[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever made positive life choices because of an anime or manga?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 15

File: image.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
Have you ever made positive life choices because of an anime or manga?
>>
Pic related. It didn't offset all the bad choices made due to anime or manga.
>>
>>146154831

Anime only leads bad life choiches
>>
File: Hippo.jpg (295KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hippo.jpg
295KB, 1024x768px
>>146154831
Started lifting for my boy Ippo
>>
>>146154923
Not true, there's fucking heaps of morally correct shit in anime that can inspire you.
>>
Honestly, I always feel kinda bad when I read something and their house is just spotless. Mine is awful, so I'm doing ever so slightly better at cleaning.
>>
File: 1467678823914.jpg (155KB, 362x447px) Image search: [Google]
1467678823914.jpg
155KB, 362x447px
When I first realized that guts was only like 20-22 years old(myself being 23)during the Millennium Falcon arc and had done so much I actually got motivated and started working out.

It was the only time I ever really applied myself to it, I still keep up with it today, and I am in great shape compared to the sweaty fatty I used to be, I actually have nice definition and abs.

downside is I also became a regular on /fit/
>>
Became a moralfag, got better at cooking
>>
I live the same way for the past 15 years
Fuck choices
>>
>>146154831
Yes, I killed myself.
>>
File: 1449184564358.png (293KB, 838x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449184564358.png
293KB, 838x720px
Yes, decided to stop being a neet shut-in loser and get a job to buy the Berserk manga collection.
>>
File: 1463169719575.jpg (48KB, 600x751px) Image search: [Google]
1463169719575.jpg
48KB, 600x751px
Started playing volleyball because of pic related
>>
>>146154831
God damn I wish I had wood floors. Actually, my perfect house would have those ceramic tiles that look and feel like wood, complete with warmers underneath to keep them a cool but not frigid 20C or so. I fucking hate carpet so much god fucking damn. Carpet is dirty, traps fucking every bit of lint and hair and bug you can imagine, and it looks like shit after like a week. It's a pain in the ass to clean, and the only benefit it has is that it's not super cold on your feet in the winter. This pro is completely irrelevant when compared to wood or tile with heaters. Carpet is the bane of my existence I swear to god I hate it so much.
>>
>>146155821
My house has wood floors and they croak nonstop. I cant even take a shit in the middle of the night without waking everyone up
>>
File: neet.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
neet.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>146154831
i now want to be a NEET from the bottom of my heart
>>
>>146155821
Having a cat that isn't trained too well, yet, I feel your pain about carpet floors.
>>
File: 1368479955546.jpg (215KB, 1200x958px) Image search: [Google]
1368479955546.jpg
215KB, 1200x958px
>>146154967
same but with running
>>
>>146154831
I got an answer right on my math test because of the first part of Owarimonogatari, it was something about Euler obviously.
>>
>>146154831

Constantly. I kind of absorb the personalities of strong/outspoken/ambitious characters and improve myself this way. Not in an autistic way where I literally try to be an anime character, but merely try to display positive traits if that makes sense.
>>
>>146155929
I kept trying to get into running, but fuck me was it boring to do. Plus I was a skelly so I wasn't keen on cardio.
>>
>>146156215
I feel ya. As long as it doesn't get out of hand, adopting a more confident personality is always a good things.
>>
>watch Kuroko no Basket
>two years of basket
>big shit for 2 years
>mfw when Kuroko was a meme.
>>
File: 1458893457939.png (34KB, 700x471px) Image search: [Google]
1458893457939.png
34KB, 700x471px
My life was both saved and ruined by anime.
It's like a pact with the devil.
>>
>>146154831
Ever since I found my waifu I started to work out and I don't have suicidal thoughts anymore because I have to live for her.
>>
>>146154831
My life got a lot worse since I started to watch anime.
>>
I never made any positive choices because of it.
>>
File: blogs.png (8KB, 238x82px) Image search: [Google]
blogs.png
8KB, 238x82px
>>
>>146157003
Blogging is bad in threads not dedicated to blogging. If OP makes a blog thread, might as well just contain the blogfagging to it instead of allowing it to disperse into other threads.

People on /a/ want to talk to people on /a/ about their feelings and thoughts about shit because they share a common interest. So long as the OP doesn't really care that people are blogging here it shouldn't be an issue. Better to have it all contained in 1 or 2 threads than just popping up in every thread, because it is going to happen either way.
>>
Yes, it is the reason i watch anime.

Since i am autistic social inept edgy kid, i only started to learn basic things about life after seeing people do it in anime/manga/books and discussing it online.

I watch anime mainly to learn more about derisable traits and ideas to incorporate in my real life.

