherever shithole you crawled out form.
>>
>>146162115
It was amazing and the ending was beautiful. Some self-inserted idiots won't never understand.
>>
>>146163227
>he says posting frog meme
>>
>>146162115

The town where typical A-1 Teen Melodrama plays out to the cheers of MAL
>>
>>146162735
That didn't happen in the manga.
>>
It was a pretty good show actually. I think most people get hung up on the mystery or suspense aspect and feel dissatisfied at the end of the show but that's not how you're supposed to watch it.

According to the director, it's first and foremost a human drama that utilizes elements of suspense thrillers and mysteries while not completely embracing those genres.
>>
>satoru beats teacher by knocking him off a bridge into the water
Anticlimactic as fuck.
>>
>>146163227
Fucking frogposter
>>
>>146163227
Fuck off nigger. Go back to MAL.
>>
This show gave me a comfy feeling, maybe nostalgia, plus I love snow, I also had legit child hood friends, like real ones
I'm going to die alone.
The ending was kinda bad,but the middle school/small town feeling made it good for me overall
Wish I could go back and mold myself into Chad Thundercock
>>
>>146162115
>first erased
>now re:zero

Okay real talk.

Why the fuck does Japan love NTR so much?
>>
File: Kenya_Kobayashi.png (640KB, 882x816px) Image search: [Google]
Kenya_Kobayashi.png
640KB, 882x816px
>>146163361
Human drama requires humans
>>
If the loli waited for the MC, would you call it a masterpiece? Be honest now.
>>
>>146163259
The trick is choosing the right character to self-insert to.
>>
>>146164037
You are still a obnoxious shitposter though.
>>
>>146164037
>It's just you newfags
Consider suicide.
>>
>>146163361
regardless of genre
>story focuses on saving the kids+mom
>mc doesn't even think of his mom
>story focus changes to abuse of the first victim for most of the 12 episodes
>the main point of most of the anime (kayo's mom's abuse) explained sloppily in a minute of kayo's grandma coming out of nowhere
>no mystery even in the slightest as to who the killer is despite it making it try to sound like it's a mystery who it might be (mother dies for this mystery in ep1 for instance)
>mc deciding to spill his guts to the teacher about anything and everything despite the fact he's on a mission to save people and any info could leak
>despite the fact he found all the candy in his car (to which he thought nothing of it)
>doesn't see misato leave the bathroom, but goes with the teacher anyway
>the big reason for the killer to do it all is simply because he's a sociopath
>a sociopath that apparently can teach gradeschool children with no one suspecting anything
>kenya is smarter than the mc despite being 17 years younger
>mc starts off as an aloof 29 yo, but after the first episode acts like a child
>claims he needs a fake personality to make friends, but his 29 yo self has no friends and is aloof
>10 yo kayo sees through his fake personality somehow
>>146163971
yes, but not because of ntr or pairing, but because the childhood romance could have been a central theme to a story sorely lacking in one they could have played on.
>>
>>146163454
Actually Satoru's intent was to save Sensei from suicide.
>>
>>146164037
Why the fuck would board culture conservation appeal to crossboarders?

Self moderation is all about making sure that you frogposting, underage crossboarders don't feel comfortable here.
>>
>watch it as it was airing
>literally rated best anime on MAL
>forget about it after it finished
>check MAL today
>top reviews rate it 3-5
keep it up /a/
>>
>>146164659
Even MALplebs were able to see how shit the ending was.
>>
>>146162115
I enjoyed it. Good seasonal show.
>>
>>146162115
overall it was ok but ending sucked both in anime and manga (I do mean the actual resolution of the conflict with the antagonist and not "NTR")
>>
>>146164811
>I really don't get that kind of respond though
Of course you don't, you're the kind of guy that was supposed to be kept out by it.

Back when you people weren't the majority, self-moderation actually worked.

If you make a shitty post that in no way belongs on the board, you will be told to fuck off and/or kill yourself.
That's how it works, and how it has worked for many years.

At least try to lurk for a bit before posting.
/a/ is not like whatever awful board you came from.
>>
>>146162585
>can't handle that the MC did good without wanting a relationship from the girl/s

Sounds about right for the basement dwelling forever alone faggots of /a/.

