[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/a/, i'm far from new at anime but there is something talked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1024x768.jpg (122KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1024x768.jpg
122KB, 800x600px
/a/, i'm far from new at anime but there is something talked of positively about here that i have not yet seen, or even had a desire to...until now.

Evangelion...my "final frontier" as it were.

Could someone be kind enough to tell me in what order am I to watch this series, as well including it's several movies? THAT has been one of the main reasons why i really haven't watched it because i know literally nothing about it.

Also...I've not watched much "mech" type anime like this. Will not being too high on the idea of constant "mech interaction" be enough to put me off and away from it? I'm sure hoping not.

Thanks.
>>
File: children.jpg (33KB, 330x440px) Image search: [Google]
children.jpg
33KB, 330x440px
Also, if an Eva thread is needed please feel free to use this one!
>>
It's not really too cryptic. You need to watch the original series (Neon Genesis Evangelion), but skip the final 2 episodes entirely. Once you've completed the third-to-last episode, watch End of Evangelion.
That's pretty much it, if you liked it alot, you can go ahead and watch the final 2 episodes and the Rebuild movies. They don't really add alot imo, but still worth a watch if you enjoyed the series.
As for the Rebuilds, watch 1.11 first, then 2.22, then 3.33.
>>
File: evangelion.jpg (184KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
evangelion.jpg
184KB, 848x1200px
Bumping along a bit.
>>
>>146044260
I forgot to mention Evangelion: Death and Rebirth. Skip that one entirely, it's pretty much just a 2h movies that sums up the events of the series, kinda like a recap episode.

There are also several spin-off manga, haven't read any of them myself though, so I can't tell you anything about them.
>>
>>146044260
this is what tasteless Otaku who hate the show because it is the most sophisticated thing in the medium always try to troll new people into doing.
watch the whole show and then watch end of eva. then you can watch the rebuilds in order if you like.
>>
>>146043871
Neon Genesis Evangelion > Kizumonogatari > Bakemonogatari > Ore Monogatari > Endless Eight > Rebuild
>>
>>146044523
Why would you watch the last 2 episodes before EoE? It basically spoils part of what makes the movie so great.
>>
>>146044260
>skip the final 2 episodes entirely.
Skip giving shitty advice.
>>
>>146043871
Broadcast version of the show, Death and Rebirth, End, Director's Cut. Then Puchi, you've earned it.
>>
>>146044260
Don't fucking skip the last two episodes. Just watch the show. Retards only say not to watch it because having to use your brain a minute amount to figure out an ending is too much to them.
>>
>>146044763
>>146044834
Give me a reason as to why anyone should watch the final 2 episodes when EoE exists. The final two episodes are not canon, this has been confirmed numerous times. EoE is the canonical ending.
>>
>>146044260
>>146044647
Skipping 25+26 is terrible advice >>146044523 and >>146044834
are correct. The original ending is excellent in its own right, it should be never skipped.

>>146044886
The original ending was not written by some other director or team. It was the work of Anno and Gainax, it is absolutely canon.

>>146043871
>>
>>146044990
What's next, are you gonna defend the Rebuilds because they were made by Anno?

Especially funny because Anno has stated on multiple occassions that the ending of NGE is not canon.
>>
>>146045220
>Especially funny because Anno has stated on multiple occassions that the ending of NGE is not canon

I want proof. I myself read that Anno was still fine with NGE ending.
>>
>>146044523
It's not some mind-blowing psychological exploration, "deep metacommentary", or even a competent ending.
It's a waste of 40 minutes spent looking at recycled footage from the last few episodes while completely failing to tie up literally any plot thread. It amazes me that some Eva purists actually like these episodes or think they have any value when it's well documented that they only exist because the funding for the proper ending wasn't there at the time.
New viewers should not be told to waste their time with that garbage and should jump straight to EoE. When my friends first watched the show those two episodes were so bad it destroyed any hype the show had built up and it was a struggle even to convince them to bother with EoE afterward.
>>
>>146045220
It's part of the series, so you watch it. Do you really need any other reason than that to watch an episode?
>>
>>146045220
>What's next, are you gonna defend the Rebuilds because they were made by Anno?

Funny enough, I remember interviews at the beginning of Rebuild about how it was going to be 'the Eva that they had intended to do but couldn't'. Does that make it more canon than the original?

>Especially funny because Anno has stated on multiple occassions that the ending of NGE is not canon.

That's wrong, though.
>Hayashibara: So there will be two episode 25s.
>Anno: Right, it will be a multi-ending.
>Hayashibara: So, a dual... ah, a multi-ending. After episode 24 the endings will diverge.
>Anno: Right.
>Hayashibara: There will be two of them.
>Anno: There will be two of them.
>Hayashibara: Ah, two endings.
>Anno: Yes.
>Hayashibara: In terms of gaming - is it called a simulation game? What do you call it? The ending for that [particular] self changes as you go on [through the game].
>Anno: Right, a multi-ending [game].
>Hayashibara: You took this road so you went here. You took this road so you went here. The ending changes. That's how it goes.
>Anno: Um. Evangelion is my live performance. Since I create it with this sense of it being live, what I'm thinking now, what I'm feeling now, my current mood, all this gets transferred onto film - that was the initial theme, or the theme I had in my mind.
>Hayashibara: Right.
>>
File: shinji.png (71KB, 198x264px) Image search: [Google]
shinji.png
71KB, 198x264px
OP here. Just wanted to thank all of you for the insight.

I'll be starting it tonight.
>>
>>146043871
>'m far from new at anime
No, you're pretty clearly incredibly new. Maybe you've been into it for a few years, but you haven't progressed beyond the entryway yet.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.