Stupid things i only learned because anime:
>how to cook
>clean the house
>why i should study/ made me into a /lit/fag
>i should exercise/ made me start running and lifting
>reasons i should try my best
>how to treat people nicely / how not to be a obnoxious piece of shit in real life
>basic morality
>basic human relationships
>all the bullshit shonen mcs force down my throat about being a nice person
>it is also probably the reason why i am studying what i do in college

Comparing my life before and after anime, i am a completely diferent person -- i like to think i changed for the best.
/blog
>>
>>146157126
Someone post the picture that reads like this faggy post with t. an autistic teenager at the end
>>
>>146157126
rest aside i'm not sure if you are even serious about the house chore, most of it if not all you should learn at early stage from your parents.
>>
File: avatar(3).jpg (20KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
20KB, 500x330px
>>146157250
I have no parents
>>
>>146157078
Better to have it in its correct board. baka desu senpai
We are all under the umbrella of 4chan, so use the other parts of it. Having every board have their own /soc/ thread kills the purpose of /soc/ existing and even furthers the divisions of the boards.
>>
>>146157250
I can attest to the fact that if your parents aren't strict enough, you may not be any good at doing chores, or don't do them often.
>>
Is collecting something a positive life choice? Because I started buying manga and I like having a nice little tidy collection.
>>
>>146157328
/soc/ is for camwhores
pretty sure all the boards like being separated, i can't imagine /r9k/ users sharing a blog thread with /fit/ users
>>
>>146157250
I never did any, i was just a sheltered momma's boy.

It might sound a bit exaggerated but it is mostly true, i am quite autistic and always lacked strong figures to inspire myself. Anime is very character centered, so it helped a lot to understand what i should try to imitate into my life.
>>
>>146157126

Can absolutely relate to. There are people like us that use anime both as entertainment and instruction manuals.
>>
so, is blogshit allowed now?
>>
From NGE, I understood how selfish it is to be a whiny bitch like Shinji is.

Problem of being a selfish whiny bitch still persists, tho...

Saddest thing is, I saw NGE first time 16 years ago.
>>
>>146157328
>>146157830

Come on, what's the deal? Not like it's an epidemic. The boards are not only seperated by interests and topics, but also by types of people. Do you honestly believe that /soc/ scum would be compatible with people talking here?
>>
>>146157545
I just think dividing up the site goes against its intended purpose. Trying to make it 'us vs them' when talking about other boards is the original spirit of 4chan. All the boards were intended to share a portion of the userbase of 4chan as a whole. /a/ might as well be a different website at this point, and I think that is shitty.
Perhaps I'm just being an idealist.
>>
>>146158411
>Trying to make it 'us vs them' when talking about other boards is the original spirit of 4chan.
I meant 'is against'. I need to proofread my shit.
>>
I never understood the hatred people have for people who derive something out of fictitious stories and incorporate it in their lives, especially when we are talking about anime.

Most of anime are coming-of-age stories, and almost all of them have a moral teaching. Learning something good from them should be only natural. Why are people so against it?
>>
>>146154831
Idk ask this kid
>>
>>146160753
He made a good choice, its not worth living in this world.
>>
>>146154831
>anime and manga
>positive life choices
Mutually exclusive.
>>
>>146156276
>boring
I run 10 miles every three days and it ain't boring at all.
The city is extremely safe so I can start before dawn and watch the sunrise over the river while running across local bridge.
>>
Tried to learn to play guitar because of K-On

I always wanted to, but the show made it seem so fun I actually tried to play some shit, learned to read tabs, tune and all that. I quit after a few months but it was still a fuwa fuwa time.
>>
No, but I went deep inside escapism at one point and became an actual addict. It was pretty much like being hooked on a substance and had an emotional breakdown in real life.

Also, to all of those who say "I adapt le epic personalities from anime characters" - this may sound good on paper, but I bet if you actually saw yourself from the side (such as through a video recording), you would see how autistic and cringe-worthy you are. Real people are way different from anime people kek.
>>
>>146156651
It isn't too hard to find friends that dig anime and working out anon.
Last time I got to chill with my friends from home we hiked all day then came home and watched anime all night. Best of both worlds really.
>>
>>146160753
>killing yourself for a shitty waifu
I can understand a good waifu, but c'mon
>>
>>146156276
it's a bit less boring if you listen to music while.
>>
File: 1444010952207.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444010952207.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
It's made me more nonchalant in life
>>
>>146162510
Sounds like you suffer from the classic fear of having an animated persona.
>>
>>146160753
There was an article about this guy's patents wanting to ban anime. Sad situation everywhere.
>>
>>146154913
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.