Luckily, it's not just you sad sacks of shit here.

This was a good series.
Fuck you.
And fuck your lazy parents for letting you be such a shit person.
>>
>>146165071
>being personally hurt and lashing out because someone criticized your favorite cartoon
Loving every laugh.
>>
>>146164811
Just fuck off. Stop replying.
>>
>>146165071
This is too good to be real.
>>
>>146162175
/thread
>>
>>146164269
>no mystery even in the slightest
I did not suspect a thing till they started calling him their personal buda.
>story focus changes
yep but kayo's cuteness is what carries the show
>despite the fact he found all the candy in his car
is not not possible for him to just be trying to stop smoking cigs?
>kenya is smarter
what makes you say that?
>a sociopath that apparently
true. that is strange but the show shits on all rules of evidence and tons of other shit including how comas work.
>mc starts off as an aloof 29 yo, but after the first episode acts like a child
He was a deadbeat and its a good way to get away from all the steers. its not like he asked his mom to bathe him
>claims he needs a fake personality to make friends, but his 29 yo self has no friends and is aloof
What about teen pussy?
>10 yo kayo sees through his fake personality somehow
They are going with the logic that abuse makes her good at noticing it since her mom puts on an act in public. stranger thing is how did the other skater know that MC was not giving his all?
>>
>>146165173
holy shit you really seem rustled by this guy

take your internet posting career less seriously
>>
>>146162460
yuuuuup
>>
>>146165287
>I did not suspect a thing
Did you also believe that Araragi took crab for a gentle walk?
>>
File: En Tee Ar.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
En Tee Ar.webm
3MB, 960x540px
Reposting.
>>
>watch one of the episodes high
>think it's brilliant
>go on /a/
>everyone thinks it's shit
Is this proof that you need to be under the influence to think the show is good?
>>
>>146162528
>go back in time whenever something bad happens with the ability to stop it
>hurr lets just break that like 3 times in the series just to ruin everything
>>
>>146165482
>been here longer than the majority of you fucks
>It's normally the crossboarders
Both are baseless assumptions, which are lent absolutely no credibility simply due to the fact that you made them.

If you had been actively posting for more than a week, you would realize that posting frogs like an underage /r9k/ baby is going to make this happen.

A few years ago you would have been absolutely shit on by a dozen people, but you are the majority now.

If you think others are trying too hard to fit in, perhaps you should try just a tiny little bit yourself.
Lurk for 2 years before posting.
>>
>>146165624
Why the fuck do you have four stars next to your name?
>>
>>146162780
yeah both the anime and manga went to absolute shit after hinazuki died the first rerun. second loop was absolute pandering garbage
>>
>>146165714
4chan gold account.
>>
>>146165714
>>146165745
>not upgrading to Platinum
How fucking poor are you?
I get to meet up with Hiro and teach him English once a year.
>>
>>146165145
>favorite
It's not even close.
But compared to 9/10 threads on /a/, it's a fucking masterpiece.

I honestly don't understand how some people can swallow most of this inane crap.
>>
>>146165788
Now that's the kind of post I'd expect from a 5 star anon such as yourself, sir.
>>
>>146162343
reddit
>>
>>146165804
>it's a fucking masterpiece
Dead.
>>
>>146165438
>he saved me
>I absolutely owe him my vagina for the rest of my days

>forever
>alone
>>
>>146165714
I too, would like to know this.
>>
>>146165654
>2009 - 2016
>less than two years

Another series of swings and misses by the way. You're one funny man. My problem is you, you insufferable cunt. You can't expect to be taken seriously if you make threads like these. Like how you're supposed to take a dump in the toilet, not eat in it.

You came off as a stupid bitch who thinks he's smarter than he is, and I decided to pick you apart for it and largely for my own amusement. Tough shit, welcome to the internet.
>>
>>146162343
Honestly, I think it's just a best waifu war. It had a decent premise but the plot feel apart halfway.
>>
>>146162115
I really enjoyed the first episode. Interesting things were done with the "camera", in a cinematographic way. Opening was good.

Then it was very calm. SoL kind of way. I enjoyed it.

Then, the plot came back.
And the plot was utter shit.
>>
File: didhejustsaythat?.png (324KB, 579x458px) Image search: [Google]
didhejustsaythat?.png
324KB, 579x458px
>>146166484
>Tough shit, welcome to the internet.
>>
>>146165071
Reading comprehension?

The story drew people in originally because it was about a hopeless girl in a bad situation finding the possibility that she would have a way out of her circumstances. The extra relationship stuff on top of it was intriguing because it was a misunderstanding which could have formed the basis of the way the story developed. Satoru was trying to save her, not because he was in love with her, but because he knew she was going to die otherwise and he wanted to stop that from happening. She, however, was starting to fall in love with him.

It was interesting because it created an expectation that eventually she would have to cope with this real difference. Personally I was expecting her to be resistant to the idea of moving away because she didn't want to be away from him, and that being the source of some of the main conflict. But that never came up, and that initial conflict - about their feelings for each other having a different basis - was never really expounded on at all.

Just an example of what was disappointing for me about this story.
>>
JEW ME

SUE ME

EVERYBODY DO ME

KICK ME

KEK ME

NEVER GET TO FUCK ME

ALL I WANNA SAY IS JUST, SHE DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT HIM
>>
>>146162175
This
>>
>>146162343
It's the 21st century's Evangelion. Although I doubt a plebeian such as yourself would be able to understand how DEEP it is.
>>
>>146162115
Yes it is
>>
>>146169256
Don't bring your fucking e-celeb shit here.
>>
>>146169256
Fuck off. This isn't /v/.
>>
File: ....png (1MB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
....png
1MB, 1280x768px
>>146163974
Self-inserting is for faggots. I seriously don't get it at all. Maybe I'm retarded, but can someone explain it to me?
>>
The ending was shit but not because of the kek-meme. I mean, how the fuck did people in the hospital know where to put the big airbag when a standard build has all four sides? And how did they even know MC-kun's gonna be pushed off the building Even with the celphone being on at the time, it wasn't hinted that it's what's gonna happen. What's the thought process of sensei with that? Push him off and then escape through the lift being the only way out and hope no one else would see you?
>>
>ERASED
fucking time travel shit and it resolves without losing focus except when it messed up on leaving tiny hints that it was the teacher.
>REZERO
big bad witch, suddenly plot about fucking girls trying to be queen of the land and white whale attacks.

idk i liked erased better and re zero is shit with its retarded story.
>hurr durr i am at 7 11 oh fuck im in a fantasy land somehow i accept my fate and not freak the fuck out that i got teleported and got powers which are random as shit
>>
So from what I'm gathering from this thread, a bunch of manchildren self inserted as a little boy in twu wuv with a little girl and became angry when she grew up and moved on like a normal human being after 15 years?

Or because Satorou clearly wasn't interested in her to begin with?

I mean, the ideal ending was supposed to be the prince marrying the princess he rescued from the dragon? Or something?

Tell me
>>
File: 1460754580745.jpg (214KB, 972x506px) Image search: [Google]
1460754580745.jpg
214KB, 972x506px
C U C K E D
U
C
K
E
D
>>
>>146170103
Do you remember the girl you had a crush on 15 years ago?
>>
itt: cuckfags butthurt that satoru doesn't end up with hinazuki
>>
>>146170170
I didn't have a waifu 15 years ago, normalfag.
>>
Did I make a mistake not watching this? Is it "hahah this is awful" bad or "Oh god how many more episodes do I have to endure" bad?
>>
>>146170238
Not an argument

Do you or do you not recall the girl you had a crush on 15 years ago?

Answer, or be silent

You are being illogical
>>
>>146162175
Yup, first 10 episodes were great until it all went to shit.
>>
>>146170240
it's compelling enough to make you keep watching but falls apart mid to late game. ending is utter garbage, but not because of what the falseflaggers in this thread claims.
>>
Am I supposed to take you people seriously? You're all just a collection of unbelievable exaggerations and stereotypes, it's difficult for me to believe you're real people.
>>
>>146170240
The former, but this mostly comes from self-inserters butthurt that he didn't get with this one girl. Even more absurd is that they think he got NTR'd when he didn't give a shit. The only people that got NTR'd are self-inserters. It got shittier as it went on but it didn't become nearly as bad as people say it did. The beginning is so good that it makes the entire thing worth watching.
>>
I liked the manga more.
>>
>>146162115
the manga ending was much better, but there's only so much you can do in a 13 episode show
>>
>>146170905
I tried reading it while it was airing but the art style was so terrible that I couldn't.

Even A-1 samefaces are better than that Invader Zim looking shit.
>>
I don't think it was a masterpiece, but I also don't it deserves to be called the worst title ever. The author fucked up by presenting it as a mystery story when it wasn't a mystery at all, but I still enjoyed the suspense of seeing whether Kayo would survive past each episode, along with seeing how the teacher responded to Satoru's movements.

The coma timeskip was also a questionable way to transition to the ending. But I could still enjoy it for the tension in the scene where the teacher rolls Satoru up to the roof. It was a decent watch.
>>
>>146168888
>believing a woman would wait for you

At most, even their 'love' is measured in weeks before they've moved on.
To expect otherwise would be absurd.
>>
>>146169998
The first part.

You'd think anyone that pathetic would just kill themselves.
But no.
There are hot pockets to be eaten, cases of mountain dew to drink and lots of socks to splooge in for mom to wash when she violates the boarder of your den each Saturday.
>>
>>146170170
Yea.

And I think about her every single day.
She's on my mind first thing when I wake up.
She's what I'm thinking about as I fall asleep at night, often with pills because I cant' stop rolling over the mistakes.
And then I see her in my dreams, often she's forgiven me.
And for a short time, I'm happy.
Then I wake up, and the world is pain and suffering.

Every day for years now.
>>
>>146162343
I lasted to 17. Seriously, it was too repetitive and boring no matter how many dank memes came out of it.
>>
>>146171426
Jesus I feel for you bro, I have a girl like that too, but I can go a good while without thinking about her.

Every day? Damn man that sucks.
>>
>>146171426
this is how serial killers are born
>>
>>146162308
SAO Syndrome
>>
>>146170820
>The beginning is so good that it makes the entire thing worth watching.
Pretty much. /a/ warned me early on about it getting shittier later and I still reccommended it to someone just because of how good the first episode was. I still go back and re-watch it from time to time
>>
File: dance turtle.gif (1MB, 262x323px) Image search: [Google]
dance turtle.gif
1MB, 262x323px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9G20wV0KHE
Opening is GOAT and weirdly nostalgic
>>
>>146171426
Get help.
>>
>>146162115
Nah.
It was alright.
>>
>>146162343
Gonna shock you here, people have different opinions and are allowed to think that something is good.

Sorry if you were expecting a conspiracy or something to validate your opinion that you're trying to be a special snowflake over.
>>
Haven't seen the animu, but the live action instead. Probably won't be watching anymore Indonesian paper adapted live actions on my plane rides anymore desu.
>>
>>146174071
>Probably won't be watching anymore Indonesian paper adapted live actions on my plane rides anymore desu.
Wrong, you should be watching Aoi Honoo/Blue Blazes instead.
>>
File: Watching anime high.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Watching anime high.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>146174306
I'm so thankful for getting to watch Aoi Honoo.
Best time in my life.
>>
>>146173882
He asked why it's popular, he never said anything about people not being able to have different opinions.

Thanks for saying absolutely nothing.
>>
>>146162115
It was great until Kayo was saved. The last third of the series blew.
>>
>>146162115
AOTY so far*
fixed
>>
>>146162115
If I hate on this show, will I fit in here?
>>
They say anime isn't just for kids. This thread is a clear proof of how wrong that is.
>>
>>146162115
oh, for sure!
>>
>>146162115
Doing the MC dirty like that was a disgrace, the author and Kayo should be ashamed of themselves.
>>
I always enjoyed the manga.

But thankfully as soon as I saw it was going to get adapted I refused to go into any of the threads until I had read the end. Turns out I was right and the anime and threads after it stated was a huge shitfest, and it seems /a/ trolled the shit out of itself over the anime.

I enjoyed the manga all the way through but it did become a little silly in places, I think even the ending was good since I was an Airifag from the first chapters.

tl;dr /a/ is too shitty, so to enjoy something you need to ignore /a/
>>
>>146163313
What didn't happen?
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.